• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs 2014 Season

Started by MSHS FAn, July 27, 2014, 01:13:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What do you think the regular season reacord will be and where will we be in the postseason??

12-0
1 (2.6%)
11-1
0 (0%)
10-2
0 (0%)
9-3
0 (0%)
8-4
2 (5.3%)
7-5
5 (13.2%)
6-6
11 (28.9%)
5-7
4 (10.5%)
4-8
9 (23.7%)
3-9
6 (15.8%)
2-10
3 (7.9%)
1-11
0 (0%)
0-12
0 (0%)
SEC CHAMPIONSHIP?
2 (5.3%)
College Football Playoff?
0 (0%)
College Football Championship Game?
0 (0%)
National Champions
2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

ricepig

Quote from: Rikitikitavi on September 14, 2014, 09:32:36 pm
Back to the reasons Storey should or shouldn't come to Arkansas;

He will redshirt next year and will not play till his Senior year more than likely, he will never start in front of anyone with the last name of Allen, nevermind, no more reasons needed.

Hey UA looked great, Brandon Allen wasn't dynamic by any means but servicable!

Are they the first family of Arkansas QB's? I read this crap on HV, I guess Bielema is scared of the PurpleDawg mafia......

Brian G

The best will play.  I find it funny people forget that Russell Wilson played for BB.

We're entering a new category....conspiracy theories in the future.

All you people that are tight with Storey should call him up and let him know your thoughts.

WPWells

I'll text him right now and remind him how excited I am he's coming up here. Thanks for telling me

Lionheart88

Quote from: ATU on September 14, 2014, 08:36:53 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on September 13, 2014, 11:21:00 pm
Quote from: ATU on September 13, 2014, 08:49:41 pm
A win is a win but please tell me Storey does not want to hand the ball off 60 times.I would go some where who throws the ball.

Ignorant.

Why throw when you are gashing a team and whipping their defense?

Plus what prolific WR or WRs would brandon Allen be throwing to in a wide open spread attack? Tell me that.
I no why the hogs ran the ball it was working.And Allen was overthrowing on most plays .they are not going to run the ball on some of the teams coming up.
Allen was handing off on most plays.  Even if you look at only the passes, he was 6 of 12, so he couldn't have overthrown more than half his passes.  So no, he wasn't overthrowing on most plays, or even most passing plays.  The rest of your post might as well say "the sky is blue, and it got cool this weekend, and Halloween's next month" because all of that is obvious.

bdubyab60

I don't care who the QB is. As long as he isn't turning the ball over and leads the Hogs to some wins thats who needs to be in there.

Hoghead

September 14, 2014, 11:51:48 pm #655 Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 01:12:37 am by Hoghead
Quote from: AirWarren on September 14, 2014, 04:42:27 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on September 14, 2014, 03:42:48 am
Quote from: AirWarren on September 13, 2014, 05:16:01 pm
It isn't sexy but its how you beat a passing attack. Keep them on the sideline.

CHS. THE MOUTHBREATHERS like FD, suckatus, and hoghead only appear when we are losing. Plus they are probably tuned into Asu getting pistol whipped by my canes. Or crying over the petrino loss today.
I'll take the bait.....Arkansas beat a gluebag Texas Tech squad. Congrats ! Didn't UCA give these masked marvels of the panhandle a scare of a game ? Heck Henderson St. beat Nicholls St. tonight. WOO PIG SOOIE !   They won a game on the road in Lubbock as they usually do there.

What do you want? Beat the glue bag or lose to the glue bag?
That is the problem AW. Just as sure as they can beat TTU, the Hogs can lose to the likes of mediocre Glue bags like Mississippi St. with ease or Ole Miss. It like beating Lake Village, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BEAT LAKE VILLAGE. Now show me something and beat WARREN or in their case ALABAMA in a good year. I can remember years ago when Arkansas was a legit top 10 program. Times have changed and the young Hog Fans have never seen but a scratch of the Hogs being legit.

Rikitikitavi

Quote from: B.G. on September 14, 2014, 10:05:24 pm
The best will play.  I find it funny people forget that Russell Wilson played for BB.

All you people that are tight with Storey should call him up and let him know your thoughts.
No conspiracy theory, Bobby Allen is on the staff.

Hoghead

Quote from: Rikitikitavi on September 15, 2014, 12:24:54 am

A gift horse of a QB named Russell Wilson landed in BB's lap. He chose Wisconsin after being railroaded at NCSU by a new coach. He was a starter at NCSU and the new coach frowned on him playing AA Baseball in the spring and missing spring practice.

mack

Quote from: Hoghead on September 15, 2014, 01:09:03 am

A gift horse of a QB named Russell Wilson landed in BB's lap. He chose Wisconsin after being railroaded at NCSU by a new coach. He was a starter at NCSU and the new coach frowned on him playing AA Baseball in the spring and missing spring practice.

BB was successful before he got Wilson....

bdubyab60

We lose, people complain. We win, people complain. Quit being so stinking pessimistic and enjoy the darn win.

Hoghead

Quote from: mack on September 15, 2014, 01:35:07 pm
Quote from: Hoghead on September 15, 2014, 01:09:03 am

BB was successful before he got Wilson....
Merely pointing out the fact Wilson was not recruited to Wisconsin as pertaining to the post. Yes BB won in the Weak 10.

Suzuki Libation Nation

Is it true though that Bielema is trying to get Shane Storey to come out of his principal job at Charleston and accept a position on the Hogs staff, which helps ensure that Ty will be coming to the Hill?

ricepig

Quote from: Suzuki Libation Nation on September 15, 2014, 04:50:46 pm

Is it true though that Bielema is trying to get Shane Storey to come out of his principal job at Charleston and accept a position on the Hogs staff, which helps ensure that Ty will be coming to the Hill?

I've heard they are going to make Gearhart retire, and name Storey as Chancellor.....

AirWarren

Gruden will be Chancellor. What are you talking about RP?

Lionheart88

Might pull Superintendent Gragg from Dumas too.  I'm sure they could find a spot for him.

blue4hire

Quote from: bleudog on September 14, 2014, 08:24:10 am
Massey projections after week #3:

These folks are slightly more optimistic:

That bottom projection is jacked-up.  How is Georgia and LSU in the 5 easiest while Mizzou is among the 5 toughest? And, why is Mississippi St. on both the hardest and easiest games remaining list?

ricepig

Quote from: AirWarren on September 15, 2014, 04:57:21 pm

I don't know, slipping up I guess, Gruden can be whatever he wants to be.

AirWarren

Quote from: ricepig on September 15, 2014, 06:04:35 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on September 15, 2014, 04:57:21 pm

I don't know, slipping up I guess, Gruden can be whatever he wants to be.

I saw him on tv with a red tie. Rumor has it...per Guv...that that is a direct indication of him being hired onto the hog staff.

Hoghead

Recruiting Tip to the Hogs. Rashad Louie, 6-2  4.5 Forty, 215 lb QB from Shades Valley High in B'ham Alabama. Sign this kid or you'll be watching him beat you.

bleudog

September 15, 2014, 07:08:45 pm #669 Last Edit: September 15, 2014, 07:32:11 pm by bleudog
Quote from: blue4hire on September 15, 2014, 05:29:55 pm
That bottom projection is jacked-up.  How is Georgia and LSU in the 5 easiest while Mizzou is among the 5 toughest? And, why is Mississippi St. on both the hardest and easiest games remaining list?

Can't speak to their rankings, but the MSU question is math:  9 known games left = 4 hardest teams + 4 easiest teams + 1 team that appears on both list because they're two lists of five.

ricepig

Quote from: Hoghead on September 15, 2014, 06:36:11 pm
Recruiting Tip to the Hogs. Rashad Louie, 6-2  4.5 Forty, 215 lb QB from Shades Valley High in B'ham Alabama. Sign this kid or you'll be watching him beat you.

I don't think we have South Alabama on our schedule, did you mean this for ASU?

http://247sports.com/Player/Rashad-Louie-55069

Lionheart88

If he's really that good, do you honestly believe that the Hogs are going to be able to go into Alabama and beat both the Crimson Elephant Tide and the War Tiger Eagles for him?

Never mind he fact that your stats don't line up with those rice linked from 24/7 Sports.

Valleysports

bleudog

Had a good game Saturday.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/preps/10265144-123/rashad-louie-shades-valley-runs

Hoghead

Quote from: bleudog on September 15, 2014, 09:13:36 pm

Had a good game Saturday.

http://theadvocate.com/sports/preps/10265144-123/rashad-louie-shades-valley-runs

They need a guy like this at QB. But UA has enough Qb's no need to offer him I guess. He's a good one !!!!

Locutus

Good win for the hogs on Saturday, sorry I couldn't comment. I was imprisoned for my constitutionally protected right to free speech, except when it differs from others. Anyway, hogs should win again this Saturday, and gain a lot of momentum going to play the Aggies in Big D.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Locutus on September 16, 2014, 04:56:58 pm
Good win for the hogs on Saturday, sorry I couldn't comment. I was imprisoned for my constitutionally protected right to free speech, except when it differs from others. Anyway, hogs should win again this Saturday, and gain a lot of momentum going to play the Aggies in Big D.
The government took your rights away, did it?  Best hire a good lawyer.

Locutus

Nope, not the government, and I don't need another lawyer.

Brian G

I am the gov't!

Take my advice and don't even moan about moderation in any shape, manner or form.

Moonshiner

Quote from: B.G. on September 16, 2014, 05:57:58 pm
I am the gov't!

Take my advice and don't even moan about moderation in any shape, manner or form.

That's gotta be my favorite post of the year.
"I am the Gov't!"
Love it  ;D

fastdrop

I am the gov't!

That is a scary thought....

Lionheart88

Quote from: Locutus on September 16, 2014, 05:28:14 pm
If it's not the government, you have no First Amendment rights.  The First Amendment protects you from government infringement on your rights.  On the other hand if you were, let's say, posting on an Internet forum, you agree when signing up for an account to follow the site's rules.  Should you then violate said rules, your First Amendment rights offer you no protection against retribution from the site's owners or their duly-appointed representatives (moderators, for example).

ricepig

I am the gov't!

You're Guv???

Valleysports

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 16, 2014, 07:10:09 pm
Quote from: Locutus on September 16, 2014, 05:28:14 pm
If it's not the government, you have no First Amendment rights.  The First Amendment protects you from government infringement on your rights.  On the other hand if you were, let's say, posting on an Internet forum, you agree when signing up for an account to follow the site's rules.  Should you then violate said rules, your First Amendment rights offer you no protection against retribution from the site's owners or their duly-appointed representatives (moderators, for example).

You are that suck up coworker, I can't stand, aren't you?

Lionheart88

No, I'd tell the boss the same.  I'm just annoyingly pedantic.  Even to myself sometimes.

Big Fan

AirWarren

Boo. Hoo.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Big Fan on September 16, 2014, 09:06:18 pm
Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 16, 2014, 08:03:00 pm
I'm just annoyingly pedantic.
Most refer to this as anal.
You might have noticed how I'm not most people.  lol

Locutus

Anyway and whatever, the hogs can't afford a let down and allow NIU to hang around. They need to put them away early and let the upperclassmen get off the field and let the young guys get some extra reps.

Lionheart88

I think we can all agree with that.

Moonshiner

Wow, this thread has lost its steam. Nothing to gripe about since we've won 2 in a row. Hope we can make it 3

Uncle Ivan

WHY IS EAST CAROLINA STILL ON MY TV

HorseFeathers

Game is on espn 2 or on the watchespn app for those that are still yelling at the tv about east carolina lol

Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

21-0 nearing the end of the first against a good NIU team
The O line is just  too much

Valleysports

AirWarren

Screw the miss schools. Bring them on.

Valleysports

AirWarren

Funny all the mouth breathing negative nancy boys are no where to be found again tonight.

bdubyab60

If Allen can make throws like he did tonight we can cause some people some problems. He doesn't have to be great.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas