• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Early 4a-1 Predictions

Started by pgtiger0429, April 16, 2015, 10:56:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Legend

Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 28, 2015, 11:56:41 pm
Quote from: Ole Legend on November 28, 2015, 01:45:16 pm
Quote from: pridgehog on November 27, 2015, 11:19:59 pm
We have 6 kids right now and zero post players. Wes is the 5. It will be interesting to see what happends!

I'm shocked that the PR coach hasn't moved up any freshman yet. They are scheduled to play in the Lavaca tourney this next week. In my opinion he needs to move up that freshman post player.

Not for just 2 weeks of play. Most freshman are not ready for SR hoops.

I understand that, but you can't play a full tourney with only 6 players. And if the football team wins this week, Pea Ridge would only have 6 players for their home tournament.

OldTimeCager

Big difference in moving up 9th grade girls vs. boys.  A really good 9th grade girl can compete in high school, but a boy has to be really, really talented to compete in high school.  My opinion has always been that you should not move a player up unless they will help you win a championship.  Especially if it means giving up a potential championship with the junior high team.  And if a 9th grade player is good enough to be a difference maker on his high school team, then your junior high team is likely a contender for a championship with him on the team.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Ole Legend on November 29, 2015, 12:05:01 am
We have 6 kids right now and zero post players. Wes is the 5. It will be interesting to see what happends!

I'm shocked that the PR coach hasn't moved up any freshman yet. They are scheduled to play in the Lavaca tourney this next week. In my opinion he needs to move up that freshman post player.

I understand that, but you can't play a full tourney with only 6 players. And if the football team wins this week, Pea Ridge would only have 6 players for their home tournament.

Is there any FB boys that play hoops that are not getting on the field in FB? If so let them do both, would help with the problem.

Ole Legend

Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 29, 2015, 03:36:55 pm

Is there any FB boys that play hoops that are not getting on the field in FB? If so let them do both, would help with the problem.

Not really. The best players on the football team are the ones that also play basketball.

PR-2011-#23

Pea Ridge will be a legit power when they receive their football boys. Its going to show early, and once they are in basketball shape the sky is the limit for Pea Ridge not only this year but definitely the following year to come because they have the best junior class in all of 4A

arhoops

Quote from: Cajun Hog on November 29, 2015, 03:36:55 pm

Unless I am mistaken you can't compete in 2 sports in the same season. AAA rule

Ole Legend

Quote from: PR-2011-#23 on November 30, 2015, 04:41:28 pm
Pea Ridge will be a legit power when they receive their football boys. Its going to show early, and once they are in basketball shape the sky is the limit for Pea Ridge not only this year but definitely the following year to come because they have the best junior class in all of 4A

Hall scored 25 for Pea Ridge in an overtime win against Pocola a couple nights ago. Church also looked pretty good.

Nip/Tusk

Sounds like pg gave farmington a good game last night. I think they will definitely be in the top 4 and even have a chance to win conference if they get all their footballers.

Pg girls beat farm easily again. I think they'll win the conference without a doubt.

beach bum

Quote from: Ole Legend on December 02, 2015, 03:07:31 pm
Quote from: PR-2011-#23 on November 30, 2015, 04:41:28 pm

Hall scored 25 for Pea Ridge in an overtime win against Pocola a couple nights ago. Church also looked pretty good.

Pocola better be a top tier team in their class. They are 1A in Oklahoma. Obviously, thats 2A here.

pridgehog

Pocola hit 12 or 13 three pointers. Not sure how good they are in their classification. Pea Ridge has 6 players. 7 of their top 9 aren't playing yet. Neither big guys are playing yet and they are playing Church at the 5 and he is a 3.  So they are just scratching and clawing to get wins right now.

Ole Legend

Pea Ridge beat Paris by 12. Kobe Rose (soph guard) had 26.

pridgehog

Big win for the Pea Ridge boys last night. Those 6 kids are laying it all on the line for their town and School right now...

Nip/Tusk

Well those 6 can rest easy now.

Bulldog92

TIGER101

JOSH HOW WILL PG LOOK WHEN HEY GET THE FOOTBALL BOYS BACK?  WILL THE GIRLS WIN IT?

Nip/Tusk

The people I've talked to think the boys will be pretty good by the end of the year.

And the girls should definitely be in the finals.

pgtiger0429

Berryville 6-0 after a win Saturday night and #4 hasn't played in any on the game I seen this year, does anyone know why's he out and when he will be back? Berryville could be a top 4 team in the conference if he gets back in time for the  conference season.

beach bum

Quote from: XTIGER on December 07, 2015, 11:21:14 am
Prairie Grove has two big question marks concerning how good they will be, first they have to have better guard play or they wont make it to state or may not make it to regionals, other being the big kid Soehner, he will always be a force on the defensive end but if he can be more of a presence on the offensive end then they have a chance to make a run to state. The conference is really weak other than PR and Huntsville so that will help. They are 0-7 now but are playing with kids who wont see the court after footballers come over, other than maybe a couple of them

It will end up paying dividends in the next 2 years for PG.... those kids playing right now look so young. They are playing quite scrappy at least. The effort is there and I like seeing that.

Hasbeen33PR

Not gonna be as easy for PR as thought maybe? ;D

pridgehog

Obytheway

Does anyone have any information on Huntsville this year?

Obytheway

Quote from: Josh Louin on December 06, 2015, 08:06:24 pm
The people I've talked to think the boys will be pretty good by the end of the year.

And the girls should definitely be in the finals.

Who will be PG's biggest threat in conference?

bballfan2

Gentry starts out 2-0 in conference play

always88

Quote from: bballfan2 on December 19, 2015, 12:14:22 am
Gentry starts out 2-0 in conference play
I believe that the new girls coach is having a ripple effect on the boys side of the program as well.

pridgehog

So far Id say the first half has went about like what people thought. I did expect Prairie Grove to be top 4 but they could still make a run in the second half plus I think they have two games left in the first half...

pridgehog

Yes, Gentry can beat anybody in this league on a given night. They hit 10 threes against us and beat our butts...

Nip/Tusk

January 19, 2016, 08:05:04 pm #76 Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 08:29:06 pm by Josh Louin
Pg girls win at Lincoln by 20 or so.

Pg boys down 11 at Lincoln. Halftime. 
Can't throw the ball in the ocean.

oldtimeeagle

Final boys score
Huntsville 73
Berryville 51

Final girls score
Huntsville 37
Berryville 34

pridgehog

Well, Huntsville wins the League with a win over Berryville tonight. If Huntsville loses and Pea Ridge beats Shiloh then they capture the League...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas