• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

COACH WOOD

Started by TheReal_Deal24, November 26, 2008, 02:17:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheReal_Deal24

THERE IS NO TRUTH TO HIM GOING TO CONWAY! I JUST GOT OFF THE PHONE WITH A SOURCE VERY CLOSE TO COACH WOOD AND THIS IS JUST A RUMOR.

ARDA2

Like we said before, denial at this stage is would not be reliable.  I think you guys are going to have to ride this one out and see what ACTUALLY happens after your season is over.  From what I understand there is much more to this "rumor" than is being discussed.

TheReal_Deal24

I know i haven't been that creditable for information but i am going to guarantee that he is not going to Conway. I just have a lengthy conversation with someone who is very close to wood and has been friends with coach wood for a long time. He told me coach wood is not going anywhere and he will be addressing his team tomorrow to settle any doubts anyone has.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 02:31:19 pm
I know i haven't been that creditable for information but i am going to guarantee that he is not going to Conway. I just have a lengthy conversation with someone who is very close to wood and has been friends with coach wood for a long time. He told me coach wood is not going anywhere and he will be addressing his team tomorrow to settle any doubts anyone has.

Not to be a nay-sayer, but I think we have all seen this before.

1) "Rumor" starts with more than 1 origin.
2) Primary party denies, denies, denies
3) Team meeting/press conference held to calm the proverbial waters
4) "Rumor" verified at conclusion of season.

Reminds me of the Jerry Jones/Jimmy Johnson drama in Dallas a few years ago.

TheReal_Deal24

i know people are going to say its going to be like Nick Saben when he was with the dolphins and he said he's not interested in Alabama over and over again and then he went to Alabama.

All i know is right now coach wood said he's happy here he's trying to win a championship here this year and he will try to win another championship here next year.

stattracker

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 02:42:20 pm
i know people are going to say its going to be like Nick Saben when he was with the dolphins and he said he's not interested in Alabama over and over again and then he went to Alabama.

All i know is right now coach wood said he's happy here he's trying to win a championship here this year and he will try to win another championship here next year.

There's a lot more examples than that.

TheReal_Deal24

i know i just figured i'd name that one but i dont think i've ever heard of a coach who went to the state championship game the previous year and about to go again and the next year be loaded again leave a team to go to another which is terrible.

stattracker

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 03:20:46 pm
i know i just figured i'd name that one but i dont think i've ever heard of a coach who went to the state championship game the previous year and about to go again and the next year be loaded again leave a team to go to another which is terrible.

D. Patten was very close to doing great things here in Bryant when he bolted for Fayettville. There is no doubt that had he stayed here he probably would have made the title game. Turns out he did it quicker up there. Things happen.

TheReal_Deal24

not in conway they aren't any good

RED MO 1

Patton would of never made the title game at Bryant... How he got there at Fayetteville I will never know.

BB9

Someone had to replace Adams.

RED MO 1

I'm thinking about hiring Adams as my offensive coord.... I need something really high octane ;D

BB9

Hire CardsQB.
He probably remembers all three plays. 

If you need a field goal kicker, and a 3 point shooter for your basketball team. Let me know. I have the prime candidate. 

I hear he is not being used to well.

RED MO 1

I probably could get QB12 for less money... leaving more for myself. Plus I'm sure Farmington would be sad to lose Adams. I'll let you know about the kicker.

NWAfootball

Wood said the same thing before he left Shiloh. He told everybody he was happy at Shiloh and wasnt going anywhere. He was gone the next week. I hope the same thing doesnt happen at Har-Ber.

Baitshop

November 26, 2008, 04:45:32 pm #15 Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 05:11:48 pm by baitshop
Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 02:42:20 pm

I not saying that your statement isn't true.......HOWEVER.....what could he say TODAY if it was true??......if I were him, and it was true, I wouldn't be saying "Shucks, you boys caught me.....??

The potential ramifications on an already signed or agreed to contract between Wood and Conway will be significant and far reaching......

Tiger_Dad_14

479 he is GONE to Conway just live with it!!!!!

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: NWAfootball on November 26, 2008, 04:27:13 pm
Wood said the same thing before he left Shiloh. He told everybody he was happy at Shiloh and wasnt going anywhere. He was gone the next week. I hope the same thing doesnt happen at Har-Ber.

I had forgotten about that!

TheReal_Deal24

Madgun

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 03:33:23 pm
not in conway they aren't any good

Conway is loaded with talent.  They're all walking the halls.  Maybe due to a very bland offensive system.  Your boy's offensive genius might be able to get them to come back out and play. 

You will probably have to move to Conway and tell us next year how Wood has brought a nearly dead program back from the ashes in 2-3 short years.  They should seriously be in the title hunt each and every year. 

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 05:09:43 pm
no he's staying

479, I'm not saying he is leaving, but isn't it strange we are hearing the same story from so many places? Honestly, I ignored the whole thing until I heard it from more than one person from different parts of the state that have no connection. Personally, I discount denials when it gets this far down the road.

I know Tiger_dad_14, but haven't seen him since softball last spring. I know he has contacts in Springdale, and he posted something about it last night. Then ARDA and Bait, hoops22, etc. etc. etc.

A little too much coincidence for my taste.

Like I said, for the sake of the kids ar Har-Ber, I hope it isn't true. We all know how hard it is to get a team into the position Har-Ber is, and now this. Very poor timing.

Baitshop

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 26, 2008, 05:02:14 pm
Quote from: NWAfootball on November 26, 2008, 04:27:13 pm

I had forgotten about that!

So, let me get this straight, Chris Wood has been in this exact situation before.......and in the previous situation he has denied that he was leaving.......and then a week later he was gone......

Well, if that is the case then I guess that, considering his previous attempts at integrity, then whatever he says today it TOTALLY worthless.......

I guess that the kids, parents, and administration are at Chris Woods' whim and mercy.......

If he leaves next week, after denying the rumor this week, he will never be able to show his face in Springdale again.........

7AFBFAN

Guys, think about it for a minute, would someone with credibility be willing to tell 479 the true story on any issue????? 479 can't even type in a legible sentence 99% of the time and he is all of a sudden the spokesperson for Harber and their head coach. I don't think so.

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: 7AFBFAN on November 26, 2008, 05:27:13 pm
Guys, think about it for a minute, would someone with credibility be willing to tell 479 the true story on any issue????? 479 can't even type in a legible sentence 99% of the time and he is all of a sudden the spokesperson for Harber and their head coach. I don't think so.

Now wait a minute, for all his faults, there's no doubt 479 genuinely loves his Wildcats. I understand his concern here, and even an over willingness to accept justifications, rationalizations, and denials.

I just think you have to first, look at the source(s) of the "rumor", and then the denials and their source(s). Only time will tell for sure.

Look at the Har-Ber supporters on FF. They are all kids. Where is Ty on this one anyway?

Baitshop

Does anyone close to the Conway administration have any ideas in regards to how much money that they are willing to pay the next coach??

Someone here on the board mentioned "Barry Lunney" money....is that possible for Conway??

TheReal_Deal24

i got it from a source that talk to coach wood today

Baitshop

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 05:42:28 pm
i got it from a source that talk to coach wood today

479......do you think that this person would be someone that Coach Wood would be truthful with??..??

Baitshop

Is your source this Tim Pruitt guy??..??

And if so, if he has a kid currently on the team, do you think that he would tell him......especially if he were leaving??..??

Smithian

479, the all CAPS is really annoying and shows some desperation.

Simple fact, is regardless if goes or not, he did show interest in the job, and it is stupid as heck to do that in the playoffs.

spoof1530

If you listened to the Cabot game this past Friday on 103.7 the buzz, you heard the previous Coach at Conway, doing some color commentating during the game. It was fairly obvious listening to him that he was a big fan of the Har Ber Coach. They also spoke to each other after the game. Maybe they are close friends, or maybe there is something to this!

Baitshop

479......I don't know if this means anything, but I just had someone that I know up in NWA call me ,that used to live in Conway.....and he said that he sat 2 rows in front of the AD and Superintendent from Conway at the HarBer/NLR game.....

Conway was not in the playoffs......I know that the AD might have been there to see his son coach (NLR)......but why would the Superintendent come up and freeze his butt off to watch this game......

Hmmm........the story continues to unfold!!

TheReal_Deal24

Baitshop

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 07:21:00 pm
tim pruitt???

Doesn't a Pruitt guy work in the Springdale AD office??........I have heard his name somewhere here on FF on another thread before.........

I was looking at my game program from the HarBer game and saw that there was a kid named Pruitt on the team and was putting 2 and 2 together...... :-\ :-\

Did I totally mix this one up??..??

TheReal_Deal24

tim pruitt in on the booster club i don't think at ad office

TheReal_Deal24

Baitshop

Well....479......when you get my age your memory will slip too........don't laugh......I'm serious!!

As you youngsters say..........MY BAD!!........

TheReal_Deal24

its fine im not laughing i just dont want names coming up that dont have anything to do with this.

Baitshop

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 08:08:09 pm
its fine im not laughing i just dont want names coming up that dont have anything to do with this.

Well, I agree with you....this deal, if true, will effect too many players, coaches, administrators that are directly involved with the program.......innocent insurance guys shouln't have to suffer also.......

TheReal_Deal24

Earl is my Hero!!

Quote from: baitshop on November 26, 2008, 08:07:13 pm
Well....479......when you get my age your memory will slip too........don't laugh......I'm serious!!

They say it's the second thing to go ;D

Baitshop

Quote from: Earl is my Hero!! on November 26, 2008, 08:25:39 pm
Quote from: baitshop on November 26, 2008, 08:07:13 pm

They say it's the second thing to go ;D

Unfortunately......that is true....... :-[ :-[

TheReal_Deal24

well im not looking forward to that i don't have much to give lol

Baitshop

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 08:28:15 pm
well im not looking forward to that i don't have much to give lol

Well keep that to yourself until you get married.....after that you have her trapped!!

TheReal_Deal24

so ty just informed me if we get to the game early there is free food

Earl is my Hero!!

Free doughnuts at hot chocolate at Bentonville practice tomorrow morning, and a free tailgate party Friday at 4:30.

TheReal_Deal24

dang i might just have to go to that haha  what kind of food is being served at SS.

Baitshop

Quote from: 479BOYZ on November 26, 2008, 09:08:39 pm
so ty just informed me if we get to the game early there is free food

"Free" is a relative term........compared to what it costs you boys to eat in NWA it will SEEM as though it is free......

Although.....I had ordered a whole bunch of CHOP beef and BLOCK cheese in honor of DP in case they made it this far........

Madgun

Quote from: baitshop on November 26, 2008, 07:11:13 pm
479......I don't know if this means anything, but I just had someone that I know up in NWA call me ,that used to live in Conway.....and he said that he sat 2 rows in front of the AD and Superintendent from Conway at the HarBer/NLR game.....

Conway was not in the playoffs......I know that the AD might have been there to see his son coach (NLR)......but why would the Superintendent come up and freeze his butt off to watch this game......

Superintendent did move to Conway from Springdale fairly recently.  Possibly still has some family there.  You never know--could mean nothing or could mean everything. 

I do think that Wood's wife is from Central Arkansas and has some connection to Conway or somewhere close.  Someone has told me that McNabb's (Russ DC) wife is her cousin. 

If he has had problems with Sdale AD/Super, can get more money, & make a family move then maybe it's a legit possibility.   

Valleysports

;D ;D ;D
Quote from: Valleysports on November 17, 2008, 07:46:32 pm
Who's Chris Wood's?  Someone told me this guy has expressed interest in becoming a Wampus Cat!

athletic supporter

Quote from: Madgun on November 27, 2008, 07:43:53 am
Quote from: baitshop on November 26, 2008, 07:11:13 pm

Superintendent did move to Conway from Springdale fairly recently.  Possibly still has some family there.  You never know--could mean nothing or could mean everything. 

I do think that Wood's wife is from Central Arkansas and has some connection to Conway or somewhere close.  Someone has told me that McNabb's (Russ DC) wife is her cousin. 

If he has had problems with Sdale AD/Super, can get more money, & make a family move then maybe it's a legit possibility.  

Chris Wood is from central AR. He graduated from Atkins in 1989. His grandmother still lives here as well as an aunt and uncle who spoil him unmercifully.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas