• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alma @ Springdale Sept. 12

Started by AT, September 06, 2014, 12:15:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Sourpuss

Quote from: B.S. on September 15, 2014, 07:54:09 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on September 13, 2014, 10:44:59 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 13, 2014, 09:37:48 am
I'm calling an upset. Week 10 Alma over Greenwood

Really can't wait for that game this year.

Decade of Dominance! It will be our 10th win in a row over the Airedales!
Enjoy this decade because once CDL gets steady its going to be nip and tuck for a win even for greenwood.

B.S.

Quote from: Sourpuss on September 15, 2014, 09:41:18 pm

Enjoy this decade because once CDL gets steady its going to be nip and tuck for a win even for greenwood.

I have to say it has been a very enjoyable decade! Not just the dominance over the airedales, but the building of a complete program, and being able to enjoy the success our program has had. The airedale thing is just icing on the cake! CDL has his hands full I assure you.

AT

Quote from: B.S. on September 15, 2014, 10:15:10 pm
Quote from: Sourpuss on September 15, 2014, 09:41:18 pm

I have to say it has been a very enjoyable decade! Not just the dominance over the airedales, but the building of a complete program, and being able to enjoy the success our program has had. The airedale thing is just icing on the cake! CDL has his hands full I assure you.

He knows.

Brian G

I think DL might get another bite at that red apple.

AT

September 15, 2014, 10:59:18 pm #54 Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 11:01:55 pm by Almatrackster
Quote from: B.G. on September 15, 2014, 10:55:20 pm
I think DL might get another bite at that red apple.

Don't put your cursed words on us poor Alma folk.

adaptedtigerfan

SNWA

GW scored 56 points on Springdale in 3 qtrs. What are you basing that on?

adaptedtigerfan

If you base you predictions on scores u are messed up.  Jus sayin

SNWA

September 16, 2014, 01:49:55 pm #59 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 01:52:21 pm by SNWA
haha and if you base your predictions on loyalty to your ex-coach, your in trouble. Alma has done nothing to prove they can compete for 6A title. VB beat Poteau and GW embarrassed Springdale. Hope Alma competes but please, this is not 4A football. I think GW can base their predictions on a little more than scores.  This is humorous. Cute but humorous.

SNWA

By the way, most predictions are made off of scores.....

adaptedtigerfan

DL is not my x coach.   And you just wait and see.   

SNWA

Being that 90 percent of your post are about Charleston , I just assumed. I hope for a good close game. I have a lot of close friends with boys on the Alma team so I root for them in all weeks but one. However , 6A is a big jump as GW's 40 something point win last year shows. Alma will have Conway, Van Buren and then GW to finish off the regular season. Brutal run . If they can get up for all 3 and play mistake free, come away healthy and get home field advantage, then they would have a shot. Good luck to them . Could be a couple of great battles ahead of us.

Dogs78

Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on September 16, 2014, 01:55:57 pm
DL is not my x coach.   And you just wait and see.
Alma beats Poteau and Springdale and are now the team to beat in 6A??
Good to see I'm not the only one having trouble with this theory.... ::)

...but it is nice to have them back in the conference. Makes beating up on them so much sweeter.

Baitshop

IMHO Van Burdens 2-10 start doesn't throw them into a "brutal" comparison that includes GW and Conway....

My prediction is that BBC wins only 2 more games this year (Parkview and Hall)...

Dont kid yourself though...CDL has Alma headed back to their old Frankie Vines days...

SNWA

Remember bait , Parkview and Hall are no longer on the schedule.

adaptedtigerfan

Snwa I am from CTown now but I moved in...  I just like to what do they call it?...... Stir the pot!

SNWA

lol...then you have def come to the right place.

adaptedtigerfan

We actually moved from GW when my son was in the 4th grade.  He is now a sr.

Baitshop

September 16, 2014, 02:55:20 pm #69 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 02:57:00 pm by Baitshop
7A/6A Central no longer includes Hall and Parkview..??..??

If not, I take back my prediction of 2 more wins for VB...

ricepig

Quote from: Baitshop on September 16, 2014, 02:55:20 pm
7A/6A Central no longer includes Hall and Parkview..??..??

Nope, they got shipped to the South, I don't know where they'll send them next cycle.....

SNWA

lost NS, SS, Parkview and Hall. Gained Alma, VB, Bryant and Siloam.

WPWells

It makes so much sense for Siloam to not be in the conference with the NWA schools

SNWA

Your right but Im sure they were ready to get out .

AT

Alma will always have Greenwood in the back of their mind, but the focus right now is Harrison and the focus after that is beating Russellville and/or Siloam Springs to make the playoffs.

Sourpuss

Loughridge is a full 2 or 3 years ahead of schedule.  right where he wants to be btw. People talking about and entertaining the idea that alma might beat greenwood.  that was crazy talk 2 years ago and probably is now and yet hes in the conversation. Dont think players dont read these boards.  when alma ends up 3 touchdowns ahead or whatever it was last year in a year or two theyll (gw) start to question whether or not they  are indestructable.   almas ad hired him to rebuild the empire that vines started.  hes one of a handful of coaches big enough for this stage,  a coach who will look across the field and see a Springdale, a Russellville and or Rick Jones' Greenwood and say "yeah. Ill have some of that."  its a high stakes game and mcspadden has shown he knows how to pick a coach that can build a champ. Give him time to develop his kids and get the talent up and study rick jones.. Hes one of a handful that "might" be able to crack that egg. But that is still a few years away imo.

Pr8hd

September 16, 2014, 08:11:26 pm #76 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:12:20 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: adaptedtigerfan on September 16, 2014, 12:51:10 pm
Alma wins 6A this year.

"I'll be your Huckleberry!"

I think there are a few teams that will have say in this besides just GW, namely ED, after all they have won 4 of last 5. They are the defending champs until someone else says differently. Think PB could definitely be there. AHS and Jonesboro seem fairly solid as well.  Alma should be in the top teams in the class. I said all along they make the 6A classification better. However,it's not like Alma comes in the newly crowned 5A champ or sporting  anything of recent accomplishment in football. They have not won a state championship in 16 years. They say we (GW) don't remember football before the Peacock era (mid 90's-2000), well pretty sure there has been plenty of football played since 1998 as well or did time stand still in Airedale land?  The series lead they once enjoyed with GW head to head has all but vanished. They never won a 5A classification title (even post 2 years of GW absence), so proclaiming them 6A champs this year seems to be a stretch this early especially from a former GW resident turned Chucktown fan?

They've beat a weak Poteau team and a weak Springdale team, as did GW. In the grand scheme, not sure how impressive either theirs or our records are but would have to say a one dimensional  SS  with a very solid defense is way better than Springdale and Poteau could not even hold SS's jock. I really wish VB had not crawfished out of the non-con game with the Rebels, because I think they believe their record is impressive, maybe more so than either of ours since they have doubled their win total from last year.  ;) I think Alma along with GW still have to beat some better competition and take care of the teams on their schedules before proclaiming 6A supremacy this year. Their coach has them on a good track no doubt (light years ahead of his predecessor), but you guys talk about drinking the Kool Aid in GW, well looks to be a new (old) flavor some are sipping, for sure, and it isn't the blue stuff.

AT

Greenwood fans sure do seem defensive about this. And you guys say there isn't a rivalry anymore ;)

Pr8hd

September 16, 2014, 09:02:54 pm #78 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:10:31 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Almatrackster on September 16, 2014, 08:57:45 pm
Greenwood fans sure do seem defensive about this. And you guys say there isn't a rivalry anymore ;)

Doubt this rivalry will die anytime soon. ;D Played in it when it really wasn't a rivalry because it was so lopsided and Alma p'owned GW. GW getting better since the mid 90's made this into an actual rivalry and one of the better ones , if not the best in the state. Safe to say, if not for the "arms race" with Alma as they were the watermark at one time, we probably never would have gotten Jones because we tasted success under Peacock, then had our Dillbeck years under Welch. The admin committed itself then to not go backwards and  to be a program of note by getting rid of Harv and going to get CRJ and he has paid in Spades tenfold over ,obviously, to what he has meant to GW.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas