• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

who going to win the super bowl

Started by culito, February 02, 2006, 08:43:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

who going to win the super bowl

seahawks
12 (44.4%)
steelers
15 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 21

culito

alright who do you think will win the super bowl this weekend

culito

my predection is that the seahawks will come out with a win

culito

Texarkana_Piggie

i don't care who wins as long as it's not pittsburg

donkeyfan

ABC sports.  Talk about rolling in the dough!

amehr36

So sardishog, why dont you move this thread too????????????....

Lions84

Bob Lablaw

I think......I'm gonna go for the Steelers. I always go for the underdog, if they're not teams that I particulary like either way, but I don't know if there is an underdog this time? So Steelers it is.

Blue Collar

culito

retiredlion05

Steelers- 45

Seahawks- 21

The BUS has the game of his career.

Father Guido

WBF †

this is gonna be a nail-biter....even though there's a "heartwarming" story about bettis(no knock on him, I like him)...i pick seattle to win. They scored the most points in the regular season, and they will in this game too. Seattle 31, Pittsburg 28.

chevy lover

Good luck to both teams! Whoever wins!

HorseFeathers

Pittsburgh's D stopped the scoring machine of Indianapolis with tenacious Defense. Then went and beat the Broncos at Denver. Roethlisberger is passing with accuracy and confidence, and when that doesn't work they have the Bus and Mcgee(?) in the backfield.

Steelers 36
Seahawks 14

Bob Lablaw

Changed my mind. Goin for the SEAHAWKS!

Short and Stout

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on February 02, 2006, 09:36:08 am
i don't care who wins as long as it's not pittsburg

So I guess your for Seattle. ;) BTW, HF it is the Bus and Parker.

Short and Stout

My bad didn't realize you were talking about the FB.

Logchain20

RD™

How many Super Bowl threads will these stupid, ignorant flaming newbies with less than 300 credible post start on the Super Bowl? Give it a rest you Poindexters. ::)

Sticker

Quote from: RD™ on February 04, 2006, 06:17:32 am
How many Super Bowl threads will these stupid, ignorant flaming newbies with less than 300 credible post start on the Super Bowl? Give it a rest you Poindexters. ::)

Hey Toe Rag.   Back off!!!  Don't think you have the market on starting threads, and from reading most of your posts, the word credible is questionable.

RD™

Quote from: Sticker on February 04, 2006, 12:12:45 pm

Hey Toe Rag. Back off!!! Don't think you have the market on starting threads, and from reading most of your posts, the word credible is questionable.
Hey Fricker, play a game of hide and kill yourself.

Super Scrapper

I like ya, Sticker.   Stay in there.   I pick Pittsburg.    ;D   SS

Go Scrappers

colts52

Quote from: RD™ on February 04, 2006, 06:37:02 pm

Hey Toe Rag. Back off!!! Don't think you have the market on starting threads, and from reading most of your posts, the word credible is questionable.

wow thats a verbal threat. chill out man its a message board. you could go to jail over that post. joke or not those words will get you in trouble

amehr36

I just wanna know howcome i tried to start a thread about the SB and SARDISHOG moved it...but wont move this one.......

Steelers 20
Hawks 14

RD™

Quote from: chuck norris' tears cure cancer to bad he never cries on February 04, 2006, 07:19:58 pm

wow thats a verbal threat. chill out man its a message board. you could go to jail over that post. joke or not those words will get you in trouble
Do the words FO mean anything to you?

sayger2010

steelers by 14 no comprtition there s no way the seahawks with there one player team will beat the steelers shaun alexander can not beat the steelers alone

Sticker

Quote from: RD™ on February 04, 2006, 08:00:01 pm
Quote from: chuck norris' tears cure cancer to bad he never cries on February 04, 2006, 07:19:58 pm

Absolutely soldier boy.  Do the words Du Dit mean anything to you.  I was playing hide and seek in Viet Nam way before you were here so don't threaten me, boy.  I enjoy reading most of the posts on Fearless Friday and for the most part they are fairly sane.  You have a problem in that if someone does not agree with you, or plays your game, you pitch a fit.  To heck with you. 

Super Scrapper

Quote from: amehr36 on February 02, 2006, 01:29:58 pm
So sardishog, why dont you move this thread too????????????....

He would rathere torment you.    ;D  SS

Go Scrappers

Short and Stout

RD, you have to be the funniest person alive when you get mad. I was wondering does it take you time to think of these things or do they just come to you?

Bob Lablaw

Quote from: Short and Stout on February 04, 2006, 09:32:02 pm

RD, you have to be the funniest person alive when you get mad. I was wondering does it take you time to think of these things or do they just come to you?

How could lame comebacks like those, take time?

Bob Lablaw

Quote from: amehr36 on February 04, 2006, 07:46:02 pm
I just wanna know howcome i tried to start a thread about the SB and SARDISHOG moved it...but wont move this one.......

Steelers 20
Hawks 14

Nobody likes you, it's a conspiracy  ;).................pretty close on that score. Good job.

Guetz

Three questionable calls gave the Steelers that game.  Roethlisberger's questionable touchdown and the two Sea Hawk's called back passes.  Neither team played their best, but that regardless, IMO the officiating was very poor and determined the outcome of the game.

donkeyfan

I said the exact same thing (well almost) at work and they said I was crazy.  I didn't care who won, but it looked like the Refs favored the Steelers to me.  Still don't care who won.

WCD

I'll guess Steelers 21   Seahawks 10   lol ;) :)

Wildcat_Dad ;D

retiredlion05

Quote from: Guetz on February 06, 2006, 04:32:41 am
Three questionable calls gave the Steelers that game. Roethlisberger's questionable touchdown and the two Sea Hawk's called back passes. Neither team played their best, but that regardless, IMO the officiating was very poor and determined the outcome of the game.

I disagree!  Yeah there were some QUESTIONABLE calls but no BAD calls that gave the game to the Steelers.  The holding call on the Seahawks' pass inside the 1 yard line wasn't a bad call, there was clearly holding I saw it along with everyone else I watched the game with.  The Big Ben touchdown was very questionable but they reviewed it and it still wasn't overturned so I've got to agree with the refs there also.  All in all, it was truly a good game and a hard fought one.  I'm glad to see the Bus retire on top with his final stop being the hall of fame.

Super Scrapper

Three questionable calls gave the Steelers that game. Roethlisberger's questionable touchdown and the two Sea Hawk's called back passes. Neither team played their best, but that regardless, IMO the officiating was very poor and determined the outcome of the game.

I have to disagree on the bad calls especially the Big Ben touchdown.  On the replay it looked as if he broke

the plain in the air before falling to the ground.  He was pushed back and then pushed the ball forward but

he had already scored by that time.   The other plays were also shown as good calls on replay.   The Seahawks

should have won this game but the officials did not take it away from them.   They blew it with 2 missed field

goals and bad play calling and bad time management.   The Seahawks lost this game all by themselves.   They

were playing well enough to beat the Steelers and managed to give it away.  IMO  :)  SS

Go Scrappers

Guetz

February 06, 2006, 03:33:08 pm #38 Last Edit: February 06, 2006, 03:38:30 pm by Guetz
I agree that the Seahawks blew it at some key points; the two missed field goals, bad plays, bad timing and I will add dropped passes by Stevens.  It could have made the difference since at most times in the first three quarters their play seemed very good.  But, come on, the two offenses that called back their two critical passes were not much different than is seen on virtually every play.  Later in the game I saw a "push off" by a receiver that was even more blatant and it was not called, but the refs had to have seen it.... I wish that I could remember the exact play. 

I will concede that even with multiple camera angles, the Roethlisberger touchdown was HIGHLY subjective as to crossing the plane before he hit the ground.  If he did, it was by something less than half an inch and so momentary as to be judged differently by any number of other refs that reviewed it.  On that day, at that time he got lucky in the call, as did the Steelers for it changed the momentum for the rest of the game.

I say all this and I was rooting for the Steelers since they are one of my favorite teams (I was a teenager when they were winning their previous four Super Bowls).  IMO, the game was a lot closer than this professional score would indicate with the Steelers not playing very well and the Sea Hawks playing well but making some critical mistakes at critical junctures, particularly in the fourth quarter when it was crunch time and they needed to get things turned around.  The Steeler offense in the first quarter looked like it was still back at the hotel, their head was definitely not in the game.  They improved but they still did not look as precise as the Sea Hawks.

retiredlion05

Quote from: Guetz on February 06, 2006, 03:33:08 pm
I agree that the Seahawks blew it at some key points; the two missed field goals, bad plays, bad timing and I will add dropped passes by Stevens. It could have made the difference since at most times in the first three quarters their play seemed very good. But, come on, the two offenses that called back their two critical passes were not much different than is seen on virtually every play. Later in the game I saw a "push off" by a receiver that was even more blatant and it was not called, but the refs had to have seen it.... I wish that I could remember the exact play.

I will concede that even with multiple camera angles, the Roethlisberger touchdown was HIGHLY subjective as to crossing the plane before he hit the ground. If he did, it was by something less than half an inch and so momentary as to be judged differently by any number of other refs that reviewed it. On that day, at that time he got lucky in the call, as did the Steelers for it changed the momentum for the rest of the game.

Luck has/had nothing to do with it, Big Ben just wanted it more!

Guetz

Quote from: retiredlion05 on February 06, 2006, 03:36:37 pm
Luck has/had nothing to do with it, Big Ben just wanted it more!

He certainly did.

donkeyfan

Quote from: retiredlion05 on February 06, 2006, 02:06:46 pm

I disagree! Yeah there were some QUESTIONABLE calls but no BAD calls that gave the game to the Steelers. The holding call on the Seahawks' pass inside the 1 yard line wasn't a bad call, there was clearly holding I saw it along with everyone else I watched the game with. The Big Ben touchdown was very questionable but they reviewed it and it still wasn't overturned so I've got to agree with the refs there also. All in all, it was truly a good game and a hard fought one. I'm glad to see the Bus retire on top with his final stop being the hall of fame.

I'll give you the Big Ben touchdown, but EVERYONE didn't see those other calls the way you did.  The broadcasters said there wasn't holding.  The idiots (who know way more about sports than I do) on ESPN couldn't agree among themselves on the offensive interference call.  At best, the refs just gave us something to argue about.  You know the refs did a good job when nobody talks about how they reffed the game.  Not so here- they stunk it up! 

Bob Lablaw

I wanted the Seahawks to win, but the game was kinda ruined for me. A couple of the guys insisted on recording the whole game on the DVR so we could go to church and then come back and not miss anything. So when the game was actually over, we were still in halftime. But then one of my friends called somebody to see who won the game and kinda just blurted it out, so it just blew it for us.

retiredlion05

That sucks!  It was a good game all the way until the end where the Seahawks shot themselves in the foot!

amehr36

The Roethlisburger TD counted by half an inch (like someone else said).  The TD called back on the "push off" shouldnt have been called, but by rule you cant argue the call.  D-Jack clearly pushed the guy with his right arm (although not by much).   The thing i disagree with is the holding call that took the other TD back.  I also didnt like how the refs handled Ben's TD or how they called that one TD back but didnt call more blatant pushes (as someone else said again).  I do think the Seahawks screwed themselves over at least as much as the officials did though.  6 points were left out there, and there clock management sucked.  I was for the Steelers so im happy they won, but the game kinda lacked something....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas