• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monday Night Football Bills 15 yarder for official interference.

Started by WattsOzark, November 24, 2015, 05:01:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WattsOzark

Watching the replay, the official is standing outside the field of play on the Bills sideline, is that normally a position they should be in to call the game?

Rulesman

WattsOzark

arreferee

Quote from: WattsOzark on November 24, 2015, 10:22:41 pm
I thought it showed him in the green.

The official did step back into the coaches' box (green), but the coach stepped in front of him in the white. 

https://streamable.com/g2l7

ISU7

play should have not been stopped, Patriots might have scored.

arreferee

Quote from: ISU7 on November 25, 2015, 08:53:07 am
play should have not been stopped, Patriots might have scored.

Ya think?  That's what the whole controversy is about. 

Busman

It looks to me like the official saw a coach run in front of him and was probably distracted. When saw Brady throw the ball near the sign line he ASSUMED he was throwing it out of bounds.  Not an excuse, just an explanation. It is inexcusable, but as a friend of mine used to say "Their are two categories of officials. Those that have had an inadvertent whistle and those that will." I'm guilty. Jr high game at Mayflower. QB throws an interception to a LB and QB gets hit hard as he releases the ball.  Can't make yourself small enough when that happens.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Alot more than just the inadvertent whistle...the play should have been brought back and the down replayed, and I promise you the reason the conference took so long was because they were trying to make it right, in which they screwed up again...

Did this crew get reprimanded or suspended? I haven't heard but I bet they didn't...and that whole play and everything that happened was inexcusable...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas