• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prayers for Clarendon/Holly Grove communities

Started by MomaLion, May 06, 2016, 02:09:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MomaLion

We've been hit by a string of tragedies the last month that was capped off by the death of one of our 2015 graduates early Thurs morning.  This young man was a member of our football team and was undoubtedly the most inspirational person i've ever met.  He was a devout Christian and never missed an opportunity to preach the gospel wherever he was...school, locker room, anywhere.  This has hit our communities very hard as he was loved by everyone  :'(

Rabhog

BigLion10

So sad to hear this moma prayers from England

Lions84

WPWells

Sorry to hear this Moma. Prayers from Charleston.

mtindian42

MomaLion

Thank you all for the prayers...we buried a beloved teacher yesterday and have a candlelit service today for this young man....following numerous tragedies already these last few weeks.  :'(

jbtiger73

Prayers from the Buck. Monroe County family

fbhound

Quote from: MomaLion on May 06, 2016, 02:09:54 am
We've been hit by a string of tragedies the last month that was capped off by the death of one of our 2015 graduates early Thurs morning.  This young man was a member of our football team and was undoubtedly the most inspirational person i've ever met.  He was a devout Christian and never missed an opportunity to preach the gospel wherever he was...school, locker room, anywhere.  This has hit our communities very hard as he was loved by everyone  :'(
Can you give us his name and what part he played on the team? Thanks. Sorry for the community's loss, especially since he was such a leader, something all towns need in their midst. Have had friends in Clarendon over the past few years, so that creates an interest for me in the happenings there.

Ventman

HSFBF

I also do not see an obituary from Clarendon on a young person. Maybe there is another funeral home in town I should check?

HSFBF

Quote from: MomaLion on May 07, 2016, 09:28:37 am
Thank you all for the prayers...we buried a beloved teacher yesterday and have a candlelit service today for this young man....following numerous tragedies already these last few weeks.  :'(
Well, wanted to leave a condolence on the funeral home website but there is NO comment on any obituary  on the Brown Funeral Home or the Bob Neal and Sons Funeral Home website .. Nothing about them having any funerals in the past weeks involving any HG or Clarendon deceased person. Do not know what else to do at this point. Brown Funeral Home has NO obit listed at all, perhaps they are no longer in business as they were for many decades. Prayers go out to the student's family, whomever they are... :-[

fbhound

The Stuttgart Daily Leader did have a comment on the 20 year old young man's car wreck  on hiway 79 but no mention of burial arrangements. His name was Tarvers Tirell Amos of Clarendon. Age consistent of having graduated in 2015, this time last year. Prayers to the family.

Pit Bull

Dayton Kitchens

Lumberjackfan1978

Lions84

It been a ruff 2016 for all of South Monroe County.

MomaLion

Quote from: HSFBF on May 07, 2016, 06:42:31 pm
I also do not see an obituary from Clarendon on a young person. Maybe there is another funeral home in town I should check?
They used a funeral home in Marvell.

MomaLion

Quote from: fbhound on May 08, 2016, 01:52:51 pm
The Stuttgart Daily Leader did have a comment on the 20 year old young man's car wreck  on hiway 79 but no mention of burial arrangements. His name was Tarvers Tirell Amos of Clarendon. Age consistent of having graduated in 2015, this time last year. Prayers to the family.
Tarvares and yes that was his accident...used a funeral home out of Marvell.

curtain caller

Lions84

He was the son of a Pastor Friend of mine Prophet Lee Westley.  I still shocked that the young man is gone.

Lions84

Read this morning the wife of a fellow CHS Lion Football Player Class of 1985 Wife died suddenly last night.

MomaLion

Ventman

Lions84

July 11, 2016, 04:37:19 pm #24 Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:08:43 pm by Lions84
Yep the the Summer been no kinder. Got word today my wife got cancer.

Ventman

Quote from: Lions84 on July 11, 2016, 04:37:19 pm
Yep the the Summer been no kinder. Got word today my life got cancer.
Prayers

mtindian42

Lions84

MomaLion

Lions84

Ventman

Prayers 84, God is awesome all the time. Lean on him and he will pull you guys through this.

Oldbadger

Prayers for the Clarendon/Holly Grove communities and to you also Lion84.  Don't give up hope.  So much can be done today with this.  Am recovering myself from 2 years ago. Stay strong and she can beat this.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas