• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden @ EPC

Started by Donnie Jamon, November 19, 2011, 10:04:31 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who y'all got..

EPC
44 (53%)
Bearden
39 (47%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Classof91

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 21, 2011, 11:34:04 am
Quote from: Classof91 on November 21, 2011, 11:08:12 am
What do people think about this?

Parkers Chapel 33 vs Des Arc 12

EPC 35 vs Des Arc 6

Bearden 35 vs Parkers Chapel 0

To me, unless unknown circumstances were at play, Parkers Chapel and EPC performed against a common opponent about the same.  Bearden blanks Parkers Chapel at Parkers Chapel w/o Lowe.
what do you think about this
Magazine 34 Salem 2
EPC 49 salem 7
Like opponent hardly ever works. EPC could have beaten Des arc by more bad penalties and a turnover killed to scoring drives. Plus Des arc didn't snap the ball until there was about 1 second left on the play clock the entire time they had the ball. And beating a PC team that on many of these boards was depleted by injuries means nothing. EPC is healthy and if Bearden comes in thinking this is gonna be easy you are mistaken. I promise you EPC is not taking Bearden lightly and will be ready Friday

Bearden isn't taking EPC lightly either.  If Like opponents hardly ever work then how in the world do people rate teams across conferences?  At some level it does play into the equation.  I also said, "unless unknown circumstances were at play" meaning I know that teams can have injuries, refs can be wrong, ....  In this case ya'll are saying the refs are the reason EPC didn't hang more on Des Arc; I got it.

bdubyab60

Didn't say the refs I said penalties I actually saw a couple  and yes common opponent comes in to play when talking about rankings but it rarely works when saying this team will beat that team

littleman

EPC is a great football team, but they are fixin to see a great football team also Friday night! This will not be a blowout! Make room EPC they gonna bring the whole school district with them!

abercrombie_balla

Colt

Quote from: bdubyab60 on November 21, 2011, 07:29:17 am
The Applebees in West Memphis will have the game on probably. Also there is a sports bar call Frogs just off Missouri street turn right off of Missouri by the McD's and its on the left pat Bonanza. There is also a Coltons in Marion just up the road that will probably carry the game as well. its easy to see the Applbees and the Coltons from the road.
Frog's and Bonanza in WM are both shutdown. My suggestion would be either Applebee's in WM or Mi Pueblo Mexican restaurant in Marion, full bar and will definitely have the Hogs game on there as well. Those are the only 2 place I can tell you would have it up i-40/i-55 close to Lepanto.

abercrombie_balla

I will probably just go to Applebee's, i know they will have the game on! Thanks Guys!

mrkingark

cuz

November 21, 2011, 03:45:07 pm #57 Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 03:47:20 pm by cuz

Bears vs Warriors

Nemesis

EPC's version of the story...

mr.gametime

Bearden is a very good team..but haven't played against a player like A.J tuner all year...its not just hype..this kid is a beast at linebacker...the best high school linebacker I have seen with my own 2 eyes...

Classof91

November 21, 2011, 06:04:52 pm #60 Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 06:07:14 pm by Classof91
Thats the word around Bearden too so I would imagine our coaches will prepare as best they can.  We have some good players too!  ;D

This is one of the great things about playing unfamiliar foes, you never really know until you play someone.  I am excited about seeing this young man and for him and Lowe to get acquainted before both going to the UofA!  Both are being recruited for defense; is that correct?

mr.gametime

Yeap...this class has a lot more 2A players going to play for D1 schools than years past...strong,Bearden,EPC, McCrory...all have players going to play D1 football after high school...

cuz

bearbacker52

razorbacks win, bears win, rison loses, and steelers win, and i will be a happy man..

leedog95

Hope the field is in good shape. These are two teams really fast teams, this could be a very sloppy game. The last time Bearden came to EPC they made EPC look pretty bad...

Nemesis

Field is in good shape. 

Back then (last time we played Bearden) it was a good game trading trading td's.  Our star back broke his collar bone in the 2nd quarter.  We were not deep in any of the positions at all and the game shifted in Bearden's favor big time.  This team is a lot deeper.  It should be a much better game.  Hope you guys have a safe trip. 

cuz

November 22, 2011, 08:59:57 pm #66 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:01:56 pm by cuz
Bearden is the most consistant team for making a run in the playoffs.They have been in the finals or semi-finals every year for the last 5 years. A very impressive resume by anyone's standards.....
2006 Jessevile 28 Bearden 12           Semi-Finals
2007 Mt Ida 17  Bearden  16             Finals
2008 Des Arc 12 Bearden 7               Semi-Finals
2009 JC 24    Bearden   14                Finals
2010 Danville 20 Bearden 14             Semi-Finals
If you believe in luck,fate or whatever you want to call it Bearden could once again be in the Finals.
Cudos Bears, show's hard work pays off....

Good Luck Bears

mcnewfamily

donnie i'll be in bearden tommorrow. may slide by field and try too see some in side scoop. be thier till friday then back late friday night. keep me posted on the scores and i'll do the same. we got to keep this going.

B-TRAIN

Who cares what happened 5 years ago.... all that matters is Friday night. Let bearden celebrate past accomplishments, come fish day all that matters is who hits who in the mouth hardest

Donnie Jamon

Quote from: mcnewfamily on November 22, 2011, 09:14:42 pm
donnie i'll be in bearden tommorrow. may slide by field and try too see some in side scoop. be thier till friday then back late friday night. keep me posted on the scores and i'll do the same. we got to keep this going.

will do..  gl to the jags.. 

East Poinsett

Quote from: cuz on November 22, 2011, 08:59:57 pm
Bearden is the most consistant team for making a run in the playoffs.They have been in the finals or semi-finals every year for the last 5 years. A very impressive resume by anyone's standards.....
If you believe in luck,fate or whatever you want to call it Bearden could once again be in the Finals.

Good Luck Bears
That shows you if history repeats.....Bears are out again and could happen Friday night.....GO WARRIORS....

BEARDENBEARS.NET

Problem is, it aint Semi-Finals yet...LOL

cuz

Quote from: East Poinsett on November 23, 2011, 10:34:04 am

Good Luck Bears
That shows you if history repeats.....Bears are out again and could happen Friday night.....GO WARRIORS....
Hate to bust your bubble, but if history repeats itself, the Bears got  ;)2 more games after this one........

Head Lion

leedog95

I was standing on the sidelines about 20ft from where the EPC star running got "HIT" that was probably the hardest HIT I've seen in high school football ever... Boy he was a good little running until that HIT. D.Lowe was a 9Th grader that year, I remember he a couple of long runs that game boy he is fast......

Donnie Jamon

East Poinsett

Quote from: cuz on November 23, 2011, 11:47:08 am

Good Luck Bears
Hate to bust your bubble, but if history repeats itself, the Bears got  ;)2 more games after this one........
Hate to bust your bubble......It only shows that u don't have what it takes to be the state champs.....always getting PUT OUT...just like this Friday night...

BEARDENBEARS.NET

I dont see EPC listed as one of those teams.  ;D

bearbacker52

Quote from: BEARDENBEARS.NET on November 23, 2011, 12:33:13 pm
funny net, i was looking for the same thing and it did not say didly....but I admire those smack talkers, it is free entertainment... I really hope that they think they gonna walk over us...as the old saying goes cant tackle what you cant catch...

mcnewfamily

promise you this they can catch and more than likely out run you. speed is not a problem for them. epc will bring the wood.

bleudog

November 23, 2011, 12:53:48 pm #80 Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 01:53:39 pm by bleudog

Good Luck Bears

Hate to bust your bubble, but if history repeats itself, the Bears got  ;) 2 more games after this one........
Quote from: East Poinsett on November 23, 2011, 12:22:17 pmHate to bust your bubble......It only shows that u don't have what it takes to be the state champs.....always getting PUT OUT...just like this Friday night...

BBN, EPC had their chance to be on that list but they got "PUT OUT" themselves.

2008    East Poinsett County 28    Bearden 45    Quarter finals

BEARDENBEARS.NET

bdubyab60

Quote from: bleudog on November 23, 2011, 12:53:48 pm

Good Luck Bears

Hate to bust your bubble, but if history repeats itself, the Bears got  ;) 2 more games after this one........
Quote from: East Poinsett on November 23, 2011, 12:22:17 pmHate to bust your bubble......It only shows that u don't have what it takes to be the state champs.....always getting PUT OUT...just like this Friday night...

BBN, EPC had their chance to be on that list but they got "PUT OUT."

2008    East Poinsett County 28    Bearden 45    Quarter finals
well we have another shot at it and hopeffully we can make the most of it

bdubyab60

I also think this EPC sseem is much better than the one bearden faaced in 08 by a wide margin. And definitely isnt a one man show and with back ups to the backups

cuz

Quote from: East Poinsett on November 23, 2011, 12:22:17 pm

Good Luck Bears
Hate to bust your bubble......It only shows that u don't have what it takes to be the state champs.....always getting PUT OUT...just like this Friday night...
I let you in on a little secret my team is Junction City, and I believe we've won a few championships, was just posting some results of hard work. Sorry you didn't appreciate my work.... ;D

indian

Hey bearden.. Why don't you stop talking so much an wait till Friday night an then will see.. It's gonna be a good game but how about you stop running your mouth until the final whistle blows.. An if you think y'all are just gonna come to epc an beat them at home.. You've got another thing coming..

Classof91

Quote from: indian on November 23, 2011, 05:28:06 pm
Hey bearden.. Why don't you stop talking so much an wait till Friday night an then will see.. It's gonna be a good game but how about you stop running your mouth until the final whistle blows.. An if you think y'all are just gonna come to epc an beat them at home.. You've got another thing coming..

Both teams have been "running" their mouth!  It's all just posturing isn't it?  No one on here who supports Bearden thinks that the Bears can just walk in your place and get an easy victory.  Everyone knows that both teams are very good this year and which ever team brings their A game will be the obvious favorite.  Even Cuz, a Dragon through and through, will tell you that no team is so dominant this year that they can't be beat! 

Friday will be here soon enough and I promise the Bear supporters will be the first to come on these boards and give it up to EPC if they win the game!  And remember that if that does happen some may not be able to get to a computer until the next day due to the travel distance....But I'ma bet that ain't needed Friday!   ;D :D ;) ;D :o ::) :P ;) :)

Donnie Jamon

ha ha we aren't playing the game so we should be able to talk smack..  and i know how to eat crow also.. 

cuz

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 23, 2011, 06:20:05 pm
ha ha we aren't playing the game so we should be able to talk smack..  and i know how to eat crow also..
http://thecrowroost.com/RECIPES.htm

Classof91

Quote from: cuz on November 23, 2011, 06:45:49 pm
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 23, 2011, 06:20:05 pm
http://thecrowroost.com/RECIPES.htm

I prefer the fried myself...I ate a plate full last year when Danville smacked us in the mouth!   ::)

ppoaol

I enjoy the fact that most of the people on this topic thinks that Bearden is going to drive to EPC take the field, beat the Warriors from start to finish and that the Warriors have not prepared for a hard fought game! I can promise you that the coach has the boys ready to play! And of all the stats that was posted of Bearden in the semis someone might have just put how often they made the semis not that they lost every year! Not being disrespectful Bearden has a nice resume but the past is the past and can not wait to watch a great game Friday night! Gods luck to both teams!!!

Classof91

November 23, 2011, 08:00:58 pm #91 Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:12:07 pm by Classof91
I'm finding out that people from EPC / supporters of EPC / folks not wanting Bearden to win are HIGHLY SENSITIVE and TENDER EMOTIONALLY!  I think most people on here including Bearden supporters think EPC has a great team and it's gonna be a hard win for whoever wins....

I thought eastern arkansas farm boys were pretty tough....driving in one of them JD 7410's, closed cab with the ac on has made ya'll soft.  Go back to an open cab when turning that dirt! ::)

bearmomma

In reference to the general slamming of the Bearden posters and supporters from this conference on this thread....I would like to say that on the Bearden prediction board  98% of BEARDEN fans have this as a game to be decided by a touchdown or less.  I don't see that as being cocky that they are going to "beat the warriors from start to finish" to quote one poster. Also, remember that a football teams game  mentality is a far cry from that of posters on FF.   Personally, I think that when there are only  8 teams  left then  they are all pretty good to have made it this far so to take any team lightly is an  error on their opponents part. Best wishes for an injury free game for ALL teams and safe travel for all fans.   

Jesus Saves

This matchup reminds me a lot of the 06 and 07 playoff matchups between Bearden and Earle.  In my opinion, Earle put more speed and overall talent on the field both years, but Bearden's strength, conditioning, and overall physical brand of football was the difference late in the second half of each game.  This ought to be one fine football to attend.  I wish I could be there.  Go Bears!!!

East Poinsett

Hope it's a game to remember and I can assure you I have a lot of respect for the Bearden Bears . I was just smack talking cuz ... Epc has the best team that ever come out of Lepanto and where proud of what the kids have accomplished so far..Good Luck to both teams....Go Warriors make it to the next round.....

Scorpiux

Quote from: East Poinsett on November 24, 2011, 07:40:04 am
Hope it's a game to remember and I can assure you I have a lot of respect for the Bearden Bears . I was just smack talking cuz ... Epc has the best team that ever come out of Lepanto and where proud of what the kids have accomplished so far..Good Luck to both teams....Go Warriors make it to the next round.....

Hmm.... Sounds like someone has just drank a Mello Yello!

East Poinsett

Quote from: Scorpiux on November 24, 2011, 07:42:07 am
Quote from: East Poinsett on November 24, 2011, 07:40:04 am

Hmm.... Sounds like someone has just drank a Mello Yello!
LOL.

cuz

Quote from: Jesus Saves on November 24, 2011, 07:13:22 am
This matchup reminds me a lot of the 06 and 07 playoff matchups between Bearden and Earle.  In my opinion, Earle put more speed and overall talent on the field both years, but Bearden's strength, conditioning, and overall physical brand of football was the difference late in the second half of each game.  This ought to be one fine football to attend.  I wish I could be there.  Go Bears!!!
;D

bdubyab60

Quote from: cuz on November 24, 2011, 08:42:18 am
Quote from: Jesus Saves on November 24, 2011, 07:13:22 am
;D
This is gonna be a tough game for both EPC has all of these attibutes as well. Bearden fans keep bringing up the past all that is good for is the fearless friday rankings. Past is the past these are 2 different teams from the ones that played each other a few years back.

HoggyCat

The closest game EPC had was McCrory, 34-14 EPC. They HAMMERED Salem 49-7, Salem's TD was a fluke with short field. EPC could've scored more as well.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas