• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Someone on here from AAA or the AOA. Have a few Questions????

Started by WarriorFan, March 04, 2016, 09:17:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ctucker

Yes game is over all the crying in the world won't change a thing!

xadboy

Quote from: Ctucker on March 05, 2016, 01:58:57 pm
Yes game is over all the crying in the world won't change a thing!
Haven't heard any crying. You must have heard your coach and players crying to the refs at halftime.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WarriorFan on March 05, 2016, 01:44:17 pm
I dont think there would be home cooking if we graded officials. grading of officials would be only used for tournaments. I know for a fact that if you go to some to schools for big games they will have their " crew" there for that game. I think everyone just wants the officials to have some accountability. At this moment, who do they answer to?

1.  Coaches grade the officials during the regular season.
2.  That grading scale will be used to determine if they get to work tournaments. District, Regionals, State
3.  If a official gets bad marks for a certain period of time, say two years in a row. They must take a officials course ran    and paid for by the AAA.
4.  If they dont improve the following season then they must work only jr high or 7th grade.

Anyone else have a better idea??

Sounds good...but they claim a shortage of officials as it is now. Soooo....what you gonna do when all thebcoaches claim the refs cheated them every game?

Ctucker

Not from cedar! My school is a 2a school! We lost to cedar by 9! But I try to go watch cedar when possible!

Ctucker

sevenof400

Quote from: lorettalynn on March 05, 2016, 08:51:20 am
i ave been going to ball games for over 40 years and refs has gotten worse over the years

And what are your credentials for making such a judgement? 

yamatrp

Match ups are important in basketball and Lamar matched up well everywhere accept on Austin. Early in the game Austin broke number 3's ankles so he stuck he's back leg out and tripped Austin. Refs know when players are beat and when kids make poor fouls. CR didn't match up with Kern at all but he has more of a football mentality. He tried to make play when Austin dunked in he's face and he gave a foul away. Also the cheap foul with a few seconds left before half showed he's basketball IQ. Key players have to play smart for their team to move forward in state. Lamar's coach should have pulled him right before half to stop the third foul. After half it was obvious that CR was going after Kern and a good coach would.
Foul him out of the game. The other big kid for Lamar just made poor fouls. I'm not even going to talk about the Lamar kid punching Austin bad sport period. Lamar has a good team but CR kids only play BB and understand how to get players out of the game. I'm glad i finally got to watch CR play. From the outside looking in CR Basketball IQ is well above average and they know how to bait teams into their game plan and Lamar fell into the trap. I may be wrong but Austin didn't have one turnover. Lamar had one of the more athletic teams in this tourney but there is also something to say for coaching and basketball IQ.

xadboy

Quote from: yamatrp on March 05, 2016, 04:31:04 pm
Match ups are important in basketball and Lamar matched up well everywhere accept on Austin. Early in the game Austin broke number 3's ankles so he stuck he's back leg out and tripped Austin. Refs know when players are beat and when kids make poor fouls. CR didn't match up with Kern at all but he has more of a football mentality. He tried to make play when Austin dunked in he's face and he gave a foul away. Also the cheap foul with a few seconds left before half showed he's basketball IQ. Key players have to play smart for their team to move forward in state. Lamar's coach should have pulled him right before half to stop the third foul. After half it was obvious that CR was going after Kern and a good coach would.
Foul him out of the game. The other big kid for Lamar just made poor fouls. I'm not even going to talk about the Lamar kid punching Austin bad sport period. Lamar has a good team but CR kids only play BB and understand how to get players out of the game. I'm glad i finally got to watch CR play. From the outside looking in CR Basketball IQ is well above average and they know how to bait teams into their game plan and Lamar fell into the trap. I may be wrong but Austin didn't have one turnover. Lamar had one of the more athletic teams in this tourney but there is also something to say for coaching and basketball IQ.
As far as the Lamar player punching Reaves, he was trying to get the ball out of frustration on how the game was going. Spoke with said player and he admitted he was trying to punch the ball but he didn't punch Reaves. Had the officials ben doing what they are being paid for this situation wouldn't have happened.

Longfellow

I just saw a video of Reaves' dunk over Kern. I would've fouled him too. That was rough to watch

sevenof400

And just when did officials become responsible for the actions of the players?

xadboy

Quote from: TheOfficial on March 05, 2016, 11:57:27 am
Number of fouls being uneven is not because you are getting cheated.  It's usually a matchup and style of play problem.  Sounds like your team didn't adjust.  There are no officials at this level out to get anyone.
The Official I've already proved that you don't what you are talking about before. Take some advice and be quiet. The more you talk makes you look like a bigger idiot each time. Leave the talking to the people who know the rules and what we are talking about.

xadboy

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 05, 2016, 04:51:09 pm
And just when did officials become responsible for the actions of the players?
Every time they put on the black and white striped shirt and whistle. It's their job to control the game in an impartial fashion. When you have games like second half of the Lamar game, players become frustrated.

theflash10

Quote from: xadboy on March 05, 2016, 05:00:17 pm
Every time they put on the black and white striped shirt and whistle. It's their job to control the game in an impartial fashion. When you have games like second half of the Lamar game, players become frustrated.
You realize if a bench clearing brawl breaks out the officials are to pay attention to the players leaving and report to the table and coaches are responsible for breaking up a fight. Not how it often happens but officials are not responsible for the players' actions.

xadboy

Quote from: theflash10 on March 05, 2016, 05:14:04 pm
You realize if a bench clearing brawl breaks out the officials are to pay attention to the players leaving and report to the table and coaches are responsible for breaking up a fight. Not how it often happens but officials are not responsible for the players' actions.
Didn't see a bench clearing brawl. This was a total different situation. Can't compare apples and oranges.

theflash10

Quote from: xadboy on March 05, 2016, 05:22:09 pm
Didn't see a bench clearing brawl. This was a total different situation. Can't compare apples and oranges.
It's still a player's reaction situation, could've even been influenced by officiating, but the official isn't responsible for the reaction.

ZoneBuster

Sounds like a bunch of little kids on a play ground. "He made me punch him!"

xadboy

Quote from: theflash10 on March 05, 2016, 05:26:51 pm
It's still a player's reaction situation, could've even been influenced by officiating, but the official isn't responsible for the reaction.
They are responsible for how game goes. Calling only 1 foul it definitely affected the game and players attitude. Not saying Lamar would or could have won the game, but they were not giving a chance. You will never convince me that CR had only one foul in second half.

theflash10

Quote from: xadboy on March 05, 2016, 05:58:10 pm
They are responsible for how game goes. Calling only 1 foul it definitely affected the game and players attitude. Not saying Lamar would or could have won the game, but they were not giving a chance. You will never convince me that CR had only one foul in second half.
I didn't visibly see the game so I'm not trying to convince you of that. Just that players and coaches are responsible for themselves just like an official is responsible for how they handle their own self.

xadboy

Quote from: theflash10 on March 05, 2016, 06:01:13 pm
I didn't visibly see the game so I'm not trying to convince you of that. Just that players and coaches are responsible for themselves just like an official is responsible for how they handle their own self.
I agree with what your saying, but sometimes there is extenuating circumstances. I totally understand how a player can get frustrated with how it was going. When that happens you get players doing something out of character for that player. That situation relates directly to how the game is called.

Ctucker

Ole Man River

I don't see how a game is being called can affect a kid throwing a punch.  He maybe upset with how he's not making shots or free throws, not getting rebounds, turning the ball over at important times,losing the last game of his career, or is just getting taking to school by the other team. Kids do thing out of the ordinary when they know they will never be able to play the game they have lived for so many years.

xadboy

Quote from: Ctucker on March 05, 2016, 06:26:11 pm
The crying will never stop!
Awe somebody doesn't like what I say. Do you need a diaper change? That's the best you have? Amazing how people have reacted to something I've said. Been told I was crying, called names etc. If you don't like my opinion then don't read it.

xadboy

Quote from: Ole Man River on March 05, 2016, 06:50:32 pm
I don't see how a game is being called can affect a kid throwing a punch.  He maybe upset with how he's not making shots or free throws, not getting rebounds, turning the ball over at important times,losing the last game of his career, or is just getting taking to school by the other team. Kids do thing out of the ordinary when they know they will never be able to play the game they have lived for so many years.
River, did you watch the game?

Proud Buckaroo

This subject should be over with... The refs didn't make that kid punch reeves because he was angry over the fact that they were losing. When the first Lamar player fouled out. It just got out of hand. The whole team melted. You guys had a chance until the 4th quarter.

Ctucker

It ain't like y'all have never lost get over it CR is better than your team!

sevenof400

Quote from: xadboy on March 05, 2016, 05:00:17 pm

It is NOT the job of the officials to control the game - it is the job of the officials to call the game.  Those are two very different things altogether.  The fact that a referee calls (or does not call) a foul does not relieve a player from responsibility for future actions. 

Now I will admit I did NOT see the Lamar game (which is central to this conversation) but even at that, too many people want to transfer responsibility for too many aspects of the game to the referee - and that is passing responsibilty from parties (players, coaches, fans) who need to bare their fare share of blame for the overall downward spiral with respect to basketball.   

I'll agree there are areas of the game in serious need of change but the idea that the problem begins and ends with the referee is flat out wrong.

xadboy

PB, from where I was standing he didn't punch Reaves. He hit the ball not Reaves. My opinion on that situation and the officials has made some CR fans mad. Had the game been called close both ways, Lamar may have had a chance. But that wasn't the case, the way the second half was called took that opportunity away. Not saying we could have won but wished they would have called it like they did in first half. The first half was enjoyable to watch even though we were losing by 4 at the half. I'm sure not everyone has agreed with everything you have posted. Had a lot of fun with you during football. Wish I had seen your message earlier, would love to have met you and radiotalker.

sevenof400

Quote from: xadboy on March 05, 2016, 04:54:13 pm
The Official I've already proved that you don't what you are talking about before. Take some advice and be quiet. The more you talk makes you look like a bigger idiot each time. Leave the talking to the people who know the rules and what we are talking about.

Let me say something here with my moderator hat on - There has been and still can continue to be some decent conversation on this subject but let's not get personal.  I need to adhere to that advice myself - I'll admit issues like these draw my attention and I get a little too emotional myself. 

I think something we all share is an appreciation for high school sports.  Furthermore, I think its safe to say we'd all like to see a better environment for the game.  Please try to keep to the objective (not so much the subjective). 

Okay, back to it....

sevenof400

...and I should have said the previous post was intended for everyone (not solely directed at xadboy).  My apologies for any confusion on that...

sevenof400

Now there is one thing I will direct to (toward) Xadboy.  Can you mention some specific plays that illustrate your point(s)?

xadboy

Quote from: sevenof400 on March 05, 2016, 07:32:12 pm
Now there is one thing I will direct to (toward) Xadboy.  Can you mention some specific plays that illustrate your point(s)?
Basically it was the second half that I have a problem with. CR only had 1 foul called against them in the second half in what was a physical game both ways. Not sure how, but I wish you could watch and see what you thought. It's hard to pinpoint certain plays but we had 14 fouls called on us. With 4 out our 5 starters fouling out by the 4:00 mark of the fourth quarter. In the first half CR had 8 fouls and Lamar had 10 and CR had a 4 point lead. It was like watching 2 different games first half vs second half.

Agree that I am a very passionate fan and love to watch high school sports. Been to watch other teams than just Lamar. It just rubs me the wrong way sometimes when some posters (teachers pet, ctucker, the official) are some examples of making it personal because they don't agree with what my opinion is. If you don't agree then say so but don't take pot shots. I love having a intelligent conversation even if I may not agree with what the other is saying.

nightowl

As a official I am getting better and better because I have start going to a lot of out of state camps   What I am saying that a lot of officials don't put a lot of money in going that extra mile to be a great official . As for as places ever school bids on if they want to hold the regional or state tournament

neds

I'm not one of those three and I find you 'over the top'
Be proud and move on

xadboy

Quote from: neds on March 05, 2016, 07:55:33 pm
I'm not one of those three and I find you 'over the top'
Be proud and move on
Neds are you referring to me?

neds

xadboy

Quote from: neds on March 05, 2016, 08:01:26 pm
Yes
I love your passion, but focus on tomorrow
Just having some fun. But I do stand by my opinion on the game. When someone comes at me like some of the CR fans have I can't help having a little fun with them. I've seen you have some fun before, it is fun to stir them up a little isn't it? Bout to shut it down anyway UFC is about to start.

neds

Good deal xadboy
I was hurt by ECS' premature exit as well
I know we would have beaten the brakes off of Charlestons

See now the focus is
on my post . .  .

xadboy

Quote from: neds on March 05, 2016, 08:10:31 pm
Good dead xadboy
I was hurt by ECS' premature exit as well
I know we would have beaten the brakes off of Charlestons

See now the focus in on my post . .  .
Lol!

xadboy

Oh my, Neds you need to go check out the Centerpoint vs Cedar Ridge thread.

Ctucker

You haven't gotten under my skin at all just like to listen to you whine!

ISU7

They need too lock this thread, this game is his    tow    reeeee   lol

xadboy

ISU7

Quote from: xadboy on March 05, 2016, 08:25:14 pm
See what I mean? SMH
Go replay the game on playstation 4 , that way yall might win, you can use your on refs...lol Good Luck Playstation Warriors.... ;D

xadboy

Quote from: ISU7 on March 05, 2016, 08:42:39 pm
Go replay the game on playstation 4 , that way yall might win, you can use your on refs...lol Good Luck Playstation Warriors.... ;D
Figured y'all would be full of bait by now. Guess not.

brown2010

WarriorFan

I hate how this thread is going, Again I dont want it to be about one game. I want the officials to be accountable for their calling of games. I am from Lamar , we got beat move on. What can we do to get better officials in these games. Does it mean more training, coaches grading officials, I dont know but something has to be done. And does anyone have any suggestions on having these regional and state tournaments a bigger locations, such as local colleges.

Ned_Flanders

The best way to get better officials is to pay your $ to the AAA , take the free 100 question test and find you an assigner and go to work.  You will never holler at another referee,  I promise you that.

TheOfficial

Quote from: Ned_Flanders on March 07, 2016, 07:35:25 am
The best way to get better officials is to pay your $ to the AAA , take the free 100 question test and find you an assigner and go to work.  You will never holler at another referee,  I promise you that.

+1

WhiteRiverMonster

Quote from: WarriorFan on March 04, 2016, 10:46:03 pm
And I agree about Jessieville doing the best they can. Tournament is very well ran, good support from locals. But the AAA can do better in trying to procure a better place to hold these tournaments. Now it might cost a few dollars to rent a college facility but for our kids its worth it. I would rather have good officials with better pay, better place to play with more room for spectators. Than pay these 100,000 dollar salaries to AAA.

Couldn't agree more. Everyone I dealt with from Jessieville was wonderful and then some from a hosting prospective with the exception of letting the Jessieville fans in early. That being said, it's a size thing. I guarantee the crowds this week were bigger than any crowd you'd see at most non-D1 college games. It's a money thing and that's pretty pathetic.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ned_Flanders on March 07, 2016, 07:35:25 am

It's easer to set back and complain about it though

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas