• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battle of the Bone: Alma vs Van Buren 2013

Started by Paw-Paw, July 05, 2013, 11:16:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DFR

You guys are talking about the bad call on the punt? Over on the other side of the field we are still looking for the block in the back that took away the KO return in the 4th. Quarter. If that didn't get called back, Alma would have been in trouble. True, no one can say for sure VB would have won, had that TD stood, but I am just not hearing anyone talking about that call. That WAS a game changer, for sure.

On a side note, how fast is VB's #13 anyway? That kid can fly. When he turned the corner and took off down the sideline he pulled away from defenders that had the angle on him. Looked like he was on a horse. He may be fun to watch this year. And I hear he's just a JR?

BillyJack™

Quote from: DFR on September 07, 2013, 10:07:31 am
You guys are talking about the bad call on the punt? Over on the other side of the field we are still looking for the block in the back that took away the KO return in the 4th. Quarter. If that didn't get called back, Alma would have been in trouble. True, no one can say for sure VB would have won, had that TD stood, but I am just not hearing anyone talking about that call. That WAS a game changer, for sure.

On a side note, how fast is VB's #13 anyway? That kid can fly. When he turned the corner and took off down the sideline he pulled away from defenders that had the angle on him. Looked like he was on a horse. He may be fun to watch this year. And I hear he's just a JR?
There were bad calls and pittally calls on both sides of the ball last night, that's for sure. I think all and all the kids played on a level playing field though and both teams showed a want to win. Airedales just took the edge and came out on top. The Pointers actually have several kids out there that are serious play makers. I hope they get in the mindset of not only "Can win", but "Will win". The potential is there.

DFR

Your right BillyJack. There was a lot of bad calls to go around, and I'll admit the halo call on the punt was sketchy at best. And we agree about VB having a lot of play makers, so we do have something at VB we have not had in the past few years...hope.

AB™

My problem with the kick catch interference call is that Alma was up two TD's at that time, right?  Or had VB already scored once to make it a one TD game?  But I think Alma was up two TDs and would've been starting a drive already well into VB territory.  They take the momentum of the recovered fumble and score with a short field, they go up by three TDs and the second half likely turns into a route. 

There were a few other calls that I thought were iffy at best in VB's favor, but I'm sure Alma got some as well.  I just thought that fair catch interference call was egregiously bad.

DFR

AB I'm not going to swear to this because my memory is starting to fade in my old age, but I believe Alma was up by one TD at the time of the fumble punt/halo infraction call that gave the ball back to VB. That resulted in VB taking it down to score and then missed the PAT which left it at 21-20 very late in the 3rd quarter.

AB™

Quote from: DFR on September 07, 2013, 03:45:22 pm
AB I'm not going to swear to this because my memory is starting to fade in my old age, but I believe Alma was up by one TD at the time of the fumble punt/halo infraction call that gave the ball back to VB. That resulted in VB taking it down to score and then missed the PAT which left it at 21-20 very late in the 3rd quarter.
Well, you're probably right, so you're memory is better than mine.  Sad that I can't clearly recall what the score was at the time since it just happened last night.  I was thinking we were up 2 TD's and that might've blown the game open if we had turned the short field into another TD.  It was a bad call either way, but I'm sure the penalty on the kick-off return late in the game looked equally bad in the eyes of VB fans.  I missed it.  Decided to walk down towards the exist and watch the rest of the game (or at least until I felt Alma had it in the bag) around the fence, and the TD and penalty happened when I was walking and the field was out of sight. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas