• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top Teams for Next Year

Started by BigMan15, March 13, 2016, 11:46:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BigMan15

BigMan15

Charleston
Osceola
Smackover
Harding
ECS
Paris
Manila
Valley
Greenland

Black and Gold

Barring upsets and a crazy bracket, Charleston and Osceola should be the finalists

Radiotalker

ECS #5......don't think so. Probably not top 10.

Eagle20

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 13, 2016, 12:29:39 pm
Charleston
Osceola
Smackover
Harding
ECS
Paris
Manila
Valley
Greenland
I am not sold on ECS even being in contention yet. The big man transfer I watched play quite a bit at LRCA and is a capable post but I am not sure about him being dominant at all.  Kids get better though and he may have improved greatly.  The freshmen to be guards are nice but they are still freshmen. 

Longfellow

I won't say top ten, but I think TR boys will be a trap team in the conference. Sorta like Atkins was this year. I'll be happy as long as we beat Danville

BigMan15

Longfellow whos in ur conference next year

Longfellow

Atkins, Jessieville, Lamar, Paris, Perryville. The 4A teams are Clinton, Dardanelle, Dover, Pottsville

BigMan15

Atkins Jesseville Paris and Pottsville could be tough tough

adaptedtigerfan

Don't ever count out EC$.....  Never know what 💵💵 can buy.  😜

The Dynasty

Is this correct for Charleston's District and Regionla tournament teams next year?

District:

Cedarville
Charleston
Elkins
Greenland
Haas Hall
Mansfield

Regionals (District Teams plus)

Atkins
Jessieville
Lamar
Paris
Perryville
Two Rivers

Longfellow

So basically Charleston gets to nap until regionals

BigMan15

Greenland will be decent next year!!

xadboy

Quote from: Longfellow on March 14, 2016, 10:34:23 am
Atkins, Jessieville, Lamar, Paris, Perryville. The 4A teams are Clinton, Dardanelle, Dover, Pottsville
It makes no geographical sense to have Jessieville in our conference. AAA needs to revamp the way they do things. Or just do away with AAA and start a new association.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: xadboy on March 14, 2016, 01:04:56 pm
It makes no geographical sense to have Jessieville in our conference. AAA needs to revamp the way they do things. Or just do away with AAA and start a new association.

Jessieville to Lamar: 1 hour and 34 minutes.
Jessieville to Atkins: 1 hour and 21 minutes.
Jessieville to Paris: 1 hour and 42 minutes.
Jessieville to perryville: 55 minutes.
Jessieville to Pottsville: 1 hour and 13 minutes.
Jessieville to Dover: 1 hour and 24 minutes.
Jessieville to Dardy: 1 hour and 4 minutes.

Fouke to McGehee: 3 hours and 33 minutes.
Genoa to McGehee: 3 hours and 17 minutes.

Yeah, Jessieville in your conference is not a problem. I'm not sure why you think it's not Geographically correct.

Marblehog

As long as the red head kid from charleston stays healthy they will be good.  If not they will be average

Paperman

Or just do away with AAA and start a new association.

Best idea to date! AAA is a useless organization in my opinion.

Paperman

Osceola
Charleston
Manila
Centerpoint
Marshall
Harding Academy
Valley Springs
Paris
Rivercrest
Greenland
These are the first ones which come to mind. Others could be, you never know though.

teachers pet

Jessieville will be there, only lost Daley, although a big loss but Lamb is only a freshman and is ahead of where Daley was as a soph and he's 6'3".

xadboy

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on March 14, 2016, 02:39:02 pm

Yeah, Jessieville in your conference is not a problem. I'm not sure why you think it's not Geographically correct.
After looking on a map Jessieville is not really close to anyone. But I think parents would rather go down to I30 than have a bus running that crooked road from Jessieville to Ola several times.

cdelaney

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on March 14, 2016, 10:57:51 am
Watch it!

Head Lion

Really early, but fairly certain, Manila will bid on the state tournament next year.

drybones

Quote from: Head Lion on March 14, 2016, 05:51:12 pm
Really early, but fairly certain, Manila will bid on the state tournament next year.
How many will the gym seat? If the crowds are as big next year as they were this year then that will not be good. It would be a shame to have to turn people away that drive for hours to watch their team play.

pioneers

Quote from: drybones on March 14, 2016, 06:18:54 pm
How many will the gym seat? If the crowds are as big next year as they were this year then that will not be good. It would be a shame to have to turn people away that drive for hours to watch their team play.
Name a gym in 3a that would hold all the people that came to to the tournament this year. The only way it might would work out is if a school bid on it to hold at a college.

neds

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on March 14, 2016, 10:57:51 am

I will bet you will have more transfers next year than ECS. Just like the past. You and Nark are a lot a like

Radiotalker

Quote from: pioneers on March 14, 2016, 06:48:43 pm
Name a gym in 3a that would hold all the people that came to to the tournament this year. The only way it might would work out is if a school bid on it to hold at a college.

Hoxie

DANvillian

Quote from: Longfellow on March 14, 2016, 09:14:31 am
I won't say top ten, but I think TR boys will be a trap team in the conference. Sorta like Atkins was this year. I'll be happy as long as we beat Danville
Your a freaking idiot! stay over there in your trash city with your trash school and your trash players and quit talking about Danville. What happened to your so called "greatest team in school history"? Oh thats right. you lost in the first round. Because your trash. Your whole community is trash. All your players. trash. Yates is a punk. Whitlow and Brimm cant play ball to save there lives. and those coaches? yall hired a guy from paris. He couldnt coach his way out of a wet paper bag. And those idiot fans? trash. Especially you. Your the worst announcer ive ever heard. You just need to quit. No one wants to hear your trash voice in that garbage gym. I was surprised to see your superintendent at the state game handing out trophies. I didnt think they let garbage on basketball courts. Do us all a big favor and shut your mouth and save us from more of your idiotic posts

pioneers

You won't make it long on FF with post like those.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: DANvillian on March 14, 2016, 08:25:50 pm
Your a freaking idiot! stay over there in your trash city with your trash school and your trash players and quit talking about Danville. What happened to your so called "greatest team in school history"? Oh thats right. you lost in the first round. Because your trash. Your whole community is trash. All your players. trash. Yates is a punk. Whitlow and Brimm cant play ball to save there lives. and those coaches? yall hired a guy from paris. He couldnt coach his way out of a wet paper bag. And those idiot fans? trash. Especially you. Your the worst announcer ive ever heard. You just need to quit. No one wants to hear your trash voice in that garbage gym. I was surprised to see your superintendent at the state game handing out trophies. I didnt think they let garbage on basketball courts. Do us all a big favor and shut your mouth and save us from more of your idiotic posts

Long fellow did you take a dump in this guys well?

HorseFeathers

Oh danvillian yyou just exhibited why your town is one of the most hated in the area....

...and if you would like to continue posting in the future you should really consider laying off the bashing of players....

And FWIW, your football coach is from, you guessed it, Paris....

Longfellow

Wow so that happened. I think I was framed HF.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Longfellow on March 14, 2016, 08:49:35 pm
Wow so that happened. I think I was framed HF.

I think you did it lolol

Ice Water

Don't forget about the team's changing classifications. There's usually always a contender or two that moves up from 2A of down from 4A. I don't know who that could be, but it has happened a lot in the past.

2007: Riverview (down, champs), Hughes (down, runners up), Shiloh (down, semis)
2009: Baptist (down, champs), Mtn. View (down, semis), Earle (up, semis)
2011: West Form (down, runners up)
2013: McGehee (down, semis), Osceola (down, quarters)
2015: Cedar Ridge (up, failed to make state but we just saw how the following year played out)

Longfellow

I haven't even been to Danville since January 5th. I swear I'm innocent

Black and Gold

DANvillian, YOUR lack of grammar shows why YOU'RE the idiot ;)

The Dynasty

Quote from: pioneers on March 14, 2016, 06:48:43 pm

Charleston's and they have a great shot at getting it next year.

pioneers

Quote from: The Dynasty on March 14, 2016, 10:01:06 pm
Charleston's and they have a great shot at getting it next year.
How many does it hold

Head Lion

Fairly certain Manila will bid on state next year, holds over 2000. Prolly will never get it, but will bid until they get tired of seeing us.

xadboy

Quote from: DANvillian on March 14, 2016, 08:25:50 pm
President of your fan club Longfellow?

adaptedtigerfan

Hahaha danvillian is gonna make it far in life...   I see a long career as a ...  Sanitation engineer aka garage man,  he seems to have quite a fetish with trash, and garbage.

DANvillian

^^^^^ You just hate us cuz you aint us #theville

Black and Gold

Lol DANvillain, I hope you stick around. People like you make these boards fun.

The Dynasty

Quote from: pioneers on March 14, 2016, 10:05:26 pm
How many does it hold

Around 2k I think. Never did fill completely up when we hosted a couple years back.

bobcats

Quote from: Longfellow on March 14, 2016, 10:34:23 am

Clinton is dropping down to 3A next year.

Proud Buckaroo

Fordyce needs to bid for state again next year. They have a very nice facility.

bobcats

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on March 14, 2016, 02:39:02 pm

Everyone needs to remember how the AAA has messed things up for next year.  Jessieville is traveling south for the season.  The above teams will be in their conference tournament.  Unless they schedule a non conference game with the they won't play till the tournament.

Ctucker

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bobcats on March 15, 2016, 09:10:05 am
Everyone needs to remember how the AAA has messed things up for next year.  Jessieville is traveling south for the season.  The above teams will be in their conference tournament.  Unless they schedule a non conference game with the they won't play till the tournament.

Everyone else ahould also remember their school administrators voted on and approved this....

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: HF on March 15, 2016, 09:13:01 am
Everyone else ahould also remember their school administrators voted on and approved this....

That part is what consistently gets left out... Why does no one understand that? AAA doesn't just do those things. Schools administration vote on these changes.

xadboy

Ok so we don't play anyone in our conference unless we schedule a game with them during regular season? So we play the teams on the other list? If so, this is a stupid thing. So you play possibly a team you haven't seen?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas