• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MARION GIRLS SOFTBALL PLAYERS SHOW YOU ARE THE BEST!

Started by marchmadness, May 19, 2006, 11:42:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

marchmadness

Thank you, Marion girls for doing something that our guys haven't quite done before and that's win a state championship!  I would like to congratulate all the players, whether you played one time on the playing field, or not.  Being just a player is very important to the entire team.  You are the ones that help our starters get better.  There would be no teams, in any sports without hard working non starters, who take alot of punishment physically, b/c you are usually younger and less experienced than the starters.  But, you didn't quit, and one day, you will be right out there, not in the dugout, but on the field.  You represented your school with class and most of all, yourself.  Marion is turning all their sports programs around, but it takes a great group of athletes, whether it be girls or boys, to show that they aren't choking under pressure, that a championship is possible with alot of hard work and perseverance.  I hope this kind of hard work and winning attitude will help our football team to advance even further in the future at the state level.  Once a school gets over the fear of losing or of winning, then it becomes contagious.  We have some good players with hard work ethic, but what the Thompkins girl showed was something different than all the above.  She played hurt, but knew when she was needed and couldn't sit out any more, she brought her game with her, no excuses like some of our boys have had in years past.  Our girls were just very tough mentally and physically, but to have a sophomore in pain with a indisputable injury and for her to bring her game up to another level in this situation, just shows all the other athletes that using an injury as an excuse not to play in a big time game will make them always look back and wonder... what if... what if I had played the last game?  Instead of fearing they wouldn't produce, many elect to say they can't play yet.  Girl, you have the guts and the skill and you have 2 more big seasons ahead of you.  Thanks to you, you provided the other athletes with a valuable lesson.  Don't be scared to take the last shot!  Congrads to all the players and to all the East teams who represented our side of the state and our conf. equally as well!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas