• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who will next year's contenders be?

Started by businesstron, March 15, 2017, 04:03:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ice Water

AAA Handbook, Article III, Section 1, Rule 1, Point J:

Public Charter School. For athletic eligibility purposes, a public charter school student must be enrolled by July 1 before a student enters grades 7-10 and requires that CSAP forms be signed. Students enrolling after July 1 prior to entering the 10th grade shall not be eligible for one calendar year (365 days).

-

He's ineligible.

BirdCall

The AAA ruled Doakes ineligible to plat this year because of the transfer rule which sucks if I was him I would go play for Southwest Christian Academy this year. Then transfer back where I please next year. AAA has no say so with what Southwest does. It would be wild to think he is about to miss his sophomore season for that and he just got offered by the Florida Gators yesterday. Big Blue Nation offer coming soon along with the Hogs.

Ctucker

Quote from: BirdCall on October 19, 2017, 10:47:49 pm
The AAA ruled Doakes ineligible to plat this year because of the transfer rule which sucks if I was him I would go play for Southwest Christian Academy this year. Then transfer back where I please next year. AAA has no say so with what Southwest does. It would be wild to think he is about to miss his sophomore season for that and he just got offered by the Florida Gators yesterday. Big Blue Nation offer coming soon along with the Hogs.
how does it suck we have rules and you got to go by them it was no secret.Could he not handle 7a.

BirdCall

Quote from: Ctucker on October 19, 2017, 10:53:37 pm
how does it suck we have rules and you got to go by them it was no secret.Could he not handle 7a.
Why would you say he couldn't handle 7A  ??? You gotta be joking or something.....

Bigtimebasketballfan

Still waiting to hear the reason why he left

Ctucker

Quote from: BirdCall on October 19, 2017, 11:09:27 pm
Why would you say he couldn't handle 7A  ??? You gotta be joking or something.....
He could handle 7a im sure but don't say rules suck everybody has them. Somebody should have cared enough to let him know that was the rule.

rammer

Maybe with all of the other studs at NLR he would not be the star player?

BirdCall

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on October 19, 2017, 11:21:59 pm
It wasn't going to be enough shots to go around in NLR if you asked me but idk what the reason was.

BirdCall

Quote from: rammer on October 20, 2017, 02:27:03 pm
Maybe with all of the other studs at NLR he would not be the star player?
The only player on that team that could be in a race with Doakes is Moody lets be real. Colin Moore and Fudge are good but Doakes and Moody are on another level my dude.

BirdCall

Quote from: Ctucker on October 20, 2017, 02:22:08 pm
He could handle 7a im sure but don't say rules suck everybody has them. Somebody should have cared enough to let him know that was the rule.
I'm just saying it sucks because no one will be able to see a top 10 player in the state showcase his talents on the court this year unless he goes prep.

Neckred

Quote from: Ctucker on October 19, 2017, 10:53:37 pm
Get a clue dude this kid is gonna be a 4 star player

Ctucker

Quote from: Neckred on October 27, 2017, 01:51:10 pm
Get a clue dude this kid is gonna be a 4 star player
if you would read whole thread dork u would see we're I said he could handle 7a. But might won't to learn the rules or he will be seating a lot weather he is a 4 star or 5 star.

BirdCall

Quote from: Ctucker on October 27, 2017, 09:23:48 pm
if you would read whole thread dork u would see we're I said he could handle 7a. But might won't to learn the rules or he will be seating a lot weather he is a 4 star or 5 star.
What rules? You name one 4Star or 5Star player that gets benched in Arkansas High School basketball.

Ctucker

Quote from: BirdCall on October 31, 2017, 12:29:55 pm
What rules? You name one 4Star or 5Star player that gets benched in Arkansas High School basketball.
[/quote Gearald Doakes!

NEABallftw

Unofficially stated that someone blew the whistle on the fact that he wasn't living in the NLR School District he was still living in Jacksonville.  He used a fake address whenever he applied to go to NLR. The address he used  was that of a cousin. 

francocat

Oh my! Someone finally put a halt to the endless NLR recruiting? Seriously? I thought they were untouchable except when they want to can a coach!

BirdCall

I see NLR has a big that looks about 6'8 I wonder where he came from?

coachzo

Quote from: Bigtimebasketballfan on October 19, 2017, 11:21:59 pm

I train and know these kids....the reason Gerald left is because he went the Malik monk route....he looks up to Malik a whole lot and he models everything he does after him. Malik played 2A ball at EPC then left for 7A Bentonville. Malik dominated his 2a freshman year as well as Gerald....a lot of coaches in college want to see you play the best talent in your state before put their trust in you with a scholarship. The bigger the conference the more pub. NLR is a good fit cause moses and Gerald play good together. The thing I notice about Devo and Gerald is that both of them have alpha male personalities. Moses on the other hand does not. Meaning, Gerald could and would fit better with moses then devo. Also, colleges are recruiting Gerald as a 1 not a 2. SO he would have to get some quality time a the PG position. NLR doesn't have a PG and the school he came from does.

coachzo

Quote from: BirdCall on September 18, 2017, 08:56:11 pm
Lets not say that now everybody knows pound for pound the kid from West Memphis is the best player in the class. The young bull had like 30+ double this summer in AAU. He is already a grown man among boys. Who cares if Doakes doesn't start...He is still he 2nd best or best player on that team check the offers/interest down the line my guy. Forget rankings I'm talking straight game and skill.

Chris Moore (West Memphis) has been the best in the class thus far. But when I think of college prospect I think of Potential. I believe Chris has tapped out on growing. So he would be a 6"5 / 6"6 Power forward in college. That wont get it done at major colleges. I love watching him play, he's a hard worker in practice as well as the game. Devo has the most potential and the best IQ in the class which will take him a long way. He's already 6"3 as a sophomore playing PG and I think hes gonna get to 6"5. His wingspan is ridiculous. The game comes so easy to him. Moses has a lot of potential too but he has to get more dawg in him from what Ive seen. Gerald is the most athletic and the more explosive scorer out of the class but he plays the 2 and hes only 6"1. Once again Ive been coaching against, coaching with and training these boys since 5th grade. Devo has the highest ceiling out of 2020 class.

BirdCall

Quote from: coachzo on November 14, 2017, 08:20:33 am
Chris Moore (West Memphis) has been the best in the class thus far. But when I think of college prospect I think of Potential. I believe Chris has tapped out on growing. So he would be a 6"5 / 6"6 Power forward in college. That wont get it done at major colleges. I love watching him play, he's a hard worker in practice as well as the game. Devo has the most potential and the best IQ in the class which will take him a long way. He's already 6"3 as a sophomore playing PG and I think hes gonna get to 6"5. His wingspan is ridiculous. The game comes so easy to him. Moses has a lot of potential too but he has to get more dawg in him from what Ive seen. Gerald is the most athletic and the more explosive scorer out of the class but he plays the 2 and hes only 6"1. Once again Ive been coaching against, coaching with and training these boys since 5th grade. Devo has the highest ceiling out of 2020 class.
I agree with everything your saying just about but I feel Chris Moore will get a jumpshot sometime soon where he could play the 3/4 in college. Also Devo, Doakes and Moore play well together in AAU to go 31-5 this summer so why can't Doakes and Devo work on the same team? Devo does have some crazy potential but so does Doakes. I believe Doakes will play the 2 in college maybe kind of undersized but he should grow to at least 6"3 and play SG just like Kevaughn is doing in Florida and how Malik did at Kentucky. I agree that Moody does need to get some dog in him and really wondering why he left Parkview when they are clearly better than NLR? Doakes may be in a PG body right now but he has SG volume scoring game written everywhere else just like Malik and Kevaughn.

AB™

Watched Northside and Fayetteville tonight.  Sorry, I don't know names other than Isaiah Joe.

Fayetteville is obviously well-coached and disciplined, but talent wise they didn't stack up to Northside.  Still, it was a close game that went to OT.  Fayetteville had a six point lead with about two minutes to go but Northside rattled off a really quick 7-0 run to take the lead.  It was a close, back-and-forth game all night.  For Fayetteville, #15 and #14 were the only two who could really stack up athletically with most of Northside's rotational players.  I was very impressed with #15's.

Northside obviously has Joe who's arguably the best player in the state, but they're also young.  They have one sophomore who I don't think is really on the class of 2020 radar as far as D1 offers go, but the kid can play.  He's 6'9", has soft touch, good instincts, and very smooth and comfortable around the basket.  His biggest issue tonight was that after playing about 3-4 straight minutes (of game time) he was noticeably winded, but that should work itself out as the season progresses.  Regardless, the kid can play.  Northside also plays three other sophomores.  One is a 6'2" wing who can shoot and is a good looking athlete; I think he had 8 or 10 tonight and hit a couple of 3s.  The other is a 6'5" or 6'6" big who played heavy rotation minutes.  The fourth sophomore played spot minutes but I remember seeing him play in junior high last year and he's talented.  Once the young talent of Northside gets some seasoning under their belt, I can see them being pretty dangerous by January and February. 

Isaiah had a rough game but the talent is obviously there.  I don't remember him hitting a three on 10ish attempts.  It was just one of those nights.  I don't know what other 7A teams have, and I doubt Northside is a favorite to win state after losing so much off of last year's team, but they have some young, very talented players that could make Northside very dangerous when it matters most once they get some more games under their belt. 

Brian G

Quote from: AB™ on November 21, 2017, 09:31:55 pm
Watched Northside and Fayetteville tonight.  Sorry, I don't know names other than Isaiah Joe.

Fayetteville is obviously well-coached and disciplined, but talent wise they didn't stack up to Northside.  Still, it was a close game that went to OT.  Fayetteville had a six point lead with about two minutes to go but Northside rattled off a really quick 7-0 run to take the lead.  It was a close, back-and-forth game all night.  For Fayetteville, #15 and #14 were the only two who could really stack up athletically with most of Northside's rotational players.  I was very impressed with #15's.

Northside obviously has Joe who's arguably the best player in the state, but they're also young.  They have one sophomore who I don't think is really on the class of 2020 radar as far as D1 offers go, but the kid can play.  He's 6'9", has soft touch, good instincts, and very smooth and comfortable around the basket.  His biggest issue tonight was that after playing about 3-4 straight minutes (of game time) he was noticeably winded, but that should work itself out as the season progresses.  Regardless, the kid can play.  Northside also plays three other sophomores.  One is a 6'2" wing who can shoot and is a good looking athlete; I think he had 8 or 10 tonight and hit a couple of 3s.  The other is a 6'5" or 6'6" big who played heavy rotation minutes.  The fourth sophomore played spot minutes but I remember seeing him play in junior high last year and he's talented.  Once the young talent of Northside gets some seasoning under their belt, I can see them being pretty dangerous by January and February. 

Isaiah had a rough game but the talent is obviously there.  I don't remember him hitting a three on 10ish attempts.  It was just one of those nights.  I don't know what other 7A teams have, and I doubt Northside is a favorite to win state after losing so much off of last year's team, but they have some young, very talented players that could make Northside very dangerous when it matters most once they get some more games under their belt. 
Did you see me on the end of the FHS Bench with the scorebook?

Brian G

BTW, Fayetteville just got an influx of players from football.  I thought the Bulldogs were gutty tonight in a tough environment.  7 of the 9 that played were playing in just their second varsity game.

Johnson and Cooper where the two players you reference. 

Looking forward to a fun season.

businesstron

Quote from: AB™ on November 21, 2017, 09:31:55 pm

Nice recap.   It's probably been close to a decade since the last time Northside had that much size in their lineup.   NLR is gonna be the favorite as far as 7a goes but it looks like it's gonna be a fun season.

Bbal789

North Little Rock looks practically unbeatable this year with Moses Moody, Collin Moore, and Shawn Fudge

Bbal789

November 22, 2017, 11:08:34 am #75 Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 11:54:41 pm by Bbal789
Top Players
1. Moses Moody-North Little Rock
2. Isaiah Joe- Forth Smith Northside
3. Collin Moore-North Little Rock
4. Khalen Robinson-Bryant
5. Terry Clardy-Conway
6. Tylor Perry-Springdale Har-ber
7. Michael Shanks-Bentonville
8. Shawn Fudge-North Little Rock
9. Caleb London-Conway
10. Asa Hutchinson-Bentonville
11. Tyler Garret-Springdale Har-ber
12. Ron Johnson-Fayetteville
13. Collin Cooper-Fayetteville
14. Seth Stanley-Heritage
15.Carl Fitch-Springdale
16. Rodney Lambert-Bryant
17. Ray Fresh-North Little Rock
18. Camren Hunter-Bryant
19. Noah Allgood-Cabot
20. Austin Garret-Springdale Har-ber

AB™

Quote from: B.G. on November 21, 2017, 10:07:57 pm
Did you see me on the end of the FHS Bench with the scorebook?
Yes, actually. It took me a minute because I kept thinking "that guy looks really familiar" but by the end of the game I finally remembered who you were.

AB™

November 22, 2017, 11:49:54 am #77 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 11:52:47 am by AB™
Quote from: businesstron on November 22, 2017, 08:56:30 am
Nice recap.   It's probably been close to a decade since the last time Northside had that much size in their lineup.   NLR is gonna be the favorite as far as 7a goes but it looks like it's gonna be a fun season.
Yeah, Northside passes the "get off the bus and walk into the gym" eye test with flying colors.  Lot of long, rangy athletic players in their rotation.  Fayetteville has some solid athletes (I shouldn't have made it sound like #14 and #15 were their only two athletic players in my other post), but Northside is a pretty physically imposing team.  It's not just their 6'9" big man, either; the rest of their starting lineup was announced at either 6'3" or 6'4" and they bring more size and length off the bench. 

Fayetteville executed very well when they were able to get into their halfcourt offense.  The main/biggest difference in the game were the two or three stretches of the game where Northside generated turnovers and easy buckets off their fullcourt press.

Brian G

Quote from: businesstron on November 22, 2017, 08:56:30 am
They would be even bigger but a player is at VB.

BirdCall

Quote from: Bbal789 on November 22, 2017, 11:08:34 am
Top Players
1. Moses Moody-North Little Rock
2. Isaiah Joe- Forth Smith Northside
3. Collin Moore-North Little Rock
4. Khalen Robinson-Bryant
5. Shawn Fudge-North Little Rock
6. Terry Clardy-Conway
7. Tylor Perry-Springdale Har-ber
8. Michael Shanks-Bentonville
9. Asa Hutchinson-Bentonville
10. Collin Cooper-Fayetteville
11. Tyler Garret-Springdale Har-ber
12. Rodney Lambert-Bryant
13. Caleb London-Conway
14. Seth Stanley-Heritage
15.Carl Fitch-Springdale
Shanks, Perry, London are out of place on this list.....Not sure Moody is the top player in the 7A either.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas