• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whiney excuse thread for Gurdon posters

Started by amehr36, November 23, 2013, 12:23:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: FilmCrew on November 25, 2013, 12:54:56 pm
Yeah Devil we cam out flat...Our Coach isn't very good, the score was a lot closer that it looks, we didn't get a very good seed, the refs didn't want us to win, Bearden had some players from Dierks on their team and everyone knows they are better than everyone else (well at least Gurden), It rained a lot and our players don't really like the rain, we don't get any good players to recruit because we are to far from Arkadelphia, our shoe factory shut down and we don't have a mill, we lost a couple of years ago, we really wanted to play at home because or quick stop gives free icee's and popcorn after the game. Basketball is our favorite sport (until we lose at that, then it will be baseball)......YOU JUST WATCH OUT UNTILL NEXT YEAR!

Wow! With all that working against it's a wonder you guys were able to make the trip to Bearden...........much less find the stadium and manage to run up a goose egg.

bleudog

Quote from: FilmCrew on November 25, 2013, 12:54:56 pm
Yeah Devil we cam out flat...Our Coach isn't very good, the score was a lot closer that it looks, we didn't get a very good seed, the refs didn't want us to win, Bearden had some players from Dierks on their team and everyone knows they are better than everyone else (well at least Gurden), It rained a lot and our players don't really like the rain, we don't get any good players to recruit because we are to far from Arkadelphia, our shoe factory shut down and we don't have a mill, we lost a couple of years ago, we really wanted to play at home because or quick stop gives free icee's and popcorn after the game. Basketball is our favorite sport (until we lose at that, then it will be baseball)......YOU JUST WATCH OUT UNTILL NEXT YEAR!

I'm experiencing a bit of déjà vu, but +1 there FC.  ;D

FilmCrew

I figured if anyone could understand my plight Ol Devil Man Could.

I hope that I haven't infringed on any of his copyrighted material...(you see Ol Devil Man that is where I can't use....ah, never mind!! I'm sure you wouldn't understand).

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: FilmCrew on November 25, 2013, 04:07:12 pm
I figured if anyone could understand my plight Ol Devil Man Could.

I hope that I haven't infringed on any of his copyrighted material...(you see Ol Devil Man that is where I can't use....ah, never mind!! I'm sure you wouldn't understand).

If you'd mentioned it sooner, I could have found out how Gurdon managed to score 40 on Bearden, relayed it to you guys............and maybe you'd still be playing. Then again, maybe not.

CMhawgtracks

The devil himself has been correct all this time. It was Gurdons championship game, problem #1 is they lost it, problem #2 is it wasn't JC's and problem #3 Gurdon is simply just another notch in JC's belt

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on November 25, 2013, 04:33:02 pm
The devil himself has been correct all this time. It was Gurdons championship game, problem #1 is they lost it, problem #2 is it wasn't JC's and problem #3 Gurdon is simply just another notch in JC's belt

Problem #4, there will be a real runner up, that gurdon will not be a part of.

FilmCrew

Now, that we are BFF's. I was wondering if while you are at Red-E-Mart talking about all the ways some of the schools have wronged Gurdon, can you pick me up some Little Debbie Snacks.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: FilmCrew on November 25, 2013, 08:25:22 pm
Now, that we are BFF's. I was wondering if while you are at Red-E-Mart talking about all the ways some of the schools have wronged Gurdon, can you pick me up some Little Debbie Snacks.

Right now the "fire the coach" crowd is all gathered at Red E Mart. Get one of them to pick ya one up. Tell 'em I'm good to cover you since you ain't got a job these days. We'll just call it Merry Christmas.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Its gotten to the point that "the devils" post are like a train wreck, you know its going to be horrible, but you cant help but read it, just to see if the "stupid meter" can go any higher.  ;D

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 25, 2013, 08:34:15 pm
Its gotten to the point that "the devils" post are like a train wreck, you know its going to be horrible, but you cant help but read it, just to see if the "stupid meter" can go any higher.  ;D

And yours are always a stroke of pure genius.

cuz

Reminds me of a Bible verse I once read.......
"When I was a child I spoke as a child I understood as a child I thought as a child; but when I became a man I put away childish things." I Cor. xiii. 11.

He's just haven't made it to Manhood yet.............. ;D

In childhood the mind, pleased with every trifle and void of care, vacantly pursues its little pleasures, and, blessed with ignorance of the ills and disappointments of life, looks forward with sanguine hopes to fairy scenes of happiness; while the bright and tearless eye, resting on the outside of things, sees a paradise in every lawn and grove. A recollection of these childish delights is often cherished with rapture in future years, while the man, forgetful of the frettings and whining of childhood, indulgently inquires, Why were the former days better than these? But he does not ask wisely concerning this. A virtuous manhood is much more to be desired than the state of children. It is capable of far nobler pursuits, of knowledge, enjoyment............

Try it you might even like it............. ;)

FilmCrew

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on November 25, 2013, 08:31:00 pm

Right now the "fire the coach" crowd is all gathered at Red E Mart. Get one of them to pick ya one up. Tell 'em I'm good to cover you since you ain't got a job these days. We'll just call it Merry Christmas.

Come Ol'Devil Man...Are your overall wearing buddies down at there at the Red-E-mart about to spit some beach nut in your coach's eye. You got to love the simple folks of Gurdon. 

The_Devil_Himself

I'm thoroughly impressed with your cut and paste skills.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: FilmCrew on November 25, 2013, 09:03:49 pm
Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on November 25, 2013, 08:31:00 pm

Come Ol'Devil Man...Are your overall wearing buddies down at there at the Red-E-mart about to spit some beach nut in your coach's eye. You got to love the simple folks of Gurdon.

Says the guy from Mt. Ida.

FilmCrew

"Excuse" Me....See what I did there Ol' Devil Dude....I used a word that you...Ahh never mind you wouldn't understand.

Are you Key, Big Smith or Liberty kind of guy...I love me some Key Overalls.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: FilmCrew on November 25, 2013, 09:15:04 pm
"Excuse" Me....See what I did there Ol' Devil Dude....I used a word that you...Ahh never mind you wouldn't understand.

Are you Key, Big Smith or Liberty kind of guy...I love me some Key Overalls.

Big Smith. The Nike of overalls.

CMhawgtracks

Just a little information. JC's Dancy had 249 yds. Gurdon had 250 total yds. Don't think the game was as close as some would try to make us believe.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on November 25, 2013, 08:52:58 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on November 25, 2013, 08:34:15 pm

And yours are always a stroke of pure genius.

This is the first post you have posted that is actually accurate.

FilmCrew

Hey thanks for the information CMhawgtracks...But right now me and the Ol' Devil Dude aren't concerned with any facts that would show Gurdon not being in total control of the game...We are discussing the finer clothing choices of the "Simple People" of Gurdon.

And really come to think of it CMhawgtracks it really makes me a upset that you would even through out such a hurtful fact this soon after the game. I will get with Ol' Devil Dude later to see if we can come up with a good "reason" that occurred

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on November 25, 2013, 09:23:35 pm
Just a little information. JC's Dancy had 249 yds. Gurdon had 250 total yds. Don't think the game was as close as some would try to make us believe.

Tied at 6-6 in the first quarter. 19-6 at half. 19-6 with Gurdon 1st and goal with 3:00 left. JC rips a long one to make it 25-6 with a couple of minutes left.

Yogi

FilmCrew

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on November 25, 2013, 09:39:23 pm

Tied at 6-6 in the first quarter. 19-6 at half. 19-6 with Gurdon 1st and goal with 3:00 left. JC rips a long one to make it 25-6 with a couple of minutes left.

That was what we came up with...You see that was our attempt to show that it was in fact really close...and your facts about Dancy went completely over our head..

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: FilmCrew on November 25, 2013, 09:50:31 pm

That was what we came up with...You see that was our attempt to show that it was in fact really close...and your facts about Dancy went completely over our head..

Dancy is a great player on a great team. I've never said or suggested anything to the contrary.

FilmCrew

Wait, wait.. I thought thats what we came up with together...You know, ignore what they said about the game not being close...

Maybe we should have another meeting at the Red-e-mart...I feel like I need some more excuses. Plus I am out of sum twist ta'backa!

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: FilmCrew on November 25, 2013, 10:38:58 pm
Wait, wait.. I thought thats what we came up with together...You know, ignore what they said about the game not being close...

Maybe we should have another meeting at the Red-e-mart...I feel like I need some more excuses. Plus I am out of sum twist ta'backa!

Ain't bitin'. Just heard Bearden's fight song. The Bears must have scored again.

CMhawgtracks

November 26, 2013, 09:18:58 am #125 Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 09:22:08 am by CMhawgtracks

By your standards, Gurdons 14 pt win (40-26) win over Bearden, was a blowout, an earth shattering butt whuppen.

By my standards, even if the final score had remained JC (19-6), 13 points, that wouldn't have been a close game. What did that first and goal at the three get you?

I typed this slow because I realize some people's education level and comprehension skills are less than my shoe size...

Big Boy

It must be something to do with those 19 point losses (25-6 and 34-15) that confuses them.

Idoknow

Have ya"ll actually ever been to Gurdon? In the old days before they built their new faciality, the visiting team had to load their belonging in a locked bus after getting dressed to keep it from being stolen. This was told to the visting team by the Coach and Administration.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Idoknow on November 26, 2013, 11:56:30 am
Have ya"ll actually ever been to Gurdon? In the old days before they built their new faciality, the visiting team had to load their belonging in a locked bus after getting dressed to keep it from being stolen. This was told to the visting team by the Coach and Administration.

There are still places in the 6, that you better still do that.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: CMhawgtracks on November 26, 2013, 09:18:58 am

By your standards, Gurdons 14 pt win (40-26) win over Bearden, was a blowout, an earth shattering butt whuppen.

By my standards, even if the final score had remained JC (19-6), 13 points, that wouldn't have been a close game. What did that first and goal at the three get you?

I typed this slow because I realize some people's education level and comprehension skills are less than my shoe size...

I don't know where you came up with that one. Yeah, Gurdon ran off 33 straight and Bearden's late TD made the game look a little closer. But, Bearden had a 20-7 lead at one point and kept it close until the fourth quarter. It ain't a blowout unless it's a mercy rule. Decisive win? Yes. But certainly not a blowout. You've got me mixed up with the Dierks crowd.

Jaybo

I'm betting big money that nobody has you mixed up with the Dierks crowd. LOL

cuz

Quote from: Jaybo on November 28, 2013, 12:40:59 am
;D ;D ;D

tacklethis...

Quote from: Jaybo on November 28, 2013, 12:40:59 am

I think it's official. Dierks vs Gurdon is a rivalry game!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas