• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A-1 District Tournament @ Prairie Grove

Started by Nip/Tusk, February 12, 2016, 04:56:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldtimeeagle

I will be over there for at least the Huntsville games.

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

oldtimeeagle

End 1st qtr boys semifinals
Berryville 16
Huntsville 9

oldtimeeagle

Sr boys halftime score
Huntsville 33
Berryville 22

oldtimeeagle

End 3rd qtr sr boys
Huntsville 42
Berryville 29

oldtimeeagle

Sr boys final score
Huntsville 58
Berryville 38

oldtimeeagle

End 1st qtr sr girls
Huntsville 3
Berryville 3

oldtimeeagle

Sr girls semifinals halftime score
Berryville 14
Huntsville 10

oldtimeeagle

End 3rd qtr sr girls
Berryville 24
Huntsville 15

oldtimeeagle

Sr girls final score
Berryville 37
Huntsville 30

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

Should be a packed house tomorrow night at Tiger Arena. 
Sr girls
Prairie Grove vs Berryville at 5:30
Sr boys
Huntsville vs Pea Ridge at 7:00

mountainman

I came up last night and watched your semi finals.  I think we match up well with your 4A-1 teams. They should be very good games exempt the ones that have to play Baptist  they are head and shoulders better than any team in the Tournament and I do mean head and shoulders.

pridgehog

Baptist will have their hands full playing Shiloh in the first round of Regionals if that's the team they play. Shiloh is allowed to slap hands and shove. Plus the ole 7 footers better be ready to run for 32 min. Nobody you guys play has a style like Shiloh, you think it will be a cakewalk and then all the sudden you are in a dogfight. Ozark would have its hands full with Shiloh too...

WattsOzark

LRRandy

Quote from: pridgehog on February 20, 2016, 03:20:09 pm
Baptist will have their hands full playing Shiloh in the first round of Regionals if that's the team they play. Shiloh is allowed to slap hands and shove. Plus the ole 7 footers better be ready to run for 32 min. [/b]Nobody you guys play has a style like Shiloh,[/b] you think it will be a cakewalk and then all the sudden you are in a dogfight. Ozark would have its hands full with Shiloh too...
Baptist Prep played in national tournaments in Peoria, Ill, Nashville, Tn and played games in Monroe, La and Memphis, Tn to prepare for post season play. I am sure Shiloh hasn't played a team like Baptist Prep.

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

MrSmith

pridgehog

Quote from: WattsOzark on February 20, 2016, 04:14:21 pm
We're you there when Ozark played Shiloh?
I was there the first time that Pea Ridge played Shiloh at Shiloh and we killed them! Huntsville beat them 50 the first time. Then, Shiloh got about 40 points a game better. They almost beat Huntsville and Pea Ridge the final three times. Don't be fooled by what Shiloh did a couple months ago.

pridgehog

Quote from: LRRandy on February 20, 2016, 04:28:07 pm
Baptist Prep played in national tournaments in Peoria, Ill, Nashville, Tn and played games in Monroe, La and Memphis, Tn to prepare for post season play. I am sure Shiloh hasn't played a team like Baptist Prep.
Baptist should just kill them but we shall see...

LRRandy

Quote from: pridgehog on February 21, 2016, 12:24:38 am
Baptist should just kill them but we shall see...
at tournament time anything can happen. If the boys focus on the opponent across from them at that moment and play their best game I like their chances.

Ozark Hog

Not A Baptist prep fan, but if you think that all they have is the big 2 boys you are living in a fools paradise. The twin brothers are as good as anyone in the 4-1a conference and they have a freshman that does not even start that is lighting in a bottle. As for the big boys running up and down the court for 32 minutes they really do not have too they are patience team on offense and do not turn the ball over a lot. Once the big boys get setup down low on baseline, they are hard to stop without fouling them. When they are on defense, you had better be hitting your 3 point shoots cause its real hard to take in inside and score over them.
But I can also say after Watching them play 3 times this year,  that they run the floor a whole better than you think, the younger of the big boys can move pretty good and if you do not guard him at the 3 point line he will step out there and knock them down. Believe me Ozark does not play slow ball, they get up and down the court and Baptist does not shy away from that style, as they have a pretty decent bench.
I would say good luck to Shiloh, but after playing the team they have played out of conference  I really doubt that Shiloh will show them something they have not seen. So if you are hanging your hopes on that one thing, I am afraid it will be a long night for you folks.

pridgehog

Like, I said, if Shiloh is allowed to slap hands and shove, Baptist will have their hands full...

Ole Legend

Quote from: Ozark Hog on February 21, 2016, 11:07:52 am
Not A Baptist prep fan, but if you think that all they have is the big 2 boys you are living in a fools paradise. The twin brothers are as good as anyone in the 4-1a conference and they have a freshman that does not even start that is lighting in a bottle. As for the big boys running up and down the court for 32 minutes they really do not have too they are patience team on offense and do not turn the ball over a lot. Once the big boys get setup down low on baseline, they are hard to stop without fouling them. When they are on defense, you had better be hitting your 3 point shoots cause its real hard to take in inside and score over them.
But I can also say after Watching them play 3 times this year,  that they run the floor a whole better than you think, the younger of the big boys can move pretty good and if you do not guard him at the 3 point line he will step out there and knock them down. Believe me Ozark does not play slow ball, they get up and down the court and Baptist does not shy away from that style, as they have a pretty decent bench.
I would say good luck to Shiloh, but after playing the team they have played out of conference  I really doubt that Shiloh will show them something they have not seen. So if you are hanging your hopes on that one thing, I am afraid it will be a long night for you folks.

Out of conference games mean absolutely nothing.

LRRandy

Quote from: Ole Legend on February 21, 2016, 06:07:06 pm
Out of conference games mean absolutely nothing.
i guess it depends on what you mean by out of conference games and the type of teams you play. Are you saying that a team that plays a strong non conference schedule ( a 4a school that plays 5,6 7a schools) gains no benefit in that scheduling and should schedule weaker, lower conference (2a or 3a) schools to fatten it's won loss record? I may not understand what you mean or maybe I understand how your school schedules.

LRRandy

Quote from: pridgehog on February 21, 2016, 01:59:37 pm
Like, I said, if Shiloh is allowed to slap hands and shove, Baptist will have their hands full...
by having their hands full does that mean only winning by 20.

pridgehog

Quote from: LRRandy on February 21, 2016, 07:58:17 pm
by having their hands full does that mean only winning by 20.
No I mean a real close game.

LRRandy

Quote from: pridgehog on February 20, 2016, 03:20:09 pm
Baptist will have their hands full playing Shiloh in the first round of Regionals if that's the team they play. Shiloh is allowed to slap hands and shove. Plus the ole 7 footers better be ready to run for 32 min. Nobody you guys play has a style like Shiloh, you think it will be a cakewalk and then all the sudden you are in a dogfight. Ozark would have its hands full with Shiloh too...
ok, I'll play. What is this style that Shiloh plays that Baptist Prep has not seen. Or is it too close to game time that you can't say?

pridgehog

Quote from: LRRandy on February 21, 2016, 09:55:31 pm
ok, I'll play. What is this style that Shiloh plays that Baptist Prep has not seen. Or is it too close to game time that you can't say?
They press and trap full court for 32 minutes and run 12 guys in and out every 30 to 40 seconds.

LRRandy

Quote from: pridgehog on February 21, 2016, 11:16:54 pm
They press and trap full court for 32 minutes and run 12 guys in and out every 30 to 40 seconds.
got it. Have to handle the press. Is Shiloh athletic? Quick? Have any bigs? Baptist has been pressed by some very quick, athletic teams. We beat Springdale Harber in Jonesboro in December. Does Shiloh press like they do?

pridgehog

Quote from: LRRandy on February 22, 2016, 07:02:10 am
got it. Have to handle the press. Is Shiloh athletic? Quick? Have any bigs? Baptist has been pressed by some very quick, athletic teams. We beat Springdale Harber in Jonesboro in December. Does Shiloh press like they do?
Shiloh has two 6,5 to 6'6 kids but no real size besides them. Like I said, if they are allowed to slap the hand and knock the ball away without fouls being called, I could see it being interesting, you guys may beat them 50 points, who knows. They don't press anything like Harber and I know you guys had about 10 or more turnovers in the first quarter against Harber. Their press is much more chaotic than Harbers.  If I had to guess, I would say that you guys will win by 15 plus but it may be closer throughout the game than you might think...

LRRandy

Quote from: pridgehog on February 22, 2016, 08:24:16 am
Shiloh has two 6,5 to 6'6 kids but no real size besides them. Like I said, if they are allowed to slap the hand and knock the ball away without fouls being called, I could see it being interesting, you guys may beat them 50 points, who knows. They don't press anything like Harber and I know you guys had about 10 or more turnovers in the first quarter against Harber. Their press is much more chaotic than Harbers.  If I had to guess, I would say that you guys will win by 15 plus but it may be closer throughout the game than you might think...
sounds like a good challenge. How does each team execute? The real unknown until they get on the floor isn't it. I'm looking forward watching the teams play.

TheOfficial

Quote from: pridgehog on February 21, 2016, 01:59:37 pm

Slap hands, slap hands!

TheOfficial

February 22, 2016, 08:50:34 am #95 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:54:14 am by TheOfficial
Quote from: pridgehog on February 21, 2016, 11:16:54 pm

Saw Shiloh at the Tiger Classic at Valley Springsand I've seen every team in Baptist's conference this year.  Shiloh's pressure isn't anything that is going to surprise Baptist. 

pridgehog

Quote from: TheOfficial on February 22, 2016, 08:50:34 am
Saw Shiloh at the Tiger Classic at Valley Springsand I've seen every team in Baptist's conference this year.  Shiloh's pressure isn't anything that is going to surprise Baptist.
Let me reiterate once again, Shiloh is much better than when you saw them...

pridgehog

Quote from: LRRandy on February 22, 2016, 08:32:38 am
sounds like a good challenge. How does each team execute? The real unknown until they get on the floor isn't it. I'm looking forward watching the teams play.
Absolutely, I hope the games are competitive and also have good officials.

TheOfficial

Quote from: pridgehog on February 22, 2016, 08:57:43 am
Let me reiterate once again, Shiloh is much better than when you saw them...

Good to hear.  Maybe they can put up a good fight.

Ozark Hog

Pride hog I do not understand how if that vaulted  press defense is so good how did Shiloh finish with a losing record?  They lost to team in 3-A & 2-A conference.
I pretty sure that Baptist has seen anything that they can throw at them. It doesn't matter how many players you run in and out of the game.
I doubt if they play against many 7 footer in their league let alone 2 of them, with a couple of guards that I bet is as good as any guards playing on any 4-1A team.
I mean if they are that good of a pressing team they should be a lot better than their record,it must not scare many of the other teams they have played this year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas