• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mountain View Girls

Started by bodiddley, April 18, 2016, 09:46:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bodiddley

Will they fill this from within?  What is anyone hearing?

Moonshiner

Quote from: bodiddley on April 18, 2016, 09:46:16 am
Will they fill this from within?  What is anyone hearing?

In house. Or should be

bobcats

Quote from: Moonshiner on April 18, 2016, 11:35:46 am
In house. Or should be

I don't know what they have "in house" but with the team they have returning they should have high level coaches lined up for this job.  Baring injury there is not any reason this is not a state title contender next year.

bodiddley

Yes they could be pretty good, will they move up the JH coach?  He has been there awhile and is familiar with the team.

Moonshiner

Quote from: bodiddley on April 20, 2016, 06:48:22 am
Yes they could be pretty good, will they move up the JH coach?  He has been there awhile and is familiar with the team.

I've heard the Jr. Boys coach is very interested.

bodiddley

Have they begun interviews yet?

dropthemic

I heard that Massey (ICC), Hughes (Flippin), and Wright (Calico). All had an interview, anyone know if this is correct?

bodiddley

Who's gonna get this job?

rheddhoss

I would say give it to Coach Storey.

Moonshiner

Quote from: rheddhoss on May 03, 2016, 06:08:45 pm
I would say give it to Coach Storey.

He's the in house guy I was referring to.  Great Coach and has been loyal to the school for years.  Great guy. Very deserving.

Googlymoogly

Quote from: Moonshiner on May 04, 2016, 09:11:31 am
He's the in house guy I was referring to.  Great Coach and has been loyal to the school for years.  Great guy. Very deserving.
Is Rhiannon Storey his daughter?

Moonshiner

Googlymoogly

Mountain View school board meets Monday so they could be hiring a new girls coach that night. From the few things I have heard, Storey is the frontrunner. If they do move Storey to head senior girls coach they will then have to turn around and hire a junior boys coach very soon after

bdog32

Googlymoogly

nothing yet. The second I hear anything I will post

Googlymoogly

bdog32

Where is he from?  Previous coaching jobs? Accomplishments?

Oldref

Quote from: bdog32 on May 10, 2016, 07:48:43 am
Where is he from?  Previous coaching jobs? Accomplishments?

He is from Salem. Coached girls at Cedar Ridge last year.

Good guy.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Oldref on May 10, 2016, 08:08:27 am
He is from Salem. Coached girls at Cedar Ridge last year.

Good guy.

He is a very good guy and a quality coach.  I don't however see how, or why, they pass on the hometown boy who is equally qualified and has more years experience.  Another one of those moves by a school board that just makes me question what they were thinking.

dropthemic

May 11, 2016, 09:18:09 am #19 Last Edit: May 11, 2016, 09:22:30 am by dropthemic
Quote from: Moonshiner on May 10, 2016, 08:39:52 am
He is a very good guy and a quality coach.  I don't however see how, or why, they pass on the hometown boy who is equally qualified and has more years experience.  Another one of those moves by a school board that just makes me question what they were thinking.
From what I heard, if they would've went with the hometown guy, it wouldn't have been the best move. They had some very good coaches apply, with very good resumes. I think the board knew what they were doing. Not saying he's not a good coach, but some of the names I heard linked to the job were very good coaches.

Moonshiner

Quote from: dropthemic on May 11, 2016, 09:18:09 am
From what I heard, if they would've went with the hometown guy, it wouldn't have been the best move. They had some very good coaches apply, with very good resumes. I think the board knew what they were doing. Not saying he's not a good coach, but some of the names I heard linked to the job were very good coaches.

I guess what I'm saying is was the guy they hired a better Coach than the hometown guy.  My opinion is No. Then go with the local in house guy who has given his life to Mtn. View. Those other applicants are irrelevant .  They didn't get the job.
Personal past history should not interfere with the hiring. And it sounds like it did in this case.

Charlie Jenkins

They hired the right coach.  All are good guys, but they wanted some certain aspects in this hire and they hired to that model.

Williebe147

Quote from: Charlie Jenkins on May 14, 2016, 04:45:30 pm
They hired the right coach.  All are good guys, but they wanted some certain aspects in this hire and they hired to that model.
Coach Casey will do well here. Cedar Ridge girls always played hard and fought to the end.

Moonshiner

Quote from: Charlie Jenkins on May 14, 2016, 04:45:30 pm

What aspects were they looking for?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas