• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2016 5A Girls Championship: Harrison 4 Pulaski Academy 2 !Discuss!

Started by sevenof400, April 17, 2016, 08:23:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MB Hog

Team Mom

Team Mom

May 13, 2016, 11:52:08 am #52 Last Edit: May 13, 2016, 11:57:15 am by Team Mom
LRCA vs batesville played mostly on batesville a side. At one point all 11 players from batesville were behind the 35 yard line. Lrca hit players after player trying to shoot.

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

Sir Alex

I overheard some parents talking about how the #1 seed from the east could meet the #2 from West two years in a row in the quarterfinals for 5a girls. Anyone have any insight to this?

Ponca

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 13, 2016, 05:48:45 pm
I overheard some parents talking about how the #1 seed from the east could meet the #2 from West two years in a row in the quarterfinals for 5a girls. Anyone have any insight to this?

that's impossible. They rotate East, South, West and Central every year.

Sir Alex

Valley view was #1 seed east last year and this year, Harrison was #2 West last year and this year, yet they played each other in the quarterfinals last year and this year. 

mijally

Quote from: Sir Alex on May 13, 2016, 09:23:58 pm
Valley view was #1 seed east last year and this year, Harrison was #2 West last year and this year, yet they played each other in the quarterfinals last year and this year.
I thought they played in the semifinals last year.

mijally

Never mind. You're right they did last year too. Interesting.

sevenof400

May 14, 2016, 10:24:08 am #60 Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 10:27:47 am by sevenof400
I do hope some of you looked back a page on two in this here soccer forum and found the 2014 and 2015 state playoff brackets...

Just saying'...

2015 5A Brackets: http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=141705.0
2014 5A Brackets: http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=135758.0

VHSCoach2

VHSCoach2

sevenof400

PA beating LRCA is not a huge surprise at all and neither is the fact that three West teams made the semi finals.  The 5A Girls have been consistent with this theme recently.  This could easily be the best of all the finals matchups because of the revenge factor at play here. 

MB Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 14, 2016, 06:18:59 pm
PA beating LRCA is not a huge surprise at all and neither is the fact that three West teams made the semi finals.  The 5A Girls have been consistent with this theme recently.  This could easily be the best of all the finals matchups because of the revenge factor at play here.
Just curious.  What is your opinion of the revenge factor?  Who does it favor?

sevenof400

Quote from: MB Hog on May 14, 2016, 07:00:32 pm
Just curious.  What is your opinion of the revenge factor?  Who does it favor?

Well, given that each team has eliminated the other in the playoffs over the previous two years, I think it is fair to say these two teams will be even a little more up for the championship game than they would have been ordinarily.  Applying the same theory I've been espousing elsewhere, Harrison would seem to be at the advantage here given they have played in the 5A West - which is far more competitive than the 5A Central. 

And, in total, Harrison has had the harder of the paths to the championship game as opposed to PA...but PA's defeat of LRCA is very impressive.  This game should be a dandy.

MB Hog

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 14, 2016, 07:47:53 pm
Well, given that each team has eliminated the other in the playoffs over the previous two years, I think it is fair to say these two teams will be even a little more up for the championship game than they would have been ordinarily.  Applying the same theory I've been espousing elsewhere, Harrison would seem to be at the advantage here given they have played in the 5A West - which is far more competitive than the 5A Central. 

And, in total, Harrison has had the harder of the paths to the championship game as opposed to PA...but PA's defeat of LRCA is very impressive.  This game should be a dandy.
Agreed that they both have a revenge factor.  I was making sure you weren't only taking last year into account. 

PA junior and senior girls have lost in the finals the past two years by 1 goal both games.  They were up 3-2 against Harrison two years ago with 8 minutes to go and gave up two late goals to miss out on the title, so I give the revenge advantage to them (us) since those Harrison girls, which includes some of their big-time seniors this year, have already tasted the title.

I also agree that the West conference schedule is an advantage in tough games, but PA has played some tough non-conference games with wins against CAC, Little Rock Central, and Valley View.  Also came a missed call away from tying Bryant late in the season.

I expect this to be a great game.  Certainly hoping PA (and my daughter) can get that elusive championship that has been so close for this group of girls.

On a related note, next year the Central and the West will be much more even.  West, as always, will be deeper... but the top two in the Central (PA, LRCA) will be evenly matched with the top two in the West (Harrison, Maumelle).  Should be interesting!

Go Postal

Harrison's record is 18-6-1 at the moment. Two of those.losses were to a 5A team (LRCA). I believe the other losses and tie were to larger Missouri and 7A Arkansas teams but I would like someone else to double check that. Should be a great game.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Go Postal on May 15, 2016, 08:56:46 am
Harrison's record is 18-6-1 at the moment. Two of those.losses were to a 5A team (LRCA). I believe the other losses and tie were to larger Missouri and 7A Arkansas teams but I would like someone else to double check that. Should be a great game.

19-6-1, Postal.  Harrison's last conference game against Morrilton isn't recorded on Maxpreps, but Harrison won it.

You are correct; Harrison's six losses were to LRCA (twice), Bentonville, Kickapoo (Missouri), Ozark (Missouri), and Rolla (Missouri).  Their lone draw was with Valley View early in the season.  Certainly a season to be proud of for the Harrison coaches, players, and fans.

TNT_15

Quote from: MB Hog on May 14, 2016, 08:17:06 pm
Agreed that they both have a revenge factor.  I was making sure you weren't only taking last year into account. 

PA junior and senior girls have lost in the finals the past two years by 1 goal both games.  They were up 3-2 against Harrison two years ago with 8 minutes to go and gave up two late goals to miss out on the title, so I give the revenge advantage to them (us) since those Harrison girls, which includes some of their big-time seniors this year, have already tasted the title.

I also agree that the West conference schedule is an advantage in tough games, but PA has played some tough non-conference games with wins against CAC, Little Rock Central, and Valley View.  Also came a missed call away from tying Bryant late in the season.

I expect this to be a great game.  Certainly hoping PA (and my daughter) can get that elusive championship that has been so close for this group of girls.

On a related note, next year the Central and the West will be much more even.  West, as always, will be deeper... but the top two in the Central (PA, LRCA) will be evenly matched with the top two in the West (Harrison, Maumelle).  Should be interesting!
Best of luck. We have lots of friends on the pa girls team. Will be cheering for yall. Good luck go get em Bruins. !

Go Postal

VHSCoach2

Harrison 4 (9', 27', 42', 69'), Pulaski Academy 2 (31', 58') - final

PA Dad

Congrats to Harrison.  Without a doubt, Harrison has one of the best programs in the state.

Go Postal

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 21, 2016, 10:01:18 am
Harrison 4 (9', 27', 42', 69'), Pulaski Academy 2 (31', 58') - final

Congratulations Lady Goblins! Your 5th Championship win has given Harrison eleven soccer Championships to tie with 7A Bentonville for 1st place in the entire State with the most overall boys/girls State Soccer Championships. A job well done!  I have updated the Harrison soccer records on the picture below...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas