• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toledo at Arkansas State (ASU 2016 Preview)

Started by Redwolves8526, August 31, 2016, 10:41:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redwolves8526

August 31, 2016, 10:41:34 am Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:00:57 pm by Redwolves8526
Arkansas State opens up with a good Toledo team on Friday night. Kickoff is set for 8pm on ESPNU.

ASU returns a ton of talent on defense. This will probably be the best front 7 in our school's history, especially with Dee Liner becoming eligible (former 4 star Alabama transfer) and Devin Mondie getting a 6th year of eligibility. Our D-Line and Linebacking corps will be the deepest/most talented we have had in a long time. Will the secondary be able to stop the big play?

On offense, while we have some new faces, we should be able to put points on the board. Cam Echols-Luper (TCU transfer, listed in top 10 fastest NCAA athletes), Kendall Sanders (Texas transfer), Dijon Paschall, Omar Bayless, and Blake Mack will make up this impressive receivers group. In the scrimmage, they looked extremely explosive and made things happen after the catch. I don't think we'll miss a beat losing McKissic. The O-line is very solid (returned almost everyone), and I expect Colton Jackson and Jemar Clark will get a good shot at the pros after this season. The QB situation is the one that needs to be ironed out. It's come down between Chad Voytik (graduate transfer from Pitt) and Justice Hansen (former 4 star transfer from OU). Both have looked solid so far, but this system depends heavily on the QB. Both will get snaps in the season opener.

IF we win this game, it could be the difference in a 12-0, 11-1, or 10-2 season compared to 9-3 or 8-4. If one of the QB's has a great season, I like our chances of winning 10 or 11 games. This is probably the most impressive roster Arkansas State has ever had. Will that equal wins?

Predictions? Ill take the Wolves in this game by 10, 38-28. Go stAte!

Longfellow

Toledo is tough, but I'll take the Red Wolves by a touchdown 34-27

OB11

I'm excited to see what this team can do.  Plenty of weapons on offense and a formidable defense will make ASU a tough game for anyone.  I think it's conference championship or bust for the Red Wolves.

Redwolves8526

Quote from: OB11 on August 31, 2016, 10:57:41 am
I'm excited to see what this team can do.  Plenty of weapons on offense and a formidable defense will make ASU a tough game for anyone.  I think it's conference championship or bust for the Red Wolves.

I don't think anyone in the Sun Belt can keep up with us if we are healthy. We shall see

Redwolves8526

If you get home early from your Friday night game or if you are at home for the night, tune in for the game at 8 on ESPNU! This ASU team should be fun to watch!

WPWells

Lions84

bleudog

Lions84

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas