• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FearlessFriday Fan Preseason Poll

Started by HorseFeathers, July 20, 2016, 08:18:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

July 20, 2016, 08:18:07 pm Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 08:25:56 pm by HorseFeathers
.....took a while for me to get around to doing this, and for those that are going to post and say "I didn't see where to vote etc", the voting concluded July 4th

1(3). England(8)..............106 points....Lions fell short on a sloppy field in the semifinals to Runner-Up Rison
2(7). Hector(1).................94 points.....Wildcats star QB Tanner Gaines threw for 400 yards, but still fell short in the QuarterFinals at Rison
3(3A). Danville(2)................83 points....Little Johns enjoyed tons of success in their last stint in 2A, and come off a Conference Championship season in the 3A-4
4(5). Mt Ida......................65 points....Lions enjoyed their best season since 2007 with a 12-1 campaign that ended at Champion McCrory
5(2). Rison.......................59 points....Last Years Runner-Up Wildcats have 3 consecutive Quarterfinals appearances, and Rival Junction City has left for 3A
6(3A). C. Harmony Gove......54 points......But a New Rival for the Wildcats drop from 3A, The Hornets won a playoff game for first time since 2012
7(1). McCrory...................49 points.....Will the Jaguars be able to build on their Dream Season, or will the Jaguars return to the middle of the pack this year...
8(4). Des Arc....................38 Points.....Even with Coaching Changes and Graduation the Eagles are always in the conversation
9(UR). Earle........................25 points.....The Bulldogs have the talent, but as some have alluded to on here, can they stay focused on football instead of basketball?
10(UR). Magnet Cove...........10 points.....Solid Program that had their first losing season since 2006, but still won a playoff game on the road last season.

Dropped Out: #6 Conway Christian, #8 Hazen, #9 Junction City, #10 Hackett

Others Receiving Votes: Hermitage(6), Conway Christian(6), Hackett(4), Bearden(3), Marked Tree(1), Cross County(1), Carlisle(1)

Next Vote Will be after Week 1

Ventman

What coaching changes were made at Des Arc?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Ventman on July 21, 2016, 09:38:32 am
What coaching changes were made at Des Arc?

I think he means in years past, even WITH coaching changes you always have to consider des arc.

bearbacker52

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 21, 2016, 01:14:22 pm
I think he means in years past, even WITH coaching changes you always have to consider des arc.

yep you guys are right up there competing, even when yall lost to jc, they was trying to say yall was not the second best team in the state..hello frank how ya doing

Ventman

DA has been solid for a lot of years. Must be that river boat restaurant or the river water itself. Pick y'all always got some big ole boys on the lines!

FD4

Seen Earle over here in Wynne at a couple camps, one was a 7/7 the other a good old fashion camp on technique.  If the Bohannon guy gets just a half tick better on his timing, there is not a better laser arm in 2A in the state.  That guy can zip it 45 yards on a rope.  They have a little speed to go along with that as well.  But, like all 2A programs, depth depth depth.  I don't think Earle will have a problem saying focused on football.  They look pretty good to me.

HorseFeathers

that would be it, 3 coaches since 08 isn't it?

Quote from: FD4 on July 21, 2016, 03:12:07 pm
Seen Earle over here in Wynne at a couple camps, one was a 7/7 the other a good old fashion camp on technique.  If the Bohannon guy gets just a half tick better on his timing, there is not a better laser arm in 2A in the state.  That guy can zip it 45 yards on a rope.  They have a little speed to go along with that as well.  But, like all 2A programs, depth depth depth.  I don't think Earle will have a problem saying focused on football.  They look pretty good to me.

may have only been one poster, but I've read it on here that they start out focused, then as the temperature gets colder they start getting the itch for basketball

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Harper left after 08
Hill
Prescott
Widener current

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 21, 2016, 02:10:51 pm
yep you guys are right up there competing, even when yall lost to jc, they was trying to say yall was not the second best team in the state..hello frank how ya doing

I'm good. How about you?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on July 21, 2016, 04:53:31 pm
Harper left after 08
Hill
Prescott
Widener current

4 coaches in 8 seasons.....and 14 playoff wins in same time span...eagles are the definition of consistency.

Quote from: bearbacker52 on July 21, 2016, 02:10:51 pm

what's it like, always riding junction citys coattails?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 21, 2016, 04:56:18 pm
4 coaches in 8 seasons.....and 14 playoff wins in same time span...eagles are the definition of consistency.

We have had/have 3 good ones and then there is Hill who is our superintendent now.

Pit Bull

Quote from: FD4 on July 21, 2016, 03:12:07 pm

This will be a good squad, highly coachable..

HorseFeathers

anyone want to revote based on new information?

BigLion10

Delta_Bravo

I'm down. After all the crap biglion talked about Hampton being top 20. LOL

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on August 10, 2016, 10:00:51 pm
I'm down. After all the crap biglion talked about Hampton being top 20. LOL

until the random move ins we both know that it was undeserved lol

BigLion10

Delta_Bravo

These two think their so funny. LOL. I wasn't saying much back then I was hoping to surprise a team or two in the 8 and maybe win a playoff game. The kids here are working really hard. I really can't wait to see Monta run this flexbone option. He has picked it up quick.

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: HorseFeathers on August 10, 2016, 09:27:49 pm
anyone want to revote based on new information?
I think it should stay like it is. People can make a change after week 1. Hampton is going to be good with the new editions, but let them prove they belong in the Top 10.

beach bum

August 11, 2016, 09:35:34 am #19 Last Edit: August 11, 2016, 11:40:36 am by beach bum
Quote from: #72 Bearden Bear on August 11, 2016, 07:44:52 am
I think it should stay like it is. People can make a change after week 1. Hampton is going to be good with the new editions, but let them prove they belong in the Top 10.

Hampton is going to be a good team, but eventually they will run into a team like Hector, England, Des Arc, Mount Ida, or Danville in the playoffs where their junior and senior classes don't know anything except winning which is what they have done their whole life. Football is played in pads, not shorts and a shirt. There are lines on both side of the ball in football and a physical team will take them out of the playoffs. It is like Robinson in 4A. It doesn't matter how much offensive athletes you have if you can't do the basic things as good as the elite teams like blocking, tackling, defense and toughness. Even Mountainburg was too physical for Hermitage last November. Look at how many points Hermitage was giving up last season on defense and explain to me how that is a top 3 or 4 team by even combining the teams?

Dr. Defense

Hampton does not deserve to be a top 10 team until they prove it on the field

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Delta_Bravo on August 10, 2016, 10:28:46 pm
These two think their so funny. LOL. I wasn't saying much back then I was hoping to surprise a team or two in the 8 and maybe win a playoff game. The kids here are working really hard. I really can't wait to see Monta run this flexbone option. He has picked it up quick.

One thing I learned on here over the years trying to do exactly what you are doing... Preaching about how good a team is and why they don't get any respect.

Respect is earned, not given.

Let them prove that they have what it takes and they will earn the respect of most people.

Donnie Jamon

Jag-Class07

Think I would have Hazen at 10 instead of Magnet Cove.  They seem to always field a well rounded team .

Cheek

Quote from: Jag-Class07 on August 15, 2016, 01:49:24 am
Think I would have Hazen at 10 instead of Magnet Cove.  They seem to always field a well rounded team .

Hazen has had a good program,  but this will be a down year for them. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas