• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCORE THREAD:7A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP: Springdale Har-Ber vs Fayetteville( DEC 5th 6:30)

Started by Brian G, November 27, 2015, 09:35:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The winner is...

Har-Ber
21 (43.8%)
Fayetteville
27 (56.3%)

Total Members Voted: 48

Voting closed: December 04, 2015, 09:36:16 pm

Brian G

WPWells

I've had the Purple Dogs all season.

Side note: one of my math major buddies is a GA for Fayetteville this year. I'm hoping he gets himself a ring

The Future

Pr8hd

I'll roll with the Purple Dogs in a revenge game for all the marbles.

Razorback Red

Two great teams, both well coached.  I think Harber is more balanced with a better D, but it is difficult to beat a good team twice. 

I think the balls will bounce Fville's way in this one, I'll go Purple Dogs by 7. 

PA Dad

Bulldogs2014

Maclin on your girl

dtrainsdad

HB did pretty well against SS last night, better than I thought they would after the Conway game last week.  Hannon and Chandler on offense and that salty defense which gets the big play when they need it most, I will have to go with HB over FV.    35 to 31.

HarBer Dad

I would give Fville slight edge due to: 1. game played on neutral site, 2. they've been there recently while this is HB first trip since 2009, 3. hard to beat team twice in a season.

It will be interesting to see if the coaches on either side throw in any new wrinkles.  No reason to leave anything in the playbook at this point.  Just praying for good weather.  Would hate for a game like this to be played under conditions like last night.

Coach Venny Slocombe

I picked FHS pre-season and will stick with it.

FHS had to fight their way through the bracket while Harber had cupcakes...

FHS - 42
SHHS - 40

Iknewthemwhen

Fayetteville by 17.  The first game was mistake filled. I think they fix that.

Razorback Red

Quote from: HarBer Dad on November 28, 2015, 10:00:04 am
I would give Fville slight edge due to: 1. game played on neutral site, 2. they've been there recently while this is HB first trip since 2009, 3. hard to beat team twice in a season.

It will be interesting to see if the coaches on either side throw in any new wrinkles.  No reason to leave anything in the playbook at this point.  Just praying for good weather.  Would hate for a game like this to be played under conditions like last night.

I agree with this assessment.  I think Fville should be a slight fave, which shouldn't settle well with HB players since they are #1 right now.  I'm guessing HB will play keep away from Fville with the run game.  I don't believe HB wants to get into another shootout.  If HB can create a couple of TO's, I think they win, but if Fville plays clean like they did Fri at Bville, I give them the edge.

Baitshop

mack

Quote from: Baitshop on November 29, 2015, 12:49:45 pm
HarBer by 3....Pain over Pretty

Hey,,,, been meaning to talk to you about that boat race you predicted....  It was...
You just got the team wrong😜

Hornet4ever

spurrr

If I remember correctly, HB had more penalties and TO's the first meeting. I think if they get rid of the TO's and dumb penalties they are prone to make they win. Surely FHS will do something different on defense after the gashing they took the first time around and HB needs to figure a way to defend the mid range pass. Will be fun to se what changes the coaches make.

Pigheaded

Like the last time I don't think Fayetteville will stop the HarBer running game

neapig

fastdrop

I bet these two teams would much rather play on a Neutral field and play the championship in NWA. Crazy that they have to pack up and head to LR.

7AFBFAN

Two great teams, this one should be a thriller. No way to predict the outcome based on the season. 

spurrr

Yep, wish they would play it at SS or Bentonville. Bet there would be 3-5000 more folks show

TigerHawg

Taylor Powell has earned this one. The one and most likely only time I will say Go Purple Dogs!

Lumberjackfan1978

Lions84

tmycjy

HeberFan

HeberFan

AIREDALE25

HarBer Dad

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have my Cats compete for state champ every year like Bville and Fville.  However, there is just something extra special about a team that goes 3-8, coming back the next year with many of the same key players, riding an 11 game win streak all the way to the Championship game.  Win or lose, what a great year!  Go Cats!!

neapig

It has been an awesome year.  Can't wait till tomorrow night.  Go Har-Ber!!!

7AFBFAN

Iknewthemwhen

Got to go with the Dogs on this one.  But I suspect whoever wins will have to play without a lot of errors.

HeberFan

AirWarren

Stealthfan

Brian G

7AFBFAN

I think the Bulldogs have the weapons. If they execute they win. Two great teams.

KattMatt

AT

Springdale Har-Ber receives opening kickoff. They start on their own 20.

Springdale-Har - 0
Fayetteville - 0

AT

Fayetteville picks Chandler off and returns it to the Har-Ber 13 yard line. Fayetteville ball there.

Springdale Har-Ber - 0
Fayetteville - 0

11:06 1st

AT

Powell hits his receiver for a TD for Fayetteville. PAT Good.

Fayetteville - 7
Springdale Har-Ber - 0

10:26 1st

AT

Fayetteville kicks it off. It's a touchback. Har-Ber ball on their own 20.

Fayetteville - 7
Springdale Har-Ber - 0

10:26 1st

Coach Venny Slocombe

Let's go Fayetteville...

I hope they win simply because Harbers coach once coached at Shiloh...can't stand Shiloh...

That stuff just kinda follows you around I guess... ;D

AT

Chandler is intercepted again at the Fayetteville 49. Fayetteville ball there. I think it was the same Fayetteville player that intercepted him (#12)

Fayetteville - 7
Springdale Har-Ber - 0

8:57 1st

AT

Springdale Har-Ber bows up and forces a 3 and out from the Purple Dogs. Fayetteville will punt from their 45.

Har-Ber fair catches the punt at their own 23.

Fayetteville - 7
Springdale Har-Ber - 0

8:11 1st

AT

Hannon with a big run into Fayetteville territory. Har-Ber ball on the Fayetteville 8.

Fayetteville - 7
Springdale Har-Ber - 0

5:31 1st

AT

Har-Ber brings in another RB (#25) and runs it in from 8 yards out for a Har-Ber touchdown. PAT Good.

Springdale Har-Ber - 7
Fayetteville - 7

5:12 1st

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas