• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How Clarendon Fans are feeling so far this year.

Started by Lions84, September 17, 2013, 10:29:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

big E

Hey where did u get that video of me and drinkin buddies.

MomaLion

We aren't quite there yet but I imagine we will be Friday night lol.

Elvis

I think Clarendon looks GREAT in uniform. From the game I watched in person I think the new coach will get things turned around. You have to change the culture that has been dooming the program the last 5 years, and even run some of the kids off if they don't buy into his system. Don't know how many of those kids are SR's, but I think the future will be good with the new coach.

Lions84

Quote from: Elvis on September 18, 2013, 07:24:34 am
I think Clarendon looks GREAT in uniform. From the game I watched in person I think the new coach will get things turned around. You have to change the culture that has been dooming the program the last 5 years, and even run some of the kids off if they don't buy into his system. Don't know how many of those kids are SR's, but I think the future will be good with the new coach.

Coach Thrash is doing great it is the Injury Bug that is killing US.

big E

Usually when you get a new coach at this level and you have not been very successful you have to weed out some kids that dont want to buy in,we had it at PW when Sartin got there kids didnt want to work or practice,that's why he put alot of time in with the jr high that was the future,this group of jr's were 7th graders when he got here and the program is alot better now than it was then,we've got at least 3 more good groups comin so we will be ok for a while,and Thrash will do the same thing's at Clarendon just give him time and it will work out in the end.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

big E

Chuck Sartin graduated from Brinkley in the late 80's.

Lions84

They had Sartins playing at Buck for at least 50 years.

MomaLion

Quote from: Elvis on September 18, 2013, 07:24:34 am

I believe we have 6 Srs this year.  Thrash has already turned the program around, now we just have to give him time to do his work.  The whole town has been behind this new coaching staff and we are seeing great numbers at the games both home and away...we thought we were gonna have more than Cedar Ridge last week lol.
Once we get everyone healthy and all working together, we will be fine. The next few weeks aren't gonna look very good on paper because of who we are playing but I see a spark in these players that has been missing for a while  ;D

Lions84

I know Coach Thrash will get it turned around and my folks said people are excited !

Lions84

MomaLion

We have another concussion tonight and our 3rd qb may have broken his arm :'(

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on September 20, 2013, 09:54:47 pm
We have another concussion tonight and our 3rd qb may have broken his arm :'(

Next friday wont be pretty either.

MomaLion

Our QBs get mauled because nobody will freakin block for them. It's so frustrating to watch the really talented kids getting hurt because our guys aren't blocking...agggghh

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on September 20, 2013, 11:00:39 pm
Our QBs get mauled because nobody will freakin block for them. It's so frustrating to watch the really talented kids getting hurt because our guys aren't blocking...agggghh

Yea thats no good at all.

Lions84

Jacketman65

MomaLion, Please don't start calling out your linemen for not blocking, could be  a lot of things - bad schemes, bad coaching, no want to - gritt - guts, or just bad talent.  I'm sure you wouldn't want your QB on the line trying to block either!!! ;D ;D ;D and hope it gets better, if not this year than nest.  Good Luck

MomaLion

Quote from: Jacketman65 on September 23, 2013, 11:31:06 pm
MomaLion, Please don't start calling out your linemen for not blocking, could be  a lot of things - bad schemes, bad coaching, no want to - gritt - guts, or just bad talent.  I'm sure you wouldn't want your QB on the line trying to block either!!! ;D ;D ;D and hope it gets better, if not this year than nest.  Good Luck
You are absolutely right...but one way or another the job isn't getting done and it's getting young men hurt.  At this point i'm just hoping we don't lose more of our basketball guys to injury during football since we have several double dipping this year.  Of course the Moma comes out of this MomaLion when my babies are hurt  ;D ...heck, my daughter even got hit with the ball last week while cheering lol.

Lions84

Coach Thrash will get this turned around but I doubt it will be this year.  He is a good young man and has a solid staff.  More kids just need to put up the X box and get out and play real football.

MomaLion

Agreed.  He got a good start on them this year with the all summer 7 on 7s.  One of the QBs even gave up his summer job to participate.  He has has the momentum going in the right direction as long as we can make these kids understand that it's not an instantaneous thing to start winning.  I'm afraid they will get discouraged and go back to being lazy lol.  So far the town is in full support of them win or lose so hopefully this is the beginning of a new era in Ctown  ;D ....plus we have a great Jr coming up and even our Pee wees are looking 200% better than years past thanks to some great parents stepping up and bringing back the programs.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on September 24, 2013, 11:55:54 pm
Agreed.  He got a good start on them this year with the all summer 7 on 7s.  One of the QBs even gave up his summer job to participate.  He has has the momentum going in the right direction as long as we can make these kids understand that it's not an instantaneous thing to start winning.  I'm afraid they will get discouraged and go back to being lazy lol.  So far the town is in full support of them win or lose so hopefully this is the beginning of a new era in Ctown  ;D ....plus we have a great Jr coming up and even our Pee wees are looking 200% better than years past thanks to some great parents stepping up and bringing back the programs.

Speaking of pee wee programs, des arc swept clarendon tonight in all three games.

GO EAGLES!.

MomaLion

I wondered how those turned out...thanks for the info.  Watch out for our Jr high though Thurs...I think I may just have to wake up early so I can go watch that game ;)

Wonderdog

Quote from: MomaLion on September 24, 2013, 11:55:54 pm
im not sure how things work in Clarendon, but when i played had a player skipped out on multiple summer events, it would more than likely have a serious effect on his potential playing time and even bring in to question his dedication to the team. however, i understand that there are situations where a young man has to provide for more than just his spending money and has extended responsibilities that most kids his age may not have. that being said, a small school like Clarendon may not have that sort of pressure on their athletes like where i went to school.

MomaLion

I'm not sure you read that the way I meant it lol...He quit his summer job so that he could participate in the 7 on 7s.  He is new to QB this year and put in total effort over the summer to learn.  That being said, we do have kids that work to help support their families and i'd hope that the coaches would be considerate of that especially considering we have so few kids to work with to begin with  ;D ...Coach Thrash is expecting total commitment from these young men and as well he should.

Lions84

Coach Thrash is bringing the PA mentality to CHS and I am very proud of him.

MomaLion

Lions84

While this season been ruff so far I know the future is Bright.

MomaLion

You got that right.  We have the support of the town and student body as a whole...the future is bright for my babies  ;D

Lions84

I am glad to here the Town rallying around Coach and the New Staff.

Lions84

Lions84

Elvis

I know Clarendon is 0-4 on the year, but give coach a chance. I'm not even from Clarendon or a fan, but I think he will get it going with support from the fans. The kids will buy in. Ask Ex-Carlisle coach Waymire whom had tons of success there about his 0-4 start at Trumann. Culture changes can be tough for kids, but I'm sure Clarendon will do fine.

Lions84

Quote from: Elvis on October 04, 2013, 11:09:47 am
I know Clarendon is 0-4 on the year, but give coach a chance. I'm not even from Clarendon or a fan, but I think he will get it going with support from the fans. The kids will buy in. Ask Ex-Carlisle coach Waymire whom had tons of success there about his 0-4 start at Trumann. Culture changes can be tough for kids, but I'm sure Clarendon will do fine.

WE will but this year been murderous.

Lions84

http://m.youtube.com/index?&desktop_uri=%2F#/home

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Lions84 on October 05, 2013, 05:08:35 pm

Um...that's just the youtube homepage??

bigworm

Quote from: Lions84 on September 25, 2013, 08:32:52 am

Clarendon offering scholarships now?

MomaLion

Quote from: bigworm on October 05, 2013, 09:45:59 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on September 25, 2013, 08:32:52 am

Clarendon offering scholarships now?
We can't afford the kids we got lol...scholarships  :o

bigworm

Lions84

October 07, 2013, 09:07:43 am #39 Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 09:09:54 am by Lions84
Quote from: HF on October 05, 2013, 08:37:30 pm
Quote from: Lions84 on October 05, 2013, 05:08:35 pm

Um...that's just the youtube homepage??

Sorry

Lions84

Lions84

If this was not a family sight I would post a Hank Williams Jr song

Lions84

MomaLion

I was extremely disappointed in the low turnout for last Friday's game against PW.  You folks that call yourselves fans need to be out there supporting those kids win or lose...just shameful!!!

Lions84

I remember where my wife works when they went 0-10 by game 5 the stands were just parent and kin.

Come on Clarendon fans and support these kids they are working hard and trying to win.

Jacketman65

Won't happen, doesn't matter where you live, a bad team IS a bad team and the support just won't be there.  Sad for the kids!!! But, you have to keep :) :) :)

MomaLion

Quote from: Jacketman65 on October 22, 2013, 10:49:07 pm
Won't happen, doesn't matter where you live, a bad team IS a bad team and the support just won't be there.  Sad for the kids!!! But, you have to keep :) :) :)
That hasn't always been true of Clarendon fans.  We traditionally fill the stands at home and bring a large group when we travel.  I'm not sure what the deal was Friday night but it was sad.  I remember the opening game was packed this year. 
Those boys are out there playing their hearts out every game regardless of the score so they need our support.

big E

I did notice pw's crowd was alot bigger than clarendons. Sad for the kids.

Lions84

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on October 23, 2013, 06:06:32 am
I did notice pw's crowd was alot bigger than clarendons. Sad for the kids.
Trust me, you weren't the only one that noticed.  Thankfully we do have the faithful bunch that always shows up rain or shine to show those kids some support  :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas