• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nashville vs dequeen

Started by Bigbossman, September 18, 2011, 09:09:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigbossman

Paraloma your bottom half of your post is correct. In response to the top half, thats how it should work, but I doubt that it does. In this situation

Mulerider, come watch practice, then come watch a game, the offense is there, plain and simple the receivers are not making their catches come game time. The QB is getting it there they just aint makinit happen on their end. Some in the know say come game time they are scared to get hit. And by in the know I mean a guy that gets a check from nashville to stand on the sidelines and do what he does best, not perry and I aint callin names. But if you would like come to the game make yourself known im in the chairbacks ,I will save one for ya and you can watch it with me and I will show you exactly why the D is our downfall. now im talking over all. I think you are talking why we have failed t hus far, and clearly if you cannot put numbers on the board then your not gonna win games. But I promise you nashville has the offense the scores dont reflect the ability, they are not in sync, and they may not get into sync this year but if and ehen they do nobody will question their offense.

AirWarren

Quote from: Mulerider on September 29, 2011, 05:03:11 pm
Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on September 29, 2011, 10:49:11 am
Quote from: Mulerider on September 29, 2011, 09:47:42 am
CAC is giving up 47 a game on the year to teams other than Nashville!  DeQueen isgiving up 39 a game to teams other than Nashville and lowly, horrendous Hope put

30 on the board against Prescott!

True, Nashville has always been dominate on the D side of the ball but to say a defense that is giving up 16 points a game is the weak link is a stretch.  On top of that, the D is on the field three times as much as usual since the offense is inept.  More possessions with less rest between possessions puts even more pressure on the defense.

Just my opinion.

Well, DQ also played Camden Fairview and Booneville in there. That's a lot higher competition than what the other teams you've mentioned have played. That's why
that number is so high.

The offensive only has subtle issues that can be more easily fixed. That's why most people aren't in panic mode as far as the offense.

Camden Fairview and Booneville?  So what, we are talking Nashville here, one of the
most potent offensive attacks in all of football no matter the class.  Fairview and Booneville are not better offensive teams that Nashville and they are not more talented on the offensive side of the ball than the Scrappers.  Booneville?  Really, freaking Booneville compared to the skill sets and offensive line Nashville has?

If these problems on offense are indeed subtle, you would think they could be fixed before a three game losing streak gripped the program.  To score 16 points a game
against 3 teams that are not very good is pretty embarrassing for the program.

These are all my unprofessional opinions, I have no idea why the Scrappers are so impotent on offense and why they are getting shut down by defenses that they would normally torch.
You have to be one of the most mindless homers I have ever seen on this board. Nashville is good but true talent fluctuates. And this may be one of those times. Everyone goes through it. Nashville isn't promised a 12-0 season year in and year out. See yalls 2003 season.

And Camden fairview would pistol stomp you guys this year and give you a heck of a fight year in and year out.

Bigbossman

Quote from: True Player on September 29, 2011, 05:59:32 pm
Camden fairview has a way better offense than Nashville. Nashvilles offense can't hold a candle to fairviews. Another reason Nashvilles offense isn't "potent" is that their receivers can't catch the ball. Against DeQueen there were 9 dropped passes. You can't have a good offense with 9 drops.

My poiny exactly +100 on your post. Clearly from someone who has watched them play, and seen the obvious. Good post.

ScrapperMan

Nashville v Camden Fairview history is old. We used to play them but haven't since early 90s, I believe. CF is quite a bit larger now and has a great program. I really don't see Nashville competing with them for any time in the near future. But if you live in the past, we do hold an edge head to head. But like I said it was a long time ago.

Wahls

September 29, 2011, 07:55:51 pm #154 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 07:59:50 pm by Showband of Arkansas
Quote from: Mulerider on September 29, 2011, 05:03:11 pm
Camden Fairview and Booneville?  So what, we are talking Nashville here, one of the most potent offensive attacks in all of football no matter the class.

Are we talking about three years ago, or right now? Ahh, nostalgia.

Quote from: Mulerider on September 29, 2011, 05:03:11 pmFairview and Booneville are not better offensive teams that Nashville and they are not more talented on the offensive side of the ball than the Scrappers.  Booneville?  Really, freaking Booneville compared to the skill sets and offensive line Nashville has?

Camden Fairview would destroy Nashville in one half and Booneville would win by 3 TD's. If Nashville couldn't stop Chris Jones, good luck against Booneville's fullback.

Skill sets don't matter if you can't catch or find soft spots in zones (goes for the receivers and the quarterback).

Mulerider

It's good to hear Nashville has a potent offense in practice.  So now the question is how does that translate come game time or will it ever translate in a game.

I don't believe for one second that Nashville is so untalented this season that the 1-3 record is just a cycle thing.  What is it, not sure, why can the kids not perform on Friday night, don't know.  But to blame it on no talent or a down cycle is total BS.  Nashville mercy ruled DQ last year and should have been mercy ruled by DQ this year.  A 60 or 70 point swing in one year, really?  We are talking about DeQueen here!!!

I will refrain from commenting further on why the 2011 Scrappers, so far, win the underachiever of the year award.  I hope it works itself out soon and I will continue rooting for them every Friday night but let me emphasis, this is not a cycle or a talent problem in my humble opinion.

Wahls

September 29, 2011, 08:40:34 pm #156 Last Edit: September 29, 2011, 08:42:49 pm by Showband of Arkansas
Whoops. I completely misread your post Mulerider. Delete this please.

polksalet

Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on September 29, 2011, 08:40:34 pm

DQ education lol

Wahls

Quote from: polksalet on September 30, 2011, 07:12:24 pm
Quote from: Showband of Arkansas on September 29, 2011, 08:40:34 pm

DQ education lol

Processing disorder which causes letters to move in three dimensional patterns on two dimensional planes.

marsh8727

Seems the Scrappers are holding their own against PA tonight.

Wahls

Quote from: marsh8727 on September 30, 2011, 08:58:01 pm
Seems the Scrappers are holding their own against PA tonight.

They sure are. I'm very impressed.

OldScrap

Quote from: Mulerider on September 29, 2011, 08:36:48 pm
It's good to hear Nashville has a potent offense in practice.  So now the question is how does that translate come game time or will it ever translate in a game.

I don't believe for one second that Nashville is so untalented this season that the 1-3 record is just a cycle thing.  What is it, not sure, why can the kids not perform on Friday night, don't know.  But to blame it on no talent or a down cycle is total BS.  Nashville mercy ruled DQ last year and should have been mercy ruled by DQ this year.  A 60 or 70 point swing in one year, really?  We are talking about DeQueen here!!!

I will refrain from commenting further on why the 2011 Scrappers, so far, win the underachiever of the year award.  I hope it works itself out soon and I will continue rooting for them every Friday night but let me emphasis, this is not a cycle or a talent problem in my humble opinion.

I think they proved that tonight, they came a long way since last Friday night. Hopefully they will keep on improving.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas