• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville vs. DeQueen

Started by polksalet, November 11, 2011, 10:24:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wahls

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 14, 2011, 11:05:44 am
Well, lets get it started then...

DQ not talkin cause they know whats coming....a beat down of epic proportions.  Scrap by 24.
I watched the Nashville game via Highlands website, and they looked like the exact same team as they did against De Queen. The team captains were laughing with the officials coming out of halftime. You're going to have a tough time convincing me that anything has changed if you couldn't get up for the game the first time around. Doesn't mean it won't happen, just saying that it's a hard sell.

From here out, I'm going to be 100% completely honest.

I'm gonna take De Queen by 85. Nashville's quarterback throws worse than Casey Dick into Cover 3. He has acquired the fine art of staring a hole into his primary and throwing it at right the safety. I expect him to go 2-15 for 31 yards. #LSU

Linebackers are small and the defensive line gets about as much penetration as a .22 into a car door.

Meanwhile, De Queen is experienced in participating in full-contact Origami. The Leopard band will woo you with their sensuous and god like playing, forcing your defensive backs to fall asleep in coverage. Marquette Williams' bowlegs have super powers, and will have about 400 yards receiving.

They are so confident they aren't even going to practice this week; the coaching staff has been actively teaching them how to perform a gastric bypass with nothing but a mechanical pencil.

De Queen Leopards, winning games and preventing Diabetes since 2011.

Top Shelf

@showband...From what I understand, Coach Goodwin cast the tie-breaking vote to keep Marquette on the team.  Any truth to that?  What did he do?  #anotherlittlej

Wahls

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 14, 2011, 01:13:19 pm
@showband...From what I understand, Coach Goodwin cast the tie-breaking vote to keep Marquette on the team.  Any truth to that?  What did he do?  #anotherlittlej

Do not compare Little J and Marquette. I love 'em both but it isn't even close.

Top Shelf

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 14, 2011, 01:13:19 pm
@showband...From what I understand, Coach Goodwin cast the tie-breaking vote to keep Marquette on the team.  Any truth to that?  What did he do? 

ok, how bout now?

Wahls

Keep stirring. You're not getting anywhere with me on this.

Top Shelf

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 14, 2011, 01:26:45 pm
So you're saying theres a chance?

Stan Fan

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 11, 2011, 11:45:53 pm
We gladly take all the bandwagon fans back now. And so will dequeens gas stations.eaterys.concession stands.  ;)
Good one! I don't see De Queen people turning Scrapper money down!;)

Top Shelf

Can anyone recommend a good Mexican restaurant in DQ?   ;D

GRANNY

Quote from: polksalet on November 11, 2011, 10:24:28 pm
:)
"People in town," says Joe Lee Goodrum, "they all consider themselves Scrappers for life."

Big Time

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 14, 2011, 03:51:22 pm

Nothing in Dequeen is good..... And if you wanna go eat, or need directions or have to get gas..... better learn spanish.

Or you will be hungry, lost and broke down on the side of the road in a diffrent country.

fbbb22

racism?  come on Nashville have some class. Should be a great game and nobody needs to go there....

Wahls

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 14, 2011, 01:30:22 pm

This reminds me of the text message chain that was floating around a couple of years ago that had Greg White's picture on a dart board proclaiming that they were going to break his legs, or when someone started the rumor that he was transferring.

You shouldn't have to think or hope, or even make up rumors that De Queen has players out to convince yourself you have a chance.

Quote from: fbbb22 on November 14, 2011, 05:52:29 pm
racism?  come on Nashville have some class. Should be a great game and nobody needs to go there....

Big Time has no class. Poor guy is going to be in for a shock before too much longer with the Nashville complex absorbing a lot of De Queen jobs.

Sabe usted lo que significa, ese?!?!

Bigbossman

since you wont tell us you wont mind if i tell the version thats floating around nashville?

Wahls

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 14, 2011, 06:34:29 pm
since you wont tell us you wont mind if i tell the version thats floating around nashville?

I've asked several people in the know, and they have no idea about it.

This is the same sort of stuff that's happened for years. Not surprising.

Top Shelf

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 14, 2011, 06:13:21 pm

This reminds me of the text message chain that was floating around a couple of years ago that had Greg White's picture on a dart board proclaiming that they were going to break his legs, or when someone started the rumor that he was transferring.

You shouldn't have to think or hope, or even make up rumors that De Queen has players out to convince yourself you have a chance.

Doesn't Fattys mother live in Nashville?  It wouldn't be that far fetched for him to have considered transferring

No, I want all the DQ players to play Friday night... I don't want y'all to have any excuses. 

Top Shelf

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 14, 2011, 06:49:10 pm
Quote from: Bigbossman on November 14, 2011, 06:34:29 pm

I've asked several people in the know, and they have no idea about it.

This is the same sort of stuff that's happened for years. Not surprising.

Keep digging, you'll find it.

Wahls

I'm sure. Keep stirring.

And no, his mother lives in De Queen. And the transfer thing was totally bogus.

~WPS~

Quote from: fbbb22 on November 14, 2011, 05:52:29 pm

Big Time has no class. Poor guy is going to be in for a shock before too much longer with the Nashville complex absorbing a lot of De Queen jobs.

Sabe usted lo que significa, ese?!?!
I had to go to google translate to figure that out. ;D

Wahls

November 14, 2011, 07:23:24 pm #68 Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 07:25:27 pm by Showband of Arkansas
Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 14, 2011, 07:16:16 pm
I had to go to google translate to figure that out. ;D

I had to look up a word, TBH.

EDIT: I just looked at it on google translate, and it is a little off but you get the gist. I think I should just reply to Big Time in Spanish from now on.

~WPS~

When's DQ going to clean up a little on the visitors side. There's a tree growing thru the bleachers. I could have sworn that thing grabbed my leg. That sewage is making stuff come to life back there. Plus the mexicans that sit on the house. That never gets old. :-[

Wahls

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 14, 2011, 08:07:46 pm
When's DQ going to clean up a little on the visitors side. There's a tree growing thru the bleachers. I could have sworn that thing grabbed my leg. That sewage is making stuff come to life back there. Plus the mexicans that sit on the house. That never gets old. :-[

Take up your complaints with the administration office.

Bigbossman

Honestly showband i hadnt heard anything other than some fodder about some kid yada yada yada. Then there was a vote yada yada yada. So i dont really know anything just poppin my gums. Kinda ribbing ya.

I hadnt heard yall having any eligabilty issues. Nashville would have already sniffed those out.

Wahls

This is a yearly occurrence. It started in 2007 with a rumor about Kyle Atkins, worked its' way to Zack Taylor, Greg White, it skipped a year, and now Marquette is mentioned. I don't know who starts them, but you guys in Nashville are the biggest gossiping bunch ever. It's no longer surprising.

Bigbossman

Was dequeen at full strength for the ashdown game?

Wahls

Quote from: Bigbossman on November 14, 2011, 09:57:52 pm

I don't know. That is the only game I didn't get to watch or listen to.

Bigbossman

So just looking back at the dequeen season. BAUXITE played yall a 20 point game You lost to malvern one touchdown more than us. And you lost to ashdown. Now ill be the first to tell ya.  nashville season has been way less than steller. But if yall aint gettin ready for nashville this week. Then your caoches are idiots.

True Player

@ BigBossman
DeQueen played an awful game against Malvern and didn't show up at Bauxite until the 2nd half, that being said, I believe Nashville is a better team ONLY when Nashville plays at The Hill. Their win at Highland didn't impress me. DeQueen doesn't really have any more of an advantage at home than they do on the road, as a matter of fact they seem to play better on the road. So ironically this game can almost be seen as which school as the stronger weakness, the Scrappers on the road? Or the Leopards at home? It should be a tough game.

True Player

Also i hear that Stephens isn't practicing this week, anyone got anything on that? If he doesnt play for some reason then the Scrappers almost have a giftwrapped victory this week.

hawgfan15

This is one of those games where if you aren't dead or can't walk then you will play. And if you can't walk then some ask to play nose guard and bear crawl the whole game. I fully expect all hands on deck for both teams friday night even if they aren't 100%

Wahls

Quote from: True Player on November 14, 2011, 11:12:43 pm
Also i hear that Stephens isn't practicing this week, anyone got anything on that? If he doesnt play for some reason then the Scrappers almost have a giftwrapped victory this week.

Now you're just trollin'. You wish.

marsh8727

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 14, 2011, 10:20:16 pm
Quote from: Bigbossman on November 14, 2011, 09:57:52 pm

I don't know. That is the only game I didn't get to watch or listen to.

I wasn't there personally either, but that was by far Ashdown's best performance of the season on both sides of the ball, Dequeen was playing somewhat under themselves from what I heard and read.

Top Shelf

Gentry Chevrolet- 20
York Gary- 44

Top Shelf

Lewis Food Center- 20
Charlies Thriftway- 44

Top Shelf

Poblanos in the old Western Sizzlin building- 20
Poblanos in the old Pizza Hut Building- 44

Top Shelf

Spanish mandatory- 20
Spanish optional- 44

Top Shelf

Empty Husqvarna buliding- 20
Full Husqvarna building- 44

Overdahill

since it is the playoffs, I'm going w the Scappers this time

Top Shelf

26 wins 57 losses 2 ties- 20
57 wins 26 losses 2 ties- 44

Top Shelf

Lost 12 of the last 13 meetings- 20
Won 12 of the last 13 meetings- 44

Top Shelf

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 14, 2011, 06:51:09 pm

No, I want all the DQ players to play Friday night... I don't want y'all to have any excuses. 
[/b][/b][/b]
Heck, I even want Brandon Coulter to drink a lot and run up and down the DQ sidelines like he did last game.

Stan Fan

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 14, 2011, 03:51:22 pm
There is not a "good" one!

Stan Fan

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 15, 2011, 07:17:32 am
Lost 12 of the last 13 meetings- 20
Won 12 of the last 13 meetings- 44
Hey De Queen -
Question  - "who's your boss?"
Answer -     "Nashville"

~WPS~

You show me a good loser and I'll show you a De Queen Leopard.

Wahls

Quote from: Ballplayer1 on November 15, 2011, 10:24:41 am
You show me a good loser and I'll show you a De Queen Leopard.

Tell your laughing team captains that. They seemed to be taking it well last time.

gobey

Unfortunately  for DeQueen,  their latest winning streak against Nashville, only lasts for a few more days.   

paraloma

Wahls

I've been told by someone in Horatio that Earnest is a little worried and says Nashville is beat up...

Top Shelf

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on November 15, 2011, 11:17:36 am
I've been told by someone in Horatio that Earnest is a little worried and says Nashville is beat up...
thougt you didnt like to fish

Wahls

Quote from: Top Shelf on November 15, 2011, 11:28:58 am
thougt you didnt like to fish

I don't. Heard it from a good source.

redeye819

Earnest is still used to seeing Horatio beat up which WAS trouble with only 15 players, not so much in Nashville ;)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas