• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 All State

Started by 2asportsfan, January 13, 2014, 08:24:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2asportsfan

Where is a list of the all state players?

bleudog

January 13, 2014, 03:50:22 pm #1 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:57:13 pm by bleudog
Quote from: 2asportsfan on January 13, 2014, 08:24:52 am
Where is a list of the all state players?

Right here:  http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/FOOTBALL_AllState_WO7A_2013.pdf

Congratulations to all and especially the 2A-8 players:

B Jamond Young Bearden
L Josh Armstrong Junction City
B Jaquis Dancy Junction City
L John Tyson Parkers Chapel
L Tristan Ward Rison
B Jeffery Jones Woodlawn

Idoknow

January 13, 2014, 05:00:23 pm #2 Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 06:14:45 pm by Idoknow
What's up with 6-AA, no one from Carlisle made All State! You can't tell me that Ricks and Weddle are not good enough to be All State. The coaches should have split some of the votes to get at least one of them on the All State. Des Arc 2, Hazen 2, England 2. Carlisle beat Hazen and England!

brown2010

I will agree on them 2 and I think the twins from epc were better. 1 was the offensive weapon and 2 would knock your butt off on defense

bleudog

Quote from: Idoknow on January 13, 2014, 05:00:23 pm
What's up with 6-AA, no one from Carlisle made All State! You can't tell me that Ricks and Weddle are not good enough to be All State. The coaches should have split some of the votes to get at least one of them on the All State. Des Arc 2, Hazen 2, England 2. Carlisle beat Hazen and England!

Congratulations to Bo who did win the Paul Ells Award tonight during the Landers program.

bdubyab60

Quote from: brown2010 on January 13, 2014, 07:35:48 pm
I will agree on them 2 and I think the twins from epc were better. 1 was the offensive weapon and 2 would knock your butt off on defense
Some tough picks from the 3 and 6. I don't see how Ricks doesn't make it. 1 and 7 were the twins. Trevor had almost 1400 yards rushing. His brother Tristan was out most of the year with the broken leg. It's hard to pick between the pairs of brothers for sure. But the 6 for sure needs to check some votes

HorseFeathers

All State from Hector..was our "Star" back..and a lineman...Makes sense...

BrianfromCarlisle

January 14, 2014, 06:57:59 am #7 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 07:00:11 am by BrianfromCarlisle
This has absolutely no validity in my eyes if Bo Weddle and Deron Ricks, who rushed for over 2,000 yards, aren't all state.  Absolutely ridiculous!  Who voted on this?

bleudog

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on January 14, 2014, 06:57:59 am
This has absolutely no validity in my eyes if Bo Weddle and Deron Ricks, who rushed for over 2,000 yards, aren't all state.  Absolutely ridiculous!  Who voted on this?

Coaches within the district.  The term all-state has never been really accurate.  It's more like a super all-conference.

BrianfromCarlisle

It's not even that without those guys.

echo5whiskey

January 14, 2014, 07:48:27 am #10 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:56:44 pm by echo5whiskey
Quote from: bleudog on January 14, 2014, 07:10:30 am

Coaches within the district.  The term all-state has never been really accurate.  It's more like a super all-conference.
Bo and Deron were named outstanding offensive and defensive players of the 6aa, and will play in all star game this June. The 6aa doesn't give all star team honers and all state honers to same players. A way to recognize more kids I guess.

BrianfromCarlisle

Ok. Now that makes more sense. Lol

Lions84

Quote from: echo5whiskey on January 14, 2014, 07:48:27 am

Bo and Deron were named outstanding offensive and defensive players of the 6aa and will play in all star game this June. The 6aa doesn't give all star team and all state to same players. A way to recognize more kids I guess.

Thanks for clearing that up! Cause I was about to get real upset.

bleudog

January 14, 2014, 11:35:03 am #13 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 01:26:13 pm by bleudog

Bo and Deron were named outstanding offensive and defensive players of the 6aa and will play in all star game this June. The 6aa doesn't give all star team and all state to same players. A way to recognize more kids I guess.

Coach Carpenter at JC uses the same theory with all-state and all-conference so Armstrong and Dancy probably won't be on the 2A-8 all-district team and two other Dragons can be.  I think all-conference is so many slots based on a school's finish and not a vote.

Not sure about the all-star selection process though and that one is limited to seniors.  If I remember right, JC has had kids be all-state and all-star.  Feel sure Byran was.

Idoknow

January 14, 2014, 02:05:19 pm #14 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 02:14:44 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: bleudog on January 14, 2014, 11:35:03 am

Coach Carpenter at JC uses the same theory with all-state and all-conference so Armstrong and Dancy probably won't be on the 2A-8 all-district team and two other Dragons can be.  I think all-conference is so many slots based on a school's finish and not a vote.

Not sure about the all-star selection process though and that one is limited to seniors.  If I remember right, JC has had kids be all-state and all-star.  Feel sure Byran was.
Bleu, I don't know how the 6AA was different from all the other conference. Each conference has 6 All State selection and the outstanding back and def. player is supposed to come from these 6. You get 3 for offense and 3 for defense and the no. 1 gets to go to the All Star game if they are Srs., if not, then no. 2 goes. This is what the AAA criteria is for All State and All Star game. If you see Coach Carpenter he can verify this. I still don't understand what the 6AA coaches did because Ricks and Weddle should have been All State just like all the other conferences top back and def.player.

bleudog

Quote from: Idoknow on January 14, 2014, 02:05:19 pm

Bleu, I don't know how the 6AA was different from all the other conference. Each conference has 6 All State selection and the outstanding back and def. player is supposed to come from these 6. You get 3 for offense and 3 for defense and the no. 1 gets to go to the All Star game if they are Srs., if not, then no. 2 goes. This is what the AAA criteria is for All State and All Star game. If you see Coach Carpenter he can verify this. I still don't understand what the 6AA coaches did because Ricks and Weddle should have been All State just like all the other conferences top back and def.player.

Thanks for the info.  Sounds like we're on the same page with the Weddle and Ricks faux pas

Idoknow

Quote from: bleudog on January 14, 2014, 02:52:42 pm
Quote from: Idoknow on January 14, 2014, 02:05:19 pm

Thanks for the info.  Sounds like we're on the same page with the Weddle and Ricks faux pas
I've never seen this happen before!

outlaw2929

Where can you find who made outstanding Back and defensive player of each conference?

Idoknow

January 14, 2014, 06:35:51 pm #18 Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 07:27:38 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: outlaw2929 on January 14, 2014, 05:50:09 pm
Where can you find who made outstanding Back and defensive player of each conference?
You'll probably have to wait for the AAA to release the All Star rosters for the East and West. This will be done after the Head Coaches and Assistants are selected for each team. You'll have to go through the rosters and find the two players from the same conference.

Donnie Jamon

2a-3 works as the Coach can name any player he wants as all conf/all district..  it is not discussed but all state is voted on by the coaches and it gets ugly in there.. 

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on January 13, 2014, 08:26:41 pm
Quote from: Idoknow on January 13, 2014, 05:00:23 pm

Congratulations to Bo who did win the Paul Ells Award tonight during the Landers program.
Congratulations to Bo on a great season and hope you have continued success at the next level........

cuz

Congrats to the 2a-8 boys, proud for each one of them............

B Jamond Young Bearden
L Josh Armstrong Junction City
B Jaquis Dancy Junction City
L John Tyson Parkers Chapel
L Tristan Ward Rison
B Jeffery Jones Woodlawn

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas