• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6:2A thoughts?

Started by Ventman, March 29, 2014, 11:45:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ventman

jbtiger73

great question. looks like Hazen or McCrory right now. Brinkley only lost 3 seniors, and coming off a second round finish. and having a great off season with more participation and excitement in the town. no one except the people in Carlisle and DA, know about those two respectively. heard they were both supposed to be down this year. but tradition like that doesn't go down without a fight. they both will still be tough in my opinion. Thrash will have his boys in Clarendon improved. if they can stay together the whole season and buy in to what he's exposing them to. and possibly sneaking into the playoffs. PW has very talented sophomores and jrs. but no coach apparently as of yet. obviously, losing England hurts the conference, as far as more credible teams. especially with the aforementioned Carlisle and DA possibly being down. but it still should be exciting. because you never know.

HorseFeathers

1. Hazen
2. McCrory
3. Carlisle
4. Brinkley
5. Des Arc
6. Clarendon
7. Augusta
8. Marvell
8. P/W

MomaLion

Quote from: HF on March 30, 2014, 10:21:01 pm
1. Hazen
2. McCrory
3. Carlisle
4. Brinkley
5. Des Arc
6. Clarendon
7. Augusta
8. Marvell
8. P/W
wow, I know Marvell beat PW last year but i'm not sure they will close out the conference....thanks for the confidence in Clarendon though  :)

MomaLion

March 30, 2014, 11:22:12 pm #4 Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 09:32:45 am by MomaLion
1. Hazen
2. McCrory
3. Brinkley
4. Des Arc
5. Carlisle
6. Clarendon
7. Augusta
8. P/W
9. Marvell
I think the surprise team will be Brinkley. Also, Carlisle may lose some momentum after losing their stars.

jbtiger73

I was on the sidelines all last season with Brinkley, and even the chain crew at Carlisle said it's gonna be a huge drop off from years. probably the biggest they've ever had. but you never can judge by jr. high. my 8th grade year we went 4-4. fast forward to my 11th grade year, in a much tougher conf, we finish the season at 12-2 and conf. champs. so depending on who the coaching staff is and how hungry the players are, don't expect the bison to fall off the face of the earth. they're still gonna be tough as heck to beat. DA as well.

Lions84

I expect Coach Thrash to get the Lions to 7 wins this year and the playoffs.

HorseFeathers

If it's their biggest drop off ever then it's going to be a long season for them. 8 years ago they only won one game in a lesser conference with hector in it.

jbtiger73

wow!!! didn't know that. I was living out of state 8 years ago in Tennessee. they say football is bad here. you haven't seen a game in Tennessee then. basically, a 4 a team (Maryville), can basically beat the crap out of any 5 A team in the state. so much so, that they had to move them up to 5 A recently, and they're still winning it all every year. No wonder the Vols barely recruit their own state.

Lions84

Tenn HS football been a Joke for years or Phat PHIL or Johnny Majors would never recruited nationally.

jbtiger73

oh yea, 84. most definitely. I lived in Murfreesboro, TN. where all the schools there except 2 private schools, were 5A. and I honestly knew of at least five or six 4A schools in Arkansas that could beat the holy heck out of them. and Basketball, except for in Memphis, is a complete joke. I remember the 2 best players from the middle Tennessee and the east Tennessee areas respectively, signed with northeastern univ, and East Tennessee state. and they were supposed to be some of the best in the state. they disregard Memphis completely, because they can never compete with them. the state title games are always blowouts. with the Memphis teams winning very easily. but they do have great girls hoops, with the emergence of Vanderbilt and the Lady Vols. they would absolutely destroy a lot of our girls teams. how did I get to talking about Tennessee sports anyway? lol

jbtiger73

big E

I expect Hazen to win it Mccrory will finish 2nd Brinkley, DEs arc, Augusta , Carlisle will battle for the 3-5 spots Pw, marvell and Clarendon will bring up the rear, my guess is sartin is still goin to be the coach so play calling and kids just not wanting to play for him will keep pw out of the playoffs.

jbtiger73

Lions84

PW and Clarendon should improve it the kids keep working hard and come out and play.

big E

You know what they say about if's 84.

jbtiger73

I need one of those now Big E. lol ;D

MomaLion

Quote from: Lions84 on April 01, 2014, 08:31:15 am
PW and Clarendon should improve it the kids keep working hard and come out and play.
PW's coaching situation may be their downfall.  At least that's one thing Clarendon doesn't have is the riff to deal with.

big E

Momma I dont think you can call it a situation Sartin is the Coach and we will in my opinion probably lose a good young coach on count of it but thats just the vibe im picking up but who knows the sup may come on in there at the last and make the change it seems the fan base wants.Thats why he makes the big bucks just have to see.

Lions84

Quote from: big E on April 02, 2014, 06:07:32 am
Momma I dont think you can call it a situation Sartin is the Coach and we will in my opinion probably lose a good young coach on count of it but thats just the vibe im picking up but who knows the sup may come on in there at the last and make the change it seems the fan base wants.Thats why he makes the big bucks just have to see.

That type of stuff is Tough on a Program.

MomaLion

Not fair to the kids. They need to have a positive situation in order to succeed.

jbtiger73

so are the kids talking about leaving? I was hearing that the Jordan kid maybe on his way back to Brinkley because of this. who knows though. you know how rumors fly around those parts. but his dad did just move back to Brinkley and from personal conversations with him, he really wants him to come back. and all of his friends are pretty much from there as well. but idk.

big E

I think his mom's view is a little diferent than his dads and thats who he lives with but who knows aot of them just wont play we will see come spring ball time jumper, Estes, Nash , Fowler, Mallard , Doane (who may sit out again because he dont like the coach) wont even be there much if they make arun like they did last year.Just not a positive situation kids are funny those kids may not play at all time will tell I'll watch football somewhere.

jbtiger73

yea. I've know his mom a long time. so who knows what she thinks about the situation. she doesn't like Sartin either. if the board were smart enough, they would go ahead and toss him for the good of the school and program.

big E

Board cant do that it has to come from the super the ball is in his court.

MomaLion

Can't they at least have a meeting about the program's future...I bet a lot of parents would get involved in that. It's a losing battle if the kids don't respect the coach.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: MomaLion on March 30, 2014, 11:15:55 pm
Quote from: HF on March 30, 2014, 10:21:01 pm
1. Hazen
2. McCrory
3. Carlisle
4. Brinkley
5. Des Arc
6. Clarendon
7. Augusta
8. Marvell
8. P/W
wow, I know Marvell beat PW last year but i'm not sure they will close out the conference....thanks for the confidence in Clarendon though  :)

Well after reading this thread, P/W might be lucky to have a team this year....

big E

We will have to see. I have heard several different people say there's alot of money put in to fooball and not much in the results department in return.

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: big E on April 02, 2014, 06:58:00 pm

Actually incorrect.   In Arkansas the school boards have full authority over the superintendent and principal.   If the board wants to have a meeting (special or otherwise), vote and pass saying  "this person is being reassigned and will not longer coach football and this person will coach instead" then it doesn't matter what the superintendent, principal or anyone else prefers or recommends.

Coach Mac D

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on April 03, 2014, 06:54:45 am

Actually incorrect.   In Arkansas the school boards have full authority over the superintendent and principal.   If the board wants to have a meeting (special or otherwise), vote and pass saying  "this person is being reassigned and will not longer coach football and this person will coach instead" then it doesn't matter what the superintendent, principal or anyone else prefers or recommends.

Arkansas Fair Dismissal laws are present. Acting against the recommendation of principal and superintendents recommendation would put the liability on the school board. Not liking a person or their play calling is not grounds for dismissal or reassignment.

jbtiger73

I think if you lose to Marvell though, there should be an exception. lol. just saying man.

Coach Mac D

Quote from: jbtiger73 on April 03, 2014, 11:24:41 am
I think if you lose to Marvell though, there should be an exception. lol. just saying man.

The head coach at Marvell deserves a raise or promotion then right? The coach at marvell coached for years at osceola a highly successful program and played for Barton where he lost 1 game in 6 years.

Seriously a coach is not always the cure all like people think. Sometimes the problem runs deeper than just coaching. I'm not saying that is the situation but just something to think about.

Cheek

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on April 03, 2014, 06:54:45 am

The School Board has no direct authority over any employee of the school district except the Superintendent.  The School Board is responsible for hiring and firing the Superintendent  and  monitoring the school districts funds. 

jbtiger73

yea, I know their coach. he's actually a cool guy. if they had a decent line, with the athletes they have, they would give teams a decent challenge.

Lions84

Prayers sent for PW and I hope those Lions down on the River are working hard.

big E

Quote from: Coach Mac D on April 03, 2014, 11:49:04 am
Quote from: jbtiger73 on April 03, 2014, 11:24:41 am

The head coach at Marvell deserves a raise or promotion then right? The coach at marvell coached for years at osceola a highly successful program and played for Barton where he lost 1 game in 6 years.

Seriously a coach is not always the cure all like people think. Sometimes the problem runs deeper than just coaching. I'm not saying that is the situation but just something to think about.See if collins wouldnt have been a but head and left you alone this should have been your group coach remember what Sartin did to you tthat year just slapped your hand remember we talked about it afterwords.Believe me I know these kids aint perfect none of us are well except my wife for putting up with me and in 6 years you should be able to show some improvement just a little and it aint happening. I dont know the answer I just know as booster club president I have to hear alot of crap from digruntled fans I just tell them im hear for the kids not the coaches.

Coach Mac D

The kids ALWAYS come first. I honestly believe they are better now then when I left. Me leaving was more my fault than anyone else. I don't blame anyone for the situation. I have allot of respect for your superintendent and believe he is doing a great job there. I think they are getting better each year in multiple sports and probably education as well. Getting EVERYONE to "buy in and invest all in" is the biggest obstacle every where. once you get everyone to go all in then you can climb to the potential.

big E

Oh dont get me wrong Estes is a great super we are one of the few schools in the delta thats not in any kind of distress and like I said before I dont care who the coach is I will still watch them win lose or draw and cheer when we win and gripe when we lose.

Lions84

E your as diehard as I am!  Lord help us both.

jbtiger73

Being die hard will get u talked about on FF. According to the JC fans and jock riders

Lions84

Get rid of Carpenter and shut down the LA pipe line and it will be like it was in the 1980's JC WHO??????????

HorseFeathers

smh....The Louisiana pipeline was cut down in the 90's by around 50% when Union Parrish pulled all their kids...Junction City dropping a class had more to do with their success than the Louisiana kids. Carpenter was there to and got cut by a Reduction in Workforce thing cause of lost funds.  They've had the louisiana kids for around 100 years, and it's only been the last going on 20 years that people have had a problem with it...it's never about the kids when sports are involved...ship them 30 miles down the road because J.C is to good at sports...

Disclaimer: I could really care less about where Junction City's kids are from...they could be flying/bussing them in from Samoa for all I care....And my school is 0-2 all time against them....But hey we were the only ones to hold a lead on them in the playoffs last year, for all of like 16 seconds :D

BrianfromCarlisle

Carlisle had the lead too HF.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on April 04, 2014, 03:29:54 pm
Carlisle had the lead too HF.

Dang it...you had to go and take that away from me!

BrianfromCarlisle

Lol. Sorry man!   You had the first lead.   How's that?

Lions84

This is a hard time for us HS football fans and I hope every one stays healthy and has a good spring and summer of workouts.

Lions84

Won't be long to 7 on 7 gets going.

big E

Spring ball just around the corner.

cav2012

Won't be long till we see hazen win conference. I'll see y'all fighting for 2nd

jbtiger73

yall definitely have a very tough 3 weeks to get ready for conference.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas