• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood @ Lake Hamilton

Started by The Future, October 29, 2017, 09:21:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Baitshop

Week #10 before the Big Ban Hammer comes out....and it's not a UofG fan.

Go figure...

zebradynasty

When you go bear hunting with a switch....

PrivateLesson

I wouldn't recommend it!!    I'm unclear who HorseWithNoName was???   

AT

Greenwood's last regular season loss was 2014 against Bryant. Just crazy how good this program is.

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 02, 2017, 07:46:45 pm
Greenwood's last regular season loss was 2014 against Bryant. Just crazy how good this program is.
It doesn't look like this year will be any different or break that streak.  Fortunate to have the stability, talent and Coaching that has helped make them the program that they are.   Every year, it seems they have a player that can step into another spot.   I'm interested to see them play at WMS. 

The Future

Gsme day people!

I believe my prediction was 41 14 dogs.
Good luck to both teams

Pr8hd

November 03, 2017, 01:49:34 pm #106 Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 01:52:10 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Almatrackster on November 02, 2017, 07:46:45 pm

+1 Trackster and good luck getting the outright West tonight

As long as Jones is there, they are going to be pretty consistent at winning, may not extend that streak every year, but they seem to be able to reload. I know their 7th and 8th grade teams went unbeaten and think the 9th grade team lost 1 game by 1 pt. There are some talented kids in those groups. So, those guys just take the next man up approach.

Obviously, Jr high results mean very little, but generally CRJ and staff only make those kids better when they get to varsity level.  CRJ's going to eclipse 300 wins next year and winning percentage at GW is like 85-86% in his tenure. It's very impressive and GW is very fortunate to have had his services and enjoyed the success they have had.

It's been a fun ride, and would like it to last a few years longer selfishly to get my other boy thru under him and that program.

urban legend2

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 03, 2017, 01:49:34 pm
+1 Trackster and good luck getting the outright West tonight

As long as Jones is there, they are going to be pretty consistent at winning, may not extend that streak every year, but they seem to be able to reload. I know their 7th and 8th grade teams went unbeaten and think the 9th grade team lost 1 game by 1 pt. There are some talented kids in those groups. So, those guys just take the next man up approach.

Obviously, Jr high results mean very little, but generally CRJ and staff only make those kids better when they get to varsity level.  CRJ's going to eclipse 300 wins next year and winning percentage at GW is like 85-86% in his tenure. It's very impressive and GW is very fortunate to have had his services and enjoyed the success they have had.

It's been a fun ride, and would like it to last a few years longer selfishly to get my other boy thru under him and that program.
No matter how anyone feels about Greenwood, you can't deny that the Bulldogs are the epitome of a true high school program. You've gotta give credit where credit is due. They'll have talent drop offs here and there because that's what happens in cycles sometimes, but they've been able to make kids better and play to their best year in and year out. That's admirable man, no matter how anyone spins it.

The Future

Greenwood has been very blessed with football success since the turn of the new millennium. And the fans love every minute lol.
Football as well as all sports comes and goes in cycles. Greenwood will not be on top of the mountain forever. But we will enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts!

PrivateLesson

Greenwood and LH Tied at 10 at half.  Not what I expected

rona

Dogs will get it going in 2nd half!

PrivateLesson

PrivateLesson

The Future

PrivateLesson

zebrafan

Bigfootdogfan

The Future

10-0 once again.
Great game dogs.

Just realized. TT just mentioned Greenwood hasn't lost a regular season game since 2014 when we lost 2 in a row to then top ranked Conway and let Bryant slip in a win. But those were/are 7A teams. So in the 6 years Greenwood has been in 6A we have not lost a 6A regular season game. The 4 6A games we have lost have all been in the playoffs.

Bigfootdogfan

PrivateLesson

Quote from: The Future on November 03, 2017, 09:31:16 pm
10-0 once again.
Great game dogs.

Just realized. TT just mentioned Greenwood hasn't lost a regular season game since 2014 when we lost 2 in a row to then top ranked Conway and let Bryant slip in a win. But those were/are 7A teams. So in the 6 years Greenwood has been in 6A we have not lost a 6A regular season game. The 4 6A games we have lost have all been in the playoffs.
An Amazing Accomplisment and your prediction was close!!!

Dad of Future Dog

Quote from: urban legend2 on November 03, 2017, 06:26:00 pm
No matter how anyone feels about Greenwood, you can't deny that the Bulldogs are the epitome of a true high school program. You've gotta give credit where credit is due. They'll have talent drop offs here and there because that's what happens in cycles sometimes, but they've been able to make kids better and play to their best year in and year out. That's admirable man, no matter how anyone spins it.

+1 Thanks for the props.  I was lucky enough to have two boys go through his system.  His outlook on life is worth more than anything he teaches on the field (although they do overlap;)

Dad of Future Dog

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 29, 2017, 02:34:53 pm

2000STRIPEDDONKEY needs to stick to predicting exotic mascot scores! LH Wolves are about to get smashed.GUARANTEED!!!

BULLDOGS 49 Wolves 13

GO BULLDOGS!!!

+1  not to far off dogger  45-17

PrivateLesson

He was close...so was The Future. 

Weird...Where is Bulldogger??   I figured he would be on here.   

WeRFootball

Quote from: 2000ZEBRA on October 29, 2017, 10:07:34 pm
I don't wanna play a put together team, All the Zebra Players are home grown. Greenwood has to get kids from other cities
This is so funny that people say this lol....sounds to me you are looking for an excuse after Greenwood beats you...well if you get that far.

AT

Holy moley, The Future is right. That is INCREDIBLE.

Greenwood jumped up to 6A in 2012. I believe they've been the smallest school every cycle, even when Alma jumped up.

2012 - 14-0 overall - State Champs - 3-0 in regular season vs. 6A teams.

2013 - 12-1 overall - State Semi-Finalists - 3-0 in regular season vs. 6A teams.

2014 - 7-4 overall - State Quarterfinalists - 3-0 in regular season vs. 6A teams.

2015 - 12-1 overall - State Runner-Ups - 3-0 in regular season vs. 6A teams.

2016 - 12-1 overall - State Runner-Ups - 7-0 in regular season vs. 6A teams.

2017 (so far) - 10-0 overall - ?? - 7-0 in regular season vs. 6A teams.

Closest 6A victory? 3 point win vs eventual state champs Russellville last year.

26-0 vs. 6A teams in regular season.

bulldogger15

Quote from: PrivateLesson on November 04, 2017, 01:26:39 am
He was close...so was The Future. 

Weird...Where is Bulldogger??   I figured he would be on here.
It's my BYE week also. Lol

GO BULLDOGS!!!

dhen

Does Greenwood  have a live stream ?

bulldogger15

Quote from: dhen on November 10, 2017, 06:32:32 pm
Does Greenwood  have a live stream ?
Best in the business when it works. TT and the boys on the radio is your best bet as a back-up.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas