• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Schedule and Predictions?

Started by HorseFeathers, March 27, 2014, 10:56:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

We have a who's your team opening with...a thread discussing DJ's top 10, and a thread discussing workouts that broke down into a my dad can beat up your dad argument lol....Might as well get one out where we can talk about Schedule's and how we think the teams can do...cause ya know it's only 5 more months until football and it's never to early to start guessing at this!

I'd do Hector's but I haven't laid my eyes on a complete schedule yet...so I thought I'd do my best guess for everybody's favorite team instead, Junction City

Week 1---Smackover---Win B/C it's at home
Week 2---Rison-----Close for a half, Dragons pull away
Week 3---@ Norphlet----Leopards keep it close for the coin toss
Week 4---Hermitage----Hermits win the coin toss
Week 5---@ Hampton---WIN
Week 6---Parkers Chapel--WIN
Week 7---@ Bearden---Close WIN
Week 8---Strong----WIN
Week 9---@ Woodlawn---WIN
Week 10--Open----Purple Squad beats the Gold Squad by 35....

Best Case Scenario---9-0...Why Not? 2 of their toughest opponents come to Junction City this year. And they are riding a 4 game winning streak against Bearden, and have won the last 3 games played in Bearden dating back to 2008.

Worst Case Scenario---6-2(6-1)...If I remember right Smackover brings back a lot from last years 3A Semi-Finals team, but they do have the game being in Junction City working against them(J.C has won 15 in a row at home)...And Bearden, they're due for another win against the Dragons Right? Been 3 long seasons since Bearden knocked them off twice in the same year..Oh yeah, and Norphlet cancels the season again causing an extra bye week.

What I think will Happen? 14-0 State Champs...Smackover, Bearden, and Rison...maybe Strong(they pull a rabbit out of their hats every once in a while) will play them within 35 in regular season. And they roll through Rounds 1 and 2 by 40+(saying somebody like a Gurdon doesn't get a terrible draw and play J.C early), Round 3 by 2TD's Semi's by 10...and Finals by enough.

Alright guys...I took the easy team...and will do Hector when I see a complete schedule.

MomaLion

LOL, well that was entertaining HF...probably accurate as well  ;D

Dragon I

jbtiger73

HF broke it down. see that's what im talkin bout

HorseFeathers

Thanks guys...would hoping some of ya'll would add on to this with your teams...

HorseFeathers

Here's another one...

Hazen

Week 1....Earle
Week 2....Clarendon
Week 3....@ Osceola
Week 4....McCrory
Week 5....@ Brinkley
Week 6....Carlisle
Week 7....@Augusta
Week 8....Des Arc
Week 9....@ Marvell
Week 10..@ P/W

Hazen looks to be primed to make a run this year...The Big question is can they finally get it done?

Best Case Scenario....9-1(8-0)...Between Earle, Osceola, and the Rivalry game with Carlisle(Even with it looking like the Bison will be down), I feel like the Hornets will drop one of them....

Worst Case Scenario....5-5(5-3)...Losses to Earle, Osceola, McCrory, Carlisle, and Des Arc are in the realm of possibility even if highly unlikely this year...after all I am making these predictions in March haha...

What I think will happen....9-1(8-0)...I think they only blemish for the Hornets will be the opening game to Earle, which lights a fire under them. That and Getting McCrory, Carlisle and Des Arc all at home this year lead to an undefeated conference record....Now as for the playoffs Hornets should get Playoff W's in back to back years for the first time since 2008-09...and deepest playoff push since 2009...

BrianfromCarlisle

Carlisle will be at Carlisle sir.

HorseFeathers

Guess AAA schedule is wrong....Both teams are showing it at Hazen on October 10.

BrianfromCarlisle

The game this past season was at Hazen. 

bleudog

March 28, 2014, 09:56:40 pm #9 Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 09:58:15 pm by bleudog
Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on March 28, 2014, 09:51:33 pm
The game this past season was at Hazen. 

In realignment years, the rotation can repeat.  That being said, I have no idea where the game will be played.

jbtiger73

Brian, hazen has too come back to Brinkley this year. the realignment messed everything up.

BrianfromCarlisle

I haven't seen a schedule. Just going off of last year.  Well that sucks. Lol

cav2012

The homer in me says hazen goes undefeated

jbtiger73

seems like they took all the late season rivalry drama out of it as well. having to play your rivals in early to mid season, takes the luster out of the playoff push. look at the example. Carlisle lost to des arc. but regained momentum after spanking hazen. which in turn, had them on a tremendous playoff run. and almost knocking off JC. if they were to play a lower opponent, I don't think their playoff run, would have been as such. those late season games, depending on how tough they are, mean a whole lot. but hey, if you're good, you're good. regardless of the schedule. but I still would like the late season rivalry games to stay.

BrianfromCarlisle

Carlisle lost to Des arc after beating Hazen, then getting the Marvell forfeit.

jbtiger73

oh yea. forgot about that marvell non-game. yep and it was that way. my bad.

THA TRUTH

Jc has won two in a row at bearden being they lost there in 2010

HorseFeathers

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 29, 2014, 03:31:31 pm

FearlessFriday shows that both of those games were in Junction City...

HorseFeathers

Gurdon Go Devils

Week 1 Prescott
Week 2 @ Smackover
Week 3 Glen Rose
Week 4 Dierks
Week 5 @ Mineral Springs
Week 6 Mufreesboro
Week 7 @ Spring Hill
Week 8 Lafayette County
Week 9 Mt Ida
Week 10 @ Foreman

non-conference---Good Lord does it get much tougher than Prescott, Smackover and Glen Rose back to back to back?

Conference---As if the first 3 weeks weren't tough enough, they then open conference with Dierks..Who Made this schedule??

Worst Case Scenario---5-5(5-2)Dropping the first 4 games could happen...And if they dropped those first 4 it's safe to assume that maybe an injury to a key player or two happens during that stretch which causes them to drop another conference game...

Best Case Scenario---9-1(7-0)...I think they get through the first 3 games 2-1...Then get revenge over Dierks in week 4...and cruise through the rest of the conference season. With a little luck(surely the AAA can't put Gurdon and Junction City in the same quadrant two years in a row right??) the Go-Devils make a little bit  of a playoff run this year...

Mohawk 54

HF you are right about Gurdon's schedule, first four weeks will be tough, hopefully they can get through it without many injuries. Should make for a interesting year.

Ventman

Rison was tough last year and it could be a tight game when these two teams meet. Now with this being said the game should be in Rison. This could be a key in a big,win by rison!  Rison will be a team that will hand out some whippings!

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ventman on March 29, 2014, 11:41:03 pm
Rison was tough last year and it could be a tight game when these two teams meet. Now with this being said the game should be in Rison. This could be a key in a big,win by rison!  Rison will be a team that will hand out some whippings!

I did kind of overlook Rison a little bit....And from the early 2014 schedules posted to the AAA site, the Bearden and Rison games are not switching home and home from last y ear...

The_Devil_Himself

I'm thing the Go-Devils will roll over the P week one. Not only will they lose week two and three, they will be beat up and enter week 4 down a key player or two, costing them dearly against Dierks. Should be good enough to win out.

I'm thinking this will be the year in the rotation where winning conference means a first round bye and hosting Junction City or Bearden in the second round. Losing the conference could actually extend Gurdon's season.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: HF on March 29, 2014, 06:53:01 pm
Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 29, 2014, 03:31:31 pm

FearlessFriday shows that both of those games were in Junction City...

It was a playoff game but they lost second round to bearden in 2010

Cheek

HF.    Predictions on England.

HorseFeathers

This is based off more what I seen when we played England last year...

Week 1---@Carlisle
Week 2---@ Mineral Springs
WEek 3---Drew Central
Week 4---@ Magnet Cove
Week 5---Bigelow
Week 6---@ Conway Christian
Week 7---Cutter Morning Star
Week 8---Mountain Pine
Week 9---Quitman
Week 10--@ Poyen

Non-Conference---If there was ever a year for England to finally beat Carlisle, I think it's this year..I think Carlisle will be down this year from the past few years(Any program should expect a drop off after losing two stellar athletes like Ricks and Weddle). Mineral Springs is a complete wild card to me...

Conference--Another schedule that I look at and say who's idea was it to front load it? Conference opener @ Magnet Cove should/could set the tone for the rest of the season...

Worst Case Scenario---6-4(5-2)Opening the season with an unexpected blow out loss to Carlisle could be devastating to a program that seems to be turning that corner after getting a playoff win for the first time since 1987?(Semi-Final Loss to Evenutal Champ Mcgehee)...And Mineral Springs seems to always be at least Decent...And opening 1-2 with trips to Magnet Cove and Conway Christian could mean a 1-4 start for the Lions

Best Case Scenario--9-1(6-1)...Carlisle should be beatable this year for the Lions. Mineral Springs wasn't that good last year(3-7, first round exit). And going 3-1 against last years playoff teams from the 5-2A is completely possible.

What I think Will Happen....9-1(6-1), 2 Seed from the 5-2A with a playoff win or 2. 2 tests in non-conference play with trips Mineral Springs and Carlisle will prepare the Lions for the trip to Magnet Cove, and Conway Christian...However I still think Magnet Cove is still a tough out at home, and they have won 4 consecutive conference crowns...

This has been my iffiest prediction so far I think....

Cheek

HorseFeathers

BigLion10

Looks good HF hope we're 9-1 or even better 10-0

jbtiger73

Hey, HF. almost afraid to ask about Brinkley, because of the negative reaction I've received about supporting my team. but what do ya think?

HorseFeathers

Do you have a schedule for them?   i'm at work on my ancient phone . . . And i picked ya'll third in the 6 without looking at schedules

jbtiger73

I went to the AAA web site. but it only had part of the schedule. but I know we have Carlisle, hazen and I think des arc at home. we open with western yell county at home, then open conference the following week with PW. don't know the location of that on though.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 31, 2014, 12:20:30 pm
I went to the AAA web site. but it only had part of the schedule. but I know we have Carlisle, hazen and I think des arc at home. we open with western yell county at home, then open conference the following week with PW. don't know the location of that on though.

Will go with

Wins over
WYC
Marvell
P/W
Augusta
Clarendon

Losses
MCcrory
Hazen

Toss-Up
Carlisle
Des Arc

I'll do it like the other ones I've done when I see a complete schedule

HorseFeathers

March 31, 2014, 07:21:07 pm #33 Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:32:24 pm by HF
As Promised in the first post...

Hector Wildcats

Week 1--Marshall
Week 2--@Hackett
Week 3--@Hartford
Week 4--Western Yell County
Week 5--@Magazine
Week 6--@Mountainburg
Week 7--@Union Christian
Week 8--Decatur
Week 9--Hampton
Week 10--JC Westside

Non-Conference....yes we picked up somebody from the 2A-8..But I think our non-conference schedule might have gotten weaker than last year with us Dropping Two Rivers(Who won a playoff game in 3A last year). Marshall might be better, they will be under a new coach next season.

Conference---I expect Hackett and Magazine to Be Better...Union Christian and Mountainburg probably will be about the same. Decatur is the wildcard for the conference, they made playoffs for the first time in 18 years 2 years ago but injuries pretty much ended their season before it got started last year...

Worst Case Scenario---3-7(2-6)...As even as the conference was behind Hector last season, I don't think it's completely unrealistic to assume that if we lose to Hackett, and Magazine that we could also lose to Burg, Union christian, a Healthy Decatur, Hampton and J.C Westside.

Best Case Scenario--10-0(8-0)...We may have lost a good recieving core, our work horse back, and a good chunk of both lines...But we still have the best QB in the league(might move into the upper echelon of 2A QB's this season), and our 2nd option at RB last year. And I think our top Junior high back from last season will be in Sr High this year...So it's not out in left field to think we could run rough shod through this conference again this year...If this happens Hampton might be the only team to test us(Just looking at scores they might have been teh unluckiest/best 2-7 team in teh state last year...only Bearden, Junction City and Strong blew them out last season). And our Defense will probably be a little bit softer than what they are used to going up against...so could be a good test to expose us in some areas that need some late season tuning.

What I think will happen: 9-1(7-1)...Going to the other 4 playoff teams from last year, 3 in consecutive weeks will be a tough task in any conference to come away undefeated. And we are losing a lot of players from last season...So I think one of those teams will get us(My money is on Magazine or Hackett if I had to pick one)...And from there we with the right playoff draw win the first round game, and lose in the second round.

HorseFeathers

Whoa...does Dierks really open with Hope? Has Bennet fell off of his rocker?

HorseFeathers

As Requested Brinkley...

Week 1 Western Yell County
Week 2 @Palestine-Wheatley
Week 3 Des Arc
Week 4 @ Clarendon
Week 5 Hazen
Week 6 McCrory
Week 7 Open
Week 8 Carlisle
Week 9 @ Augusta
Week 10 @ Marvell

non-Conference Game....Kudos to Western Yell County for taking all comers to show what they have to do to improve their game...But I don't see any positives for Brinkley in this one. Then again, if WYC has success against your first teamers, then it'll show you the things you need to improve on greatly before the meat of the conference schedule gets here..

Conference take away:...Finally a schedule that is favorable to the team I'm reviewing. Des Arc, Hazen, McCrory AND Carlisle all make the trip down to Brinkley...The guy who convinced all 4 teams to do that is a GENIUS, of course next year I'll say he was retarded lol...

Worst Case Scenario---2-7(1-7)...Expectations are high in Brinkley for this season...with so much recent failure it might not be hard to pop the balloon for the Tigers. Starting off with WYC should build some confidence, but with all the bad things we've heard about P/W this offseason I still wouldn't be suprised if they knocked off a team that's overlooking them....Could be a downhill skid from there if it happens...

Best Case Scenario--7-2(6-2)...Brinkley could get off to their fastest start since 1998 next year(started 7-0 that year). WYC, P/W and Clarendon should be W's for the tigers...An upset of Des Arc in Week 3 would set up something of a showdown with Hazen in Week 5 with both teams possibly being 3-0.

Most Likely Scenario---6-3(5-3)...Tigers should be improved, but I still think that McCrory and Hazen for sure beat them. And either Des Arc or Carlisle beat them as well...both will be down from previous years, but don't count on either just laying down and letting Brinkley have a W...

iliveformarch

I predict the Mountainburg Dragons lose in the 1st round of the playoffs at home. They say 3 times is the charm but I see them making it 4 years in row.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: iliveformarch on April 04, 2014, 03:51:07 pm
I predict the Mountainburg Dragons lose in the 1st round of the playoffs at home. They say 3 times is the charm but I see them making it 4 years in row.

One problem...this year will make 5 years in a row :D

jbtiger73

I actually Brinkley can beat the bison and eagles next season. I just feel it. But I definitely respect your opinion HF. By the way, I was a linebacker on that team. I was a sophomore that year

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jbtiger73 on April 04, 2014, 06:46:08 pm
I actually Brinkley can beat the bison and eagles next season. I just feel it. But I definitely respect your opinion HF. By the way, I was a linebacker on that team. I was a sophomore that year
I think that it's definitely possible next season but decided that they split with the two. Definitely could be a big year for Brinkley next season.

crmorrow24

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on March 30, 2014, 01:12:05 pm
I'm thing the Go-Devils will roll over the P week one. Not only will they lose week two and three, they will be beat up and enter week 4 down a key player or two, costing them dearly against Dierks. Should be good enough to win out.

I'm thinking this will be the year in the rotation where winning conference means a first round bye and hosting Junction City or Bearden in the second round. Losing the conference could actually extend Gurdon's season.
Gurdon will not roll over the Curley Wolves this year "The Devil Himself".....  Without AK you guys are a different team, not to mention Devante Charles gone, it will be a long night for the Go-Devils with Winston running for his life.   

The_Devil_Himself

outlaw2929

Quote from: HF on April 01, 2014, 09:37:23 pm
Whoa...does Dierks really open with Hope? Has Bennet fell off of his rocker?

They open with hope junior varsity. Dierks will be really tough this year.

#72 Bearden Bear

HF, here's Bearden schedule, have at it.

Week 1   Harmony Grove
Week 2   Hampton
Week 3   at Parkers Chapel
Week 4   Open
Week 5   Strong
Week 6    at Woodlawn
Week 7    Junction City
Week 8    at Rison
Week 9    Norphlet
Week 10  at Hermitage

HorseFeathers

0 and 9 for them bearden bears :D just kidding  lol

MarionBlueDevil

Let me take a crack:

Earle Bulldogs.

2013 record: 3-7 regular season, 6-8 after losing in state semifinals to Charleston. Finished 3rd in state.

@Hazen
@Rivercrest
@Highland
Midland
Marked Tree
@Walnut Ridge
Salem
@East Poinsett County
@Rector
Cross County

Best case scenario: 10-0 conference champs. Expectations are high for the Bulldogs. For starters, they drop down a classification after an extended playoff run in 2013. They're also adding a highly-touted freshman quarterback after starting three players that position last season. Earle's offense will be fine, but defensively is where they'll be best at this year. On paper anyway.

A conference title would lead to another deep playoff run, maybe even a trip to Little Rock for a showdown with Junction City. Remember, Earle and Junction played a home-and-home in 2012 and 2013 and the teams each won their respective home game.

Worst case scenario: 6-4 overall, 5-2 conference. The Bulldogs drop two of their difficult non-conference games as well as the two biggies against EPC and Cross County to finish third in the league race and bow out in the first or second round of the playoffs.

As much as Earle has returning, it's important to note that they're losing their two leading rushers from last season and they plan on running the ball a lot. They'll also lose their top two linemen but seem to have some players in the ranks there.

What will probably happen: Earle finishes 8-2, 6-1 in league play.

There's no way that they navigate that stacked non-conference schedule unscathed. If they only drop one they'll be doing alright.

EPC lost a lot, but will probably reload and Cross County being the season finale means that it could be a de facto conference championship game.

HorseFeathers

Bearden Bears

Week 1   Harmony Grove
Week 2   Hampton
Week 3   at Parkers Chapel
Week 4   Open
Week 5   Strong
Week 6    at Woodlawn
Week 7    Junction City
Week 8    at Rison
Week 9    Norphlet
Week 10  at Hermitage

Non-Conference--Looks like the traditional game with C. Harmony Grove. In the last 4 years the home team is 0-4...So guess we'll see if the Bears can buck this trend.

Conference---Early rumors on here said they might have a problem with numbers...so this might be the year that somebody other than Junction City beats the Bears in Conference play...

Worst Case Scenario--4-5(3-4) As previously mentioned, Bears were reported as possibly having a numbers issue next season. In what many tout as the best conference in small school football, a numbers issue can be very bad news. But being the 5 seed out of the 2A-8 could still mean a playoff win or 3. For the record the losses I think that could happen in a Worst Case Scenario are: C. Harmony Grove, Parkers Chapel(it's a road game against the conference's "Little Brother"), Strong, Junction City and @ Rison.

Best Case Scenario--9-0(7-0). Even with the low numbers, this is still Bearden. The program that has been the best and most consistent one not named Junction City over the last 8ish years. They changed coaches 3 years ago..and have gone 32-8 since then. Bearden ALWAYS plays Junction City Close...It may take an act of Mother Nature for the Bears to get it done this year, but this is one of those games it wouldn't suprise me in. With this scenario look for a close game in the trip to Rison to follow, with Bearden doing just enough to escape with the W.

What I think will happen. 7-2(5-2). Low Numbers are never a good thing. Rison is almost at their every 5th year of where they go on a deep playoff run or 2(Last time they went 8-4 they followed it up with 21 victories in 2 years). And Junction City is well still Junction City, and might not be tested this year..I do think that the Bears break the 4 year trend with C. Harmony Grove though.

HorseFeathers

Carlisle Bison

Week 1     England
Week 2     Dewitt
Week 3     @Augusta
WEek 4     @Des Arc
WEek 5      Marvell
Week 6      @Hazen
Week 7     Palestine Wheatley
WEek 8     @Brinkley
Week 9     Clarendon
Week 10     McCrory

Non-Conference--Looks like the tone for this season should be set in week 1. A lost to England could send the Bison into a skid that they probably never recover from. Especially since they are so used to beating up on the Lions that an "upset" loss could just be the blow needed to derail a program that's looking to be way down from a semi-final run from last year.

Conference--Just looking at it from last year to this year, the conference might be about the same. England leaves and McCrory joins, England beat McCrory in a thrilling 5 ot game last year in the playoffs. And Augusta just takes away a possible open date, or non-conference game opportunity.

Worst Case Scenario--3-7(3-5)...Ok I'll be honest it could be worse than this. Hearing some things that I won't post that just makes next season look worse for the Bison. But as I mentioned earlier, an opening season loss to England could just send this team reeling, and losing to a 4A Dewitt team isn't out of the question, even if they are a door mat in their conference. I see wins over Augusta(Red Devils aren't near the team they used to be), Marvell(If Carlisle loses to Marvell in any year, then the coach might ought to hit the exits at full sprint and the car with his foot on the floor), and Palestine Wheatley(their situation doesn't sound much better than marvell's lately).

Best Case Scenario--8-2(6-2)....This is the least Likely I think, but all the trouble could just be smoke and mirrors. Opening the season with a W over an up and coming program like England could open the door to set up an undefeated showdown with Hazen in Week 6. Only losses I see in a best case scenario for Carlisle is Hazen and McCrory.

Most Likely--5-5(4-4)....Could be dark times up ahead for the Carlisle faithful. The trip to Hazen could see the biggest beat down the Hornets have ever given the Bison(Anybody happen to know what/when the current worst one was?)...Losses to England, @Des Arc, Brinkley and McCrory are almost sure things at this point(Could change with more information)...and only 4 wins on the field(assuming Marvell forfeits their trip to Carlisle), and a first round exit in the playoffs so 5-6 overall, for their worst record in 9 years.

Ventman

What ya hearing bout the Bison HF. Inbox me if you don't want to put it on here. I have a kid on this team and I am curious?.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas