• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaching Openings 2018 (see 1st post for current)

Started by epotts, February 15, 2018, 09:12:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Missco

Manila might have just made 1 of the strangest hires ever considering who all applied.

SCHawg

Quote from: Missco on May 25, 2018, 09:10:47 am
Manila might have just made 1 of the strangest hires ever considering who all applied.
who

cotton hog

Quote from: neaguru on May 25, 2018, 06:13:13 am
Who is WE? I've talked to several people at Manila and nobody is really pleased with it. Didn't she cuss out a coach at mountain home and pull her girls off the floor without shaking the other teams hand? Why would she want to leave a 6A school for a 3A school? Doesn't make much sense to me unless she has some baggage.
Well the girls and parents met Coach Hart today and everyone but one family fell in love. One family of racists is the only opposition. One school board member is listening to this very small vocal minority.

cotton hog

Quote from: Missco on May 25, 2018, 09:10:47 am
Who would have applied? I am calling bs

Head Lion

Quote from: cotton hog on May 25, 2018, 09:46:53 pm
Well the girls and parents met Coach Hart today and everyone but one family fell in love. One family of racists is the only opposition. One school board member is listening to this very small vocal minority.
yea, she is fantastic. Hope we can get her as sr hi track as her 2nd sport. Improve our girls speed & conditioning & we can get those teachers back to the classroom.

Head Lion

May 25, 2018, 10:15:02 pm #355 Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:14:27 pm by Head Lion
Quote from: cotton hog on May 25, 2018, 09:46:53 pm
To my fellow board member if my accusations were untrue, I apologize. My mom worked with & for his family & they were always fantastic to her. Cotton Hog, your just a wanna be crap stirrer.

Sports1511

cotton hog

Quote from: Head Lion on May 25, 2018, 10:15:02 pm
To my fellow board member if my accusations were untrue, I apologize. My mom worked with & for his family & they were always fantastic to her. Cotton Hog, your just a wanna be crap stirrer.
Everyone in town knows who has stirred crap on the subject. Calling out reprehensible behavior isn't stirring crap.

Brian G

I think Russellville Boys are about ready to announce a hiring.

Head Lion

Cabot was supposed to make a decision tonight as well.

SCHawg

Quote from: cotton hog on May 28, 2018, 09:38:29 pm
Everyone in town knows who has stirred crap on the subject. Calling out reprehensible behavior isn't stirring crap.
do tell....  It's summer and we are bored

Brian G

I think Chris Meseke has the Cabot job.

Russellville sealed their hiring on Wed.  Info will come out on Thursday as they have a school board meeting that will signoff on the hiring.  It's a NWA guy whose name has not been leaked out yet

HorseFeathers

Without looking at OP
Girls
Bismark
Texarkana

Boys
Carlisle

NWA Hawg

HorseFeathers

brock

Quote from: B.G. on May 31, 2018, 01:14:35 am
I think Chris Meseke has the Cabot job.

Russellville sealed their hiring on Wed.  Info will come out on Thursday as they have a school board meeting that will signoff on the hiring.  It's a NWA guy whose name has not been leaked out yet

Did they hire?

Googlymoogly

June 01, 2018, 11:25:00 am #366 Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 02:13:02 pm by Googlymoogly
Add Midland girls to the list. They would be doing both senior and junior high girls and probably softball

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Googlymoogly on June 01, 2018, 11:25:00 am
Add Midland girls to the list. They would be doing both senior and junior highs and probably softball

Ouch...seems odd for a football playing school to expect one coach to handle 5 sports

Googlymoogly

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 01, 2018, 11:53:51 am
Ouch...seems odd for a football playing school to expect one coach to handle 5 sports
Sorry that should say senior and junior high girls plus softball. And their football staff consists of the head coach, one paid assistant, usually the boys'  basketball coach and an unpaid volunteer assistant

MUSTANGSALLY23

Our last girls coach did football basketball and softball. I have heard we have some really good applicants that will surprise some people. Wholllllle lotta talent on boys and girls side . Very exciting.

Brian G

Kyle Pennington is the new Head Boys Coach at Russellville  He was an asst at Har-Ber.

SCHawg

Quote from: MUSTANGSALLY23 on June 01, 2018, 03:43:51 pm
Our last girls coach did football basketball and softball. I have heard we have some really good applicants that will surprise some people. Wholllllle lotta talent on boys and girls side . Very exciting.
That is ridiculous and a joke

bobcats

Quote from: MUSTANGSALLY23 on June 01, 2018, 03:43:51 pm
You will never get an established successful coach to agree to do football unless you pay them an insane amount of money.  You can get fresh out of college coaches to do it until they get their next job.

Informant

How can a school be competitive in any sport with the head coach pulling multiple assignments? I'm aware that smaller schools may have coaches doing basketball and baseball or something similar.  But for a head coach to do Football, Basketball and softball is very hard on them.  Probably a reason we haven't heard of some schools being successful at any sport.  You'll never get an established, good coach to pull 3 duties.   

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Informant on June 04, 2018, 02:55:30 pm
How can a school be competitive in any sport with the head coach pulling multiple assignments? I'm aware that smaller schools may have coaches doing basketball and baseball or something similar.  But for a head coach to do Football, Basketball and softball is very hard on them.  Probably a reason we haven't heard of some schools being successful at any sport.  You'll never get an established, good coach to pull 3 duties.   

Not the 3 major sports anyway...

Dc4life

Drew Central boys coach is an assistant football coach. Played in the state finals this year?

SportsFan5

So, did Mammoth ever hire a coach?  What's going on there that had made this such a difficult position to fill? 

Informant

Quote from: Dc4life on June 05, 2018, 06:58:52 pm
Drew Central boys coach is an assistant football coach. Played in the state finals this year?

You said assistant.  Do the majority of his basketball players play football? Is he a coordinator or just out there for stipend?  What is his spring sport?  How long has he been at Drew Central?

Sorry for all the questions but you are trying to discredit what we said by a generalized statement about 1 school.

Besides, Great coaches have great players.

SCHawg

Quote from: Informant on June 06, 2018, 09:37:42 am
You said assistant.  Do the majority of his basketball players play football? Is he a coordinator or just out there for stipend?  What is his spring sport?  How long has he been at Drew Central?

Sorry for all the questions but you are trying to discredit what we said by a generalized statement about 1 school.

Besides, Great coaches have great players.
And some coaches actually develop players. 

PapaHog

But DC has been good in JR high for the last 3-4 years. They have some dudes.

Dc4life

He has been at dc for 6 or 7 years.
Every good coach has good players. From his jr high teams that were so good one went to Conway who just committed to Oral Roberts, one went to Monticello and one went to Warren. He also helped with softball this year. Most of his players play football as they do at most small schools.

Informant

Again, we are talking about 1 school. Also, players that left are irrelevant. 

"Helped with softball" is not what we are talking about.  How good were they? Most likely there for a stipend, too.

What is his postion on the football staff?  Is it of importance?  Or Assistant Safetys coach?

I'm not discrediting whomever this coach is.  Simply saying this is a rare occurance and even so, he isn't the HC of anything other than Basketball.  No matter what, the assistants of any sport will not carry the stress or pressure a HC does.

athletic supporter

Jim Elser is the new girls coach at Pine Bluff

4real

Quote from: athletic supporter on June 07, 2018, 07:05:23 am
Jim Elser is the new girls coach at Pine Bluff
wow. I hope he does well there.  Good coach and a good man. Was out of coaching for a long time in admin, then got back in the game. He just might be really good for getting some footing back under that program

SCHawg

Informant

Brian G

Brian G

Also heard Vilonia was starting to progress in their hiring.

lorettalynn

seen were Marshall hired a Smith from Greenbrier

Bergman1820

Basketballfan13

Quote from: lorettalynn on June 08, 2018, 12:40:13 pm
seen were Marshall hired a Smith from Greenbrier
They hired coach Smith from green forest

old.dole

Will malvern give their new assistant a shot?

LeftyWorld

Quote from: old.dole on June 09, 2018, 02:25:49 pm
Will malvern give their new assistant a shot?

Doubtful. They should have a lot of good choices with the talent they have coming back and coming up.

PapaHog

Malverns assistant applied for it at least. Other than facilities, what does Malvern have? They aren't super talented, are they?

Moneymike

Extremely Athletic before I'd say talented.. they do have some skill, but they aren't oozing with it! with the right guy in that position it could be a really good job. Athletes for days on the floor and on the bench. they will beat people with their athletiscm.. not X's and O's

SCHawg

Quote from: Moneymike on June 13, 2018, 06:54:18 am
Extremely Athletic before I'd say talented.. they do have some skill, but they aren't oozing with it! with the right guy in that position it could be a really good job. Athletes for days on the floor and on the bench. they will beat people with their athletiscm.. not X's and O's
X's and O's are highly overrated

Informant

Quote from: SCHawg on June 13, 2018, 09:22:29 am
X's and O's are highly overrated

I don't think highly overrated is fair.  I've seen several undermanned teams win against athletes because of X's and O's.  Athleticism will prevail more times than not, but to say they are "highly overrated" is naïve.  They are important, very important in some cases, to high school basketball.  But in the end, Plays dont work, Players work.

Moneymike

X's and O's are very important in some cases... I agree with you on that. And in high school basketball athletiscm will not always prevail.. if you can get kids to be disciplined while running an offense and know where they are supposed to be on defense at all times, and they're lesser athletes.. you can win more games than a team that's just athletic!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas