• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

60-0 Wow!!

Started by tcor145, December 21, 2013, 02:44:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tcor145

This is proof in itself that the AAA need to change the playoff system to a power rating system of some sort.  I have seen the Louisiana system and it seems that it would work.

The playoff system in Arkansas is a joke and you have the better teams pairing off with each other in early rounds.

It will never happen though until administrators and coaches rise up and SPEAK UP!!

Come on AAA, quit being political and let's do what's right for the kids!!

monster_island

December 21, 2013, 02:47:04 pm #1 Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 02:50:59 pm by monster_island
Any change to a power system would probably end up in court. The AAA doesn't won't spend it's non-profit money on lawyers.

the_kosher_pig

Power system?  Des Arc EARNED their right to be here.  They won their conference and won their playoff games. 

HorseFeathers

If bleu will provide the link i'll run the numbers by the louisiana system since that's the most popular system mentioned when this arguement comes up

bigworm

Why In The world would we want anything other than a playoff system. It is what it is. JC was by far the better team today. They were the team to beat all year long. Everyone knew that. They arent 60-0 better. But they were today. I don't think DA could beat them more than one out of 20 tries but I don't think any other 2A team could either. Close game last week but that was aided by jC turnovers. Not taking anything away from any JC opponent but they are the kings of 2a until someone knocks them off the throne. Just an opinion and I may be wrong. Lol. Congrats to jC and DA on 2 great seasons.   

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Anybody who basis des arc overall year off of one game, cannot see the big picture for the crap in their eyes. When we got down those 3 scores so quick, i knew the emotion we been playing on would be gone. des arc beat the other 2 teams that played in the final 4 REGARDLESS where we played them.

J.C. is a great team and would most likely blown out whoever they played today. I think bell not being able to play had them extra fired up. Again congrats j.c. you guys earned it.

bleudog

December 21, 2013, 03:31:27 pm #6 Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 04:04:23 pm by bleudog
Quote from: HF on December 21, 2013, 03:04:24 pm
If bleu will provide the link i'll run the numbers by the louisiana system since that's the most popular system mentioned when this arguement comes up

http://lhsaa.org/uploads/handbook/Section_14_-_Football1.pdf

Section 14.13 is the calculation section.

BW, the system being referenced is still a playoff tournament, it just changes the way teams earn their way in and how those teams are seeded.

And HF, I don't agree with Wilson's opinion of your interest in the JC program. ;)

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 21, 2013, 03:27:46 pm
Anybody who basis des arc overall year off of one game, cannot see the big picture for the crap in their eyes. When we got down those 3 scores so quick, i knew the emotion we been playing on would be gone. des arc beat the other 2 teams that played in the final 4 REGARDLESS where we played them.

J.C. is a great team and would most likely blown out whoever they played today. I think bell not being able to play had them extra fired up. Again congrats j.c. you guys earned it.

Des Arc got shut out three times. You'd have to have crap in your eyes to not see that. 60-0. What a joke.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on December 21, 2013, 03:50:22 pm

Des Arc got shut out three times. You'd have to have crap in your eyes to not see that. 60-0. What a joke.

We still beat the same bearden team yall did and lost to the same j.c. team yall did. Someone posted in another thread earlier this week that a loss is a loss, whether by 1 or 100.

By the way, come by our trophy case, we have the actual runner up trophy.

THA TRUTH

An embarrassing one at that

bdubyab60

At least he's not making excuses

Mohawk 54

Your right bdubyab60, much respect for pick at least he is still on FF unlike the other from DesArc who showed up this past week. May not agree with him on everything, but at least he is still here.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Im not going any where, and i will be the first to tell anyone who asked what happened today. We got our arses kicked in a major way.

But to say we didnt deserve to be there, just says carlisle and bearden are overrated to, seeing how we beat both of them.

EAGLE PRIDE!

Coach Jones

Wow!  Domination continues!

MomaLion

Great job to JC AND DA today.  BOTH teams have had a great season and deserve respect for all they have accomplished!

BrianfromCarlisle

Pick, you know better than to think Carlisle is overrated.  COME ON MAN!!!!   LOL

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bleudog on December 21, 2013, 03:31:27 pm

BW, the system being referenced is still a playoff tournament, it just changes the way teams earn their way in and how those teams are seeded.

And HF, I don't agree with Wilson's opinion of your interest in the JC program. ;)

I must have missed what Wilson said....Hmm...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on December 21, 2013, 07:01:22 pm
Pick, you know better than to think Carlisle is overrated.  COME ON MAN!!!!   LOL

Was only using it to make a point.

Wilson

HF when you were called a JC "supporter" shall we call it earlier i sarcastically called the guy out. . unfortunately it appears some folks here don't understand that skill. .and they also don't know how far back a few of us go or they would know better

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Wilson on December 21, 2013, 08:08:22 pm
HF when you were called a JC "supporter" shall we call it earlier i sarcastically called the guy out. . unfortunately it appears some folks here don't understand that skill. .and they also don't know how far back a few of us go or they would know better

Oh lol...Must have been around the time I cut my time on here back....

CMhawgtracks

Des Arc deserved to be there, they took care of bidness, but I haven't seen a team that matched up less with JC than DA did.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: HF on December 21, 2013, 08:09:45 pm
Quote from: Wilson on December 21, 2013, 08:08:22 pm

Oh lol...Must have been around the time I cut my time on here back....

Also have to say...I used to spar with you guys like some on here do/try now. And...well after a while of being on the losing side you eventually learn to not bet against certain teams...lol

thebigshot

Quote from: the_kosher_pig on December 21, 2013, 02:48:10 pm
Power system?  Des Arc EARNED their right to be here.  They won their conference and won their playoff games. 

True and a 60-0 lost in the state championship game. That's something any of those kids don't want to remember. However, those kids will remember this for the rest of their lives.

I just don't see how they couldn't even get a field goal. A shut out in the title game is embarrassing.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: thebigshot on December 21, 2013, 09:29:33 pm
Quote from: the_kosher_pig on December 21, 2013, 02:48:10 pm

True and a 60-0 lost in the state championship game. That's something any of those kids don't want to remember. However, those kids will remember this for the rest of their lives.

I just don't see how they couldn't even get a field goal. A shut out in the title game is embarrassing.

No...a shut out isn't embarrassing...a 60 point beat down is the Embarrassing part...

thebigshot

Just wondering what did Des Arc do during practice? Anything?

amehr36

Quote from: thebigshot on December 21, 2013, 09:33:50 pm

Probably focused on destiny and fine tuned that "amazing" defense.

gatecrasher

It wouldn't have mattered who the opponent was today. The results would have been the same. Maybe not 60-0 the same, but when JC is clicking on all cylinders, there's not a team in this classification that can hang with them.

Lionheart88

Quote from: amehr36 on December 21, 2013, 11:14:25 pm

Practiced working themselves into an emotional frenzy, apparently.  Half the excuses seem to be "we didn't have enough emotion".

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 21, 2013, 11:45:36 pm

Practiced working themselves into an emotional frenzy, apparently.  Half the excuses seem to be "we didn't have enough emotion".

Actually, if you had been keeping up with des arc the last few weeks you would know what emotion they have been playing with. I was hoping that it would be enough to finish up the season, but when j.c. scored like they did, it drained it from them. Even if we kept it, we still dont beat them. J.c. was on fire yesterday. I wish it was possible for gurdon or bearden to have played them like they were yesterday.

cuz

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 22, 2013, 08:28:02 am
Quote from: Lionheart88 on December 21, 2013, 11:45:36 pm

Actually, if you had been keeping up with des arc the last few weeks you would know what emotion they have been playing with. I was hoping that it would be enough to finish up the season, but when j.c. scored like they did, it drained it from them. Even if we kept it, we still dont beat them. J.c. was on fire yesterday. I wish it was possible for gurdon or bearden to have played them like they were yesterday.
You do have a valid point. I think JC was as focused as a team could be and laid aside all of their frustrations  from the bye's, fumbling and weather. They wouldn't of been denied by anyone.......... ;)

jsk

Am sure that both teams were full of emotion. These are 15 to 17 year kids. I bet it is one more heck of a ride to be on. Emotion is why high school football is my favorite to watch. These kids always play with heart and love of the game.

thabeast428

Jc is on a row lol sate champs in track and field, cheerleading, and now football.. basketball team should make a great run at it too this yr

The_Devil_Himself

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 21, 2013, 03:57:24 pm

We still beat the same bearden team yall did and lost to the same j.c. team yall did. Someone posted in another thread earlier this week that a loss is a loss, whether by 1 or 100.

You didn't beat Bearden the same way Gurdon did, and you certainly didn't compete with JC the same way Gurdon did. You guys got lucky to wind up where you did. If you'd played Bearden on a dry field, they would have mercy ruled you as well.

bdubyab60

Quote from: The_Devil_Himself on December 22, 2013, 11:29:17 am
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 21, 2013, 03:57:24 pm

You didn't beat Bearden the same way Gurdon did, and you certainly didn't compete with JC the same way Gurdon did. You guys got lucky to wind up where you did. If you'd played Bearden on a dry field, they would have mercy ruled you as well.
They beat them none the less. As for a dry field who knows, DA had a little something to do with how bad Bearden played. It's enough with the mud excuse.

Every team has to have some luck. To bad Gurdon doesn't, had JC Luda on a platter and choked.

It would have been interesting if Gurdon had of played on the same field and lost. Wonder what excuses besides mud would have come up then.

the_kosher_pig

I don't think the mud was the issue.  IMO Des Arc would have won anyway.  Bearden is extremely young and doesn't have a lot of depth.

The major issue is blindly saying that there WASN'T mud on the field.  There's nothing wrong with admitting the field looked like crap.  That's why you have home field "advantage". 

HorseFeathers

Thanks for the link...even if you did give me the wrong section haha.....think I'll bookmark it this year so that I don't have to ask for it again lol...

HorseFeathers

December 24, 2013, 12:16:20 am #36 Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 12:19:45 am by HF
So....here's using the louisiana system...here's how the bracket would have looked after 10 weeks of the regular season. The number in front of top team is there overall seed. This doesn't keep in mind the opinion that same conference match-ups should be avoided until quarter finals....
================
1 EPC
Augusta

16 Cutter Morning Star
Walnut Ridge
====================
8. Carlisle
Conway Christian

9. Magazine
Parkers Chapel
====================
4. Gurdon
Mountainburg

13. Hazen
Union Christian
=================
5. Des Arc
P/W

12 Strong
Hackett
==============
Bottom Bracket
2. Junction City
Mineral Springs

15 Mount Ida
Springhill
===================
7. Bearden
Murfreesboro

10 Rison
Marked Tree
==================
3 Dierks
Brinkley

14 McCrory
England
=================
6 Hector
Cross County

11 Magnet Cove
Salem
==================

***Note...Only team that would have missed the playoffs under this system that made it under current system is Bigelow. Augusta(32nd), P/W(28th) and Cross County(27th) are the 3 teams that replaced the byes and Bigelow)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

"IF" we went by that bracket, the 3-2A would have had the most teams in with 7, the 6 would have 6,  the 8 would only have had 5. Plus j.c., bearden, and rison would have been on same side. Then the 8 people would be mad about that.

But there would be some interesting match ups.

bleudog

Quote from: HF on December 23, 2013, 11:06:30 pm

Thanks for the link...even if you did give me the wrong section haha.....think I'll bookmark it this year so that I don't have to ask for it again lol...

dragonator

Quote from: thabeast428 on December 22, 2013, 09:07:50 am
Jc is on a row lol sate champs in track and field, cheerleading, and now football.. basketball team should make a great run at it too this yr

That's back to back cheerleading titles. Hmmm? Sounds kinda fishy to me. Must be all those Louisiana girls. We all know they got more spirit.  :o :o :o

BigLion10

Would've had another Carlisle epc match up in the second round under the Louisiana Bracket

bleudog

Quote from: BigLion10 on December 24, 2013, 09:05:57 am
Would've had another Carlisle epc match up in the second round under the Louisiana Bracket

That would have been a third round game (baring upsets)

1 EPC
Augusta

16 Cutter Morning Star
Walnut Ridge

====================

8. Carlisle
Conway Christian

9. Magazine
Parkers Chapel

BigLion10

My bad still a Carlisle epc game for the 4th straight year would've been crazy

bleudog

December 24, 2013, 09:23:57 am #43 Last Edit: December 24, 2013, 11:08:59 am by bleudog
Quote from: BigLion10 on December 24, 2013, 09:19:52 am
My bad still a Carlisle epc game for the 4th straight year would've been crazy

Junction - Bearden would have been a possibility in the third round too.

But when you get down to the elite eight, the higher seeds should expect tough games.

The primary point is with power rating seeding those Top Eight type games should be less likely to happen before Thanksgiving.

HorseFeathers

Using Calpreps to project throug this...to kind of show how the bracket is more balanced using this system...

Quote from: HF on December 24, 2013, 12:16:20 am
So....here's using the louisiana system...here's how the bracket would have looked after 10 weeks of the regular season. The number in front of top team is there overall seed. This doesn't keep in mind the opinion that same conference match-ups should be avoided until quarter finals....
================
1 EPC      62-0
Augusta

16 Cutter Morning Star  20-34
Walnut Ridge
====================
8. Carlisle  41-17
Conway Christian

9. Magazine  14-21
Parkers Chapel
====================
4. Gurdon   48-3
Mountainburg

13. Hazen  48-10
Union Christian
=================
5. Des Arc  31-3
P/W

12 Strong 31-7
Hackett
==============
Bottom Bracket
2. Junction City 48-0
Mineral Springs

15 Mount Ida  27-19
Springhill
===================
7. Bearden   42-7
Murfreesboro

10 Rison  35-14
Marked Tree
==================
3 Dierks  48-12
Brinkley

14 McCrory  33-34
England
=================
6 Hector   35-28
Cross County

11 Magnet Cove 28-27
Salem
==================
Round 2
1. EPC  38-21
17. Walnut Ridge

8. Carlisle 35-8
24. Parkers Chapel
=====================
4. Gurdon 31-22
13. Hazen

5. Des Arc  26-8
12. Strong
====================
2. Junction City  44-7
15. Mt Ida

7. Bearden 28-21
10. Rison
-=======================
3. Dierks  42-20
19. England

6. Hector 28-22
11. Magnet Cove
=======================
Quarter Finals
1. EPC    27-28
8. Carlisle

4. Gurdon 24-20
5. Des arc
=========================
2. Junction City  27-14
7. Bearden

3. Dierks 38-20
6. Hector
========================
SEmi Finals
8. Carlisle  24-28
4. Gurdon

2. Junction City 38-20
3. Dierks

Championship
4. Gurdon
2. Junction City  34-21

***Note...Only team that would have missed the playoffs under this system that made it under current system is Bigelow. Augusta(32nd), P/W(28th) and Cross County(27th) are the 3 teams that replaced the byes and Bigelow)

Kinda goes to show that even a power rating system has it's flaws when looking at all the teams on paper...

Higher Seeds were
13-3 in Round 1
8-0 in Round 2
2-2 in Round 3
1-1 in Round 4
1-0 in Finals...

FD4

Well, as the outsider, (hang on the 5A board a lot, as expected being from Wynne) I still say, hands down, Coach Carpenter has got a machine going on down there.  When you can get the most out of your talented players, which is what he is good at, you win.  Plain and simple.  Great players come in time, in the mean time you get your players you have to work hard.  And like the Best kid from McCrory a couple years ago, "Hard Work Beats Talent When Talent Doesn't Work Hard".  J.C. kids work hard at what they do, at everything.  And the gene pool down there is pretty stout too.  Good job to everyone who played this year from every team in the state, 7A to 2A.

Lions84

WOW DA did not show up or What???????/

cuz

Quote from: Lions84 on December 28, 2013, 08:05:12 pm
WOW DA did not show up or What???????/
Elles ont laissé leur Alligator bouche leur surcharge Hummingbird rear.... ;D

BigBrother

Hope we all learned a valuable lesson speed melts steel.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas