• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 6A Boys Championship: Siloam Springs 2 Russellville 0 !Discuss!

Started by sevenof400, May 01, 2016, 04:06:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

Let's use this thread to discuss any and all aspects of the 6A Boys State Playoffs. 

6A Tournament: host El Dorado

6A Finals (at Fayetteville):
Siloam Springs 2 vs Russellville 0

BOYS:
The games in the top half of the bracket will play at 12:00 noon Thursday, Friday and Saturday
            1C (First round bye) - Siloam Springs
3S vs 3E  --   El Dorado 2 vs Searcy 1

Siloam Springs 3 vs El Dorado 2

Siloam Springs 3 vs Benton 1

Benton 3 vs Jonesboro 1

2S (First round bye) - Benton
2E vs 5S   --  Jonesboro 2 vs Lake Hamilton 0

The games in the bottom half of the bracket will play at 4:00 pm Thursday, Friday and Saturday
            1E (First round bye) - Mountain Home
4S vs 3C  --   Texarkana 0 vs Greenwood 4

Mountain Home 0 vs Greenwood 1

Greenwood 0 vs Russellville 2

LR Hall 3 vs Russellville 4

1S (First round bye) - LR Hall
2C vs 6S   --  Russellville 2 vs LR Parkview 0

tatog19

No Searcy? are they doing bad or was there a mistake made... who will make noise this year for state..

MDXPHD

Quote from: tatog19 on May 04, 2016, 10:31:24 pm
No Searcy? are they doing bad or was there a mistake made... who will make noise this year for state..

Searcy boys just aren't very good this year. It's not a mistake. Siloam Springs/Russelville will be the teams to beat.

fourfourtwo

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 05, 2016, 07:19:10 am
Searcy boys just aren't very good this year. It's not a mistake. Siloam Springs/Russelville will be the teams to beat.

Leaving out LR Hall.  They should be considered in the discussion of best boys teams in 6A.  Although discussion doesn't matter, only the results on the field will matter come next week.

sevenof400

Quote from: fourfourtwo on May 05, 2016, 12:41:32 pm
Leaving out LR Hall.  They should be considered in the discussion of best boys teams in 6A.  Although discussion doesn't matter, only the results on the field will matter come next week.

The thing with LR Hall is have they really been tested?  I say that not having seen them play this year and if they make a nice run in the playoffs that will certainly be a good story but they seem to have come out of nowhere....

Hornet-Hawg

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 05, 2016, 02:32:33 pm
The thing with LR Hall is have they really been tested?  I say that not having seen them play this year and if they make a nice run in the playoffs that will certainly be a good story but they seem to have come out of nowhere....

The only thing I've heard about them is that they destroyed Benton a week after Benton beat Bryant.  Bryant has hung tough against good competition all year (despite being very young).  I know Benton-Bryant is a rivalry game and it is hard to compare scores but LR Hall 7 - Benton 0 definitely caught my attention!

tatog19

May 05, 2016, 08:48:33 pm #6 Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 10:00:30 pm by tatog19
I think LR Hall will talk on the field...

MDXPHD

May 05, 2016, 11:37:19 pm #7 Last Edit: May 05, 2016, 11:40:25 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: tatog19 on May 05, 2016, 08:48:33 pm
I think LR Hall will talk on the field...

Hall has had a good year, but they have played nobody. They struggled with ElDo this season, twice. I think they have a lot of talent, but I think a schedule of all weak opponents will end up hurting them in the tournament. Siloam Springs has had a pretty tough schedule thus far.

fourfourtwo

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 05, 2016, 11:37:19 pm
Hall has had a good year, but they have played nobody. They struggled with ElDo this season, twice. I think they have a lot of talent, but I think a schedule of all weak opponents will end up hurting them in the tournament. Siloam Springs has had a pretty tough schedule thus far.

The other thing I have noticed is when they play at their home field (insert color comment here) they tend to beat teams by a greater goal margin than away games.   Their field is definitely an advantage for them. They certainly have some talented players but they have only played teams in the 6A South conference.  Yes they have dominated the 6A South but how good is the 6A South?  It would be more telling if they had played some other teams outside the conference.   

Arbitro

Quote from: fourfourtwo on May 06, 2016, 12:33:37 pm
The other thing I have noticed is when they play at their home field (insert color comment here) they tend to beat teams by a greater goal margin than away games.   Their field is definitely an advantage for them. They certainly have some talented players but they have only played teams in the 6A South conference.  Yes they have dominated the 6A South but how good is the 6A South?  It would be more telling if they had played some other teams outside the conference.
I've seen all of the 6A South boys teams except Benton, and Hall has the best ball movement by a good margin.  Whether they can translate that into tournament wins remains to be seen.

The 6A South plays a double round robin, which for the boys eats up 14 of a maximum 16 regular season games.  Unless they play in tournaments (which I don't think Hall did) it doesn't leave much opportunity to play outside opponents.  I have no way of knowing, but Hall may not have realized how competitive they would be this season.

fourfourtwo

Quote from: Arbitro on May 06, 2016, 12:46:25 pm
I've seen all of the 6A South boys teams except Benton, and Hall has the best ball movement by a good margin.  Whether they can translate that into tournament wins remains to be seen.

The 6A South plays a double round robin, which for the boys eats up 14 of a maximum 16 regular season games.  Unless they play in tournaments (which I don't think Hall did) it doesn't leave much opportunity to play outside opponents.  I have no way of knowing, but Hall may not have realized how competitive they would be this season.

It actually gives them 3 other games to play including a benefit game and two tournaments they can attend. Why they don't schedule these I have no idea. You are correct they do move the ball well and have some very dangerous attacking players. It will be interesting to see how they match up against some of the better teams from the other conferences.

tatog19

May 07, 2016, 01:39:10 pm #11 Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 07:12:25 pm by tatog19
Which Teams will contend for this year state?

VHSCoach2

GenesisGuzman16

El Dorado 2 - Searcy 1

El Dorado was sluggish at first but picked up the intensity after they scored first. Excellent build up on both of El Dorado's goals. Searcy's goal was sloppy play by the Wildcat defense and Searcy took the opportunity. Junior Tyler Smith scored both of El Dorado's goals.

Arbitro

Quote from: GenesisGuzman16 on May 12, 2016, 01:56:21 pm
El Dorado 2 - Searcy 1

El Dorado was sluggish at first but picked up the intensity after they scored first. Excellent build up on both of El Dorado's goals. Searcy's goal was sloppy play by the Wildcat defense and Searcy took the opportunity. Junior Tyler Smith scored both of El Dorado's goals.
You might add though that Searcy kept the ball in El Dorado's end for much of the first half, and the first El Dorado goal was definitely scored against the run of play on an excellently timed run by #4.  El Dorado controlled much more of the play in the second half.  Searcy's goal was scored on scramble in front of the El Dorado goal, but I don't recall any serious gaffes by El Do to get it there.

GenesisGuzman16

Quote from: Arbitro on May 12, 2016, 05:10:10 pm
You might add though that Searcy kept the ball in El Dorado's end for much of the first half, and the first El Dorado goal was definitely scored against the run of play on an excellently timed run by #4.  El Dorado controlled much more of the play in the second half.  Searcy's goal was scored on scramble in front of the El Dorado goal, but I don't recall any serious gaffes by El Do to get it there.

Well you're not wrong. I do agree with your insight. And I just feel that the defense didn't/couldn't clear the ball, and a Searcy player just kinda kicked it through. Which reference were you Arbitro?

Arbitro

Quote from: GenesisGuzman16 on May 12, 2016, 06:05:59 pm
Well you're not wrong. I do agree with your insight. And I just feel that the defense didn't/couldn't clear the ball, and a Searcy player just kinda kicked it through. Which reference were you Arbitro?
The assistant referee on the end of the field for El Dorado's first goal and Searcy's only goal.

tatog19

Badger

May 12, 2016, 06:18:25 pm #18 Last Edit: May 12, 2016, 06:21:45 pm by Badger
Don't recall where I saw this, but it showed R'ville won big.  Confirmation?

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Badger on May 12, 2016, 06:18:25 pm
Don't recall where I saw this, but it showed R'ville won big.  Confirmation?

I know Russellville girls beat Parkview 10-0, but I have seen no score mentioned anywhere for the boys game.

VHSCoach2

Here it is:

Russellville 2, Parkview 0 - final

VHSCoach2

Badger

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 12, 2016, 06:25:14 pm
I know Russellville girls beat Parkview 10-0, but I have seen no score mentioned anywhere for the boys game.

Yes, it was the girl's result I saw, not sure how I ended up over there.

tatog19

By the Stats i see PV gave Russelville a hard time..

VHSCoach2

May 13, 2016, 12:59:51 pm #24 Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 01:39:47 pm by VHSCoach2
Benton 3, Jonesboro 1 - final

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

May 13, 2016, 06:29:30 pm #27 Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 06:32:16 pm by VHSCoach2
Russellville 4, Hall 3 - final

tatog19

VHSCoach2

Quote from: tatog19 on May 13, 2016, 07:17:25 pm
In Pks Russelville won in Pks

Thanks for that! My source didn't say PKs, so I'm glad that you informed us! What was the score after regulation and the two OTs?

tatog19

0-0 Good Game LR Hall Dominated most of the game

tatog19

Can Someone switch Keepers when he hasn't played a minuet of the game? In Pks

Sir Alex

Yes, kickers or keepers for kftm are not required to have played in the game for high school ball.  As long as they are on the roster and in uniform they can participate. However, you can not switch keepers once the pk's have started unless he/she is injured or red carded. This is different than USSF rules.

Arbitro

I'm guessing tatog19 brought the keeper question up because Russellville brought in a new keeper at the start of the kicks. The Hall coach checked with the referee crew to see if this was permitted, and was assured that it was correct by NFHS rules. The restriction of not changing the keeper after the kicks have begun is an Arkansas modification of NFHS rules, I am reasonably sure.

chaoslord

May 14, 2016, 01:51:24 pm #34 Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 01:58:43 pm by chaoslord
Siloam Springs 3
Benton 1
Final

E: Russellville AD has tweeted out they are in the final but I haven't seen a score

See a score of 2-0 at one point but unsure if that's how it finished

VHSCoach2

sevenof400

A trend from the recent past few years continues in that the teams that play in the combined 6A/7A conferences with the teams from the 7A West are at a considerable advantage come playoff time. 

Buck183

This final should be a great game.  Siloam has managed to prevail the two times these teams have met this year and seems to have the edge. I'm more than positive Russelville plans to defend their title from last year with every ounce of heart in their body. Siloam would love to bring this title back to their town once again. 

I anticipate a great match between these two teams.  Couldn't ask for a better championship scenario. 

Buck

tatog19

The best Playoff Game of the Tournamemt  i saw was R'VILLE Vs LR HALL.... SS will surely take it this year

Badger

Quote from: Buck183 on May 14, 2016, 09:07:25 pm
This final should be a great game.  Siloam has managed to prevail the two times these teams have met this year and seems to have the edge. I'm more than positive Russelville plans to defend their title from last year with every ounce of heart in their body. Siloam would love to bring this title back to their town once again. 

I anticipate a great match between these two teams.  Couldn't ask for a better championship scenario. 

Buck

Buck 183, thank you for a great post without the snarkiness.  More of this, please.

Buck183

Quote from: tatog19 on May 14, 2016, 09:46:18 pm
The best Playoff Game of the Tournamemt  i saw was R'VILLE Vs LR HALL.... SS will surely take it this year

Care to give us some details on said game?  Just a good overall battle, or anything particular?

Buck

tatog19

Back and Fourth Battle game went to 2 overtimes and game looked like the team who won from there would be the finalist but R'Ville Took it, Hall boys had Possesion of the ball most of the time..

VHSCoach2

Siloam Springs 2 (50', 77'), Russellville 0 - final

chaoslord

VHSCoach2

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas