• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Greenwood Boys' Job Open?

Started by AT, April 11, 2015, 01:16:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

I've heard Coach Martin has taken the Greene County Tech job? Any truth to this?

Basketballfan13

InfamousTruth

Yes sir I heard he accepted the job last night.

scoutteamshoota

I know the job pays well but what is the talent like 7-12 they haven't won many games lately in high school.

Brian G

Good for Brian

Good luck to the next guy.  Hard job.

TheMercenary

scoutteamshoota

Good Money. Good Place to Live. Basketball has been good here in the past.  Just need the right guy here that can push the kids.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Isn't Martin from Greenwood? Greenwood has to pay as well as GCT...why leave GW? Weird...

Tripod1

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on April 21, 2015, 11:03:56 am
Isn't Martin from Greenwood? Greenwood has to pay as well as GCT...why leave GW? Weird...
Impossible place for all boys sports outside football there.  Martin is a Greenwood guy and couldn't wait to get out of town so that should tell you all you need to know.  I understand he had some personal issues and I imagine in that town that didn't sit well since he wasn't the football coach. 

scoutteamshoota

They need to hire someone from outside the program that can come in with a new direction for the program. The kids at Greenwood always play hard but there needs to be a system here. Alma has a system and they win why cant Greenwood do the same thing.

b-ball fan

Are they looking to hire from within? Maybe move up the assistant or Jr. High Coach? Seems like this would be an appealing job on many levels, but it will take someone who is willing to fight for their program if they are gonna be successful.

scoutteamshoota

They have a lot of Head Coaches that have applied for this job! One really successful coach. I believe interviews will start next week. They do have in house applicants but I think they will go outside

b-ball fan

their Jr. Boys coach won a state title as a head coach didn't he? Seems like he would have a chance

Brian G

Very difficult to get the comittment and retention within the sport in such a football crazed environment.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: B.G. on April 23, 2015, 03:59:34 pm
Very difficult to get the comittment and retention within the sport in such a football crazed environment.
yeah...I can see that...their golf team is usually tough though...lol...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on April 28, 2015, 01:35:03 pm

You must be talking about the girl's team.

Coach Venny Slocombe

Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2015, 01:49:37 pm

No, their boys team is usually pretty good also...bowlers as well...

ricepig

Quote from: Coach Venny Slocombe on April 28, 2015, 09:41:17 pm
Quote from: ricepig on April 28, 2015, 01:49:37 pm

No, their boys team is usually pretty good also...bowlers as well...

Ok, I thought you were talking about state championship quality teams, not pretty good, gotcha.

b-ball fan

scoutteamshoota

May 06, 2015, 09:59:15 am #19 Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:36:52 am by scoutteamshoota
Who did they hire...?
Special Board meeting Monday and narrowed down to 2 candidates from what I am hearing.  Did someone have to think about it ?
Surely for as much as that school pays it shouldnt be a decision to think about

What is the word on the street ?

Brian G

Greg Nichols has been promoted to the HC job.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas