• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Best Super Bowl Commercials

Started by -Painted Fan-, February 05, 2006, 05:49:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

-Painted Fan-

The Super Bowl is known for some of the best, most inventive, and expensive commercials to be shown on television.  I know it's early (midway through the 1st quarter right now), but what are your favs.
As of now, my pick goes to the "Magic Fridge" Bud Light commercial.
Burger King was inventive, and a little weird (the women dressed in the "toppings dresses" piling on each other as the final "bun dress" comes down).
The Fed Ex caveman one was great, as was the Bud bear one.

SandLizard04

"That killed him."

The Bud Light bear one was hilarious, too.

-Painted Fan-

February 05, 2006, 06:16:56 pm #2 Last Edit: February 05, 2006, 06:22:43 pm by -Painted Fan-
Check that.  The Bud "streaker" one is hilarious.
"I didn't need to see that one."
So far, Bud has owned the commercials.
Ameriquest one was great also.

WCD

The Bud commercial with the bear was the funniest with the Magic Frig next. I liked the chimp commercial also.

Stones are terrible and I grew up with them. Hmmm I never liked them in the 60's so I guess I am consistent.
Wildcat_Dad ;D

Infamous

"We bow down to the Magic Fridge."

:D

McGeheeOWLgirl

I liked the Sprint one. "Crime deterrent"...lol.  The commericals are not near as good this year as they usually are! What's up with that?

CF_fan_#1

My favorite was the Budweiser horse one when the baby pulled the cart and the big horse was pushing it from behind.

pioneerbasketball

Streaker and the magic refrigerator.

Blue Collar

Whenever the the guy tackled girl in the football Jersey. And then later on tackled the guy. It was funny. Overall i didn't see any commerical that really stuck out or was mostly talked one.

CF_fan_#1

I noticed that there weren't too many new commercials, there were a few, but not like usual.

RD™

HA_Fan

The woman on the airplane.  "Don't judge too quickly."

Father Guido

Magic Fridge, then the woman in the guys lap in the plane, "don't judge too quickly".  Also the one with the Clydesdale colt "pulling" the wagon.

Bob Lablaw

February 06, 2006, 12:15:00 am #13 Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 12:24:01 am by RMA
Quote from: Father Guido on February 05, 2006, 10:54:24 pm
then the woman in the guys lap in the plane, "don't judge too quickly".

The fly one was better.........I thought there was some really funny ones this year.

Guetz

February 06, 2006, 04:03:47 am #15 Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 04:11:54 am by Guetz
My favorite was the FedEx commercial with the cavemen.  I died laughing. 

The "Don't judge too quickly" commercials for Ameriquest were also very interesting, particularly the one on the airplane.  When I laughed at the other one, the one with the zapped fly, I got a harsh comment about how that wasn't funny.... tried to explain to no avail that it was the situational irony that provoked my response.

Guys, hurry up, the magic fridge is back!  Magic fridge, magic fridge, magic fridge!  ROFLMAO

The ads are all collected here at IFILM, listed alphabetically and viewable with a mouse click.

WCD

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on February 05, 2006, 10:44:22 pm
The woman on the airplane. "Don't judge too quickly."

Both Ameriquest were excellent. I would rate them a tie for the best... along with the Magic Fridge

Wildcat_Dad ;D

chevy lover

Magic Fridge and the FedEX cavemen for sure. Yes, there were not that many new ones like there usually is?

Guetz

Quote from: Neo on February 06, 2006, 07:29:01 am
Magic Fridge and the FedEX cavemen for sure. Yes, there were not that many new ones like there usually is?

Yeah, I agree the quantity seems to be off but I think that the quality and creativity have improved tremendously, helped along by liberal doses of CGI and humor.

What I like is that many of the ads nowdays hook you from the start with something bizarre or twisted but they don't let you know what they are advertising until the end.  You are almost forced to watch due to the suspense.  Sort of micro-short story in 15 - 30 seconds.  The best ads are serials and seek to make you react, typically with laughter but sometimes with a groan.

-Painted Fan-

I liked the "Lost" commercial that used the old video of the late Robert Palmer.
"Might as well face it you're addicted to LOST".

And I see that Michael J. Fox and Tom Selleck are joining Boston Legal.
It's good to see Michael back on the screen.
Keep up the fight.

I wonder how much it cost to use Shaq, Sugar Ray, etc. in the Desperate Housewives ads?

Bob Lablaw

Quote from: Guetz on February 06, 2006, 04:03:47 am
When I laughed at the other one, the one with the zapped fly, I got a harsh comment about how that wasn't funny.... tried to explain to no avail that it was the situational irony that provoked my response.

How is that not funny? It was hilarious. You partyin with a bunch of party poopers you are.

Guetz

February 06, 2006, 05:15:17 pm #21 Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 05:23:41 pm by Guetz
Quote from: RMA on February 06, 2006, 04:47:18 pm
When I laughed at the other one, the one with the zapped fly, I got a harsh comment about how that wasn't funny.... tried to explain to no avail that it was the situational irony that provoked my response.

How is that not funny? It was hilarious. You partyin with a bunch of party poopers you are.

I thought so too! 

However, some folks have too much up close and personal experience with folks dying in hospitals and don't quite see the humor in it, instead empathizing with the family members standing in the doorway.

Bob Lablaw

Quote from: Guetz on February 06, 2006, 05:15:17 pm
Quote from: RMA on February 06, 2006, 04:47:18 pm

I thought so too!

However, some folks have too much up close and personal experience with folks dying in hospitals and don't quite see the humor in it, instead empathizing with the family members standing in the doorway.

Humor about such things is good in my opinion.

Bob Lablaw

Guetz

Quote from: RMA on February 06, 2006, 06:14:02 pm
Here's a better site for the commercials:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5305580

The FoxSports site is a bit easier to use, but it does not have all the ads like the IFILM site does.  FoxSports just has the most popular ones.  I like the IFILM player, you can scroll all the ads there once you open it.

HA_Fan

The death of a fly is no laughing matter, my friend.  :)

Bob Lablaw

Quote from: HA_Fan™ on February 06, 2006, 08:05:13 pm

The death of a fly is no laughing matter, my friend. :)

lol

iou nothing_colts

My favorite was the beer comercial about the rotating fridge. ALL HAIL THE MAGIC FRIDGE. lol.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas