• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Viola Vs Wonderview

Started by RaRaRi, October 19, 2018, 07:39:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RaRaRi

NewToTheLake

Viola girls win pretty big ... uh oh

Bears_94

I love it! Everyone has written off that conference except for the boys. Viola came to play and will be in finals of district with Norfork this year. Everyone wrote both those teams off. Looks like they are gonna shock all the haters this year. I need to get the popcorn. Funny not one person  mentioned Norfork or Viola for any top 10 or 20 teams. Looks like they've both been busy. Wonderview looked the worst I've seen them look tonight. Not playing together and that my friends is not the same team from Simon days.

ballmember

Big girl for viola is very tough.  Made way too many easy shots.  Viola will be to contend with.  Viola norfork mve and westside Greer's ferry appear capable of winning a bunch. Along with rural special.

softballfan22

Wonderview was without one of their seniors and probably best athlete. Not saying it would have been different, but basketball, 1 played can make a difference. She put 20 in game one.

SackAttack

Quote from: softballfan22 on October 19, 2018, 10:30:35 pm
Wonderview was without one of their seniors and probably best athlete. Not saying it would have been different, but basketball, 1 played can make a difference. She put 20 in game one.
Was she sick?? Injured?? Death in the family??

Motownsportsfan

College visit for another sport. WV missed her too. Viola is a very good team and will do well this year. The boys game was a very good game as well with WV winning down the stretch

Bigleague

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on October 20, 2018, 07:00:29 am
College visit for another sport. WV missed her too. Viola is a very good team and will do well this year. The boys game was a very good game as well with WV winning down the stretch

College visit for another sport? Can't you make those any time you want? And I didn't think wonderview was good at any other sport

Motownsportsfan

I suppose you can. The young lady plays travel softball and is planning on playing softball in college

bball2015

No she could not schedule the official visit anytime she wanted. This official weekend visit was determined by the college coaches. It was the official visit for all of 2019 softball commits. She plays travel softball.

Motownsportsfan

Well there you go. All I know is she is a 20 point scorer and leader and we missed her badly. Not to take anything away from Viola because they played a great game and are a solid team

SackAttack

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on October 20, 2018, 07:00:29 am
College visit??? No way!! So the team doesn't come first anymore! Would her parents meltdown if Richey Auruinema benched her!! Now I'm beginning to see why those folks really didn't want an established name coach! I'm gonna get my investigative team on this!! I think I'll see if my daughter can get a pass to go snow skiing with me Nd Mrs Sack over Christmas :o :o

SackAttack

Quote from: softballfan22 on October 19, 2018, 10:30:35 pm
So it was the Byers girl out?? She's by far BY FAR their best athlete! Didn't know she was a soft baller though!!

Oxford Cat

Quote from: SackAttack on October 20, 2018, 01:40:36 pm
College visit??? No way!! So the team doesn't come first anymore! Would her parents meltdown if Richey Auruinema benched her!! Now I'm beginning to see why those folks really didn't want an established name coach! I'm gonna get my investigative team on this!! I think I'll see if my daughter can get a pass to go snow skiing with me Nd Mrs Sack over Christmas :o :o
Sack you seem awful bitter about something. It's bad enough attacking Izard County's gym or Coach Brown, but a teenage girl following her dream to get her education paid for.  Lots of pent up negativity. Wonder why?

HorseFeathers

Icc's gym has been attacked on here several times....

But I can't fault a kid for chasing their dreams in playing any sport at the next level....

SackAttack

Quote from: Oxford Cat on October 20, 2018, 04:49:45 pm
Sack you seem awful bitter about something. It's bad enough attacking Izard County's gym or Coach Brown, but a teenage girl following her dream to get her education paid for.  Lots of pent up negativity. Wonder why?
No no no you got it all wrong! You Sack provides balance and dissenting viewpoints to an otherwise dead boring board where most everyone has the same yawn yoweeee opinions!! I don't hate any 18 year old girl that I know of, I don't hate Brown although I think he could keep a little better perspective for a guy that's been doing it awhile now Icc's gym can't think of many worse places to watch a game save Scotland and Guys old gyms! I hate cancer it got 3 of my grandparents both parents and my two favorite uncles! I hate fire ants! I hate my kids and grandkids being sick! I hate the wild onions growing in my yard!! I hate where society is today that makes it okay for young kids to allow commitment to their team and teammates to be superceded by the need to " chase their personal dreams"". Plenty of time for that! That whole summer travel ball stuff is a scam! Same number of kids playing college sports today as there was 25 years ago! Gotta get them out there and play 100 games a summer to get that 10% at best "free full ride scholarship" minus their ACT money, Pell grant, and Arkansas Challenge money etc etc!! What's the attrition rate year to year in the minor sports in college anyway?? So no I don't fault the young lady nosirrree I hate the fact her folks didn't say no we are gonna stay here and play Friday night and we'll drive all night and be there bright and early Saturday!! My granddaughter plays summer sports also and I can't truthfully say if she'll have any opportunity to play post high school but if Sack has any say then Sacks family will honor their commitment to her team and teammates before her personal goals!!!
Further we listen to the Summits Sabans Sweeney's and Aureimas of the world speak about commitment, team values ,unselfishness etc and we nod silently in agreement! Such wisdom we say!! How did they ever come by such supreme knowledge?? And yet we sabotage it all at the parental level!!
And finally I'm a huge movie buff and Fearless takes me back to one of my favorite movie lines of all time!! Reference the scene in A Few Good Men where Jack Nicholson while on the stand tells the young attorney Tom Cruise—- You can't handle the truth! So no I don't hate the young lady I hate a society that favors individual  over team good! BOOM!! Gosh I hate bad popcorn and yard onions!!

Bigleague

Sack just dropped the mic.   

HorseFeathers

Yeah.   He did.... Should I just lock this one?

Bigleague

Why!!! That was great stuff.  And he is 100% correct. And I don't even like him

Basketballfan13

I feel like I should start a slow clap right now...

livelongandprosper

Quote from: SackAttack on October 20, 2018, 04:46:33 pm
So it was the Byers girl out?? She's by far BY FAR their best athlete! Didn't know she was a soft baller though!!

It wasn't the Byers girl. It was Wright.

SackAttack

Quote from: livelongandprosper on October 20, 2018, 08:58:44 pm
It wasn't the Byers girl. It was Wright.
Well then a previous poster was wrong!! Byers is the best athlete on that team hands down! What # is Wright? Post ? Guard?? Does WV have a good concession stand??

HorseFeathers

#23 last year...guard/small forward type if I remember right... Could knock down the 3 with consistency

softballfan22

You're acting as if she skipped the state title game! She missed the second non-conference game of 30+ game season. I don't think it's putting herself first for a scholarship she earned and to be with the team she is going to be on next year. I am sure it wasn't an easy choice for that family. I don't feel whoever this sack guy is has a right to questions someone going on an official visit and missing a meaningless game. That game will have no baring on how the season plays out. Just a lot of negativity on here for high school sports and trash talk (not just this forum but all sports), I guess I don't see the point.

SackAttack

Quote from: softballfan22 on October 22, 2018, 02:01:52 pm
You're acting as if she skipped the state title game! She missed the second non-conference game of 30+ game season. I don't think it's putting herself first for a scholarship she earned and to be with the team she is going to be on next year. I am sure it wasn't an easy choice for that family. I don't feel whoever this sack guy is has a right to questions someone going on an official visit and missing a meaningless game. That game will have no baring on how the season plays out. Just a lot of negativity on here for high school sports and trash talk (not just this forum but all sports), I guess I don't see the point.
Reference the following points
1. Her team NEXT year
2. Always remember the second game of the season is MEANINGLESS
3. Missing this game has no potential on how the season will play out

So everybody on every team everywhere gets a one game pass through the season! I'm really making good points aren't I??

thebigman3

Quote from: SackAttack on October 22, 2018, 07:37:56 pm
Reference the following points
1. Her team NEXT year
2. Always remember the second game of the season is MEANINGLESS
3. Missing this game has no potential on how the season will play out

So everybody on every team everywhere gets a one game pass through the season! I'm really making good points aren't I??
I mean, your season is not defined in October.... Also, the score was 75-59. Even with the Wright girl out, WV is a solid team, it sounds like Viola has a more solid team.

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 23, 2018, 08:53:13 am
I mean, your season is not defined in October.... Also, the score was 75-59. Even with the Wright girl out, WV is a solid team, it sounds like Viola has a more solid team.
We don't agree often and I agree the statement your season isn't defined or made in October but the makeup and integrity of your team sure is!! That situation has the POTENTIAL to make or destroy both teams for totally different reasons

87DAWG

Quote from: SackAttack on October 20, 2018, 04:46:33 pm
unless you are going to pay for that young ladies college it is none of your business why she took a visit. It is October and they are the defending champs. I think Wonderview will get past this "horrific" October loss! Geez! Folks these days....

SackAttack

Quote from: 87DAWG on October 31, 2018, 06:23:12 am
unless you are going to pay for that young ladies college it is none of your business why she took a visit. It is October and they are the defending champs. I think Wonderview will get past this "horrific" October loss! Geez! Folks these days....
Still don't make it right that her parents bailed on her teammates!! Geez!! Society these days

HorseFeathers

Guess she shoulda told the college thanks but no thanks I got a non-conference basketball game that day

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 31, 2018, 11:59:49 am
Guess she shoulda told the college thanks but no thanks I got a non-conference basketball game that day
Yeah those 9 full free ride scholarships that they divide 40 ways is a pretty big deal in the grand scheme of doing what's right by your lifelong up to this moment teammates!! Driving in Friday night after the game wasn't an option! Y'all forgive me I grew up in the 70's when loyalty and service to others came before loyalty and service to self!! God Bless America for what she was and help us Lord for what we now are!!

HorseFeathers

It's the society your generation has cultivated for us... 🤷

Basketballfan13

I highly doubt attending the official weekend visit for all commits for the upcoming year has any impact on the girls scholarship. It's basically a social event that would have been nice to attend.

SackAttack

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 31, 2018, 12:27:00 pm
It's the society your generation has cultivated for us... 🤷
Great rationale HF!! Pass it off blame someone else zero responsibility! You dang milineals! Ruining this once great country! Democrat most likely and probably yellow dog! Look it up!!!

HorseFeathers

Isn't that what the Gen X and baby boomers do? 🤦

Greyhound#1

Viola will be very good.  They had transfer come in that is very good.  You add her to a already great group girls. They should be contenders.

J.D.

Quote from: Bears_94 on October 19, 2018, 10:03:21 pm
I love it! Everyone has written off that conference except for the boys. Viola came to play and will be in finals of district with Norfork this year. Everyone wrote both those teams off. Looks like they are gonna shock all the haters this year. I need to get the popcorn. Funny not one person  mentioned Norfork or Viola for any top 10 or 20 teams. Looks like they've both been busy. Wonderview looked the worst I've seen them look tonight. Not playing together and that my friends is not the same team from Simon days.

Just bumping this now. 

softballfan22

Quote from: Bears_94 on October 19, 2018, 10:03:21 pm

^This didn't age well^

Majorpain

Don't be dumb Norfork didn't have two starters . You can repost all you want but at the end of the day it won't matter. Norfork was the best team period until the injuries happened.

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: Majorpain on March 02, 2019, 07:54:03 pm
Don't be dumb Norfork didn't have two starters . You can repost all you want but at the end of the day it won't matter. Norfork was the best team period until the injuries happened.
Didnt Rural Special beat them before injuries? Asking for a friend

Majorpain

March 02, 2019, 09:40:56 pm #40 Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 10:00:26 pm by Majorpain
My response to Motown sports fan would be this:

They sure did. In overtime at Rural Special. One of their players had five fouls 3 different times and the same ref overturned the other refs' calls until foulfest at the end of the game got them an 8 point lead in overtime. True story.

In all fairness, Rural Special played lights out on 2/28/19 at ICC. If they continue as they did in that game, they will take the 'ship.
But be sure to tell your friend. The beauty is I've watched the tape several times and wouldn't you know it's still the same thing over and over. Refs at Rural Special.. typical. I am not taking away from their win but it was evident no one besides Rural was winning at Rural that night.

Woodrow1

Quote from: Majorpain on March 02, 2019, 09:40:56 pm
My response to Motown sports fan would be this:

They sure did. In overtime at Rural Special. One of their players had five fouls 3 different times and the same ref overturned the other refs' calls until foulfest at the end of the game got them an 8 point lead in overtime. True story.

In all fairness, Rural Special played lights out on 2/28/19 at ICC. If they continue as they did in that game, they will take the 'ship.
But be sure to tell your friend. The beauty is I've watched the tape several times and wouldn't you know it's still the same thing over and over. Refs at Rural Special.. typical. I am not taking away from their win but it was evident no one besides Rural was winning at Rural that night.

Always blaming refs. Did Norfork turn the ball over any that night? Miss any chip shots?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas