• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The All Soccer Thread(US soccer, EPL, European leagues, Spanish/Mexican leagues.)

Started by AirWarren, August 02, 2015, 09:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Chelsea up big. Then starts blowing their lead.

Ahead on the aggregate though.

Wife's cousin from London came stateside for a few weeks. She brought me a new Chelsea hat and scarf from Stamford bridge for my birthday.

AirWarren

Chelsea wins 4-3. Aggregate 5-3.

We advance thanks to a strong first half. Second half was abysmal evidently.

Brilliant match by Pedro and Giroud.

AirWarren

beach bum

Going to be very interesting matchups in the semifinals for Chelsea and Arsenal...

The more exciting matchup from a standpoint of Eintracht Frankfurt really likes to be on the front foot and score goals so expect some goals in the matchup there and how will a team not used to Sarri ball fair in this matchup?

Valencia is very buttoned up defensively so Arsenal may have a lot of possession there but be worried about the Valencia counter attack which Arsenal can be vunerable to.

I am going to take Chelsea 5-3 on aggregate plus I will take Arsenal 2-2 on aggregate on away goals. I predict 0-0 draw at the Emirates and a 2-2 draw in Spain as enough to make it an all London final I wish for

beach bum

Finally saw the Chelsea highlights... What a strange match. But that first goal by Pedro was brilliant and soccer at its purest. When the goal itself is not the best part of the goal, but the build up passing to it you know it was a beauty. Father time may be getting to Pedro with his loss in quickness, etc. but he still is sharp as they come. That goal was all him with his vision and creativity.

AirWarren

beach bum

Chelsea seems to have the chance tomorrow to take some control of one of the Champions Leagues spots with their home match against Burnley. I can't see Burnley winning, but I absolutely hate watching them as all they do is muck up matches and you never know if they can sneak one by you and maybe play an ugly 1-1 draw type match. Chelsea needs all 3 points after Arsenal, Tottenham, and Man United all pathetically lose when they had chances to assert some control themselves. I'll take Chelsea 2-0 tomorrow though

beach bum

And just like that the match starts off anything, but dull..... Burnley scores fast and Chelsea answers back in the 11th minute to make it 1-1 very early 13 minutes in

beach bum

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on April 22, 2019, 02:15:03 pm
2-1 Chelsea literally right after I typed the above post

CHELSEA sure trying to live on the wild side. 2-2 at half.

beach bum

Tottenham 67 points - Brighton, West Ham, @ Bournemouth, Everton

Chelsea 67 - @ Manchester United, Watford, Leicester City

Arsenal 66 - @ Wolves, @ Leicester City, Brighton, @ Burnley

Manchester United 64 - Manchester City, Chelsea, @Huddersfield Town, Cardiff City

If I had to just go "off paper" which is always a terrible idea you would have to say Tottenham followed by Manchester United have the best odds to get into the top 4. Chelsea can certainly navigate their last 2 matches but only having 3 matches left hurts them. If Chelsea loses to Manchester United I see Chelsea going all into the Europa League to get there that way. Arsenal's schedule on paper with 4 matches left looks like they can pick up the points needed but @Wolves, @Leicester, @Burnley are tricky considering how poor Arsenal are away from home. I'm not even going to attempt how to predict how it finishes its too close to call.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Manchester derby going on. City up 1-0 in 64th.

Wolves hammering arsenal(lol) 3-0. In the 81st.

Correction. 2-0 man city. Lol.

AirWarren

How good....and scary is Manchester city?

The have pep. World class players. Arab oil money. And did I mention money. Money. Money.

I'm afraid there is a new power in England.

beach bum

I am starting to wonder if anybody wants the top 4

If Liverpool draws or loses a single match of their last 3 its over .... Man City must draw one of their next two matches and Liverpool win out to clinch the title. I just can't see Burnley or Leicester City stopping Man City especially with Man City out of the Champions League and able to have fresh guys all 3 of the remaining matches.

AirWarren

Chelsea needs to hammer man United Sunday to help their case in the top 4 race.

He nice to go ahead and win the Europa too and have a non EPL team win the champions league to seal our fate back into the UCL.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Liverpool flexes it's muscle toward city and says bring it! Wow this is going to be an exciting finish!!!!!

AirWarren

beach bum

Literally no one wants this thing for the top 4 ... all in bad form for 2 weeks now. This is getting strange. I did not watch Tottenham but did they play a bunch of backups with Ajax to play in a few days?

beach bum

From a story from the crazy side... if it couldn't get any worse for supporters of Bolton Wanderers with them relegated from the Championship to League One.... now their players are refusing to play their last 3 matches cause they aren't being paid by Bolton who are crumbling financially.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Chelsea tied with Man United.

Officiating was horrible. Several "tackles" made by Man U should have resulted in a red card. Specially the one on Willian in the 80th minute.

No one wants the champions league I guess. I'll say this. Higuain and Jorginho just don't play fast enough for EPL soccer.

beach bum

Seriously what on earth is going on with the top 4 chase.....

-Anyone else see what happened in the Leeds vs Aston Villa match? That was the craziest thing in soccer I have seen lately. Go youtube it if you have the chance. To add intrigue they may just play again in a couple weeks for the last promotion spot

1-Adam-12

Quote from: beach bum on April 27, 2019, 11:43:19 am
From a story from the crazy side... if it couldn't get any worse for supporters of Bolton Wanderers with them relegated from the Championship to League One.... now their players are refusing to play their last 3 matches cause they aren't being paid by Bolton who are crumbling financially.

I recently watched a documentary on Bournemouth.  They were exactly in the same situation in 2009, only they were in League Two and threatened with relegation from the Football League. 

The players played anyway.  And played well enough that they stayed up.

The rest is history.

Next season will be the Cherries' fifth consecutive in the Premier League.

Too bad the Bolton players won't follow that example.  Selfish.

AirWarren

AirWarren

Chelsea 1-1 at Frankfurt. Lord...

78th minute.

beach bum

Great results for both Chelsea and Arsenal... they really got to blow it to not meet in the finals now

beach bum

Tottenham in shambles today getting 2 reds and playing with 9 men the whole 2nd half in their loss to Bournemouth.

This gives Arsenal, Manchester United, and Chelsea a huge chance to make the final week dramatic.

If Arsenal & Man U can't beat Brighton & Huddersfield respectively that is awful.

Chelsea against Watford is slightly trickier. Watford plays them well and are having a good season. I still like Chelsea to win and hold their own destiny in the final week.

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on May 04, 2019, 09:27:27 am
Tottenham in shambles today getting 2 reds and playing with 9 men the whole 2nd half in their loss to Bournemouth.

This gives Arsenal, Manchester United, and Chelsea a huge chance to make the final week dramatic.

If Arsenal & Man U can't beat Brighton & Huddersfield respectively that is awful.

Chelsea against Watford is slightly trickier. Watford plays them well and are having a good season. I still like Chelsea to win and hold their own destiny in the final week.

Crazy that third spot(Safer than the 4th) is still up for grabs. If Chelsea can handle business, we can get that 3rd spot!

Son got his only 2nd red card in the spurs game. That's remarkable.

Longfellow

Quote from: beach bum on May 04, 2019, 09:27:27 am

I'm just glad to see the Cherries get a win. I had much higher hopes for this squad this year

beach bum

Mo Salah went out injured for Liverpool which means what tiniest chance they had to come back from 3-0 against Barcelona is toast. Divak Origi with a late goal to win it and keep the title race to the last day next Sunday

If Leicester City can pull a draw against Manchester City then Liverpool should just play reserves against Barcelona  Tuesday to be fresh against Wolves next weekend.

AirWarren

Loftus-cheek has been the spark in this match Chelsea has needed. He was the best player on the field in the first half. Comes out and takes a beautiful cross from eden and puts it in the net off a header!

Then eden throws another one up and David Luiz!!!!!!!!! Header!!!

2-0

AirWarren

Chelsea wins 3-0.

Man United is out of champions league contention.

beach bum

Quote from: AirWarren on May 05, 2019, 10:03:46 am
Chelsea wins 3-0.

Man United is out of champions league contention.

What pathetic displays from Manchester United and Arsenal... Now the top 4 is decided because Arsenal too far behind on goal difference for next week to matter

Now the Europa League matters most to Arsenal... It will decide if they join to top 4 next year of Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, and Tottemham in the Champions League or stay in the Europa League with Manchester United

beach bum

Liverpool without Salah or Firmino have scored 3 goals to even it up on aggregate with Barcelona.

All Barcelona needs is 1 goal though and that will probably be enough on away goals. What a match though. Liverpool can't let them score. 30 minutes left

beach bum

AirWarren

LIVERPOOL!!!! Wow!!!!!!

The look on Suarez and messi's face.......

beach bum

Might be the best performance I have ever watched live... they play that 100 times I bet Liverpool only does that 2 or 3 times. It all went right for them

AirWarren

beach bum

And just like that Tottenham pulls a second half 3 goal miracle of their own... UCL Final now is Liverpool vs Tottenham

Can Arsenal and Chelsea do their job tomorrow and make the EPL reign supreme in Europe this year? I think they will!

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on May 08, 2019, 04:15:49 pm
And just like that Tottenham pulls a second half 3 goal miracle of their own... UCL Final now is Liverpool vs Tottenham

Can Arsenal and Chelsea do their job tomorrow and make the EPL reign supreme in Europe this year? I think they will!

Good lord what a scenario for spurs.

AirWarren

beach bum

Arsenal looks unbelievable throughout the Europa League but have laid so many duds in the EPL

Chelsea gets it done by the skin of their teeth in PK's setting up the all London final

The funny thing is they have to travel all the way out to Baku, Azerbaijan to play the final at the end of the month

AirWarren

Quote from: beach bum on May 09, 2019, 06:16:56 pm
Arsenal looks unbelievable throughout the Europa League but have laid so many duds in the EPL

Chelsea gets it done by the skin of their teeth in PK's setting up the all London final

The funny thing is they have to travel all the way out to Baku, Azerbaijan to play the final at the end of the month

What a game for Kepa.

And how fitting. Luiz and Hazard making amazing plays. What a match.

beach bum

Salford City who is owned by the Manchester United class of 92 group is now part of the English Football League after being promoted 4 of the last 5 years in non league. They will join Leyton Orient who come back to the EFL after a brief non league spell.

Aston Villa and Leeds United hold 1 goal leads after today headed into their second playoff match. They are in the drivers seat now for the last EPL spot

AirWarren

VHSCoach2

Gotta feel for Liverpool. Lost one match all year, by one goal, and finished in second place by one point. The team they lost to? Manchester City.

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 13, 2019, 08:41:23 am
Gotta feel for Liverpool. Lost one match all year, by one goal, and finished in second place by one point. The team they lost to? Manchester City.

Been a fun year.

Is anyone else excited to see how our American phenom Christian Pulisic will do in the premiere league? Kid is like our soccer savior. Haha.

Ready to see him in blue.

AirWarren

Being reported that Eden Hazard and Chelsea have accepted a 113 million dollar bid for him to join Real Madrid. After cup final. All speculation. But man......sigh.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas