• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

best players of 2014-2015

Started by Pfan1115, September 05, 2014, 10:12:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfan1115

Sons_of_Scottland

Blaine Hipp West Side Greers Ferry

bscinar

In thinking about this, Bay may have 3 of the top 5 and 5 of the top 10 in 1A this year.

Pfan1115

Shady

Siebenmorgen at Scranton best player in 1A

Silky Johnson

I don't think siebenmorgan is even the best player on his team. He's top 10 in the state in 1A but not the best. Although it is your opinion. It's not a bad pick by any means.

D6Bound

Quote from: bscinar on September 15, 2014, 06:01:04 pm
In thinking about this, Bay may have 3 of the top 5 and 5 of the top 10 in 1A this year.
You went way too far...

Silky Johnson

I can't say many people that have seen them play would disagree. Utly has a mid range game now and Crain is starting to take contact better. In 1A if he's physical but not in foul trouble he can own the boards. I'm sure there are better shooters, athletes, and scorers for those that think he went to far but when the season starts we can all have evidence to put on here.

D6Bound

Quote from: Silky Johnson on September 15, 2014, 10:16:44 pm
I can't say many people that have seen them play would disagree. Utly has a mid range game now and Crain is starting to take contact better. In 1A if he's physical but not in foul trouble he can own the boards. I'm sure there are better shooters, athletes, and scorers for those that think he went to far but when the season starts we can all have evidence to put on here.
Bay has two guys that are maybe in the top 10. The other three guys are good, but they ain't no top 10. You obviously don't get out and look around at the other schools much.

Silky Johnson

2 that are maybe in the top 10? Lol I've seen all the players mentioned on here and most of them are just good small school basketball players. The three guys you mentioned you must have not seen a whole lot of. Pritchett has proven he's a good scorer and Colton can put up points in bunches like no other player in class A. If this is his best year and the chemistry with this team stays good he will have a state MVP type year. He's a team player and he won't care if he doesn't get to score as much as in the past. I don't expect them to go undefeated but by post season they should be really good.

D6Bound

September 16, 2014, 07:08:29 am #60 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 07:12:56 am by D6Bound
Quote from: Silky Johnson on September 15, 2014, 11:44:41 pm
2 that are maybe in the top 10? Lol I've seen all the players mentioned on here and most of them are just good small school basketball players. The three guys you mentioned you must have not seen a whole lot of. Pritchett has proven he's a good scorer and Colton can put up points in bunches like no other player in class A. If this is his best year and the chemistry with this team stays good he will have a state MVP type year. He's a team player and he won't care if he doesn't get to score as much as in the past. I don't expect them to go undefeated but by post season they should be really good.
I'll say Watson is a top 10 and Pritchett probably is too. Now Watson is a dang good player, but the times I seen him put up 30-40 points a game he also shot it 30-40 times. Also let me add something else apart from this subject, does Bay have a guy above 6"2 besides Crane?

Moonshiner

There's a lot to be said about pressure.  These are still just kids.  I hope the fire you guys are building can keep up with all the smoke. If so you should have a good team.

Silky Johnson

They don't that actually plays in the rotation. Being the tallest guy isn't always the deciding factor and Bay has seen plenty of size.

D6Bound

September 16, 2014, 08:51:14 am #63 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 09:23:39 am by D6Bound
Quote from: Silky Johnson on September 16, 2014, 08:24:26 am
They don't that actually plays in the rotation. Being the tallest guy isn't always the deciding factor and Bay has seen plenty of size.
The only guy with size is Crane. And believe it or not that will play a very important factor in the state tournament if he does get in foul trouble. I think Bay will be good, but I don't think they are THAT good.

Moonshiner

If Bay has 3 of the top 5 players in Class A, and 5 of the best 10 players......?
That's pretty loaded.  They should compete with any 5A or even most 6A teams if this is true.

Silky Johnson

September 16, 2014, 10:24:58 am #65 Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:27:44 am by Silky Johnson
I doubt they will play any but they beat 3 5a schools this summer. This doesn't mean a thing except I'm sure it gave the players more confidence. It can be a factor if he is in foul trouble but there's not many giants in 1A. We will see if they are going to be THAT good.

D6Bound

Quote from: Silky Johnson on September 16, 2014, 10:24:58 am
I doubt they will play any but they beat 3 5a schools this summer. This doesn't mean a thing except I'm sure it gave the players more confidence.
Summer doesn't mean anything when playing bigger schools. Most of the time their better athletes will be playing football at that time, and also I know some 5A and 6A schools that aren't very good in basketball...

D6Bound

You're right 1A doesnt have a lot of giants....But believe me, there will be a team out there that you will face in the state tournament that will have some talented big men.

pootnscoot

In pains me, but  I completely agree.  The key concept being basketball players not athletes. I might push it to 5 of the top 12. I do get out and see a lot of 1A- 4A basketball. Size will not be an issue. They will encounter plenty of size mismatches during the regular season. Lots of wins will be posted in those games.

Silky Johnson

The teams they beat didn't have any guys in football out but okay I'm ready to see them play a 1a team with size. I don't know of any guys over 6'6 but Nevada should have some big guys. After them who would have someone?

D6Bound

Quote from: Silky Johnson on September 16, 2014, 10:47:40 am
The teams they beat didn't have any guys in football out but okay I'm ready to see them play a 1a team with size. I don't know of any guys over 6'6 but Nevada should have some big guys. After them who would have someone?
I'm not saying you guys aren't gonna be good. I'm just saying there will be some 1A teams out there that will cause you guys trouble. But this crap I keep reading about Bay being 20-30 points better then everyone in 1A is a load of BS.

Silky Johnson

Is it? I would say there's maybe 5 or 6 teams that could play them within 20-30 points

BoxNOne

I think Watson is #1 and Pritchett could be #2. Pritchett is top 5 for sure.

HorseFeathers

Scranton, emerson, maybe icc and wonderview. . . Who else?

bball101

SHS Baller

I think Nevada is being looked over. They are a pretty solid team and could give Emerson a run for their money.

Pfan1115

Yall are also over looking nemo vista and calico rock with parnell

D6Bound

Bay is probably preordering their rings since nobody can stay within 20 of them.

pootnscoot

Quote from: Pfan1115 on September 16, 2014, 02:55:38 pm

I might be wrong and no disrespect to Parnell because he is a great kid and tremendous basketball player, but he comes off the bench if he  wears purple and gold this season.

D6Bound

Quote from: pootnscoot on September 16, 2014, 05:33:37 pm
Quote from: Pfan1115 on September 16, 2014, 02:55:38 pm

I might be wrong and no disrespect to Parnell because he is a great kid and tremendous basketball player, but he comes off the bench if he  wears purple and gold this season.
Malik monk too  :D

HorseFeathers

Nemo vista boys are going to be good?  I guess i'm missing something . . . Good to hear that the wonderview-nemo rivalry game will have two good games  this year

D6Bound

Ok so I'm just curious....Who all does Wonderview return besides Griffin? I could be wrong but I thought they lost several players from last season

Pfan1115

Wonderview has beck comig back and ingram who came off the bench last season. And nemo will be big and a top 7 team

Shady

Quote from: D6Bound on September 16, 2014, 04:44:50 pm
Bay is probably preordering their rings since nobody can stay within 20 of them.
Don't forget the banner

D6Bound

Quote from: Pfan1115 on September 16, 2014, 07:52:48 pm
Wonderview has beck comig back and ingram who came off the bench last season. And nemo will be big and a top 7 team
Sounds like Nemo could be solid, how about their guards?

D6Bound

Quote from: Shady on September 16, 2014, 08:21:35 pm
Don't forget the banner
I'm surprised they didn't just go ahead and put 2015 State Champs on their gym floor too

Shady

Quote from: D6Bound on September 16, 2014, 08:26:04 pm
Don't forget the banner
I'm surprised they didn't just go ahead and put 2015 State Champs on their gym floor too
Well I've never seen state champs put on a floor but they're Bay so I guess anything is possible.

Pfan1115

Ik that they have a kid that can flat shoot from Anywhere in te gym and im not sure about there 1 spot. Ik there 4 and 5 are really solid though

D6Bound

Quote from: Shady on September 16, 2014, 08:44:55 pm
Quote from: D6Bound on September 16, 2014, 08:26:04 pm
Don't forget the banner
Well I've never seen state champs put on a floor but they're Bay so I guess anything is possible.
https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/10620295_260925694117276_7383980904442314261_o.jpg
Look at the logo on the right of the court.

D6Bound

Quote from: Pfan1115 on September 16, 2014, 08:50:12 pm
Ik that they have a kid that can flat shoot from Anywhere in te gym and im not sure about there 1 spot. Ik there 4 and 5 are really solid though
Sounds like a team that could have a pretty good season, as long as they stay healthy.

Shady

That's interesting, never saw that before. Pretty sharp floor though and I sure don't see any banners hanging in there, some of those Bay lackeys must have been fibbing about that one. Yea they could've went ahead and got 15 on there would've saved some painter a little time. Would've also went right along with the Bay way, arrogant and cocky from the top down BOSS!!

HorseFeathers

How about a roll call...how many posters from here are actually from/Have connections to, Bay....Just curious, cause I see a lot of putting words into the mouths of Bay's fans on here. Most of the Nobody can stay within 20 of bay come from other schools fans(Myself included at one point or another..)

Shady

^^^This is a Bay guy and yeah he didn't say 20 plus but come on!! What's he going to tell us next that Bay's second string are the 6789&10th best players in the state. What a freakin joke!

D6Bound

Quote from: Shady on September 16, 2014, 10:11:17 pm
^^^This is a Bay guy and yeah he didn't say 20 plus but come on!! What's he going to tell us next that Bay's second string are the 6789&10th best players in the state. What a freakin joke!
It's the arrogance of the Purple and Gold lovers that makes everyone (besides themselves and a few others from the Jonesboro area) cheer against them.

BasketballNeverStops

Just to name a few:
Sr. Girls
Bailey Zimmerman-Wonderview
Chase Paladino-Nemo Vista
Abby Turney-West Side
Madison Robbins-Concord
Kendal Sullivan-Bee Branch

Sr. Boys
Seth Siebenmorgan-Scranton
TJ Richardson-Concord
Blaine Hipp-West Side
Andrew Walker-Izard County
Colton Watson and Tyler Pritchett-Bay
Corey Beck-Wonderview

HorseFeathers

the other guard from scranton might deserve some consideration.

Moonshiner

Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on September 23, 2014, 10:19:07 am
Just to name a few:
Sr. Girls
Abby Turney-West Side
Madison Robbins-Concord

Sr. Boys
TJ Richardson-Concord
Blaine Hipp-West Side
Corey Beck-Wonderview

No offense to you, but I dont think Walker is even the best player in Izard County. The kid at Calico is better. And the Lewis kid at Norfork is the best in that conference.  He should get mentioned here. In my opinion that is.

BasketballNeverStops

Quote from: Moonshiner on September 23, 2014, 12:05:07 pm
Quote from: BasketballNeverStops on September 23, 2014, 10:19:07 am
Just to name a few:
Sr. Girls
Abby Turney-West Side
Madison Robbins-Concord

Sr. Boys
TJ Richardson-Concord
Blaine Hipp-West Side
Corey Beck-Wonderview

No offense to you, but I dont think Walker is even the best player in Izard County. The kid at Calico is better. And the Lewis kid at Norfork is the best in that conference.  He should get mentioned here. In my opinion that is.
I do not disagree with you Moonshiner. I've heard many good things about Lewis but I haven't had the chance to see him or Norfork play. I've just listed some players that I have got to see.

pootnscoot

I think it goes Walker, Lewis and then Parnell. Lewis definitely has the higher ceiling and probably passes Walker by the end of the year.

PuddlePirate12

Tavion Revels from Emerson and Sky Jackson from Acorn are two great players

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas