• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anfernee Davis

Started by playmaker04, June 16, 2016, 09:17:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

playmaker04

Setbacks with grades kept this kid from playing d1or d2 but he worked hard and didn't give up and he is now a member of the Arkansas Baptist Buffaloes. Congratulations. AB got a steal.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

A  lineman from des arc (Matthew Tate) went there as well.

Hornet4ever

Well done. Kid is very talented

mtindian42

44 go show them how it's done. Congrats to AD

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: playmaker04 on June 16, 2016, 09:17:15 am
Setbacks with grades kept this kid from playing d1or d2 but he worked hard and didn't give up and he is now a member of the Arkansas Baptist Buffaloes. Congratulations. AB got a steal.

visiting with a AB graduate recently (who went on to a successful D-2 scholarship & graduation) , I asked him how it went for him at AB. He said that he enjoyed his time there, but going in, he underestimated it. He made no bones about it, on arrival, he found 200 kids that were just as good or better than he, that were fighting for or to keep their scholarship. he said it was very intense and extremely competitive. If your good, it will make you better! 

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on June 19, 2016, 12:37:31 pm
visiting with a AB graduate recently (who went on to a successful D-2 scholarship & graduation) , I asked him how it went for him at AB. He said that he enjoyed his time there, but going in, he underestimated it. He made no bones about it, on arrival, he found 200 kids that were just as good or better than he, that were fighting for or to keep their scholarship. he said it was very intense and extremely competitive. If your good, it will make you better!

College is for sure a much higher level then high school ball, no matter the college level.

mr.gametime

I talked to a coach that was on Arkansas Baptist staff a couple years ago...and he told me ...that when Cam Newton left Florida and went to a juco school...he almost went to Arkansas Baptist...but they wanted him to play T.E instead Qb so he went to a different juco program before going to Auburn

Proud Buckaroo

If he keeps up the hard work. He may see himself on a good D-1 or D-2 program.

All in all, congratulations.

2aball

Quote from: mr.gametime on June 19, 2016, 05:42:58 pm
I talked to a coach that was on Arkansas Baptist staff a couple years ago...and he told me ...that when Cam Newton left Florida and went to a juco school...he almost went to Arkansas Baptist...but they wanted him to play T.E instead Qb so he went to a different juco program before going to Auburn

Cool if true, but that seems awfully hard to believe. At that time AB football was just in it's infancy wasn't it? Why would he have chosen AB when he could go to any of the top JUCO's in the country?

I'm not saying it's not true by the way. Just saying that it's pretty hard to wrap your head around.

mr.gametime

Lol...i have no idea if its true or not....thats just the story he told me

2aball

Quote from: mr.gametime on June 21, 2016, 08:13:13 pm
Lol...i have no idea if its true or not....thats just the story he told me

Pretty crazy if it is.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas