• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Snoopy22 Ranking After Week 2

Started by snoopy22, September 13, 2014, 07:57:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopy22

Here's how I have it after two weeks.  Still way too early to know who is real contenders and who is real pretenders, but this will be a nice shake up for this week.  Here goes:
1. Charleston (2-0)
2. Prescott (2-0)
3. Episcopal (2-0)
4. Smackover (1-1)
5. Booneville (1-1)
6. Lamar (2-0)
7. Hoxie (2-0)
8. McGehee (1-1)
9. Barton (2-0)
10. Paris (2-0)

Honorable Mentions: Harding Academy, Fouke, Mayflower, Rivercrest, Osceola, Camden Harmony Grove

Let the bashing begin!

Runfastturnleft

Not the Curley Wolves?!?!

Just kidding.  They are off to a good start.  Hard to see anyone besting Charleston at this point...

Still super early of course. 

snoopy22

No doubt they are the big time favorites.

snoopy22

Might end up being like last year, but a little too early to tell.

Jimbo Morphis

is whipping up on 2a teams better than losing to good 4a teams in your poll sir? mcgehee and prescott have their teams back from last year. you really think there are 6 spots difference between the two?

crmorrow24

Quote from: Oldman on September 15, 2014, 09:17:18 am
is whipping up on 2a teams better than losing to good 4a teams in your poll sir? mcgehee and prescott have their teams back from last year. you really think there are 6 spots difference between the two?
I do. The Curley Wolves are a different team this year. I would agree we are 6 spots better at this point in the season.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: crmorrow24 on September 15, 2014, 09:38:52 am
Quote from: Oldman on September 15, 2014, 09:17:18 am
I do. The Curley Wolves are a different team this year. I would agree we are 6 spots better at this point in the season.
i guess we'll see. it's early.

Iron Owl

What conference did Prescott move in to?  Who will give them competition?

KOJACK

Quote from: Iron Owl on September 15, 2014, 12:06:54 pm
5-3A... EC$

Jimbo Morphis

5-3a nobody

cdelaney

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: cdelaney on September 15, 2014, 02:09:00 pm
Quote from: Oldman on September 15, 2014, 01:20:38 pm
5-3a nobody
Ouch! that hurts
if they are the 2nd best team in the state they won't have a close game in that conference.

cdelaney

Quote from: Oldman on September 15, 2014, 02:55:05 pm
Quote from: cdelaney on September 15, 2014, 02:09:00 pm
Quote from: Oldman on September 15, 2014, 01:20:38 pm
5-3a nobody
Ouch! that hurts
if they are the 2nd best team in the state they won't have a close game in that conference.
We already knew that ECS will get their butt kicked and be no contest (a one hit wonder as they say) but what about Horatio or maybe Bismarck?

adaptedtigerfan

hoghelmet14

How do yall get all your info about all these other teams... there is no way you can see all them play......

but yet..... yall seem to be very accurate in your predictions..... so what's the secret?

I cant even pick the order of my own conference..... LOL

snoopy22

No disrespect intended Oldman.....You guys got beat bad week 1 and dropped out....y'all had a good win in week two and jumped back in.....I had y'all #4 to start the year.....Plenty of time for rearranging the top 10....Prescott plays Episcopal in 3 weeks and the loser will move down a little.  Just going with the teams that are off to a good start.

snoopy22

I had Prescott #6 and 4 teams in front of them lost.  So they moved up.

BUCK FEVER

September 15, 2014, 05:16:43 pm #17 Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:36:25 am by BUCK FEVER
Quote from: snoopy22 on September 15, 2014, 05:00:40 pm
No disrespect intended Oldman.....You guys got beat bad week 1 and dropped out....y'all had a good win in week two and jumped back in.....I had y'all #4 to start the year.....Plenty of time for rearranging the top 10....Prescott plays Episcopal in 3 weeks and the loser will move down a little.  Just going with the teams that are off to a good start.

That sounds logical, I think oldman startin to get grumpy in his old age.

adaptedtigerfan

I can pick the order of your conf....  Hoghelmet

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: snoopy22 on September 15, 2014, 05:00:40 pm
no problem getting beat by a good 4a team is no different than beating a bad team is all i was saying. It all works out in the end. The last snoopy pole is what matters.

RiceBurner501

so ECS has no chance this year? by the numbers they have been putting up it seems like it might be another good year. Prescott seems like a real state championship contender by the way they are getting talked up. Just wanna know some thoughts on this.

AnotherTurfMonkey

Quote from: RiceBurner501 on September 15, 2014, 07:25:51 pm
so ECS has no chance this year? by the numbers they have been putting up it seems like it might be another good year. Prescott seems like a real state championship contender by the way they are getting talked up. Just wanna know some thoughts on this.

Only one contender and all others are pretenders...  Just like last year.

RiceBurner501

Quote from: AnotherTurfMonkey

Only one contender and all others are pretenders...  Just like last year.
/quote]

What does that even mean.. "just like last year?" ECS wasn't in their conference and beat Prescott last year... not sure what you're even talking about

AnotherTurfMonkey

Did you not just say that Prescott seems like a state championship contender?

RiceBurner501

what people are saying about them they might be..? thats not what i was even talking about though.. i was asking about the Prescott v. ECS here in a few weeks. i havent seen Prescott play this year besides during 7on7 earlier this summer.

KOJACK

Quote from: RiceBurner501 on September 15, 2014, 07:46:02 pm
what people are saying about them they might be..? thats not what i was even talking about though.. i was asking about the Prescott v. ECS here in a few weeks. i havent seen Prescott play this year besides during 7on7 earlier this summer.
Prescott is MUCH improved from last year. They return 8, some say 9 starters on offense and 8 on defense. From what I hear EC$ is remarkable. Right grandpa? It should be a good game. The winner will definitely have a stranglehold on the conf championship.

adaptedtigerfan

How will the winner do in the playoffs there KOJACK?

KOJACK

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on September 15, 2014, 08:10:14 pm
How will the winner do in the playoffs there KOJACK?
We will do very good. We match up fine with anyone in 3A.

WildcatGrandpa13

Quote from: KOJACK on September 15, 2014, 08:06:42 pm
Prescott is MUCH improved from last year. They return 8, some say 9 starters on offense and 8 on defense. From what I hear EC$ is remarkable. Right grandpa? It should be a good game. The winner will definitely have a stranglehold on the conf championship.
I'm not gonna say remarkable (I called Allie Freeman "remarkable") but we have a good bunch of kids. Adding Kelvin Robinson on offense gives us extreme depth at all skill positions. No reason why we shouldn't give Prescott a run for their money in the 5-3A.

KOJACK

snoopy22

KOJACK

Quote from: WildcatGrandpa13 on September 15, 2014, 10:16:44 pm
Quote from: KOJACK on September 15, 2014, 08:06:42 pm
I'm not gonna say remarkable (I called Allie Freeman "remarkable") but we have a good bunch of kids. Adding Kelvin Robinson on offense gives us extreme depth at all skill positions. No reason why we shouldn't give Prescott a run for their money in the 5-3A.
That's what I said ???

Proud Buckaroo

I like reading your rankings.

Honestly. I think they are fine where they are right now. Of course as the weeks go on. Mcgehee will be much improved. After Prescott and ECS play. Whoever loses will drop down. The Bearcats are a top contender in my opinion. They are just going into these games with a big head. Time will tell.

Pastureboy21

You should get a job at Hootens @Snoopy

Proud Buckaroo

Hooten's rankings are definitely bias.

OLDSCHOOL82

The only thing that is nice about Hootens is the magnitude of information you have in one publication.  Their polls are never that accurate.

Hootie

Quote from: Pastureboy21 on September 16, 2014, 10:26:08 am
You should get a job at Hootens @Snoopy

No he can't get infected with the hooten's virus. We need his poll here because it's much more realistic than the hooten's poll.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on September 16, 2014, 10:31:27 am
Hooten's rankings are definitely bias.
calpreps is worse. they have very limited info.

Hootie

snoopy22

I think my ranking is better than Hooten's in 3A by far.  Harding Academy is not the 3rd best team in 3A.

cdelaney

Quote from: snoopy22 on September 16, 2014, 05:38:09 pm
I think my ranking is better than Hooten's in 3A by far.  Harding Academy is not the 3rd best team in 3A.
Agree with you on both points, but maybe if you did work for them you would improve their rankings and picks??
I am not sure ECS should be #3- haven't played any teams that are strong to date and won't until they face Wolves in a couple of weeks. I would put them behind Smack and  Booneville for now, maybe tied with McGehee.  But doesn't really matter, will sort itself out soon enough.

snoopy22

Right, but with teams losing I shook it up a little more than normal.  Both Booneville and McGehee had unimpressive losses....Smackover lost to a very good team, but they did lose.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: snoopy22 on September 17, 2014, 09:24:01 am
Right, but with teams losing I shook it up a little more than normal.  Both Booneville and McGehee had unimpressive losses....Smackover lost to a very good team, but they did lose.
mcgehee lost to a good 4a football team. hamburg's 3 losses last year were to camden fairview, warren, and booneville. other than maybe charleston no 3a team in the state beats them on a 100 degree day.

snoopy22

Quote from: Oldman on September 17, 2014, 10:24:37 am
mcgehee lost to a good 4a football team. hamburg's 3 losses last year were to camden fairview, warren, and booneville. other than maybe charleston no 3a team in the state beats them on a 100 degree day.
Why do you say on a 100 degree day?  If you are talking about depth Prescott has two that start both ways and they are both split timers on the offensive side.  Not saying we could beat Hamburg though....they are very good.

adaptedtigerfan

He knows what he is talkin about Snoop..  We all know who the best team is.  :)

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: snoopy22 on September 17, 2014, 02:24:42 pm
Quote from: Oldman on September 17, 2014, 10:24:37 am
Why do you say on a 100 degree day?  If you are talking about depth Prescott has two that start both ways and they are both split timers on the offensive side.  Not saying we could beat Hamburg though....they are very good.
hamburg had 75 kids. runs the spread and no one plays both ways. line on both sides was huge. our whole team plays both ways almost.  we ran out of gas. our red uniforms were maroon by the 2nd quarter. like i said look who beat them last year. they played fairview tight for one half and had some special team breakdowns in the 2nd half.

Hootie

Most of these guys haven't seen Hamburg play this year or last. They could definitely beat Prescott and probably give Charleston a run for its money. But hey it's just a poll.

snoopy22

Actually I have seen Hamburg this year and last year...I said they have a very good team.  I'm just saying wearing us down wouldn't be an issue.  Would definitely have our hands full with them and then some.

OLDSCHOOL82

Hamburgs problem last year was their lack of physical play.  If they have that fixed then watch out because they have the speed and talent.

Big Red

I think Hooten's has it closer (I can almost already hear the boo's).  Zero points from Booneville was a huge shocker.  That they even lost was a shocker to me.  But Im not ready to drop them from number 2 yet personally.  And as far as H.A. being no way the 3rd best,  I would take them in a heartbeat over your number 3.  ECS is a good team but they are the Arkansas Baptist of a few years ago.  There are 5 or 6 teams, including H.A. that would/will eventually do what Smackover did to them last year.  Anyway, there is a long way to go and 3A is going to be really interesting this year, especially if Charleston ever shows any chinks in its armor.  I wouldn't bet any money on that though right now.  Love your polls (even though I don't always agree).

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas