• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

State Championship Games Determined

Started by jblackmon014, March 10, 2015, 07:28:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do y'all think will take it all? Pick one girl team and one boy team.

Pulaski Academy (Girls)
16 (59.3%)
Hot Springs (Girls)
8 (29.6%)
LR McClellan (Boys)
16 (59.3%)
Maumelle (Boys)
10 (37%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: March 12, 2015, 07:42:50 pm

jblackmon014

March 10, 2015, 07:28:25 pm Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:30:25 pm by jblackmon014
Girls
Pulaski Academy vs. Hot Springs

Boys
McClellan vs. Maumelle

Go Postal

March 10, 2015, 07:34:01 pm #1 Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:36:21 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: jblackmon014 on March 10, 2015, 07:28:25 pm
Girls
PA vs. Hot Springs

Boys
McClellan vs. Maumelle
jblackmon, Start a poll on who will win.  Go back and modify your original post and add a poll.  List each girls team and list each boys team.  Set it so that voters can have two votes, one for a girls team and one for a boys team.  Thanks.

jblackmon014

March 10, 2015, 07:44:43 pm #2 Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 07:49:39 pm by jblackmon014
There you go. @GoPostal as a Hot Springs High Alumni (I played last year,  lost by 2 to Harrison in quarterfinals) I am upset that my boys couldn't quite make it to the championship this year but also very proud for what all they accomplished this season. I know how they are feeling. But I am happy for the Lady Trojans and hope they take it all.

Go Postal

March 10, 2015, 08:33:31 pm #3 Last Edit: March 10, 2015, 08:39:22 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: jblackmon014 on March 10, 2015, 07:44:43 pm
There you go. @GoPostal as a Hot Springs High Alumni (I played last year,  lost by 2 to Harrison in quarterfinals) I am upset that my boys couldn't quite make it to the championship this year but also very proud for what all they accomplished this season. I know how they are feeling. But I am happy for the Lady Trojans and hope they take it all.
Thanks.  I thought that HS has done very well this year also.  I was pulling for HS to show that the South was still a force to be reckoned with.  (of course as a West fan, I was rooting for Maumelle in the semis ;) )  Heck, I still remember last year the South conference soccer boys, had for the 1st time, three South teams and one West team (Harrison) in the semis.  South beat South, South beat West, South beat South in the Championship game.  Never overlook the South in any sport...

Go Postal

March 10, 2015, 08:35:43 pm #4 Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 07:05:19 pm by Go Postal
Final Four results..

Girls:
C1 Pulaski Academy won by 4 against E1 Greene Co Tech.
S1 Hot Springs won by 3 against W1 Farmington.

Boys:
C1 McClellan won by 15 against C4 LR Fair.
W1 Maumelle won by 2 against S1 Hot Springs.

Some interesting observations...
Central boys/girls conference teams are in the finals.

All teams had 1st conference seeds playing in the semis with the exception of C4 LR Fair boys team.

Central had 3 teams in the semis, West/South each had 2 teams in the semis and East had 1 team in the semis.  This is a great accomplishment for all 4 conferences having someone in the Final Four!

All 1st seed vs 1st seed teams won by 4 or less to go to Finals.  Very competitive.

Now the only question that remains is what boys or girls team will win, not only the Championship, but also bragging rights for their conference?

Vote in the poll above.  May the better boys/girls team win!

Comments and insights for the Championship games should be directed below...

Marblehog

Hot springs boys last shot to win it all will be next year.  Then it's back to reality.  Don't know much about PA girls.  Would
Ike to see h.s. Girls win it

Go Postal

Tournament recap...

Boys:
C1 LR McClellan has put up some impressive points this tournament vs:  E4 seed 11, S2 seed 19, C4 seed 15 = 45 points over their opponents.  But hasn't played a 1st seed or a West team yet.

W1 Maumelle hasn't put up as many points this tournament but seems to play for the win vs:  S4 seed 23, C3 seed 2, S1 seed 2 = 27 points over their opponents.  They have played a 1st seed and a Central team already.

McClellan will probably be the favorite, but don't overlook Maumelle.  I imagine that both coaches have done their homework on the other team.  Should be a good game.

Girls:
C1 Pulaski Academy has put up points this tournament for the win vs: E4 team 8, W3 seed 13, E1 seed 4 = 25 points over their opponents. Played 4th, 3rd and 1st seed teams, But hasn't played a South team yet.

S1 Hot Springs has put up points this tournament for the win vs: W4 seed 5, E3 seed 11, W1 seed 3 = 19 points over their opponents.  Played 4th, 3rd and 1st seed teams, But hasn't played a Central team yet.

PA will probably be the favorite, but don't overlook Hot Springs with home town advantage.  Should be a good game.

No matter who is crowned State Champion or State Runner-up, remember there are 30 boys and 30 girls teams that wish they were here in the finals.

Good Luck to All Teams!

That said,
GO WEST BOYS!!!

Go Postal

I noticed that 27 members voted, so that should be 54 votes, 27 boys votes and 27 girls votes.  But I only tally 50 votes, 24 for the girls, 26 for the boys. So 3 voters didn't vote for the girls and 1 voter didn't vote for the boys.  Cmon people, this is not Florida and needing a recount.  LOL! 

You have less than 20 minutes to vote still, unless jblackmon014 extends the time...

Go Postal

March 12, 2015, 09:50:02 pm #8 Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 09:51:33 pm by Go Postal
bump for the 5A Championship game.  Is no one wanting to post their comments on this boys/girls Championship games?
Man, I have already moved to the Spring sports on who has the b**ls to beat the Goblins and Lady Goblins in 5A Soccer.  5A Harrison Baseball pending (got to beat a private School or Vilonia).  5A Track pending (need to beat Vilonia) at least. ;) But I'm still interested on West vs Central boys and South vs Central girls baskeball finals.  C'mon there has to be some posters.

I'll start,
McClellan boys are a force to be reckoned with, though haven't played a 1st seed or West team yet, but Maumelle has done that and will bite you in the hind-side.  I picked Maumelle.

PA girls have done outstanding this season for Central, some people might argue that it is a private school and that they recruit.  BS, I don't care, just beat them to prove you are better.
Hot Springs girl have done outstanding this season for the South.  They didn't sit back on their laurels, but played to win and home team advantage on this game.  I picked PA, but can be wrong.
1st seed vs 1st seed in two games.  Dang, I wish that I can go to these 5A games...

RetiredBB

Coachbanks12

I got mcClellan boys
I got Hot Springs girls

Marblehog

Quote from: Go Postal on March 12, 2015, 09:50:02 pm
bump for the 5A Championship game.  Is no one wanting to post their comments on this boys/girls Championship games?
Man, I have already moved to the Spring sports on who has the b**ls to beat the Goblins and Lady Goblins in 5A Soccer.  5A Harrison Baseball pending (got to beat a private School or Vilonia).  5A Track pending (need to beat Vilonia) at least. ;) But I'm still interested on West vs Central boys and South vs Central girls baskeball finals.  C'mon there has to be some posters.

I'll start,
McClellan boys are a force to be reckoned with, though haven't played a 1st seed or West team yet, but Maumelle has done that and will bite you in the hind-side.  I picked Maumelle.

PA girls have done outstanding this season for Central, some people might argue that it is a private school and that they recruit.  BS, I don't care, just beat them to prove you are better.
Hot Springs girl have done outstanding this season for the South.  They didn't sit back on their laurels, but played to win and home team advantage on this game.  I picked PA, but can be wrong.
1st seed vs 1st seed in two games.  Dang, I wish that I can go to these 5A games...
haha soccer?  Really?  Nobody cares and you aren't gonna beat DeQueen

Vteagle

I am saying McClellan and PA!  I am a West fan but I don't think Maumelle boys have the discipline!  PA is too loaded for HS girls!  Good luck to all 4 teams, everyone travel safe.....please be great sports about it win or lose!!!

Rayburn

I'll start,

Central Arkansas is going to claim the 5A champion regardless of who wins. Maumelle plays in the West conference, but everyone knows it's a central Arkansas team that got stuck in the west.

Go Postal

Quote from: Rayburn on March 13, 2015, 04:22:59 pm

I'll start,

Central Arkansas is going to claim the 5A champion regardless of who wins. Maumelle plays in the West conference, but everyone knows it's a central Arkansas team that got stuck in the west.
True, but I could also say that about LRCA too. ;)

Go Postal

March 13, 2015, 08:04:04 pm #15 Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 08:05:48 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Marblehog on March 13, 2015, 08:45:00 am
haha soccer?  Really?  Nobody cares and you aren't gonna beat DeQueen
Marblehog, really?  You put yourself in the "some sports fan" category and not in the "All Sports Fan" category, BUT you know about DeQueen with that comment.  Hmm...

No disrespect to you, to each their own, but don't dis another sport just because you might not understand the game.  Heck, I don't watch golf and I'm trying to get into the baseball, track and cross country, among all the other boys/girls sports that my town's teams play.  I try to be open minded on any sport.
Now if my town's teams start doing Rugby, Cricket or Hockey,  then my open mindness could be stressed.  LOL!
Anyway, back to Basketball...

hotspringshog

Quote from: Marblehog on March 11, 2015, 08:28:15 am
Hot springs boys last shot to win it all will be next year.  Then it's back to reality.  Don't know much about PA girls.  Would
Ike to see h.s. Girls win it

You must not live in Hot Springs???  You must not know Xavier Christion.  Still loaded in 2017.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas