• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gurdon Job...

Started by HorseFeathers, March 06, 2014, 07:19:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

Well looks like some of you guys got your wish...Gurdon HC job is open

loyal fan

Kyle Jackson would be my guess

WorkOrder

KYLE JACKSON..................NUFF SAID

Man of Steel

Agree.  Coach Jackson would be the man for the job.

HORNET-MAN

HorseFeathers

Quote from: WorkOrder on March 07, 2014, 10:37:48 am
Word is Pace is just gonna teach ALE. Kyle Jackson will get this job. He will be a good one. His dad gets out of coaching in 2013 and he gets a head coaching job in 2014. I know Eddie is happy. Good luck to Kyle and the Go-Devils. They have a good one in him. He will work his butt off to make sure they are successful year in and year out. Any team would be lucky to have him around.

loyal fan

This has been Kyle's job for a while now.  Coach in waiting. Glad for him.

HOOPSTER

If he does a great job there will he go back to Prescott and take over the legacy of his dad?
What about Brad Harris? I have heard his name around town a couple of folks are pushing for him?

The_Devil_Himself

Lincoln was a laughingstock before Harris took over. He has accomplished a lot up there. If you had told me a few years back that Lincoln would beat Nashville in the playoffs, I would have slapped you silly.

Oldbadger

And, just as awesome was beating Malvern.

WorkOrder

I could be wrong, but if Kyle don't get the job I really don't see him sticking around. Why would he? Brad Harris from Lincoln is a pretty good coach but I just don't see him getting the job over Kyle.

The_Devil_Himself

There's good and bad with both. If you like what's been going on in Gurdon the last three years, Jackson should be your guy. If you think the Go-Devils came up short, he's got to at least share the blame. There's no record as a head coach to judge him by.
With Harris, you have about ten years to look at. Some good, some bad. Lately he's been hot though. And there's no questioning that.

HOOPSTER

Yea if Jackson don't get it he won't stay around but has just bought a house here and if Harris don't get it he may never show interest again!

El Jefe

Here's what I know about Gurdon...every time they are around other kids, they are starting trouble. I have seen a big lack of discipline over there in the last 5 or so years. Personally I think they need to cut all ties with their current staff and look elsewhere.

Mohawk 54

We'll El Jefe I guess we must go to different events than you, because I have not seen one problem that you are talking about. Please give examples.

El Jefe

Quote from: Mohawk 54 on March 16, 2014, 08:11:37 am
We'll El Jefe I guess we must go to different events than you, because I have not seen one problem that you are talking about. Please give examples.
Track meet at Prescott Thursday, basketball game at arkadelphia in January,basketball game at Prescott in February, basketball game at Blevins, shall I continue?

Mohawk 54

Man you go to more Gurdon events than most of the people in town, as far as the track meet, yea a couple kids had words and if I was them and somebody got in my face I wouldn't back up either. As far as the basketball games, I personally don't care.  I'm sure they are all angels where you're from.

El Jefe

Quote from: Mohawk 54 on March 16, 2014, 10:45:27 am
Man you go to more Gurdon events than most of the people in town, as far as the track meet, yea a couple kids had words and if I was them and somebody got in my face I wouldn't back up either. As far as the basketball games, I personally don't care.  I'm sure they are all angels where you're from.
That's kids nowadays problem. They can't turn the other cheek. I'm sure your a fine upstanding citizen since you don't care what goes on in your community. And yes I once was a Gurdon fan, but not anymore.

Mohawk 54

Thanks about calling a fine outstanding citizen, and yes I care what goes on in Gurdon. Maybe you should do like you where taught as a youth. Can't say anything nice about somebody, don't say nothing. You know turn the other cheek. Maybe you can find a team or community that you can be happy to cheer for. Have a good day.

HOOPSTER

i did hear about the track meet incident at prescott the other night and I have noticed that about kids around this town as well over the last couple of years. we didn't act that way when I went to school. Whatever coach we hire needs to address that situation before it gets out of hand.

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: El Jefe on March 16, 2014, 09:13:49 am
Quote from: Mohawk 54 on March 16, 2014, 08:11:37 am
Track meet at Prescott Thursday, basketball game at arkadelphia in January,basketball game at Prescott in February, basketball game at Blevins, shall I continue?

Haven't heard a word about any of this. Then again, I'm not exactly in the know on anything either. But since it's been brought up, tell us all about it.

way2go

Quote from: El Jefe on March 15, 2014, 10:56:01 pm
Here's what I know about Gurdon...every time they are around other kids, they are starting trouble. I have seen a big lack of discipline over there in the last 5 or so years. Personally I think they need to cut all ties with their current staff and look elsewhere.

Parents set the tone. Teachers and coaches can only deal with situations when they happen.

KOJACK

Quote from: way2go on March 16, 2014, 05:58:25 pm

Parents set the tone. Teachers and coaches can only deal with situations when they happen.
I agree, but most the time coaches are around kids more than parents nowadays. It is how you deal with the situation whether or not you get their attention.

LionX2

Coaches are not the messiahs of discipline. Often, we want to be. We certainly do impact one or a few lives, tremendously, but ultimately it depends on legislation, the health of the economy, language barriers, poverty and divorce rates, parenting skills, the health of the child (mental and physical), and many more variables than I can mention here. Each of these are factored together and "add up to" the child's perception of their world and connectedness to it and all of its institutions. It's the whole village...it's not "A" or "B" it's "C-all of the above" and how that village works together in a values and principles-driven society....or not.

way2go

March 16, 2014, 11:16:37 pm #24 Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 11:29:36 pm by way2go
Quote from: KOJACK on March 16, 2014, 08:29:11 pm

I agree, but most the time coaches are around kids more than parents nowadays. It is how you deal with the situation whether or not you get their attention.

My point is that just because there IS a situation you can't blame the coaches. That's ridiculous. Sometimes they act out because of situations outside of school and don't respond to punishment because it's their normal. I think a lot of people expect things to work the way they did when they were in school and they just don't.

KOJACK

Quote from: way2go on March 16, 2014, 11:16:37 pm

My point is that just because there IS a situation you can't blame the coaches. That's ridiculous. Sometimes they act out because of situations outside of school and don't respond to punishment because it's their normal. I think a lot of people expect things to work the way they did when they were in school and they just don't.
Then figure out what does...that's the business right?

Man of Steel

Well said, my friend.

Oldbadger

Well, in my humble opinion, Gurdon got it wrong.  Harris was not hired as their head coach.  It seems to me it was a done deal from the beginning.  Wasted a good coaches time.  Well, it would have been a sacrifice anyway so it will probably, in the long run work out better for him.  He will never show any interest in Gurdon again.  Good luck to Kyle Jackson and to Gurdon.  Not a job that really created a lot of interest anyway. 

crmorrow24

Quote from: Oldbadger on March 19, 2014, 10:36:16 pm
Well, in my humble opinion, Gurdon got it wrong.  Harris was not hired as their head coach.  It seems to me it was a done deal from the beginning.  Wasted a good coaches time.  Well, it would have been a sacrifice anyway so it will probably, in the long run work out better for him.  He will never show any interest in Gurdon again.  Good luck to Kyle Jackson and to Gurdon.  Not a job that really created a lot of interest anyway.
I promise you, Kyle will do good things over in Go-Devil land.  IT"S GREAT TO BE A GO- DEVIL........  Gosh I HATE THAT SAYING!!!!!!!

WorkOrder

I promise you they didn't get it wrong. Kyle is a VERY good coach and will be an excellent head coach at Gurdon.

The_Devil_Himself

Congratulations to Coach Jackson and best of luck to Coach Harris.

El Jefe

Whoever is the coach over there better be ready to do 1 of 2 things. Turn a blind eye and win with issues, or clean it up and not be good for a little while.

WorkOrder

The_Devil_Himself

In other words, run off the talent in the name of discipline or face more ridiculous accusations from El Jefe..........who obviously has an agenda here.

Just My Opinion

For a job with not much interest.....there were 22 coaches who applied for the job.....and THREE OUTSTANDING coaches who were interviewed as the final three.  All were smart and articulate men who have a passion for coaching and a commitment to excellence. Any school would be fortunate to have any of the three as their head coach.  I consider it a honor for the Gurdon School District that these three fine men wanted to be our Head Coach/AD.  They were all worthy and for a couple of you posters to act like it is a lowly job "without much interest" to coach a bunch of "undisciplined" players....that is a slap in the face to these hard working coaches who applied for and wanted this job.  Shame on you.

Congratulations to Kyle Jackson and best wishes to the other two fine candidates.  I would be happy for my son to play for any of the three. That's how awesome they all were.

footballfrenzy

There is a discipline issue and not just on the football team, but within the entire high school. One person jokingly stated that running off talent for the sake of discipline is a thing that just doesn't happen or something. Sometimes what needs to be done isn't of popular opinion, but it is what needs to be done at times. Jackson will do just that. He's not a "clowning with the players" type of coach, so if an overhaul and a clean up is needed it will start during summer 7 on 7.

cuz

Quote from: footballfrenzy on May 05, 2014, 10:19:57 pm
There is a discipline issue and not just on the football team, but within the entire high school. One person jokingly stated that running off talent for the sake of discipline is a thing that just doesn't happen or something. Sometimes what needs to be done isn't of popular opinion, but it is what needs to be done at times. Jackson will do just that. He's not a "clowning with the players" type of coach, so if an overhaul and a clean up is needed it will start during summer 7 on 7.
Vince Lombardi had a saying.............
Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.
Not a bad reference to post in the locker room.............

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas