• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fearlessfriday fan poll preseason vote(2a)

Started by HorseFeathers, June 24, 2016, 10:08:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

rules are simple
1. School affilation
2. a legitimate top 10
3. if you feel like it give us some comments

BigLion10

England
1. England
2. Hector
3. Danville
4. Mt Ida
5. Des Arc
6. Rison
7. Earle
8. Magnet Cove
9. McCrory
10. Harmony Grove
11. Hampton

WPWells

My school is Rector

1. Rector
2. England
3. Hector
4. Danville
5. Earle
6. Rison
7. Camden Harmony Grove
8. Mount Ida
9. Des Arc
10. Magnet Cove
11. Hampton

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 24, 2016, 11:22:54 pm
My school is Rector

1. Rector
2. England
3. Hector
4. Danville
5. Earle
6. Rison
7. Camden Harmony Grove
8. Mount Ida
9. Des Arc
10. Magnet Cove
11. Hampton

finally a rector poster!......wait a second, somethings not right here..

Hornet4ever

Hackett

1. England
2. Hector
3. Rison
4. Danville
5. Des Arc
6. Camden Harmony Grove
7. Mt. Ida
8. Earle
9. Mccrory
10. Hackett

Yes, I am from Hackett and I am bias. However, after the team camps and the way the boys look I'm highly confident in having them in my top 10. The rest of the teams are pretty set in my opinion, besides Earle and Mccrory. Mccrory is supposed to lose quite a bit, so we'll see on them. If Hackett comes out in the early weeks and drags around I will remove them from my top 10, but I think we will be pretty good.  8)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 24, 2016, 11:28:28 pm
Hackett

1. England
2. Hector
3. Rison
4. Danville
5. Des Arc
6. Camden Harmony Grove
7. Mt. Ida
8. Earle
9. Mccrory
10. Hackett

Yes, I am from Hackett and I am bias. However, after the team camps and the way the boys look I'm highly confident in having them in my top 10. The rest of the teams are pretty set in my opinion, besides Earle and Mccrory. Mccrory is supposed to lose quite a bit, so we'll see on them. If Hackett comes out in the early weeks and drags around I will remove them from my top 10, but I think we will be pretty good.  8)

I think you can justify hackett at #10...I mean at least they played football last year? just fielding a team gets you ranked in the top 20 bu some folks, if you play in that big boy conference down south

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 24, 2016, 11:30:59 pm
I think you can justify hackett at #10...I mean at least they played football last year? just fielding a team gets you ranked in the top 20 bu some folks, if you play in that big boy conference down south

Such a joke.

Especially Hampton.

WPWells

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 24, 2016, 11:27:26 pm

does rector even play football

Cheek

Cheek

mtindian42

1.england
2.hector
3.rison
4.danville
5.chg
6.Da
7.mt.ida
8.bearden
9.earle
10.MT

Pit Bull

Quote from: HorseFeathers on June 24, 2016, 11:27:26 pm

They should have a strong QB coming that should be a 9th grader this season, are they moving him up to lead the senior team?

heavyhittaz_7

Hermitage

1.England
2.Hector
3.Rison
4.Danville
5.Harmony Grove
6.Earle
7.McCrory
8.MT Ida
9.Des Arc
10.Hermitage

Really think people are over looking the hermits. Especially hootens they have Hampton in the top 20 and didn't even have a team last year smh but has the hermits ranked above them in conference play. Hermits have everybody returning except 3 players from last year and has some move in's.Spring ball they had 17 players out and more was to come. Can't forget IMO they have the best player in 2A in Monta Thomas and he has some weapons around him. This group of SR played against JC  when they were 9th graders for the conference championship.

Backwoods Bart

June 25, 2016, 05:12:36 pm #13 Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 05:14:09 pm by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: mtindian42 on June 25, 2016, 07:38:48 am
1.england
2.hector
3.rison
4.danville
5.chg
6.Da
7.mt.ida
8.bearden
9.earle
10.MT

This looks solid, but Rison will struggle to make it here . Bearden may be too high or low depending on line play. They have a large underclass line in waiting, but Sr's always get first look. They will have the best QB & LB core in the 8 as well. Next year will be the year of the Bear!

heavyhittaz_7

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 25, 2016, 05:12:36 pm
This looks solid, but Rison will struggle to make it here . Bearden may be too high or low depending on line play. They have a large underclass line in waiting, but Sr's always get first look. They will have the best QB & LB core in the 8 as well. Next year will be the year of the Bear!
Best QB in the 8 will be Thomas.

big E

Quote from: Cheek on June 25, 2016, 07:05:15 am
PW loves that they do!
without them and Marvell and Clarendon could you imagine what Sartins record would be.

Backwoods Bart

June 25, 2016, 07:30:28 pm #16 Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 09:19:36 pm by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on June 25, 2016, 05:50:59 pm
Best QB in the 8 will be Thomas.

Thomas's running #'s may back you up, but I guess I see him as the best RB, purposed as QB. Berry is a better pocket QB, IMO. Thomas is good!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

heavyhittaz_7

Pick_DA_EAGLES

#72 Bearden Bear

Bearden, just because daughter is cheerleader.

1.   Hector
2.   McCrory
3.   England
4.   C Harmony Grove
5.   Rison
6.   Earle
7.   Mt. Ida
8.   Des Arc
9.   Danville
10. Conway Christian

ljfan92

Danville

1. Danville
2. England
3. Hector
4. Mt. Ida
5. McCrory
6. Rison
7. Magnet Cove
8. C. Harmony Grove
9. Earle
10. Des Arc

Wildcatalumni21

Hector

1. England
2. Hector
3. Danville
4. Mt. Ida
5. McCrory
6. Des Arc
7. Rison
8. CHG
9. Magnet Cove
10. Hermitage

Lionbro20

England

1.England
2.danville
3.Hector
4.Mt Ida
5.CHG
6.Mccrory
7.Rison
8.Des arc
9.Hermitage
10.MC

BrianfromCarlisle

1.England
2.Hector
3.Danville
4.Mt Ida
5.CHG
6.Mccrory
7.Rison
8.Des arc
9.Hermitage
10. Carlisle

bigworm

I could be wrong but I don't see how earle doesn't finish top 10. Cross County, epc, Or someone from the 3 will be top 10 surely.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bigworm on July 02, 2016, 11:14:13 pm
I could be wrong but I don't see how earle doesn't finish top 10. Cross County, epc, Or someone from the 3 will be top 10 surely.

some view this as a beginning the season, not where they'll finish. Heard a lot of praise andhype of Earle last year for 10 weeks....then the bulldogs crash and burn in the first round....without doing ny homework I'd probably have them around #5 in the preseason...

which reminds me..I'll count this up monday evening...maybe(depends on getting off work and in-laws bbq)

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bigworm on July 02, 2016, 11:14:13 pm

Hermitage, Carlisle or Mcrory won't be top 10 in my opinion. These polls are just biased speculation. The real poll will come after week one, and who pans out and who doesn't.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on July 02, 2016, 11:42:42 pm
Hermitage, Carlisle or Mcrory won't be top 10 in my opinion. These polls are just biased speculation. The real poll will come after week one, and who pans out and who doesn't.

McCrory still has the glow of bringing home the hardware last year

bigworm

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 02, 2016, 11:51:47 pm
McCrory still has the glow of bringing home the hardware last year

Agreed, but they should have to be beaten out of the top ten on the field. Until then, they are top 10, IMO. they deserve that as well as any defending champion.

2aball

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 02, 2016, 11:17:13 pm
some view this as a beginning the season, not where they'll finish. Heard a lot of praise andhype of Earle last year for 10 weeks....then the bulldogs crash and burn in the first round....without doing ny homework I'd probably have them around #5 in the preseason...

which reminds me..I'll count this up monday evening...maybe(depends on getting off work and in-laws bbq)

Earle will have as much talent as any team in the state, as usual. It will all boil down to whether they can keep some of the players interested in football as the season passes.

I was talking with their coach last season and he said that his biggest problem was always late in the season. Once it started nearing basketball season they all lost interest in football and started gearing up for basketball.

It's probably always going to be a basketball town, but it's a shame to see them miss so many opportunities in football. They have the talent every year to compete for championships if they can keep the kids bought in.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: 2aball on July 03, 2016, 06:00:50 pm
Earle will have as much talent as any team in the state, as usual. It will all boil down to whether they can keep some of the players interested in football as the season passes.

I was talking with their coach last season and he said that his biggest problem was always late in the season. Once it started nearing basketball season they all lost interest in football and started gearing up for basketball.

It's probably always going to be a basketball town, but it's a shame to see them miss so many opportunities in football. They have the talent every year to compete for championships if they can keep the kids bought in.

I can't blame them for the basketball thing....state champs last year, and I hear from Non-Earle fans that they have the talent to win 2 or 3 more in a row

Hornet4ever

McCrory was excellent last season. I experienced it first hand when Hackett went there, then I watched them in the state game put Rison down 28-6 in the first half which impressed me. I think this season will be wide open. Guess we will see, if I had to choose a favorite for state right now I would probably pick Danville. As much as I hate to say that.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on July 03, 2016, 07:41:04 pm
Guess we will see, if I had to choose a favorite for state right now I would probably pick Danville. As much as I hate to say that.

I hope you puked when you posted that

Hornet4ever

2aball

Quote from: HorseFeathers on July 03, 2016, 06:57:05 pm
I can't blame them for the basketball thing....state champs last year, and I hear from Non-Earle fans that they have the talent to win 2 or 3 more in a row

That's true, but they actually have the talent at that school to win state in both sports if they wanted to. Or at least last years team did.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: 2aball on July 04, 2016, 12:01:28 pm
That's true, but they actually have the talent at that school to win state in both sports if they wanted to. Or at least last years team did.

So what happened round 1?

2aball

Quote from: Hornet4ever on July 04, 2016, 02:58:15 pm
So what happened round 1?

From what their coach told me, lots of mysterious injuries the past few weeks of the season that miraculously healed up as soon as football was over and basketball had began. He said he has that problem every year. Some of his players just check out as the weather starts turning colder and basketball gets nearer. It's hard to win when some of your team is ready for it to be over.

Pit Bull

It should be interesting for coach this season tho he has a good weight room program and his core group aren't BBallers.

bdubyab60

You know where Im from.

1.Danville- Solid team moving down from 3A
2.England- Pretty good squad returning
3.Hector- Do they still got the Gaines kid- if so he will carry them again
4.Harmony Grove- don't know much about them but some scores form last year and they should be tough
5.Mt. Ida- Solid playoff team last year, not sure what all they lost off that team.
6.Rison- Lost a ton off this team but het its Rison
7.Des Arc- Eagles just seem to keep rolling. should be favored in the 6 I would think.
8.Earle- A ton of talent, can they keep them motivated. They need to move up the linebacker from 9th grade. BEAST.
9.Mccrory- No Campell no Rogo. CAn they replace these playmakers
10.Cross County- Lost a pretty big crew but they have a decent program going. But this spot is always a revolving door.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on July 05, 2016, 04:01:43 pm
You know where Im from.

1.Danville- Solid team moving down from 3A
2.England- Pretty good squad returning
3.Hector- Do they still got the Gaines kid- if so he will carry them again
4.Harmony Grove- don't know much about them but some scores form last year and they should be tough
5.Mt. Ida- Solid playoff team last year, not sure what all they lost off that team.
6.Rison- Lost a ton off this team but het its Rison
7.Des Arc- Eagles just seem to keep rolling. should be favored in the 6 I would think.
8.Earle- A ton of talent, can they keep them motivated. They need to move up the linebacker from 9th grade. BEAST.
9.Mccrory- No Campell no Rogo. CAn they replace these playmakers
10.Cross County- Lost a pretty big crew but they have a decent program going. But this spot is always a revolving door.

Gaines does indeed return for one more go round at Hector

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas