• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A watchlist 2016

Started by heavyhittaz_7, June 27, 2016, 08:08:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

heavyhittaz_7

Fellas this something to pass us just a little more time until we all are sitting under them lights on Friday nights! Also we can post here though out the season with game stats of the players you put on here.

My top 5 watchlist!

1. Brazeal (England)
2. Thomas (Hermitage)
3. Jackson (PC)
4. Gaines  (Hector)
5. Bohanon (Earle)

No order!

Ventman

1.Brazeal 2.Gaines I think it's between those two this year.

ljfan92

Not sure why jake madding from Danville isn't getting any hype

HorseFeathers

Quote from: ljfan92 on June 27, 2016, 10:42:41 pm
Not sure why jake madding from Danville isn't getting any hype

a relative unknown to the 2a guys....kid will put up gaudy stats in that conference though

ljfan92

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 27, 2016, 10:45:59 pm
a relative unknown to the 2a guys....kid will put up gaudy stats in that conference though
i agree. Just look at the stats he put up in the 4-3A. Over 2500 total yards and 32 touchdowns

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Both Conway boys from des arc will be known about on both sides of the ball.

Ventman

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 28, 2016, 06:40:25 am
Both Conway boys from des arc will be known about on both sides of the ball.
How are the Eagles looking pick?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

June 28, 2016, 03:00:32 pm #7 Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 05:22:25 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: Ventman on June 28, 2016, 07:38:42 am
How are the Eagles looking pick?

I think we will look very similar to last year's team.

bigworm

agreed on Madding. He will be a good one.

Ventman

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 28, 2016, 03:00:32 pm

I think we win look very similar to last year's team.
Ten4 good to hear.

BigLion10

I believe BJ Thompson from England will have a great year and have more D1 offers than anyone else in 2A. Already has 12 and plenty more schools are looking

mtindian42

Congrats to this young man. Keep up the good work!

Ventman

Are the Hogs showing interest in BJ?

BigLion10

Pretty good interest as well he's been up there a time or two and Barry Lunney has been down some to practice and workouts

Ventman

That's good, would hate to see him leave the state because they didn't show interest.

BigLion10

He wants an offer bad I know from when I've talked to him

BigLion10

Well just got through talking with BJ and he says the coach told him they weren't going to offer. They are looking for more developed TEs. So right now they are off his list. He says his July calendar is full of camps just has to pick the ones he wants to attend

Ventman

Man they may end up regretting that one.

mr.gametime

Yeah...the number 1 juco tight end in the country...just committed to Arkansas last week ..plus they already have 7 scholarship tightends on campus and all will be back next year but 1...and out of those 6 that will be returning 4 of them were 4 star recruits.....any other year he probably would have got offered

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: mr.gametime on June 30, 2016, 04:11:12 pm
Yeah...the number 1 juco tight end in the country...just committed to Arkansas last week ..plus they already have 7 scholarship tightends on campus and all will be back next year but 1...and out of those 6 that will be returning 4 of them were 4 star recruits.....any other year he probably would have got offered

1 or 2 yr out of state jucos are taking away 4 yr in state scholarship opportunities for arkansans. I get why they offer them, but there is a cause & effect thing too.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

No knock on b.j., but if he weighed about 40-50lbs more with the same abilities, he would get an offer anyway.

Bigditchlion

They convert players all the time. He may still get an offer just not at TE! I predict by the end of the season he will be able to go anywhere he wants. Hope he stays focused and remains humble. He is a great kid and great with our youth!

WPWells

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 30, 2016, 06:38:48 pm
1 or 2 yr out of state jucos are taking away 4 yr in state scholarship opportunities for arkansans. I get why they offer them, but there is a cause & effect thing too.

"Taking away"

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 30, 2016, 06:38:48 pm

would you rather, have an all arkansan roster and go 0-12, or see the u of a, go 12-0 and not have a single kid from arkansas on the roster?

mr.gametime

Quote from: Bigditchlion on July 01, 2016, 05:38:03 am
They convert players all the time. He may still get an offer just not at TE! I predict by the end of the season he will be able to go anywhere he wants. Hope he stays focused and remains humble. He is a great kid and great with our youth!

Yeap Jamario Bell from Junction city who originally went to Arkansas to play defensive end...has been moved to T.E this year..from what I understand most of the schools that were recruiting him out of high school was for the T.E position....but Arkansas was recruiting him for Defensive end.

bigworm

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 01, 2016, 04:17:58 pm
would you rather, have an all arkansan roster and go 0-12, or see the u of a, go 12-0 and not have a single kid from arkansas on the roster?

Ain't either one ever gonna happen. Hahahahaha. But the 0 and 12 will come before the 12 and 0.

Pit Bull

Might be a rumor but I heard Bama came knocking at Bohanan's door this week...

2aball

Quote from: BigLion10 on June 29, 2016, 05:56:55 pm
Well just got through talking with BJ and he says the coach told him they weren't going to offer. They are looking for more developed TEs. So right now they are off his list. He says his July calendar is full of camps just has to pick the ones he wants to attend

Arkansas is loaded with TEs right now. They have as many TEs on their roster as they do WRs. Just bad timing for the kid. Sometimes that's what it boils down to unfortunately.

BigLion10

I apologize BJ was being recruited for DE not TE

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: BigLion10 on July 02, 2016, 02:40:13 pm
I apologize BJ was being recruited for DE not TE

It most likely comes down to what I said I my  post. Great athlete and kid, just not enough weight.

mr.gametime

July 02, 2016, 08:52:08 pm #30 Last Edit: July 02, 2016, 08:54:31 pm by mr.gametime
Yeah....even if they add about 35lbs to him thats still gone be kinda small for a defensive end...in the S.E.C...

birddawg1986

So was Jamal Anderson(UA)out of LR. Ended up being 1st team All SEC and first round pick of Atlanta Falcons

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas