• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Off Season workouts

Started by jbtiger73, March 19, 2014, 11:30:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbtiger73

I see where you are coming from cheek and bleudog. but the fact remains that we are very short staffed and wouldn't be able to go anyway. would they like to, of course they would. but just cant at the present time. cheek I hope you don't feel offended by this, but England had one of the best track and field programs in the state when I played as well. but in football and basketball, we beat them pretty good. we lost to them one time in basketball my soph. year at England. and we never went to weight meets or had a big time track program like yall always do. maybe these days, its different, then again maybe not. but when you have people talking about video tape workout sessions, just to prove a point on fearless Friday of all places, then it just becomes border line idiotic. but they expect people to believe everything they say. c'mon man, really???? I bet all the skill players at JC runs a 3.9 in the 40. wonder if everyone will believe that? knowing these fools, probably yes. the weightlifting numbers I gave in earlier posts just shows how proud I am of the progress of those young men. how proud of you of yours? yall care about championships, which definitely aren't bad. but you could care less from the posts that I've read about, what they do afterwards. I could care less if they played another down of football after high school. I want them to be successful off the field or court, more than I want them to be on it. but if your ego is stroked by how many wins your team can produce for you so you can get on here and brag, then grab your jergens and be my guest and have at it.

Cheek

I agree that everyone wants to make their program better, and that includes Brinkley.  I know Brinkley has a history of producing athletes,  and with a good Coaching Staff will be successful . I have learned one thing about this board that if you post about weights or times, people will challenge you, so be ready.

Momalion,  Clarendon has sent students to the State Weight Meet, but it has been awhile.   The argument about  some athlete not being the best, fasteat or strongest because everyone did not compete is a BS.  If someone can compete they will, and those that can't compete stay home and make excuses.    There is no doubt that if Coach Thrash thought he could compete in track or weightlifting, he would.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on March 22, 2014, 04:36:21 pm
I agree that everyone wants to make their program better, and that includes Brinkley.  I know Brinkley has a history of producing athletes,  and with a good Coaching Staff will be successful . I have learned one thing about this board that if you post about weights or times, people will challenge you, so be ready.

Momalion,  Clarendon has sent students to the State Weight Meet, but it has been awhile.   The argument about  some athlete not being the best, fasteat or strongest because everyone did not compete is a BS.  If someone can compete they will, and those that can't compete stay home and make excuses.    There is no doubt that if Coach Thrash thought he could compete in track or weightlifting, he would.
These kids are fast because they have a God given talent. They don't want to do track lol. They want to play basketball. Explain it away all you want, but there will always be faster kids out there not competing.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on March 22, 2014, 07:56:02 pm

These kids are fast because they have a God given talent. They don't want to do track lol. They want to play basketball. Explain it away all you want, but there will always be faster kids out there not competing.

No having any discussion with you when you are wearing blinders.  I think Dragon I has you pegged.  Rogers from England was the fastest male athlete in the state of Arkansas, and the record book with the AAA proves it.   England has fast players who are not scared to toe the line.  If you will check, Clarendon has not beaten England in anything this year unless you count getting mercy ruled by CR.

Dragon I

Momma!!!!!! I'm glad you have a degree.  Now that I know this, you have no excuse with me, for not knowing that you can be football ignorant, and still be a highly intelligent individual in another field.  I never called you stupid, which is what I assumed you were implying, I simply said ignorant.

jbtiger73

I understand cheek, but this is a message board. that's it. not a proving ground. if we sent kids to the weight meet, i'm pretty sure they would do a good job. but we just don't have the man power for that right now. maybe next year. same for track. I've never seen anyone on here show proof about how good their teams are in the weight room. or how they do on the practice field. the only thing we know is what we see on Friday nights. and yes, teams like JC and Bearden and others have proven that. but I've never seen a JC or Bearden player's video with them in the weight room or at practice on here. you just go with what they show when the lights are on bright on Friday nights. so why should I? explain that!!!!

bleudog

March 23, 2014, 08:18:42 am #56 Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 08:24:58 am by bleudog
Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 23, 2014, 07:54:08 am
I understand cheek, but this is a message board. that's it. not a proving ground. if we sent kids to the weight meet, i'm pretty sure they would do a good job. but we just don't have the man power for that right now. maybe next year. same for track. I've never seen anyone on here show proof about how good their teams are in the weight room. or how they do on the practice field. the only thing we know is what we see on Friday nights. and yes, teams like JC and Bearden and others have proven that. but I've never seen a JC or Bearden player's video with them in the weight room or at practice on here. you just go with what they show when the lights are on bright on Friday nights. so why should I? explain that!!!!

Here's a thread with some weight lifting "proof" numbers from the last few years in it:  CLICK HERE

P.S:  P Man was beast.  Pound-for-pound probably one of the strongest kids to ever come thru Arkansas.

jbtiger73

I see that, bleudog. but they said video. that's all im saying. so u gotta take that one up with dragon I and the others who think that way.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on March 22, 2014, 08:18:53 pm

No having any discussion with you when you are wearing blinders.  I think Dragon I has you pegged.  Rogers from England was the fastest male athlete in the state of Arkansas, and the record book with the AAA proves it.   England has fast players who are not scared to toe the line.  If you will check, Clarendon has not beaten England in anything this year unless you count getting mercy ruled by CR.
No blinders lol. I'm not even only talking about Clarendon, there are kids all over the place that don't participate for whatever reason.
And if you are hanging your success on that one 2 pt win then that is sad, especially when our best player didn't step foot on the court that day lol. Sad indeed.

MomaLion

Quote from: Dragon I on March 22, 2014, 09:13:30 pm
Momma!!!!!! I'm glad you have a degree.  Now that I know this, you have no excuse with me, for not knowing that you can be football ignorant, and still be a highly intelligent individual in another field.  I never called you stupid, which is what I assumed you were implying, I simply said ignorant.
Well, I have no problem arguing my point with belligerent folks that think their program is the only good one. I know that there are very nice and respectful fans from each town, unfortunately those aren't always the ones who post. Now y'all have a great Sunday, I know I will...God is good  :)

jbtiger73

Let the church say, AMEN!!!! saints.

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on March 23, 2014, 10:26:43 am

No blinders lol. I'm not even only talking about Clarendon, there are kids all over the place that don't participate for whatever reason.
And if you are hanging your success on that one 2 pt win then that is sad, especially when our best player didn't step foot on the court that day lol. Sad indeed.

I guess sense everyone does not compete we should not compete at all and just stay home. We can shut down the AAA, and just discuss who is the best on this board without playing a game, sounds fun.
We are not hanging our success on one win over Clarendon.  A win is a win, and it is in the books.  England was better than Clarendon end of story.  England lost to CR just like Clarendon, but our game was not a blowout.  The England/CR was a 4 pt game at the end of the third.  Clarendon did set one record this year. They were the 1st team to get Mercy Ruled in a State Finals.  Nice job.

Cheek

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 22, 2014, 01:37:46 pm
I see where you are coming from cheek and bleudog. but the fact remains that we are very short staffed and wouldn't be able to go anyway. would they like to, of course they would. but just cant at the present time. cheek I hope you don't feel offended by this, but England had one of the best track and field programs in the state when I played as well. but in football and basketball, we beat them pretty good. we lost to them one time in basketball my soph. year at England. and we never went to weight meets or had a big time track program like yall always do. maybe these days, its different, then again maybe not. but when you have people talking about video tape workout sessions, just to prove a point on fearless Friday of all places, then it just becomes border line idiotic. but they expect people to believe everything they say. c'mon man, really???? I bet all the skill players at JC runs a 3.9 in the 40. wonder if everyone will believe that? knowing these fools, probably yes. the weightlifting numbers I gave in earlier posts just shows how proud I am of the progress of those young men. how proud of you of yours? yall care about championships, which definitely aren't bad. but you coi diduld care less from the posts that I've read about, what they do afterwards. I could care less if they played another down of football after high school. I want them to be successful off the field or court, more than I want them to be on it. but if your ego is stroked by how many wins your team can produce for you so you can get on here and brag, then grab your jergens and be my guest and have at it.

I support you and what you are trying to accomplish in Brinkley.  I did not say you have to compete in Track or Weightlifting, but if you throw out numbers, you have to back them up. Please whatever you do do not post 4.4 or lower.  You can think about it but don't do it.

bleudog

Quote from: Cheek on March 23, 2014, 11:48:07 am
.....Clarendon did set one record this year. They were the 1st team to get Mercy Ruled in a State Finals.  Nice job.

Jessieville got mercy ruled in 2007.

Cheek

Quote from: bleudog on March 23, 2014, 01:08:23 pm
.....Clarendon did set one record this year. They were the 1st team to get Mercy Ruled in a State Finals.  Nice job.

Thanks, but they are in a small group.

MomaLion

Quote from: MomaLion on March 23, 2014, 10:26:43 am

I guess sense everyone does not compete we should not compete at all and just stay home. We can shut down the AAA, and just discuss who is the best on this board without playing a game, sounds fun.
We are not hanging our success on one win over Clarendon.  A win is a win, and it is in the books.  England was better than Clarendon end of story.  England lost to CR just like Clarendon, but our game was not a blowout.  The England/CR was a 4 pt game at the end of the third.  Clarendon did set one record this year. They were the 1st team to get Mercy Ruled in a State Finals.  Nice job.
That just shows your ignorance lol. It's happened before as was discussed in another thread. And yes it's a win for y'all with all your starters. We were missing our best player and still barely lost lol. Not to mention y'all being left out of the final awards...OUCH...while our missing player got all state and tournament. Really now, you just sound bitter.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on March 23, 2014, 02:29:33 pm

At least we were there. Clarendon and Brinkley out ranked y'all. Now move on to football where y'all can excel.

Cheek

March 23, 2014, 03:57:16 pm #67 Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 04:06:25 pm by Cheek
Quote from: MomaLion on March 23, 2014, 02:54:17 pm

At least we were there. Clarendon and Brinkley out ranked y'all. Now move on to football where y'all can excel.

How did Brinkley or Clarendon out rank us.  We beat them twice and Clarendon once.   I hate to burst your bubble when this appears to be so important to you. England was easily the best of the three and proved it on the court where it counts.
Excuses who was there are not there does not count.  Our starting PG hurt his knee last year before the State Tournment.  We should have won, so I wonder if the AAA will send us the trophy and give us the title. 
The sad thing is Clarendon has one more year to be a factor.  England will compete every year since our Jr High is undefeated and will likely repeat next year.

jbtiger73

but we also beat England also. idk who was there, who was playing or not. but all I know is that we beat a very good team, and im proud of that. ;D

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on March 23, 2014, 03:57:16 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on March 23, 2014, 02:54:17 pm
You must have forgotten regional rankings..that's ok. And I hate to break it to you but our jr high did very well and only had 2 or 3 9th graders...and one of this year's starters is a sophomore. We will be a thorn in your side for a while  :)

How did Brinkley or Clarendon out rank us.  We beat them twice and Clarendon once.   I hate to burst your bubble when this appears to be so important to you. England was easily the best of the three and proved it on the court where it counts.
Excuses who was there are not there does not count.  Our starting PG hurt his knee last year before the State Tournment.  We should have won, so I wonder if the AAA will send us the trophy and give us the title. 
The sad thing is Clarendon has one more year to be a factor.  England will compete every year since our Jr High is undefeated and will likely repeat next year.

MomaLion

You must have forgotten regional rankings..that's ok. And I hate to break it to you but our jr high did very well and only had 2 or 3 9th graders...and one of this year's starters is a sophomore. We will be a thorn in your side for a while  :)

MomaLion

My final thoughts on this topic...why are grown adults on here trying to tear each other down? Shouldn't we be encouraging to one another? Frankly I don't care who wins what or who is faster, stronger or smarter. What I do care about is that these are kids and they are doing something that they love to do. Yes, I want them all to succeed no matter where they are from. So bash on whomever you want but I wish every program the best  :)

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on March 23, 2014, 04:36:11 pm
My final thoughts on this topic...why are grown adults on here trying to tear each other down? Shouldn't we be encouraging to one another? Frankly I don't care who wins what or who is faster, stronger or smarter. What I do care about is that these are kids and they are doing something that they love to do. Yes, I want them all to succeed no matter where they are from. So bash on whomever you want but I wish every program the best  :)

Finally a good post.  This will be my last post as I am waiting in Texas to get on a boat for a week.  Oil spill has us delayed for a day, but it will be okay. Have a good day.

big E

Football post People "FOOTBALL" Basketball is over in the past this is a football board LOL.

jbtiger73

What up big E. how are your boys looking this off season so far?

Lions84

Down here in Tejas we got them working out before and during Athletic  period.  But we got more liberal rules in TX under UIL than you do with AAA.

jbtiger73

how are they different 84? are they better or worse?

big E

Jb between baseball and track not many workin out.I think everyone still lifts and of course track and baseball are runnin.

jbtiger73

we'll, we're not doing track this year because of lack of coaches. but will pick it up next year when we have a couple new coaches on the staff. but our baseball team still lifts with off season football. they just do go as hard as the ones that don't play baseball.

Lions84

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 24, 2014, 12:58:51 pm
how are they different 84? are they better or worse?

We get to put in more time and at my District we have Before School a mid day athletic period and a 8th period for athletics. So our Varsity guys get 2 to 3 hours a day in the Weight room plus we have add those Box jumping exercises and old school Burpee workouts.

the-burpee-the-one-exercise-to-rule-them-all

jbtiger73

we have 8 periods as well. and first and eighth periods are for athletics. they run in the morning, and do weights in the afternoon. some mornings they lift weights though. they just started that maybe 2 years ago. its helping tremendously. our middle period athletics are for the girls sports.

Lions84

Down here Girls have 1st and 8th for athletics.  Plus we have all summer workouts and the coaches check the sign in sheet and cameras.  The Staff expects them to be their 3 days a week unless they are out of town with family.

jbtiger73

I think that's all we need. is more dedication like that. I definitely remember being there all summer 3 to 4 days a week. almost the entire sr high and jr high. even the incoming 7th graders used to do it as well. coach Duncan at Brinkley is instilling that now. 6th graders are showing up for workouts after school. that's impressive in my book.

big E

When ole bucket head was at Pw the klds had to get in 16 lifts before fall camp started and that didnt count 7 on 7 stuff. Seemed to work for us then.

Lions84

Football become a year around sport now days. Spring Offseason and we were on our own back in the early 1980's plus we were working on the Farm.

jbtiger73

yea, it has. with all the 7 on 7 competitions and skill camps. I tell the kids in Brinkley all the time, that I wish I had the advantages that they have today. we would have probably been waaay better than what we were. and we were pretty good.

Lions84

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 26, 2014, 01:44:13 pm
yea, it has. with all the 7 on 7 competitions and skill camps. I tell the kids in Brinkley all the time, that I wish I had the advantages that they have today. we would have probably been waaay better than what we were. and we were pretty good.

I'm not so sure we did not have the repetitive action joint issues I see cropping up on some kids now days.  It helps and it hurts from where I set.

jbtiger73

yea. I remember the first 7 on 7 that I was involved in back in 2000-2001 football season. we had the east Arkansas passing league. it consisted ot Brinkley, clarendon, forrest city, marion, west Memphis, barton, west Helena, and Marianna. we won the league tournament game that year against clarendon by 7. it was very fun for all of us. but looking back, I honestly didn't think 7 on 7 would be as competitive or as more of a staple in football like it is now. even in the air raid tourney that same summer at harding. we lost to them by 3 in the finals of that one. (we really won by 2) but that's another story, for another day. lol

big E

Yeah if you play any sport theres not much time to be a kid. I know my 5 year old would rather go fishin after 3 weeks of t ball. Which by the way suites me just fine.

jbtiger73

yea. sometimes, u just gotta take a break from all the madness, and get back to reality.

Lions84

Down here the kids get 3-4 weeks with some breaks off but they generally are expected to be at the Field House working out 3-5 days a week.

jbtiger73

they're definitely serious about their 2nd religion in Texas.

MomaLion

Well, y'all know I don't have a player, I have a cheerleader and when she was doing competitive cheer she was in the gym 6 days a week year round.  Of course she got burned out and is currently nursing the 4th break in her left wrist which may keep her out of college cheer next season.  I'm not sure I would have done it the same if I had it to do over again.

Lions84

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 29, 2014, 08:49:29 am

Yes you better be committed to play and work or set on the bench and be a JV Hero.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 29, 2014, 08:49:29 am

HaHa yeah...the town my Uncle lives in way out in West Texas is a 1A school by their standards, and has a Turf Field. I asked him about it when we were out there a few years ago, and he was all casual with his answer of yeah everybody out here has turf.

amehr36

Fake numbers AND fake bravado. Sounds like most 2A teams...

jbtiger73

And, who in the heck are you again???? ::)

big E

jbtiger73

Idiots come and go, I suppose

HorseFeathers

Since amehr comes and goes.....I'll answer for him about his credibility....He was on the team from Junction City that effectively ended the Barton Dynasty...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas