• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Centerpoint Vs. Cedar Ridge

Started by CHSKnightsFan, March 05, 2016, 01:00:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

CHSKnightsFan

Should be another great crowd for Centerpoint. Will it keep them in the game?

xadboy

Just make sure your players don't look at Reaves or they will get a foul called against them.

HeadBussa08

ZoneBuster

I will preface this by saying that I haven't been able to watch a second of the tournament, and only games this year I have seen have been online

But, Xad if you look at the new rules, it basically seems like that if you look at someone wrong it's a foul. It's crazy how ticky tack refs could call games.

Now, most refs are inconsistent with it and that's frustrating for sure. But if a team can't guard a player athletically, they may get a lot of cheap hand check type fouls. Fouls that look harmless but by rule are a foul.

MDXPHD

Quote from: xadboy on March 05, 2016, 02:46:23 am
Just make sure your players don't look at Reaves or they will get a foul called against them.

They might just want to look at him. Nobody can stop him so just save your energy for offense. Xa has cried more than anyone else on this board and his team lost by 20 or so.

urban legend2

You may slow him down but I don't think anyone in 3A is going to keep him from scoring. A team's best bet is to probably keep the ball out of his hands so much on every other possession. When he makes an initial pass, try to keep him from getting back consistently. But even that's hard to do because he gets it on the inbounds or on a rebound and keeps it 90 percent of the time. The kid is a scorer with handles and a go-getter mentality... that along makes him l hard to guard, even if he's doubled.

ReddieKnightTrojan

Cedar Ridge's only loses were to Tuckerman, HarBer, and Valley View. I wonder how the neutralized Reaves?

Rocky

My bet is that they just out scored him. He's good but it's still a 5 on 5 game.

Longfellow

I'm pretty sure Cedar Ridge ended the game playing 2 on 5

xadboy

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 05, 2016, 06:54:41 am
They might just want to look at him. Nobody can stop him so just save your energy for offense. Xa has cried more than anyone else on this board and his team lost by 20 or so.
PHD, just because you don't like my opinion it doesn't mean I'm crying. So quit crying about my opinion.

xadboy

Quote from: ZoneBuster on March 05, 2016, 06:48:42 am
I will preface this by saying that I haven't been able to watch a second of the tournament, and only games this year I have seen have been online

But, Xad if you look at the new rules, it basically seems like that if you look at someone wrong it's a foul. It's crazy how ticky tack refs could call games.

Now, most refs are inconsistent with it and that's frustrating for sure. But if a team can't guard a player athletically, they may get a lot of cheap hand check type fouls. Fouls that look harmless but by rule are a foul.
Understand what you are saying, but if your going to call it tight on one end, then it should be called that way on the other end. As you say by rule a foul is a foul. CR only had 1 foul called against them in the second half.

xadboy

Come on Centerpoint get the job done and send CR packing.

neds

Ctucker

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: xadboy on March 05, 2016, 05:59:55 pm
Come on Centerpoint get the job done and send CR packing.

No one in 3A is going to stop reeves.... Crabtree and reeves are the team. You isolate one. The other will have a big night. Reeves had 48 of the 67 points. Crabtree probably has 12 of that 67. The rest of the team... They had 7.

xadboy

Quote from: Ctucker on March 05, 2016, 06:27:33 pm
Wow crying on both threads!
Ctucker, you and teachers pet don't like my opinion, get over it. Wait, what's that noise? Oh it's your mom telling y'all to grow up and get out of the basement.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: xadboy on March 05, 2016, 07:13:49 pm
Ctucker, you and teachers pet don't like my opinion, get over it. Wait, what's that noise? Oh it's your mom telling y'all to grow up and get out of the basement.

Teachers pet is an older guy; retired. So... He's most likely the same age as you. Start acting like it and let the game go. It's over with. You lost. Lose with class, xadboy. Seriously. Just. Let. It. Go.

Ctucker

It's ok that y'all are not as good as CR there's a lot of teams that can't beat them!

MDXPHD

Quote from: xadboy on March 05, 2016, 07:13:49 pm

Hey, you can't change anything. Your team lost by 20+. You need to learn to lose like a man.

xadboy

Quote from: MDXPHD on March 05, 2016, 07:16:23 pm
Hey, you can't change anything. Your team lost by 20+. You need to learn to lose like a man.
Change? Not trying to change anything. Just love how my opinion has gotten to you, teachers pet and ctucker. Every time I say anything y'all come back with insults. Just stay on the subject and worry about Centerpoint.

Black and Gold

Per the AR3astate twitter. Centerpoint is up 19-17 mid 2Q. Can anyone tell us what Centerpoint is doing to slow down CR?

Black and Gold

Also, is this on the radio anywhere?

Ctucker

Last I heard 24-20 cedar heard Austin was took to locker room bleeding from head area.

Black and Gold

Hope he can return. These games should have no excuse as to who won/lost and why.

Ctucker

28-20 cedar. Haven't heard back on Austin.

Ctucker

32-20 cedar at the half he came back in and scored 14 in second quater Crabtree did most of scoring in first.

Knight pride

Cedar ridge 30 and Centerpoint 20 half
They won't call a foul on reaves and he is fouling the crap out of us!! These are the worst refs ever

maytag

Reeves is fine.     As long as the stripes keep goin his way he will be great

maytag

He has had a fist full of brunts jersey the entire game

Knight pride

I know it terrible calling both ways it dumb why can't they just ref a clean game

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Knight pride on March 05, 2016, 08:09:18 pm
Cedar ridge 30 and Centerpoint 20 half
They won't call a foul on reaves and he is fouling the crap out of us!! These are the worst refs ever

They pushed the lead out to 10 with him in the locker room though?

HawgBall06

Quote from: HF on March 05, 2016, 08:12:02 pm
They pushed the lead out to 10 with him in the locker room though?

I believe Reeves was back to key the rally. 

Ctucker

No I don't think so guy who was reporting to me didn't get back with me very quick

maytag

He doesn't have the frame to get away with this stuff in college ball but he is good.   Great at clearing space with his left arm. 

Ctucker

I was slow posting that he was back tape over eye.

neds

Now playing with one eye
This guy is Superman!

NewRecruit

Never have I seen refs protect a player Ile they do Reeves. All week long

Ctucker

March 05, 2016, 08:19:29 pm #37 Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 08:24:34 pm by Ctucker
How did reaves get his eye cut?

Knight pride

Gosh they are letting him get away with everything

ISU7

Quote from: maytag on March 05, 2016, 08:14:02 pm
He doesn't have the frame to get away with this stuff in college ball but he is good.   Great at clearing space with his left arm.
He will grow, right now he just need too play high school ball and that's what hes doing, college will be next. ;D

xadboy

Quote from: maytag on March 05, 2016, 08:14:02 pm
Uh oh! You may have just stirred up a hornet's nest.

Ctucker

pioneers

Cedar up 44-23 but it's the refs fault center is getting beat by 21

MDXPHD

Haha these guys are pitiful on here! The refs call fouls because everyone fouls him. They can't stop him. You win like a man, lose like a man. Stop crying about everything.

Proud Buckaroo

When one kid beats an entire team..Its the refs fault. Lol.

ISU7

And I thought the refs excuse was bad here in NEA nope they got us beat...lol ;D 8)

Idoknow

You guy's keep on hating, he's only going to get bigger and stronger when he gets to 'College'!

ISU7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on March 05, 2016, 08:37:57 pm
When one kid beats an entire team..Its the refs fault. Lol.
Sounds familiar PB, RiverCrest football..lol ;D 8) Not saying you said anything.

Proud Buckaroo

He is drawing the fouls. He is good at driving the lane to get a foul against him. That's why you guys are getting so many fouls. He isn't being protected. He is smart ball player.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: ISU7 on March 05, 2016, 08:40:30 pm
Sounds familiar PB, RiverCrest football..lol ;D 8) Not saying you said anything.

That was a Terrible officiated game all around. Period. Not just our side. Both sides.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas