• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blytheville Kipp

Started by playmaker04, June 23, 2016, 11:54:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

playmaker04

Blytheville Kipp will not field a varsity squad this season. Cross County has replaced them with Clarendon at their place. Any other 3-2a teams replaced them with anybody?

Missco

I couldn't believe that they declared in the first place. They only added the 10th grade last year. Eventually they will be able to field a team

mtindian42

Hate that for them... CC had Clarendon on stand by lol... Smart move. Hope we had a plan b are we could be open that night.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Missco on June 23, 2016, 12:11:29 pm
I couldn't believe that they declared in the first place. They only added the 10th grade last year. Eventually they will be able to field a team

you mean an average enrollment of 18 for the last 3 years aren't enough to support a team? oh darn

Missco

Lol..they have about 60 to 70 kids per grade in 4-9. They just now are adding grades each year as the kids move up. They will eventually be a bigger class AA school.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Missco on June 23, 2016, 08:03:17 pm
Lol..they have about 60 to 70 kids per grade in 4-9. They just now are adding grades each year as the kids move up. They will eventually be a bigger class AA school.

probably grow like the one in helena

Missco

Exactly, they are moving their lower grades into a new building this year. All Marked Tree has to do is play Brinkley on that date. They are open also.

Missco

June 23, 2016, 08:22:42 pm #7 Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 08:25:42 pm by Missco
Earle can play McCrory. Rector can play Marvell. EPC can play DesArc

mtindian42

Brinkley was a great game last year could have went ethier way... I'm down for a rematch...

Missco

What's sad is that school's like BIC, Marmaduke, and Riverside  have never started football. BIC has lost more students by not having it than the other two. I can see why a AA school might not want to add it but their is no excuse for a AAA school not to have it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Missco on June 23, 2016, 08:54:39 pm
What's sad is that school's like BIC, Marmaduke, and Riverside  have never started football. BIC has lost more students by not having it than the other two. I can see why a AA school might not want to add it but their is no excuse for a AAA school not to have it.

Ask rose bud what happened to their basketball program when they started football

Missco

I understand that happens but over all their is no correlation when you look at the data. Everything cycles. It hasn't effected Manila, Riverview, Parker's Chapel, or a host of other new programs basketball success. I agree though if a school districts patrons doesn't want football their is nothing wrong with not having it. However, that usually isn't always the case.

Missco

Rose Bud is in an area where the patrons wanted it. I would say the patrons of Marmaduke will never want football. I would say Riverside and BIC are the same way with a few wanting it.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Missco on June 23, 2016, 10:03:39 pm
Rose Bud is in an area where the patrons wanted it. I would say the patrons of Marmaduke will never want football. I would say Riverside and BIC are the same way with a few wanting it.

definitely gotta have the full support of the administration and community to make it work....

Missco

Arkansas has had more exsisting schools start football in the last 15 years than any other state in the Union. It is one of only a handful of states that let non-football schools start early. That's not a bad thing but if that was ever taken out of the equation then you would see a few more schools add it. I can see another 4 or 5 schools adding it in the future.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Missco on June 23, 2016, 08:22:42 pm
Earle can play McCrory. Rector can play Marvell. EPC can play DesArc
EPC is playing Des Arc by the Schedule I saw to replace Kipp

playmaker04

Bdub how many kids came out in the spring?

bdubyab60

Not sure but id imagine in the 20's

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: bdubyab60 on June 24, 2016, 09:32:09 am
EPC is playing Des Arc by the Schedule I saw to replace Kipp

EPC has been on des arc's schedule for about a month or so.

bdubyab60

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on June 24, 2016, 10:31:43 am

EPC has been on des arc's schedule for about a month or so.
Just got my schedule last night lol.

2aball

Quote from: playmaker04 on June 24, 2016, 09:38:13 am
Bdub how many kids came out in the spring?

Somewhere between 25-32 is what I was told. The spring numbers where kind of interrupted by a coaching change right in the middle of it. They are expecting right around 30 to start summer camps. That number will probably decrease as the season goes on though because there are usually a few that quit.

mtindian42

Quote from: 2aball on June 25, 2016, 10:37:11 pm
Somewhere between 25-32 is what I was told. The spring numbers where kind of interrupted by a coaching change right in the middle of it. They are expecting right around 30 to start summer camps. That number will probably decrease as the season goes on though because there are usually a few that quit.
weathers leave?

Oldref

Quote from: Missco on June 23, 2016, 10:00:35 pm
I understand that happens but over all their is no correlation when you look at the data. Everything cycles. It hasn't effected Manila, Riverview, Parker's Chapel, or a host of other new programs basketball success. I agree though if a school districts patrons doesn't want football their is nothing wrong with not having it. However, that usually isn't always the case.

I think  there is almost no interest or desire to start football at BIC or Riverside. Both are not willing to spend the money or risk damaging their baseball and Basketball programs because of football plus it is really expensive. Takes a very long time to be  competitive in nearly every new program I have watched get started....that takes a real commitment to football to go thru all that pain. JMO

2aball

Quote from: mtindian42 on June 27, 2016, 11:12:47 am
weathers leave?

He didn't leave, just took a job as the elementary principle. He won't be coaching anymore though. Brandon Powell will be taking over. He's going to be a good one. Style will be a little different than Weathers probably, but he knows his stuff. He's a great young coach.

Missco

Their has been some interest at BIC. Just like more people at BIC want volleyball than you would think

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas