• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 4 Mount Ida vs. Mineral Springs

Started by IdaLions, September 15, 2018, 09:59:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IdaLions

After a impressive 35-0 win against England, Mineral looks to bring down Mount Ida. It's been years since Mineral Springs has beaten Mount Ida. But they have the best chance they've had in years. With that being said...

Lions go on to become 4-0

couch-coach06

I'll take the lions and there power run game by 14

Redzone

Mineral won't be able to stop the dive. Ida gets the W 28-14

Jawalpole

The team with the fewest mistakes will win. MT Ida will be able to run it up the gut, but MS has multiple way they will score on Mt Ida. Turnovers and penalties will determine the outcome.

HORNET-MAN

Mineral has the Speed and Athlete's to Compete what's going to hurt us is no size up front ida power game is tough to stop...Going with Ida by 14..but pulling for my Hornets to pull off the upset.

couch-coach06

Quote from: HORNET-MAN on September 15, 2018, 11:10:43 am
Mineral has the Speed and Athlete's to Compete what's going to hurt us is no size up front ida power game is tough to stop...Going with Ida by 14..but pulling for my Hornets to pull off the upset.

I know it is crazy you would think with speed you could just kill ida but it somehow just doesn't work that way something about someone lineing up and everyone in the building knows the dive is coming and you can't stop it is demoralizing

bigworm

I agree. MS is good and is a tuff team but MI has been title contenders for the last few years and have what it takes to beat em.

IdaLions

Bearden_Bear72

This is going to be a great game!  Where is it at?

bigworm

Quote from: IdaLions on September 15, 2018, 12:56:57 pm
How strong is Minerals passing game??

They aint bad. QB looks good. Kids dont catch it the best but you know how that goes. The game you play em they catch everything. Haha.

IdaLions

Quote from: bigworm on September 15, 2018, 01:27:56 pm
They aint bad. QB looks good. Kids dont catch it the best but you know how that goes. The game you play em they catch everything. Haha.

I don't see them being able to run on Mount Ida, honestly I don't see anyone running on them this year(maybe Foreman with the triple option). But it Mineral can utilize the passing game it could mean trouble for the Lions

Partsman

paraloma

2011 was the Sta MS win. Ida won the last 4.

Eslim03

Where is all the Ida posters? Ida lion is new and I haven't seen many of them on here since December? Just wondering why it's so quiet. They have a really good team.

Neckred

I thought Mineral was gonna be down again this year.  How are they looking better?

BlueNGold52

Quote from: Eslim03 on September 17, 2018, 03:01:55 pm
Where is all the Ida posters? Ida lion is new and I haven't seen many of them on here since December? Just wondering why it's so quiet. They have a really good team.

I think the Mount Ida posters are nervous because 3 games in the Lions are still very sloppy. The defense is solid but offense has been hit and miss. This group of Srs. hasn't meshed into a family unit like you would think. They are a very talented group but they need to become "one" rather than a group of individuals. They are limited only by number of players and attitude. Numbers is uncontrollable but attitude and focus is completely a player thing. If they get right they will be very tough for sure actually they are tough now but a notch below where they could be if they can get focused in and work together as a unit. Coach White will have them prepared for each and every game as always. Its just up to them to execute.

IdaLions

Quote from: Eslim03 on September 17, 2018, 03:01:55 pm

Actually been here since last year, just couldn't post lol

M.I. D

Still here!!! Looking forward to Friday Night. If this Mount Ida Team gets it rolling and plays to their full potential they can beat anyone in AA.

COACH-Mike

Well then it's settled.  See you guys next year.

Booster51s

OLionSwag74

Can anyone answer who #13 is for Mineral? For some reason he's not listed on Maxpreps.

OLionSwag74

Nvm he was just uploaded to their roster

COACH-Mike

Bradyn Williams is #13.  What do you think about him?  He was the MVP receiver at Morris Claiborne's camp in Shreveport this summer.  Been watching film?

IdaLions

Quote from: COACH-Mike on September 20, 2018, 09:51:40 am
Bradyn Williams is #13.  What do you think about him?  He was the MVP receiver at Morris Claiborne's camp in Shreveport this summer.  Been watching film?

That sounds important

COACH-Mike

Quote from: IdaLions on September 20, 2018, 10:34:21 am
That sounds important

Kind of depends on the game match ups as to how important that might be. Looking forward to it.

IdaLions

Quote from: COACH-Mike on September 20, 2018, 10:40:25 am
Kind of depends on the game match ups as to how important that might be. Looking forward to it.

What school do you Rep?

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: IdaLions on September 20, 2018, 02:44:50 pm
What school do you Rep?
Coach-Mike is a Life Time Mineral Springs Hornet Fan.

Hasbeen92

Biggest 2A game to date home team in close one

OLionSwag74

#13 is decent and yes i have been watching film... But just remember it's gonna be raining tonight at stidman field and if Hornets have to depend on their running game it'll be Ida by as much as they like....

IdaLions

This game is simple, If the Lions stay disciplined and minimize mistakes they win. If they makes mistakes and have attitudes about it, Mineral Springs takes it. Like i've said before, only team that can beat Mount Ida is themselves

youhavenoidea

Quote from: IdaLions on September 21, 2018, 09:39:21 am
This game is simple, If the Lions stay disciplined and minimize mistakes they win. If they makes mistakes and have attitudes about it, Mineral Springs takes it. Like i've said before, only team that can beat Mount Ida is themselves
....The key to any game plan, but agree 100%

IdaLions

Quote from: youhavenoidea on September 21, 2018, 10:00:42 am
....The key to any game plan, but agree 100%

Might be the game plan for most teams, but most teams have a hard time executing said game plan😂

fleaflicker24

If they were playing on a dry field I was gonna go with Mineral in an upset. Wet field Ida rolls!

tacklethis...

Quote from: IdaLions on September 21, 2018, 09:39:21 am

Untrue, Foreman beat them last year when it counted. Don't take that away from them. The key to beating Mt Ida is to force 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 8's...

Bearden_Bear72

HorseFeathers

18-0 500 too half.... Mineral has stopped Mt Ida inside rezone twice.... But Ida got a safety on one, and forced a crappy punt the other time

Hornets might be in negative yards offensively

M.I. D

26-0 half. Mount Ida is having their way with this one. Would be mercy rule if not for couple penalties.

HORNET-MAN

Quote from: M.I. D on September 21, 2018, 08:10:08 pm
26-0 half. Mount Ida is having their way with this one. Would be mercy rule if not for couple penalties.
Going About Like I thought it Would IDA Brand of Football is Hard to Stop when you cant match them up front. Match Up didn't favor MS

IdaLions

Quote from: tacklethis... on September 21, 2018, 07:13:17 pm
Untrue, Foreman beat them last year when it counted. Don't take that away from them. The key to beating Mt Ida is to force 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 8's...

I'm not taking anything away from Foreman, they were very disciplined and all around the best team we played all year. But from as a player who played on that team, we beat ourselves also. Had a touchdown called back and missed two field goals( one was blocked). I'm not taking anything away from them, I have the utmost respect for them, but we didn't show up at all. But can't change the past. On to week 5!

G-HIGH

Was Beal ejected from this game? Asking for a friend.

IdaLions

Quote from: G-HIGH on September 21, 2018, 11:09:58 pm
Was Beal ejected from this game? Asking for a friend.

If Beal is #5 then yes he was

tacklethis...

Quote from: IdaLions on September 21, 2018, 10:38:55 pm
I'm not taking anything away from Foreman, they were very disciplined and all around the best team we played all year. But from as a player who played on that team, we beat ourselves also. Had a touchdown called back and missed two field goals( one was blocked). I'm not taking anything away from them, I have the utmost respect for them, but we didn't show up at all. But can't change the past. On to week 5!

So, they were the best team you played but not quite as good as Mt Ida?

IdaLions

Quote from: tacklethis... on September 22, 2018, 07:30:09 am
So, they were the best team you played but not quite as good as Mt Ida?

Yes they were the best team we played. But no I don't think they were better. You saw what happened the first time we played. But they defiantly beat us when it counted😂. Congrats to them and I'm not taking one thing away from them. But I do believe that we were the better team last year. But that's from a players stand point. As I said yesterday, on to Week 5!

COACH-Mike

Quote from: IdaLions on September 22, 2018, 09:51:51 am
Yes they were the best team we played. But no I don’t think they were better. You saw what happened the first time we played. But they defiantly beat us when it counted😂. Congrats to them and I’m not taking one thing away from them. But I do believe that we were the better team last year. But that’s from a players stand point. As I said yesterday, on to Week 5!
With what I watched last night I now understand why King got tossed last year.  Your team is good but they are extremely handsy.  Our two's on defense were tackled all night long and never got a single call.  And Mother Nature played in your favor as we are a team that is pass first.  Rain negated any pass game.

Redzone

Quote from: COACH-Mike on September 22, 2018, 10:18:00 am
With what I watched last night I now understand why King got tossed last year.  Your team is good but they are extremely handsy.  Our two's on defense were tackled all night long and never got a single call.  And Mother Nature played in your favor as we are a team that is pass first.  Rain negated any pass game.
+1

IdaLions

Quote from: COACH-Mike on September 22, 2018, 10:18:00 am

Well thank god for mother nature🙂

COACH-Mike

Quote from: IdaLions on September 22, 2018, 10:50:28 am
Well thank god for mother nature🙂

Really you should and the dummy officiating crew as well.  It a shame as good as you guys are dummies got to help you.  And they were awful!

IdaLions

Quote from: COACH-Mike on September 22, 2018, 10:55:40 am
Really you should and the dummy officiating crew as well.  It a shame as good as you guys are dummies got to help you.  And they were awful!

There was one call that I agree was wrong, and that was the long QB scramble, should have been a TD. But your players aren't innocent. And don't even get me started on the pre game situation. Y'all lost. Take the defeat and move on, y'all have a tough game ahead.

FilmCrew

Clearly it was the rain and officials that caused Mineral to lose.

Mount Ida stinks, Coach White and Players are awful! His record is tainted because...Well just cause no one can win like that without some sort or cheating... When an ejection happens it's always someone's fault...

And another thing...Trump is not my President!!!

HorseFeathers

Doesn't matter what the refs call when your a passing team and your Oline gets destroyed.... Mt Ida defensive line spent more time in Minerals backfield than your QB's did...which led to mineral playing behind the sticks all night.. rain may have negated the passing game some...but Minerals Oline throwing look out blocks wasn't because of the rain...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas