• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Off Season workouts

Started by jbtiger73, March 19, 2014, 11:30:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbtiger73

I know its kinda early, but definitely looking foward to football season. so how is everyone's team looking so far in off season workouts? given the fact the baseball and track season are in. just wondering, because we definitely have much increased participation at Brinkley. with over 35 in offseason now, and very much improved weightroom maxes. for example, we have about 10 players, maybe more, that have improved their bench presses over 315, and squats over 500 lbs. and a very much improved work ethic, and also very competitive in the weight room as well. that makes me proud of the jobs that our coaches have done, especially since its only 2 of them. and they are the baseball and softball coaches as well. so that just shows me how much work and how many hours they put in there. and how much they want to win. something we haven't done in a while there. GO TIGERS!!!!

Lions84

jbtiger73

definitely 84. very proud of the work ethic and progress. we are also having a camp in Brinkley in June that i will be keeping everyone informed about on here. former NFL players from the area will be the instructors. we're trying to get alot of the area kids involved. and its totaly FREE!!!! we will be getting more info to all the coaches very soon.

jbtiger73

I geuss soon came very quickly. lol. But the camp is June 14, 2014 at Rusher Field on the campus of Brinkley High School.

MomaLion

That's awesome that the kids are working hard.  The coaches must be doing something right  :)

jbtiger73

they've bought in to a coach for the first time in years. its not about x's and o's. its the work and the commitment from the coaches to get them to this level. we've won a total of 7 games in the 2 years he's been there. but you just see improvement week after week in this team. this year, we're hoping to get off to a good start and keep it going, rather than wating till the end of the season to sneak in the playoffs. hoping to make an early statement momma. i wonder do we still play yall last this year. the new conf schedule is all mixed up. since mccrory and augusta are entering this season. i know we have mccrory at home in week 5 apposed to carlisle which has been our week 5 opponent the past 2 years. we have palestine-wheatley in week 2. that when confrence starts by the way. i'll find out today when i go back to brinkley.

Beaver Fever

Isn't it kinda weird talking about yourself in 3rd person coach

mr.ww

Goodluck to everyones teams this season! The hard work in the off season will determine this next season. Gonna be a great year

Dragon I

OK, let me be "that guy."  Almost one third of your team benches over 315?  As well as these incredible numbers, you also have an equal number of guys squatting 500+?  I guess its possible that Brinkley had a freak group of athletes all come through at the same time.  Not likely, but possible.  I guess there are also 10+ guys that run 4.4 40's as well?  These same numbers get thrown around every year.  JC fans are no exception.  I just have a tough time believing that a team with only around 35 kids has almost 1/3 of the team benching over 315.  I've only been around one 2A team with numbers like that, but they dressed out almost 60 kids.

El Jefe

Quote from: Dragon I on March 20, 2014, 10:34:48 am
OK, let me be "that guy."  Almost one third of your team benches over 315?  As well as these incredible numbers, you also have an equal number of guys squatting 500+?  I guess its possible that Brinkley had a freak group of athletes all come through at the same time.  Not likely, but possible.  I guess there are also 10+ guys that run 4.4 40's as well?  These same numbers get thrown around every year.  JC fans are no exception.  I just have a tough time believing that a team with only around 35 kids has almost 1/3 of the team benching over 315.  I've only been around one 2A team with numbers like that, but they dressed out almost 60 kids.
My thoughts exactly. I think those numbers may be what the kids are telling

jbtiger73

unlike you idiots who just sit back in your recliners and go off he say, she say, im actually with the program and benn so for the past 3 years since i've been back in state. i've actually seen them do it as well. this aint nothin no one has told me. also as i mentioned earlier, i did say earlier in the posts that i hope we can keep it up. i've seen teams fall off in numbers during august practice. but i dont have to explain myself to people like you. but i chose to this time. and also, ask anyone from around this area about our sophomore class from this past year. you might not know or care. but im there to see it actually. most of you rely on sites like these to get all your knoledge. So let me be that guy to tell u to to worry about you own freakin team if you cant be positive about things. its about the kids. not us

Beaver Fever

It is sad that they let you be in charge of children.  If they are that strong they should go to some weight meets.

KOJACK

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 20, 2014, 01:51:38 pm
unlike you idiots who just sit back in your recliners and go off he say, she say, im actually with the program and benn so for the past 3 years since i've been back in state. i've actually seen them do it as well. this aint nothin no one has told me. also as i mentioned earlier, i did say earlier in the posts that i hope we can keep it up. i've seen teams fall off in numbers during august practice. but i dont have to explain myself to people like you. but i chose to this time. and also, ask anyone from around this area about our sophomore class from this past year. you might not know or care. but im there to see it actually. most of you rely on sites like these to get all your knoledge. So let me be that guy to tell u to to worry about you own freakin team if you cant be positive about things. its about the kids. not us
I couldn't disagree more...on this site, it's about us not the kids.

THA TRUTH

I can tell u now if this is true Brinkley will have no problem winning the state weight lifting title if they don't then this guy has a lying problem

THA TRUTH

And I agree kojack this is for has beens to talk about football not young kids

MomaLion

Quote from: KOJACK on March 20, 2014, 02:20:17 pm
And I respectfully disagree with you.  It's always about the kids...we just pay the bills lol.

MomaLion

Don't let anyone get under your skin.  The proof is in the pudding...show them when the season starts  :)

jbtiger73

momma, i aint worried about these fools on here. so i geuss every team that has won a weightlifting title has hoisted a football title as well. if you ever been to a weigh meet before, its not even set up around what you would normally do in the weight room. its called WORKOUTS for just that reason. weight meets aren't workouts. thats why this topic is called "OFF SEASON WORKOUTS" and also, i said i work with them. i never said i was a coach, and i honestly have more football knoledge that i've forgotten than you will ever know. but i can almost assume this; your teams probably probably have winning programs and and seems like they cant do any wrong. im glad for you because sooner or later, sooner for most, its gonna happen. maybe not a losing season, but some down years. and i just wanna see the excuse post from guys like yourself. see unlike you, i dont live my life thru high school football and posting negative things about people that are trying to make a diffrence, rather than thinking its all about the yourself. what have you done for your team or community? im working with a guy from des arc now thats putting on a pre season banquet with Ken Hatfield as the geust speaker. it for the kids, and i get no money for this. its all for the young men that work hard during 2 a days and on friday nights. we've had our time. so what's your next negative comment? i know your gonna take some time to come up with something clever to get a cheap laugh or two. lets go....

Dragon I

LOL! It looks like the fun might begin earlier this year than anticipated.  What you should be worried about is your grammar.  Anyone that has any football or workout sense at all about them, knows that you are full of crap.  Your numbers are just as exaggerated, if not more so, than 90% of the other idiots that get on here.  I'm glad you "work with the children."  You could say I'm pretty close to several of the JC kids.  That doesn't mean I get on here lying about their height, weight, 40, bench max, etc.  I also don't get on here thumping my chest about my vast amount of football knowledge. (Although it is quite vast.)  Then make myself look like an idiot.  Have you ever been to a sanctioned weight meet?  Have they changed them since last year?  They are actually just like working out.  You get time to warm up, stretch, then show what you can do.  If you would like, I'm sure Coach Carpenter would love to have you guys come down and show you how it is actually done.

Cheek

I disagree.  If you will look that the teams that do well in the State Weight Meet, they are successful on the football field.  This included JC, Rison Hazen and Carlisle in 2A.  If you have never been to the State Weight Meet, you need to attend. I will not be attending this year since my oldest son graduated, but I really enjoyed the past four years.  It is a chance for young men to show off all their years of hard work. 

Dragon I

I think it will be tough for him to find someone to agree with him about the weight meet.

jbtiger73

yea I was waiting on you to come back buddy. so I assume you live on the Louisiana side of JC, huh? but really tho, you wish u did a tenth of the things I do for our program than you do for yours. and who are you or anyone to say if someone is lying or not. you aren't in your team's weightroom or on their practice field on a regular basis. now im not saying that makes you less of a fan, because everyone doesn't have the same schedule. but you don't know what the heck is going on here in eastern Arkansas. just like I don't know whats going on down there. so you stay in your narrow minded lane and i'll stay in mine. and cheek, I have been to a weight meet before, but it still doesn't count for success on the field. we never went to a weight meet in high school when playing under Van paschal at Brinkley, and we were a regular 10 to 12 win team a year. making it to the semis my jr year. but we did hit the weight room hard like the guys are doing now. something unfortunately, that they haven't had since the early 2000's. that's why im so proud of them. you maybe riding the coat tails of your team because of the championships, but that doesn't give u the right to get cocky and get all "internet thuggin" on here because no one can see you. its your move now. I know you got something for me........ your pride wont let you give up.  ;D

THA TRUTH

I'll speak for dragon he is rather close has family that plays and has frequent convos with carpenter I'm sure info he hears isn't any lies but not so sure of ur info just saying u can get mad but after everything is done I don't have to believe u

jbtiger73

Hey bro. Have u ever heard me say anything about him or anyone not knowing whats going on? I honestly don't care if you believe me or not. Im from Brinkley, and yall are from somewhere else. I dont know about his relationships with the coaches. But I talk to coach duncan pretty much every week. But I guess yall will think Im lying about as well. Who asked any of you internet thugs to comment on this topic anyway. Its about off season workouts for your team. 
Since spring practice is around the corner. But like I said earlier,  if it strokes your ego and makes you feel like more of a man to attack someone's character on a message board, then get your lotion and be my guest. I never tried to prove anything to anyone on here. So go ahead. Who's next to take an" I-thug" shot at me. If not , then stick to the topic. Im ready......

Dragon I

I'm glad to see that I'm in your head so much that you were waiting on a reply.  You must live and exciting life.  And you're the one, my not so intelligent internet tough guy acquaintance, that asked us to reply to this thread in your first post.  Try reading it slower and using your best comprehension skills.  Rest yourself assured, I'm no thug.  Far from it.  I am however, glad to know, I'm under your skin.  You have already got me pumped for football.  I pray Brinkley can find a way to have to play JC in the playoffs.  Then, like every other year, you will disappear like the rest.

KOJACK

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 21, 2014, 08:24:07 pm
Hey bro. Have u ever heard me say anything about him or anyone not knowing whats going on? I honestly don't care if you believe me or not. Im from Brinkley, and yall are from somewhere else. I dont know about his relationships with the coaches. But I talk to coach duncan pretty much every week. But I guess yall will think Im lying about as well. Who asked any of you internet thugs to comment on this topic anyway. Its about off season workouts for your team. 
Since spring practice is around the corner. But like I said earlier,  if it strokes your ego and makes you feel like more of a man to attack someone's character on a message board, then get your lotion and be my guest. I never tried to prove anything to anyone on here. So go ahead. Who's next to take an" I-thug" shot at me. If not , then stick to the topic. Im ready......
When you say "work with them" don't you really mean water boy ;D.  Since your so full of football knowledge, enlighten me as to why your team isn't that good...with all those strong men competitors...lol

KOJACK

Quote from: MomaLion on March 20, 2014, 11:26:34 pm
Quote from: KOJACK on March 20, 2014, 02:20:17 pm
And I respectfully disagree with you.  It's always about the kids...we just pay the bills lol.
True... I can only speak for mychildishself lol.

jbtiger73

Oh wow. Look who learned some big words today. Somebodys spell check is hitting on all cylinders today. If you were half as intelligent as your football team was good, boy, you would be in business. I like your backwood Cajun, duck dynasty sense of humor. You are very very entertaining my friend. Keep going. I want to hear more.... you too Lojak. Since u seem to want to drop dimes. Childish. Lol. You really told me. What a zinger!!!! I know you got more. c'mon man!!!!

Dragon I

Try to read the thread again.  Once more, use your comprehension skills.  We brought facts, you brought name calling.  Now, you have looked around and realized you are all alone with your stupidity.  We will be here all year.  Don't wear yourself out.

jbtiger73

Yea. See you went and got help. Its cool tho. But you were the one started about the teams. I never said anything bad about JC. But hey, im here whenever you want. I know in ticking you off because i took you away from your freaky movie sites to type on here. And for that, im so deeply sorry. You can get back to what you're doing my friend....

THA TRUTH

Why even talk about Brinkley off season anyway it doesn't help there football performance so I say irrelevant topic

jbtiger73

I geuss you can't read either. It was meant for everyone's workouts. Didn't put Brinkley in front of it genius. Just curious. But where are you from?

THA TRUTH

U are truly an ignorant individual and obviously do not comprehend what u yourself post on here as u talked about Brinkley but I understand u probably have a mental lapse that can't be helped

jbtiger73

Its my team, my fine inbred friend. Why would i discuss another team on here.  C'mon man. I thought u were better than that. You disappoint me truthie my boy.

MomaLion

Quote from: KOJACK on March 21, 2014, 10:19:13 pm
Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 21, 2014, 08:24:07 pm
When you say "work with them" don't you really mean water boy ;D.  Since your so full of football knowledge, enlighten me as to why your team isn't that good...with all those strong men competitors...lol
If you can read, he plainly said that this is a new era for this program. What's the problem with his being proud of the kids. Aren't you proud of yours??? Y'all need to pop a Prozac and relax lol.

MomaLion

Ok children, isn't this supposed to be about the actual kids and how they are doing this off season??? It sounds like Brinkley is getting its program back on track so why all the bitterness? Let them be proud of their progress as you are of yours. As for weight meets, y'all need to realize that not all schools participate in them...same for track. Clarendon has some really fast kids but they don't run track. Therefore yalls track stats do not reflect accurately on who is really the fastest since not everyone competes.
Now play nice.

THA TRUTH

And like I said it's pointless to mention a team that's done nothing

Dragon I

I love how you called all of these posters childish and other things, yet you were the first one to resort to name calling.  I enjoyed your mythical update.  All I said is it wasn't true and you instantly went on the defensive.  People who "know" football and "know" working out, also know your numbers are either false or Brinkley has a group of freaks coming through.  Since you are not the only one who throws around crazy numbers each year, and most of those are proved false also, we "know" the likely hood of you being full of crap is extremely high.  I said in my first post, there is a chance those numbers could be true, not likely at all, but a chance.  The next time they max, just video it and share it here.  It's not that complicated.

MomaLion

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 22, 2014, 08:14:55 am
And like I said it's pointless to mention a team that's done nothing
Hey now, just because they aren't your precious JC doesn't mean they have done nothing!!! You need to get your head out of your butt and stop being such a dbag. Geez man, GROW UP!!! It's not that serious. 

MomaLion

Quote from: Dragon I on March 22, 2014, 08:16:45 am
I love how you called all of these posters childish and other things, yet you were the first one to resort to name calling.  I enjoyed your mythical update.  All I said is it wasn't true and you instantly went on the defensive.  People who "know" football and "know" working out, also know your numbers are either false or Brinkley has a group of freaks coming through.  Since you are not the only one who throws around crazy numbers each year, and most of those are proved false also, we "know" the likely hood of you being full of crap is extremely high.  I said in my first post, there is a chance those numbers could be true, not likely at all, but a chance.  The next time they max, just video it and share it here.  It's not that complicated.
Ok, wipe the sleep out of your eyes. I called y'all children, not tiger. It's like a bunch of kids in here. My **** is bigger than yours kinda discussion lol. It's not that serious.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 21, 2014, 10:31:14 pm
Oh wow. Look who learned some big words today. Somebodys spell check is hitting on all cylinders today. If you were half as intelligent as your football team was good, boy, you would be in business. I like your backwood Cajun, duck dynasty sense of humor. You are very very entertaining my friend. Keep going. I want to hear more.... you too Lojak. Since u seem to want to drop dimes. Childish. Lol. You really told me. What a zinger!!!! I know you got more. c'mon man!!!!

U must can't read either moma

MomaLion

Nah, my brain fogs over with so much BS being slung around.  ;D

jbtiger73

Really video tape???? that's what you came back at me with? this is gonna be too easy. has anyone on here ever videoed a team's workout and posted it on here. heck no. so why should I? why don't you do it and show me how its done down in JC, Louisana, I meant Arkansas. sorry....just stating the obvious.

jbtiger73

I love all you guys. yall are my friends. can we all just get along maaaannnn. ;D

MomaLion

Dragon I

That was aimed at tiger. Calm down momma.  You're a chick. That explains your ignorance.

bleudog

March 22, 2014, 11:56:21 am #46 Last Edit: March 22, 2014, 11:59:19 am by bleudog
Quote from: jbtiger73 on March 19, 2014, 11:30:39 am
I know its kinda early, but definitely looking foward to football season. so how is everyone's team looking so far in off season workouts? given the fact the baseball and track season are in. just wondering, because we definitely have much increased participation at Brinkley. with over 35 in offseason now, and very much improved weightroom maxes. for example, we have about 10 players, maybe more, that have improved their bench presses over 315, and squats over 500 lbs. and a very much improved work ethic, and also very competitive in the weight room as well. that makes me proud of the jobs that our coaches have done, especially since its only 2 of them. and they are the baseball and softball coaches as well. so that just shows me how much work and how many hours they put in there. and how much they want to win. something we haven't done in a while there. GO TIGERS!!!!

Quote from: THA TRUTH on March 20, 2014, 07:38:29 pm
I can tell u now if this is true Brinkley will have no problem winning the state weight lifting title if they don't then this guy has a lying problem

Did/will Brinkley register for the state meet?

Quote from: slowntheMUD on February 12, 2014, 09:41:26 am

EVENT:​22st Annual High School Weightlifting Championship

DATE:​April 5th

TIME:  The weigh in will begin at 7:45 a.m. for those lifters qualifying for a weight class the day of the meet.  We will only weight lifters that are border line on qualifying for a weight class.  If you are sure your lifter qualifies for his weight class then there is no need to have him weigh in.  Coaches will meet at 8:15 with a lifters meeting shortly after.  There will be a short warm up time immediately following the lifters meeting for about 15 minutes with lifting beginning at 9:00 a.m.  The meet should end between 12:00 and 1:00.

MEET LIFTS:  Power Clean and Bench Press

WEIGHT CLASSES:  123 and under, 124-132, 133-148, 149-165, 166-181, 182-198, 199-220, 221-242, 243-259, 260 and up.  To be in a certain weight class the lifter must weigh exactly the class limit or less.  Example:  anyone that weighs exactly 198 or less would be eligible for the 198 weight class.  If the lifter were 198.5 he would lift in the 220 weight class or higher.  Hopefully this will answer any questions about the weight classes.  ONLY ONE LIFTER PER WEIGHT CLASS FROM EACH SCHOOL.  If you bring an alternate, he will only lift if one of your lifter is unable to lift. 

COST:  The cost is $200.00 per team.  Please make checks payable to State Weight Meet.  If a lifter lifts as an individual it will cost $20.00.  Medals will be given to overall 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers in each weight class.  Teams will be ranked by the amount of weight lifted per team for all ten weight classes.  An overall team championship trophy will be given for the overall team champion and a team plaque will be given for team winners of each classification.  We will award team trophies in this manner.  The 7A and 6A classifications will be combined to compete for the 7A/6A state champion.  There will be a champion crowned in the 5A, 4A, 3A, and 2A classifications.   

REQUIREMENTS:​THE LIFTER IS REQUIRED TO BE ENTERED INTO THE CORRECT WEIGHT CLASS.  IF THE LIFTER IS PROTESTED AND FOUND TO BE ENTERED IN THE WRONG WEIGHT CLASS, IMMEDIATE DISQUALIFICATION WILL RESULT.  IF THE LIFTER IS CLOSE TO BEING INELIGIBLE FOR A CLASS, WEIGH THE ATHLETE IN BEFORE THE MEET TO DECLARE HIM ELIGIBLE FOR THE WEIGHT CLASS.  DO NOT PUT YOUR LIFTER IN JEOPARDY OF BEING DISQUALIFIED BY FAILING TO PUT HIM IN THE CORRECT CLASS. 

Lifters in the 9th – 12th grade are eligible to participate. There will be no limit on 9th grade lifters.

DEADLINES:  For Preparation purposes, if you are planning to bring lifters to the state meet, we would appreciate it if you would call or email and let us know your school name by March 14th.  The only reason for this deadline is so that we can figure which schools will be participating and get an estimate on how many lifters to expect.  As far as an official deadline for getting us names and classes of lifters, we must receive names and weight classes by March 28th.  Please email or fax a TYPED list so there are no errors with names and weight classes.  Please include what classification your team will compete in. Hand written lists are too difficult to read. If you have a change in your lifters please email me the change as soon as you know.  It is much easier to change the list before April 5th.  It doesn't matter how many changes you make just please email me the changes as soon as possible. 

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FEEL FREE TO CALL MATT WARRICK OR JEFF HOLT AT RUSSELLVILLE HIGH SCHOOL AT (479)968-9253.  OUR FAX NUMBER IS (479) 890-0245.  My email is jeff.holt@russellvilleschools.net. Matt Warrick's email is matt.warrick@russellvilleschools.net. We look forward to seeing you at the meet. 

Thank You

Jeff Holt
Head Football Coach
Russellville High School

Cheek

Quote from: MomaLion on March 22, 2014, 07:45:07 am
Ok children, isn't this supposed to be about the actual kids and how they are doing this off season??? It sounds like Brinkley is getting its program back on track so why all the bitterness? Let them be proud of their progress as you are of yours. As for weight meets, y'all need to realize that not all schools participate in them...same for track. Clarendon has some really fast kids but they don't run track. Therefore yalls track stats do not reflect accurately on who is really the fastest since not everyone competes.
Now play nice.

This makes no sense.  There is only one way to gauge actual strength and speed, and it is at a sanctioned athletic event.  The fastest student in Arkansas last year was from England.  I can prove this because he won the 100 at the Meet of Champs and has the title to prove it. The student with the highest bench press in the State is also from England.  I can prove this because he benched 445 at the State Weight Meet.  People on this board like facts not fiction.  I am sure Brinkley is turning things around and have a right to be proud.

MomaLion

Quote from: Dragon I on March 22, 2014, 11:05:18 am
That was aimed at tiger. Calm down momma.  You're a chick. That explains your ignorance.
I know it was aimed at tiger but I guess the Moma comes out in me when grown folks are acting like kids. Does any of this really matter? As for being ignorant, my degree in medical science would disagree. You do not want to open that can of worms.

MomaLion

Quote from: Cheek on March 22, 2014, 12:38:21 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on March 22, 2014, 07:45:07 am
Now play nice.

This makes no sense.  There is only one way to gauge actual strength and speed, and it is at a sanctioned athletic event.  The fastest student in Arkansas last year was from England.  I can prove this because he won the 100 at the Meet of Champs and has the title to prove it. The student with the highest bench press in the State is also from England.  I can prove this because he benched 445 at the State Weight Meet.  People on this board like facts not fiction.  I am sure Brinkley is turning things around and have a right to be proud.
You are only the best or fastest if you beat everyone. If everyone does not compete, then you are the best or fastest of those that competed. There are no doubt better and faster kids that choose not to compete. I don't know how much more I can simplify that concept.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas