• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Charleston vs. Osceola Semi-Finals

Started by Black and Gold, March 05, 2016, 01:26:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ISU7

Quote from: neds on March 05, 2016, 08:38:12 pm
ISU7 and Head Lion are kin
Ssshhh.!!!!!! Nobody suppose to know this.😄😎

The Dynasty

March 06, 2016, 10:30:57 am #51 Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 10:35:50 am by The Dynasty
Coach Gathen crying it up in the ADG this morning!!!! Someone needs to get that whine bag a Snickers. What a joke.

Even a bigger bawl bag in The Sun. Great job Coach.....

Batman44

Quote from: The Dynasty on March 06, 2016, 10:30:57 am
Coach Gathen crying it up in the ADG this morning!!!! Someone needs to get that whine bag a Snickers. What a joke.

I agree. Coach, you lost. Just congratulate the other team, and close your pie hole!

Radiotalker

Kinda like the charleston coach a couple of years ago crying about Ward fouling. How fast we forget.

The Dynasty

March 06, 2016, 12:24:50 pm #54 Last Edit: March 06, 2016, 07:55:23 pm by The Dynasty
Quote from: Radiotalker on March 06, 2016, 12:12:20 pm
Kinda like the charleston coach a couple of years ago crying about Ward fouling. How fast we forget.

Read the quotes in the paper bro. Not even comparable. Nice try though.

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on March 06, 2016, 03:13:55 am
Ssshhh.!!!!!! Nobody suppose to know this.😄😎
He is on the bad side of the family, a Reds fan. Cmon now, Go Cubs Go!

AlumniLights

Quote from: Batman44 on March 06, 2016, 11:18:21 am
I agree. Coach, you lost. Just congratulate the other team, and close your pie hole!

Had to go read for myself...let it go bro!

xadboy

Paperman

I think Gathen has every right to complain about the officiating! It was very sorry both ways. I agree fouls should not have been 23-13. Charleston got away with murder many times and it isn't like the Charleston coach shouldn't have been teed up in the first quarter. The Tigers won the game, the Seminoles lost, sure. But to say a coach doesn't have a right to complain and do so publicly is wrong.
I have my own opinions about Charleston (you should have heard some of the language and racists stuff I heard after the game). They will get theirs when Cedar Ridge rips them a new one in the state title game. ;D
In my opinion I can't wait for next year. Osceola brings back nearly every important player, Charleston has a lot of seniors. I hope they meet again and the Seminoles run them off the floor and take their own cry bay coach with them. End of rant. Have a nice day.

AlumniLights

BigMan15

Quote from: Paperman on March 07, 2016, 01:13:12 pm
I think Gathen has every right to complain about the officiating! It was very sorry both ways. I agree fouls should not have been 23-13. Charleston got away with murder many times and it isn't like the Charleston coach shouldn't have been teed up in the first quarter. The Tigers won the game, the Seminoles lost, sure. But to say a coach doesn't have a right to complain and do so publicly is wrong.
I have my own opinions about Charleston (you should have heard some of the language and racists stuff I heard after the game). They will get theirs when Cedar Ridge rips them a new one in the state title game. ;D
In my opinion I can't wait for next year. Osceola brings back nearly every important player, Charleston has a lot of seniors. I hope they meet again and the Seminoles run them off the floor and take their own cry bay coach with them. End of rant. Have a nice day.
Charleston loses their Ward and Gerlick which are great players but they are our 3rd leading scorer and our 7th leading scorer...Charleston will be even better next year.

RTF

Quote from: BigMan15 on March 07, 2016, 01:41:54 pm
Charleston loses their Ward and Gerlick which are great players but they are our 3rd leading scorer and our 7th leading scorer...Charleston will be even better next year.

scoring is not everything...

RTF

Winning is everything man... as long as Ross is competitive he can yell anything he wants, doesn't matter what kind of example it puts forth.

Black and Gold

Charleston has 3 seniors to be exact. Only two play.

Paperman

Quote from: RTF on March 07, 2016, 01:49:09 pm
Winning is everything man... as long as Ross is competitive he can yell anything he wants, doesn't matter what kind of example it puts forth.
Quote from: Black and Gold on March 07, 2016, 02:01:03 pm
Charleston has 3 seniors to be exact. Only two play.
Thanks for the clarification Black and Gold! No problem with the coaches antics or even the players but the things I heard out of the mouths of some of the Charleston fan base was very disturbing. The N word was tossed around. A few people were down right rude. I think it is a sad commentary about sports.
I got more than a little upset at the things people said. ???

The Dynasty

You haven't a clue and you calling Charleston racists proves it. Your coach is a well known bully in your area and we were warned about it before the game. You play 12 guys full court man to man. Anyone that knows anything about basketball knows a team that plays like that will pick up more fouls than a team that plays half court man-to-man. Get on out to the baseball field Paperman.

FYIY Charleston only loses 2 kids this year so running us off the floor might be more than you can handle.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Paperman on March 07, 2016, 02:35:21 pm
Thanks for the clarification Black and Gold! No problem with the coaches antics or even the players but the things I heard out of the mouths of some of the Charleston fan base was very disturbing. The N word was tossed around. A few people were down right rude. I think it is a sad commentary about sports.
I got more than a little upset at the things people said. ???

The N word was tossed around on the Osceola sideline a couple years ago when you came to town in football. It's disturbing for anybody black or white to use that word. Just wanted you to be aware that IF it was said it's not representative of our community much like I assumed it wasn't of yours.

Longfellow

Osceola has no right to call anyone racist. Some of the comments I heard from some of Osceola's fans when we played were way over the line. One of the nicer ones being, "they start four white kids and a Mexican, these boys sorry" that's ridiculous.  To say that about a group of high school kids. Why bring race into it at all? It's high school basketball. As for the coach talking about un-Christian refs, why should someone's faith or belief system be brought into how they ref a game? Ref could be a Shaolin Monk and it shouldn't matter. Play the game. Enjoy watching the game. Don't degrade kids (or anyone) for the color of their skin and don't degrade people on their beliefs.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Longfellow on March 07, 2016, 03:23:23 pm
Osceola has no right to call anyone racist. Some of the comments I heard from some of Osceola's fans when we played were way over the line. One of the nicer ones being, "they start four white kids and a Mexican, these boys sorry" that's ridiculous.  To say that about a group of high school kids. Why bring race into it at all? It's high school basketball. As for the coach talking about un-Christian refs, why should someone's faith or belief system be brought into how they ref a game? Ref could be a Shaolin Monk and it shouldn't matter. Play the game. Enjoy watching the game. Don't degrade kids (or anyone) for the color of their skin and don't degrade people on their beliefs.

Very good!!!!!

Radiotalker

Quote from: The Dynasty on March 07, 2016, 02:59:27 pm
You haven't a clue and you calling Charleston racists proves it. Your coach is a well known bully in your area and we were warned about it before the game. You play 12 guys full court man to man. Anyone that knows anything about basketball knows a team that plays like that will pick up more fouls than a team that plays half court man-to-man. Get on out to the baseball field Paperman.

FYIY Charleston only loses 2 kids this year so running us off the floor might be more than you can handle.

I think you got some bad information about Frankie being a bully.

Proud Buckaroo

I'm not sure where you heard about Frankie being a bully. He was at Bearden for a few years and I've not once heard anything about him being any where remotely close to a bully.

Radiotalker

Quote from: Longfellow on March 07, 2016, 03:23:23 pm

This coming from someone who was asked to leave by the police from running his mouth...........classic

BoxNOne

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on March 07, 2016, 03:34:56 pm
I'm not sure where you heard about Frankie being a bully. He was at Bearden for a few years and I've not once heard anything about him being any where remotely close to a bully.

I live in NEA and have seen him coach. Never heard him called a bully and he doesn't seem to be one to me.

The Dynasty

Yeah, yeah, yeah..... After reading his comments questioning men's Christianity and turning them into the AAA I haven't a clue why anyone would think this guy was a bully....

Longfellow

Yea I get fired up and I've been known to have a bad temper. That's something I've always struggled with. But I don't bring up race. For me to assume that a person is good or bad based on race is to go against everything my dad ever taught me about being a good man. And for me to be racist towards high school students is just ridiculous. I'm only 19, but I'm supposed to be an adult. These people were at least in their 40's. How am I supposed to feel about a 40 year old man making racist comments about a very good friend of mine? Am I supposed to be happy? If I had said anything close to what they said about an Osceola player, I would be publicly demonized and labeled a racist

Batman44

Don't know if he's a bully or not, but he sure likes to play the card.

Radiotalker

look guys, I think it's time to let it go and move on.

Frankie is not a bully and he will probably have to deal with the AAA on his remarks in the paper. I'm pretty sure you can't make comments like he did warranted or not.

Charleston was the better team on Saturday.  Good luck to them.

The Dynasty

Quote from: Radiotalker on March 07, 2016, 04:08:49 pm
look guys, I think it's time to let it go and move on.

Frankie is not a bully and he will probably have to deal with the AAA on his remarks in the paper. I'm pretty sure you can't make comments like he did warranted or not.

Charleston was the better team on Saturday.  Good luck to them.

Very well sad.

ChucktownTiger

Just getting on here and saw this. You saying we have a lot of seniors lets me know just how much you actually know. I'm going to assume the rest of your post is just as false.

Missco

Coach Gathen is very well respected and is a classy guy. I am not an Osceola fan and wasn't at the game. However, if Frakie was that upset to say the things he did, then I promise he wasn't totally in the wrong. He is one of the better coaches around and a winner.

bootlegger

March 07, 2016, 07:25:14 pm #80 Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 12:35:33 am by bootlegger

I hope the Charleston coach doesnt do the same thing if Cedar ridge beats them saturday.ever who wins just congratulate the other team and that includes the fans of either team.

Black and Gold

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas