• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Top conference of 2016

Started by Ventman, June 09, 2016, 09:24:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ventman

Wildman5

Ventman

Wildman5

Quote from: Ventman on June 09, 2016, 09:46:17 pm
I can go with that wildman.
Well you arguably the best two teams in the state in that conference should be pretty strong

Ventman

England and Hector are in the top 5 for sure. England is my number one. I think the 6-2A is up in the air right now. Hazen and Des Arc should be good but I'm not sure about the rest of the conference.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: Ventman on June 10, 2016, 06:54:10 am
England and Hector are in the top 5 for sure. England is my number one. I think the 6-2A is up in the air right now. Hazen and Des Arc should be good but I'm not sure about the rest of the conference.
I agree with the 5 on top, Hazen will make a little noise in the 6 with the young kids but I don't see them being better than 3rd in the conference this year.

Wildman5

Week 7 will be a doozy when England plays Hector. I now brazeal and Gaines will be good to watch.

bigworm

don't sleep on the 8. I mean, heck don't they own like the last 100 titles until 2015 came around?

Wildman5

Quote from: bigworm on June 10, 2016, 03:24:34 pm
don't sleep on the 8. I mean, heck don't they own like the last 100 titles until 2015 came around?
Magazine 2010

Ventman

Quote from: bigworm on June 10, 2016, 03:24:34 pm
Never sleep on the SEC of two A ball big. Isn't CHGrove in there now? We all know Rison's history.

beach bum

June 10, 2016, 06:40:31 pm #10 Last Edit: June 10, 2016, 06:45:33 pm by beach bum
I am wondering if others will agree with my assessment of how I see 2A for the 2016 season?
    I think we can all agree that the 5-2A will be the top dog when it comes to the conferences. Then, I would put the 6-2A as the 2nd best conference for the obvious traditionally rich teams in their league. After that, it may sound crazy but even with the loss of Hector I think the 4-2A will get the slightest edge. Danville will challenge for a title and Lavaca is a toss up team. They could win a couple playoff games if they field a solid team in 2A. Then Hackett and Mountainburg are quietly getting better. Who would have thought the 8-2A would be behind the 4-2A but the loss of JC and Bearden sliding has me putting the 8-2A as the 4th best league just barely behind the 4-2A. Then I would by the slightest margin have the 7-2A ahead of the 3-2A.
    My main thing though for 2016 is obviously there will be 3 or 4 that separate from the pack of the teams everyone is already talking about like Hector and England. After that though I see a huge pod of teams in 2A that will capable of getting to the quarterfinals if their chips fall the right way for them. And feel free to correct some of my opinions as plenty of you follow 2A closer!

beach bum

Also, when the real season starts it will screw up all of our predictions when real life sets in haha....

Hornet4ever

I was going to put forth thought as well. I'm obviously a 4-2A homer. But I really feel like the 4-2A will make noise this year. Hackett and Burg will be tough, along with Danville. I don't know much about Lavaca, but I'm sure they will be alright too. If it was up to me, pre-season rankings would go like this.

1. 5-2A
2. 6-2A
I feel like number 3 and 4 is a toss up between 7-2A and 4-2A
5. 8-2A
6. 3-2A

Don't get me wrong, this could change drastically, and the 3-2A and 8-2A could come out slinging this season and put others to shame. It's all just talk anyways, hopeful talk.

beach bum

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 10, 2016, 06:46:00 pm
I was going to put forth thought as well. I'm obviously a 4-2A homer. But I really feel like the 4-2A will make noise this year. Hackett and Burg will be tough, along with Danville. I don't know much about Lavaca, but I'm sure they will be alright too. If it was up to me, pre-season rankings would go like this.

1. 5-2A
2. 6-2A
I feel like number 3 and 4 is a toss up between 7-2A and 4-2A
5. 8-2A
6. 3-2A

Don't get me wrong, this could change drastically, and the 3-2A and 8-2A could come out slinging this season and put others to shame. It's all just talk anyways, hopeful talk.

I have been hearing Hackett has been looking very solid this summer and plenty of athletes for a 2A squad...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: beach bum on June 10, 2016, 06:48:54 pm
I have been hearing Hackett has been looking very solid this summer and plenty of athletes for a 2A squad...

This years Hackett squad could very well be the best Hackett team to date. I was not at the team camp last week, but I heard that they very well put the hammer down on everyone. It's odd too having an offensive line average 6'2 250. I'm so used to us being small... The sophmore class that has moved in as well has only lost around 4 games since they were in 5th grade.

Ventman

Sounds like those Hornets could turn some heads this year!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Ventman on June 11, 2016, 09:38:39 pm

Defense is still a mystery. Having to replace a bunch of linebackers, if they don't struggle with that we will be very good I believe.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Ventman on June 11, 2016, 09:38:39 pm

Turn some heads by finishing second at best???? No need to get to excited...

Ventman

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 12, 2016, 10:22:58 am

Turn some heads by finishing second at best???? No need to get to excited...
THA TRUTH crushing dreams already!😂

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Ventman on June 12, 2016, 10:31:13 am
THA TRUTH crushing dreams already!😂

Don't pay no mind. He's still sour over JC not winning the 8-2A last year.

😂😂

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 12, 2016, 12:22:14 pm
Don't pay no mind. He's still sour over JC not winning the 8-2A last year.

😂😂

Agh man nice try I was really hoping for more from u but I can see that the ammo is running low

JC Guy

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 12, 2016, 12:33:14 pm

Agh man nice try I was really hoping for more from u but I can see that the ammo is running low
Where have you been TT? I have been checking the boards maybe once a week the past several weeks and it has been dead on here.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 12, 2016, 12:33:14 pm

Yep

THA TRUTH

Quote from: JC Guy on June 12, 2016, 01:52:20 pm
Where have you been TT? I have been checking the boards maybe once a week the past several weeks and it has been dead on here.

Nothing has really brought me out... Just get bored

Hornet4ever

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 12, 2016, 03:43:25 pm

Nothing has really brought me out... Just get bored

Are you ever gonna make up with me and become friends

Ventman

Football season needs to come on and get here! This is sad when the most exciting thing is a war of words between Hornet and THA THRUTH😂

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 12, 2016, 05:11:04 pm
Are you ever gonna make up with me and become friends

When u stop being so soft

JC Guy

Hornet4ever

Quote from: THA TRUTH on June 12, 2016, 09:47:08 pm

When u stop being so soft

If I'm anything it's not soft. A soft person wouldn't retaliate at your posts my good sir.

;D

AT

Hornet, I was at the team camp at Hackett.

Hackett looked very impressive in the trenches. Big, big guys. I was told Hackett is starting to attract athletes out to football who don't usually play. I believe you have a rather large black player (I think he wore 44 at the team camp) who played only basketball last year? (I may be wrong about him only playing basketball)

Hackett's first string defensive line was a force to be reckoned with.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 13, 2016, 02:14:20 am
If I'm anything it's not soft. A soft person wouldn't retaliate at your posts my good sir.

;D

A child can retaliate... It's the getting ur feelings hurt by a post from people behind a keyboard that don't know a single thing about U or ur town

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Almatrackster on June 13, 2016, 04:55:48 am
Hornet, I was at the team camp at Hackett.

Hackett looked very impressive in the trenches. Big, big guys. I was told Hackett is starting to attract athletes out to football who don't usually play. I believe you have a rather large black player (I think he wore 44 at the team camp) who played only basketball last year? (I may be wrong about him only playing basketball)

Hackett's first string defensive line was a force to be reckoned with.

Alma Shhhh.... He's our secret weapon.  ;D

No, in all seriousness we are huge this year. It's really odd. Because we have always been small and slow. Coach Hester has done nothing but good for our program, I've had coaches tell me that this years team could be the best Hackett team to date. Guess we will see!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 13, 2016, 12:55:56 pm

No, in all seriousness we are huge this year. It's really odd. Because we have always been small and slow. Coach Hester has done nothing but good for our program, I've had coaches tell me that this years team could be the best Hackett team to date. Guess we will see!

Think we are going to average around 6'2 250 on the line. We have one guy that is fairly short, but is heavy. Big kid.

WPWells

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 13, 2016, 12:55:56 pm

Do you have a foreign exchange punter from California?

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Fred Bird on June 13, 2016, 02:43:42 pm
Do you have a foreign exchange punter from California?

Okay, to clear this up. I was not around when the joke was made about the foreign exchange punter from Cali. However, Hackett did have a foreign exchange student from Italy around 5 years ago. He was an awesome kicker, the best kicker that Hackett had in a long time. Lol... But to answer your question no we have nobody from California punting for us.  8)

Hackettattack

Quote from: Hornet4ever on June 13, 2016, 12:58:14 pm
Think we are going to average around 6'2 250 on the line. We have one guy that is fairly short, but is heavy. Big kid.

We r bigger then 6'2 Hornet. Three of the lineman are 6'4 !!

Plus a move in this summer will make us that much bigger :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas