• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DJ's early 2014 Ranking

Started by Donnie Jamon, December 26, 2013, 10:50:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

THA TRUTH

I believe there's a town in the border that cares a lil

bdubyab60

But no one else. Worried about our own teams getting better. We all know about JC and the run will come to an end one day

THA TRUTH

Yea to bad it's no where in sight

Ventman

It's coming sooner than later from what I'm hearing.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Ventman on February 23, 2014, 09:41:41 pm

did you take a hacksaw to their Louisiana Pipeline?

bleudog

Hopefully that prediction will be as accurate as this one was. 

Quote from: Ventman on December 15, 2013, 06:09:31 pm
I believe that DA will win. They will control the clock and score. DA is more physical than Junction and it will show this Saturday.

;D

cav2012

JC is starting to sound like a certain private school in little rock.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: cav2012 on February 24, 2014, 09:41:03 am

I was thinking the private school in Springdale...but then again they still have Bleu and Cuz to their credit...

bleudog

February 24, 2014, 11:04:20 am #108 Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 11:34:23 am by bleudog
Quote from: HF on February 24, 2014, 10:01:13 am

I was thinking the private school in Springdale...but then again they still have Bleu and Cuz to their credit...

HF, if one were to look at the football team pictures of JC and any private school in Arkansas, it would be a classic example of "one of these things is not like the other." ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on February 24, 2014, 11:04:20 am
Quote from: HF on February 24, 2014, 10:01:13 am

HF, it one were to look at the football team pictures of JC and any private school in Arkansas, it would be a classic example of "one of these things is not like the other." ;D

I was meaning some of the posters :D....Not sure what Cav was referring to

Ventman

Quote from: HF on February 23, 2014, 10:29:45 pm

naw it didn't. I really don't care if they have LA kids on their team. If I could take players from another state I would. Oh and my prediction for the title game was way off and I got on here and ate my crow. That's something no 8A poster does.

DragonBorn

I haven't had to eat crow for 2 years

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Ventman on February 26, 2014, 09:47:57 am
Quote from: HF on February 23, 2014, 10:29:45 pm

naw it didn't. I really don't care if they have LA kids on their team. If I could take players from another state I would. Oh and my prediction for the title game was way off and I got on here and ate my crow. That's something no 8A poster does.

Well I can tell u jc people will eat crow just haven't had to do it since Kenneth Dixon

Ventman

Truth I think y'all will win again this year. But I was talking about the 8 in general. All good things come to an end just asks Nick Saben.

mr.ww

Why isnt hector in the top rankings.? do you not remember there deep run in the playoffs last year and there record and the way they rolled England who was susposed to beat them. i would not take them lightly

Dragon I

Hector lost a lot.  Hector got devastated by the first quality team they played.  That is why no one has them in the top 10.  HF could fill us in on the exact number, but I'm sure I heard that they lost most of the OL and DL.  That was their strong point when they came to JC.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dragon I on March 21, 2014, 09:36:25 am
Hector lost a lot.  Hector got devastated by the first quality team they played.  That is why no one has them in the top 10.  HF could fill us in on the exact number, but I'm sure I heard that they lost most of the OL and DL.  That was their strong point when they came to JC.

...Only calling Junction City a "quality" team is kind of slighting them isn't it?

Anyway...Just looking over the roster that was posted to Maxpreps last season...

I know for sure We Lose to Graduation
Top 3 Recievers
4 Lineman
1 Linebacker
Gus Nichols
and the first guy off the bench in the Backfield...Guess he'd be the 3rd RB.

We had possibly the largest senior class that Hector has had ever...well at least in a long time with 14 seniors...

But...If we can get an O-Line, we have a RB that lit up a couple of teams last year when they were to focused on stopping the QB and Gus...

Dragon I

Not trying to slight Hector, but that conference was considered the weakest in 2A.  Then they struggled with the 5 seed out of our conference.  Wasn't it England that they beat in round 2?  I guess they were decent, but not a top 3 seed still.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Dragon I on March 21, 2014, 10:53:33 am
Not trying to slight Hector, but that conference was considered the weakest in 2A.  Then they struggled with the 5 seed out of our conference.  Wasn't it England that they beat in round 2?  I guess they were decent, but not a top 3 seed still.

I know it was....I think we would have been a 3 or a 4 in 4 of the other conferences...Struggled to make the playoffs in the 8.

Junction City is a poor way to measure a team that's rebuilding their program like Hector though(I'm not taking it as a slight)....I mean look what they did to the COnference champ out of the 6 :D

Dragon I

LOL! Fluke!  I'm as big of a JC fan as anyone, and I think JC was hands down the best team in the state by two or three TD's, but Des Arc was done shortly after kickoff.  The emotion they had played with had carried them as far as it could.  Hector was top 10 last year, but it could be tough for them to duplicate that success this coming season with so many losses to graduation.

HorseFeathers

completely agree about hector. . . . . I look for us to compete for the conference title but this year will for sure tell us if we've got as good of a coach as i think we do. . . .

Cheek

Quote from: HF on March 21, 2014, 11:38:19 am
completely agree about hector. . . . . I look for us to compete for the conference title but this year will for sure tell us if we've got as good of a coach as i think we do. . . .

They do return a good QB and that is a start.

cuz

Quote from: Cheek on March 21, 2014, 11:49:00 am
Quote from: HF on March 21, 2014, 11:38:19 am

They do return a good QB and that is a start.
No HF they return a great QB. Impressed me immenesly and if I recall was just a Freshman?

HorseFeathers

That was cheek. . . . And yes he was just a freshman. .

mr.ww

However this year hector will have a decent senior class. There is still some big big boys at hector and a senior running back will lead the way... if offseason goes good i think the O and D line will be just as good as line last year and possibly better toward the ending of the football season

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas