• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NLR @ Fayetteville Week 2

Started by NLR4Eva, July 02, 2014, 09:12:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

After a Fayetteville fumble NLR will have it first and goal at the 7

WPWells

Touchdown NLR on 4th and goal. 14-7 Fayetteville

spurrr

WPWells

NLR can't stop O'Grady. Can't wait for him to be a Hog

WPWells

Touchdown Fayetteville. 21-7 with 2:47 left in the first half

WPWells

Touchdown NLR

Then on the ensuing kickoff Fayetteville fumbled and NLR returned it for a touchdown. 21-21

spurrr

WPWells

This is the NLR-Fayetteville thread. I'm trying to post updates in both but got sidetracked before posting in the other

spurrr

Not directed at you my post was wrong

WPWells

WPWells

NLR returns a fumble for a touchdown. XP blocked. 27-21 NLR

Baitshop

43-33 PurpleDogs....wow, I am surprised!!

Brian G

Quote from: Baitshop on September 12, 2014, 10:00:33 pm
43-33 PurpleDogs....wow, I am surprised!!
Trick play pass from O'Grady for the late go ahead TD.

WPWells

Heck of a game. Not seeing anyone else but just score watching, I'd say these are the top two teams in the state. Both Arkansas commits were VERY impressive

DerekOxford

DerekOxford

Luke Rapert was a force on the ground tonight and Terrance Rock is going to be special. Once Fayetteville gets pass blocking down, watch out.

CathywithaC

Same ole' Bolding.  He can sell the heck out of a shiny car--don't mean it'll get you where you want to go.

Razorback Red

I will be shocked if we don't see this game again in Dec.  Unless Conway and Bville improve a lot, I don't see them beating these 2. 

NLR4Eva

Quote from: CathywithaC on September 13, 2014, 10:27:42 am
Same ole' Bolding.  He can sell the heck out of a shiny car--don't mean it'll get you where you want to go.

You win some, you lose some.

wildcatcop

My thoughts (or fears):
1. Without Fayetteville turnovers we don't put up much offensively against what has been called a "soft" defense. We only scored 17 against Catholic and they just got destroyed by Cabot.
2. If Fayetteville ran all over us how in the world will we stop Cabot?
3. Last years O line and defense were SIGNIFICANTLY better which makes me happy the 7A is truly weak this year!
4. Quoting Coach Buzzkill "we beat ourselves and the KIDS have to own that". No coach, you have to own that!!! Be the magnificent leader you're claimed as or I doubt we will make to the semis for the 5th time in 6 years. YOU are responsible for the players so man up and don't hang them out to dry! Pathetic loyalty which seems to run in his bloodline.

WPWells

I was impressed with the discipline of NLR. I expected them to have athletes out the door (which they did) but I was more impressed with how disciplined they were. It seemed like they just wore down late, but for the first three quarters they dominated the line of scrimmage

ricepig

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on September 13, 2014, 12:36:57 pm
I was impressed with the discipline of NLR. I expected them to have athletes out the door (which they did) but I was more impressed with how disciplined they were. It seemed like they just wore down late, but for the first three quarters they dominated the line of scrimmage

Didn't Fay run for a ton of yards?

WPWells

Almost all in the fourth quarter

mack

NLR fans are Strange lot....  You can't really tell if any of us are really fans or not...

CathywithaC

You can be a fan and be a realist.  Don't have to drink the KoolAid 24/7 to be a fan.  I just wish Bolding would follow the example set by Fimple and Rice and not hang the banners until they are won.

Brian G

Bolding's post game comments where insulting to his team and the opposition. 

I really don't know why he's so highly though of....

CathywithaC

Quote from: B.G. on September 13, 2014, 03:26:16 pm

he's not that highly thought of in all corners, but there are those who blindly follow.  I don't happen to be a koolaid drinker.

Brian G

Quote from: CathywithaC on September 13, 2014, 03:28:38 pm

he's not that highly thought of in all corners, but there are those who blindly follow.  I don't happen to be a koolaid drinker.
Truthfully, I've just started really paying attention to him based off the hoopla and it misses the mark.

FanOnTheHill

Just thought I'd mention that in over 80 snaps there was not one cut block by Fayetteville's online.

mack

That's some good kool aid! 

In my book , Bolding got his first strike with that BS quote in the paper.  Still BG, Patton gave a left handed compliment too though.  They benefitted from three fumbles.  We might have scored on a couple of those. 

FanOnTheHill

I was very sad to see Bolding's comments regarding his players.  Thought it was classless.   My son plays for Fayetteville and he told me on the field and following the game the players from NLR were straight up good guys. Classy and although unhappy with the result of the game, very graceful in defeat.  From what I saw, I couldn't agree more. 

Hoggy

Quote from: FanOnTheHill on September 14, 2014, 02:35:52 pm
I was very sad to see Bolding's comments regarding his players.  Thought it was classless.   My son plays for Fayetteville and he told me on the field and following the game the players from NLR were straight up good guys. Classy and although unhappy with the result of the game, very graceful in defeat.  From what I saw, I couldn't agree more.
Maybe thats why they got beat.  You need some thugs on defense.  My buddy sat on the NLR side.  He coached for years and knows the game.  He said NLR' coach had to be one of the worst he has seen

Baitshop

Quote from: B.G. on September 13, 2014, 04:11:09 pm
Quote from: CathywithaC on September 13, 2014, 03:28:38 pm

Truthfully, I've just started really paying attention to him based off the hoopla and it misses the mark.

He and Durrell must share the same publicist...

Coach Alley

Bolding is the Lane Kiffin of Arkansas HS football.

NLR4Eva

Quote from: Hoggy on September 14, 2014, 09:23:03 pm
Maybe thats why they got beat.  You need some thugs on defense.  My buddy sat on the NLR side.  He coached for years and knows the game.  He said NLR' coach had to be one of the worst he has seen

Yes, how DARE we show sportsmanship?!?!

mack

Quote from: NLR4Eva on September 15, 2014, 07:42:08 am
Quote from: Hoggy on September 14, 2014, 09:23:03 pm

Yes, how DARE we show sportsmanship?!?!

Good point 4Eva.  You may be too young to remember, but not that many years ago we were the least disciplined, most personal fouling, trash talking, at times questionable sportsmanship team around.  It was embarassing.  None of those coaches were taken to task like a couple of of our fans do Bolding.  He has improved things with our program that no other coach in recent memory has done.   Unfortunately, he hasn't been able to get a state championship.  Maybe this year will be his year.  I am bothered by his post-game comments though.  That was not appropriate.  It was a slap at Fayetteville, but worse, throwing his own kids under the bus.

Hoggy

I've seen a lot of coaches good at discipline but stink as coaches.  Part of coaching is scheming and developing QBs

mack

Quote from: Hoggy on September 15, 2014, 08:41:28 am
I've seen a lot of coaches good at discipline but stink as coaches.  Part of coaching is scheming and developing QBs

Well, if you can't have both, and I know its possible if you get lucky in hiring the right one, I'd rather have discipline and sportsmanship than schemes and QB development.  But that's just me.

Hoggy

Quote from: mack on September 15, 2014, 09:26:47 am
Quote from: Hoggy on September 15, 2014, 08:41:28 am

Well, if you can't have both, and I know its possible if you get lucky in hiring the right one, I'd rather have discipline and sportsmanship than schemes and QB development.  But that's just me.
True

FanOnTheHill

My main point is there should be what you say to your team in the locker room and what you say about your team to the media.  This was the most disciplined NLR team I've seen and speaking out like he did is the fastest way to lose the locker room.

mack

Quote from: FanOnTheHill on September 15, 2014, 07:44:58 pm
My main point is there should be what you say to your team in the locker room and what you say about your team to the media.  This was the most disciplined NLR team I've seen and speaking out like he did is the fastest way to lose the locker room.

I could not agree more! 

bighorn7

Mack,  I love reading your comments.  You're right on about the discipline.  NLR used to be the most talented and undisciplined team in the state and you have to give Bolding credit for cleaning that up.  But other than that, I've always thought the best Bolding was at Pine Bluff.  And that's especially true when it comes to fundamentals and managing the game.  Just my opinion.

All that said, NLR is not a joke anymore, and I know that greatly pleases the alumni.  Still, the fact that NLR did not win the championship two years ago simply amazes me.  That may be the most talented team top to bottom that I've ever seen in Arkansas, even better than J.A. Fair in the late 90's.

mack

Quote from: bighorn7 on September 15, 2014, 08:49:31 pm
Mack,  I love reading your comments.  You're right on about the discipline.  NLR used to be the most talented and undisciplined team in the state and you have to give Bolding credit for cleaning that up.  But other than that, I've always thought the best Bolding was at Pine Bluff.  And that's especially true when it comes to fundamentals and managing the game.  Just my opinion.

All that said, NLR is not a joke anymore, and I know that greatly pleases the alumni.  Still, the fact that NLR did not win the championship two years ago simply amazes me.  That may be the most talented team top to bottom that I've ever seen in Arkansas, even better than J.A. Fair in the late 90's.

Appreciate the kind words.  I didn't know you were on here mom. :-)  Seriously,  I want us to win in the worst way,,, but do it the right way.  Sounds like a contradiction, huh.....

Two years ago, Fayetteville used a fake injury to slow the clock [was Gus coaching then?], then kicked a college worthy field goal to beat us.  We probably would have won the state championship if they'd missed it.  I just can't get on the 'Bolding is the worst coach to ever walk the halls of NLR' bus.  He's not.
Anyway, it's not my job to say he needs to stay or go.  That's coach Davis' job as athletic director.  If he's happy with the job Bolding's doing, I'm in his court.  Bolding does need to use that filter between his brain and mouth a bit better.........

Locutus

I'm sure the Fayetteville quarterback hopes he doesn't have to play NLR again this year.

Hoggy

Quote from: bighorn7 on September 15, 2014, 08:49:31 pm

what has happened to Fair?

Hoggy

Quote from: Locutus on September 16, 2014, 08:11:08 am
I'm sure the Fayetteville quarterback hopes he doesn't have to play NLR again this year.
why? 

Locutus

NLR sacked the crap out of him over and over.

Hoggy

Quote from: Locutus on September 16, 2014, 08:37:06 am
NLR sacked the crap out of him over and over.
oh.  I heard fayetteville QB was really good.  No time to throw?

Locutus

Not very much, but NLR couldn't stop the run.

Hoggy

Quote from: Locutus on September 16, 2014, 09:09:29 am
Not very much, but NLR couldn't stop the run.
how can the QB have no time but they can't stop the run?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas